Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire and Fury

Re: Fire and Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I used to think he was just crazy...now I'm not so sure. He's a smart guy, much smarter than the media is giving him credit for...
    He may end up being one of the best presidents we've had. He's the only conservative that could stand up to the media onslaught. They really don't know how to handle him. When one looks at what he does, rather than what he says, we get a better picture of who he is.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    He may end up being one of the best presidents we've had. He's the only conservative that could stand up to the media onslaught. They really don't know how to handle him. When one looks at what he does, rather than what he says, we get a better picture of who he is.
    yes, I agree we shouldn't consider anything he says as meaningful or indicative of any actual thoughts or values.

You are praising him for the thing that is at the heart of every anti-Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama, congress or government argument, lying. The fact that you could not take them at face value, at their word, to be straightforward and honest is what drives every creed's disillusionment with government. Like, that might be the only thing basically all Americans agree on. The fact that you cannot trust what they say has been the spreading cancer that has eaten away at the function of our government and has utterly disrespected and destroyed the trust of the American people. I don't think Trump invented it, far from it, but it is ceaselessly bizarre that he has managed to garner praise for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses
    ... it is ceaselessly bizarre that he has managed to garner praise for it.
    Conservatives dreamed of a David-like leader. They could have had it in a number of decent candidates during the primary elections, but they chose the father of lies. Now they have justify their bad decision with praise and self delusion. Sad.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    Conservatives dreamed of a David-like leader. They could have had it in a number of decent candidates during the primary elections, but they chose the father of lies. Now they have justify their bad decision with praise and self delusion. Sad.
    How about you make a list of what he's done and then for each thing on that list tell us what is wrong with it and why. That would be of more value than what you wrote above.

David, a man after God's own heart, so said God Himself, committed adulatory and plotted a man's murder and then had it carried out which made him a murderer. Moses was punished by God because he sinned greatly. Abraham sinned horribly, that man of great faith who took matters into his own hands because he did not fully trust God. Should I go on?

Now, I get it, but again, make that list please, address each item on that list and then post it please, otherwise, I'm sorry, but I can't take your comment seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    Ehhh no, Trump was my least favorite Republican in the primaries. I still don't like his shenanigans and I wish he would stay off twitter. But he's been able to get some good things done, and that has been a pleasant surprise. Not the least of which was preventing another Clinton presidency.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    You are praising him for the thing that is at the heart of every anti-Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama, congress or government argument, lying.
    Unfortunately, they all lie.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Ehhh no, Trump was my least favorite Republican in the primaries. I still don't like his shenanigans and I wish he would stay off twitter. But he's been able to get some good things done, and that has been a pleasant surprise. Not the least of which was preventing another Clinton presidency.
    Yea. But somehow, praising him for what he has done, rather than what he has said, in some way means endorsing everything he says.

People can't see the forest for the trees. I am very, very thankful that Trump is president now instead of the one that ran against him. Like you, he was not anywhere close to my top pick. But when he finally got elected, he governed more conservatively than any president we have had in my lifetime. I too wish he would quiet down. But man, what the guy has done with the courts, with regulation, and now with taxes is a big, big deal.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

But when he finally got elected, he governed more conservatively than any president we have had in my lifetime. I too wish he would quiet down. But man, what the guy has done with the courts, with regulation, and now with taxes is a big, big deal.
    This. For all the Fire and Fury, he's doing a decent job.

Isaiah 54

Politically motivated mental health professionals have been talking so much about how crazy Trump is, that the American Psychiatric Association has issued a statement:

APA Calls for End to ‘Armchair’ Psychiatry

Today, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) reiterates its continued and unwavering commitment to the ethical principle known as “The Goldwater Rule.” We at the APA call for an end to psychiatrists providing professional opinions in the media about public figures whom they have not examined, whether it be on cable news appearances, books, or in social media. Armchair psychiatry or the use of psychiatry as a political tool is the misuse of psychiatry and is unacceptable and unethical.

The ethical principle, in place since 1973, guides physician members of the APA to refrain from publicly issuing professional medical opinions about individuals that they have not personally evaluated in a professional setting or context. Doing otherwise undermines the credibility and integrity of the profession and the physician-patient relationship. Although APA’s ethical guidelines can only be enforced against APA members, we urge all psychiatrists, regardless of membership, to abide by this guidance in respect of our patients and our profession.

A proper psychiatric evaluation requires more than a review of television appearances, tweets, and public comments.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Well now the WP is reporting that "fire and fury" is making journalists "look bad."

As if......
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Yea. But somehow, praising him for what he has done, rather than what he has said, in some way means endorsing everything he says.
    Well what he has also done in addition to the things you are praising him for is lie a great deal, so much so that people are starting to praise him for the brilliant strategy of telling so many lies and spreading so much disinformation that it disorients those that would oppose him. Do the means matter at all? Do we not care about the character of our champion at all?

Blog Entries

I care much less about the character of the evil haters of the left
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Well now the WP is reporting that "fire and fury" is making journalists "look bad."

As if......
    "journalists" ... Is there such a thing anymore ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    "journalists" ... Is there such a thing anymore ?
    Not if any of them want to be gainfully employed

Thread Information