Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who are Gog and Magog?

Re: Who are Gog and Magog?

Gog and Magog are heavenly names for the titles of unified nations.

Basically likened to the U.N and a main head ruling it from all 4 corners of the earth.

Revelation calls it the beast and his armies while at the end of the 1,000 years refers to it as 2 parts of the 4 corners of the world which can mean Gog as one side of the world and Magog as the other.

Seems they are used to show unification of masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Well; I gave the reference of Isaiah 22:1-4, that says how people will be terrified and the military will flee in all directions. Then Isaiah 22:5-14 shows how the Jews will not look to their Maker or consider Him, instead they feast and get drunk, so the Lord says: Assuredly your wickedness will never be removed, you will die for your sins.

Please do not confuse the Gog from Magog attack with the Day of the Lord's wrath. They are separate events, easily proved when both are read and understood.

Ezekiel 39:8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

Revelation 16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Doing a phrase search for 'it is done' in the KJV, that phrase appears 4 times.

Ezekiel 39:8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

Luke 14:22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.

Revelation 16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Obviously there would be no connection with the Luke 14:22 with that of the other 3 passages. So let's look at the latter one in context.

Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
    6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
    Revelation 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

This seems to tell us that the great voice heard in Revelation 16:17 is this same one sitting on the throne per Revelation 21:5. Notice in Revelation 16:17 that the great voice is coming out of the temple of heaven.

Revelation 15:8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.

Apparently only God is in this temple until these last seven plagues are fulfilled, thus this great voice meaning God Himself. We then have 3 passages where God Himself is saying it is done. So based on that, the wrath of God has everything to do with the fulfilling of Ez 38 and 39, so I'm a bit puzzled as to why you are telling me to not confuse the Gog from Magog attack with the Day of the Lord's wrath.

The Lord uses His destruction of Gog and his vast army, to display His power and holiness to His people and to the nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord. Ezekiel 38:23, Ezekiel 39:7
    The great and terrible Day of the Lord's wrath, is a Day a few years before the G/M attack. Proved by how the people then living in all of the holy Land, an undefended country, recently restored from ruin and are all the faithful Christian peoples; the true Israelites of God. Ezekiel 39:29

Russia and Turkey.
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Sorry, Trivalee, but you are wrong that the Jews acknowledge God to be their helper and Protector.
    I have been to Israel and know many Jews. They are proud of their victories and do not even consider that God helped them. They say their best ally is the Arab command!
    Who are these soldiers in the IDF praying to? The Arabs?
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Who are these soldiers in the IDF praying to? The Arabs?
    It is a known fact that over 50% of Jews are atheists.
    Those soldiers are making a show, but like many people facing danger, they are just covering the bases!

A very interesting and informative book about how the Jewish people treat their religion is 'Why me', by Jacob Damkani. He says how the Torah is read in the synagogues and how no notice or cognizance is taken of the precepts or prophesies they hear. Basically they are blinded and deaf to the Word, just as Isaiah 6:9-10, Isaiah 56:10-11, Deuteronomy 32:28-29, Ezekiel 12:2, + prophesy they will be.

Please, Fenris, in no way do I mean this to be personal. I look forward to the great Day when we Christians will all join in the holy Land. Jeremiah 50:4-5

It is a known fact that over 50% of Jews are atheists.
    Really, I don't know anything of the sort. In the state of Israel, the biblical holidays are national holidays. Pretty amazing, right?

Those soldiers are making a show, but like many people facing danger, they are just covering the bases!
    And how do you know when someone is prejudiced? When they see someone doing the right thing, and claim they're doing it for the wrong reason.

A very interesting and informative book about how the Jewish people treat their religion is 'Why me', by Jacob Damkani. He says how the Torah is read in the synagogues and how no notice or cognizance is taken of the precepts or prophesies they hear. Basically they are blinded and deaf to the Word, just as Isaiah 6:9-10, Isaiah 56:10-11, Deuteronomy 32:28-29, Ezekiel 12:2, + prophesy they will be.
    Jews know what's in the bible, thank you very much.

Please, Fenris, in no way do I mean this to be personal. I look forward to the great Day when we Christians will all join in the holy Land. Jeremiah 50:4-5
    Of course it's not personal. You just look down on Jews generally.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Thread Information