Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

Blog Entries

Re: Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Yea, even if true and I don't believe it is, that bothers you a lot more than our previous president killing babies, politicing for redefinition of marriage, forcing nuns to provide abortion pills to employees, etc etc etc. AMAZING!
    I dont like left-wing liberals any more than you do. But we're not talking about abortion. We're not talking about choice of words either. Im talking about the CONTEMPT that underlies those words. Your president is a racist. Dont you have someone else who can speak for you on the world stage? Mr Pence perhaps?
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Blog Entries

Re: Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by paidforinfull
    I understand all you're saying, but good manners never hurt anyone.
    Hey Paid. I know you're being a peacemaker here. But "good manners" is secondary to the real issue. The American president is CONTEMPTUOUS of the people you are ministering to in Haiti.
    "Your name and renown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    It not about "rudeness." Its not even about "immigration policy." Its about CONTEMPT and racism.
    What he said wasn’t racist in the least. Not even close. Contempt? How about not dancing around reality?
    I think paidforinfull is correct though. Words matter greatly and the president should have known better than to say things in the way that he did.

I’m not “p.c” in the least when it comes to these kind of things but there is a line that shouldn’t be crossed and he definitely crossed it with his words.

I still agree with the policy changes he wants to make though and I 100% want to see that wall built.

Edit: Brother Mark also makes an excellent point. People having conniptions over this when the other side stands for outright evil and sinful things boggles the mind.
    Trump says stupid things, I agree, but he’s not an advocate for murder, sin and wickedness either. We’re far better off with him as our president than the alternative we were given - and honestly, I’m past the point of caring if other nations approve of who I voted for or not.

Fix the problems in your own countries and then you can worry about ours and start telling us how to vote.

Edit prt 2: Stupid phone autocorrect!
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW
    How about not dancing around reality?
    I understand the need for a firm immigration policy. But please don't trivialise Trumps character into "rudeness" and "inappropriate words." His outward shenanigans reveal an inward vileness. Reality, if you want to speak about reality, is that apologists here are trying to put lipstick on a pig.
    "Your name and renown

Blog Entries

I understand the need for a firm immigration policy. But please don't trivialise Trumps character into "rudeness" and "inappropriate words." His outward shenanigans reveal an inward vileness. Reality (if you want to speak about reality) is that apologists here are trying to put lipstick on a pig.
    No, the reality is that you’re just into bashing and hatred of the man. No matter what he said or didn’t - say- that wouldn’t change.

Why don’t you address the points I made in post #22? Maybe because it would detract from your “It was racist!” malarkey?
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

I understand the need for a firm immigration policy. But please don't trivialise Trumps character into "rudeness" and "inappropriate words." His outward shenanigans reveal an inward vileness. Reality, if you want to speak about reality, is that apologists here are trying to put lipstick on a pig.
    It doesn't mean we should say mean things just because he does.

Anyway, I've said all I've got to say on the subject. May God have mercy on us all!

B.
    Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (NASB)

I dont like left-wing liberals any more than you do. But we're not talking about abortion. We're not talking about choice of words either. Im talking about the CONTEMPT that underlies those words. Your president is a racist. Dont you have someone else who can speak for you on the world stage? Mr Pence perhaps?
    Would you prefer we have elected Mrs. Clinton?

Have you looked at what Trump has done in his companies concerning women and minorities? Or just choosing to believe he is racist because of how you interpret his words?

Edit: I am curious, did you ever say such a thing about Obama on this board? What he did was FAR worse than what Trump has done to date. And of course, Obama did look down on people who disagreed with him even calling us his enemies and accused us of clinging to gun and God out of bitterness. That man was an enemy of God in a big, big way!

I am not a fan of Trump's words and didn't back him in the primary. But seeing the onslaught against him, I am convinced the no other republican could have stood up to the media or the left the way Trump has. Perhaps even Pence would likely have been buried and shamed to move leftward. Don't know. But this I do know... there is a reason the ungodly left hates this man so much. Makes me wonder what the Lord was up to when He raised Trump up. I think the Lord raised up Obama as a wakeup call to believers in the USA to what our government could actually do to us if we continue to put our head in the sand.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

He's probably Cyrus. He's doing a LOT of good things along with saying all those vile things.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by paidforinfull View Post
    I understand all you're saying, but good manners never hurt anyone.

Prov. 18:21 "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit."
    Agreed. Thing is, if you want to be consistant, then call out those who leaked what was supposedly said... we still don't know if the report of what Trump was supposed to have said are accurate or not.
    NASU

Blog Entries

More importantly we don't know the context. Is this something the president of The United States should say regardless of context? Absolutely not for many reasons. Our diplomats and foreign ambassadors must be feeling like pulling their hair out right now for example.

Can we conclude that it's bigoted and racist without knowing the context? Absolutely not.

Are the people that leaked the comments and refuse to give the context contemptible? Absolutely.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

I am just curious. How does everybody know exactly what Trump seeing that there was nothing recorded?

Blog Entries

I don't know that he said it because I wasn't there but I don't doubt it. More than one person in that room revealed it and the fact that no one besides Trump himself has actually denied it gives us a pretty good indication that he said it.
    No, two guys coming out and saying they "Don't recall" isn't actually a denial. If he said something like that or not they should dang well either know it or resign due to very poor mental faculties.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    No, the reality is that you’re just into bashing and hatred of the man. No matter what he said or didn’t - say- that wouldn’t change.

Why don’t you address the points I made in post #22? Maybe because it would detract from your “It was racist!” malarkey?
    I think it was racist too, as a matter of fact this was my tipping point. I guess i'm just a hater too. You must be a lover, and you are into loving him and no matter what he says or doesn't say,that won't change. No? I don't actually think that, I give you the benefit of actually agreeing or disagreeing with Trump based on some prior thought and value system. I think that system is absolutely bankrupt, but I don't think that you simply love loving Trump. Please give us "haters" that much respect too.

Blog Entries

I already stated that it was an idiotic thing to say and even gave some small reasons why.

I've seen no one try and logically explain why they think it was racist. Care to give it a try? Why do you claim it was racist? How was it racist?
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I already stated that it was an idiotic thing to say and even gave some small reasons why.

I've seen no one try and logically explain why they think it was racist. Care to give it a try? Why do you claim it was racist? How was it racist?
    Grr, I lost my whole post, but it was the most beautiful, sensitive, nuanced and intellectually honest handling of racism this world may have ever seen. Okay maybe it wasn't that good, but I tried hard because this conversation has never ended in a satisfying way for me. Anyway the basic gist of it is that nothing in his statement definitively proves anything, and their are plenty of generic plausible arguments for all the non-racist takes on this. When taken together with other racial or race adjacent comments he's made, or avoided making, or made then retracted under pressure or flat out lied about ever having said, it is enough for me detect that there is a pattern that reflects a position that has some racist components. The sheer amount of times we have been asked to give him this benefit, and asked to accept some truly cynical and bizarre rationalizations...It strained and broke my credulity bone. So, I do believe that he called those countries what he did in part because he thinks less of the races that predominately live in those countries. If that is the context and the impetus behind the statement then it is actually racist, pretty uncontroversial IMO. The only thing that would keep us going around and around on this would be that unless he unequivocally states that he meant it that way then there is always room to conceive of alternatives. Obviously I have no interest in engaging in that pointless exercise. So that's it, I think he has shown himself to us and it took an accumulation of these things for me to be confident in what am looking at.

EDIT: hey if you feel like it , I would really like to know more detail about what you think was wrong with/about the statement.

Thread Information