Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

Re: Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

a more general question to all those who believe that this and other racial-ish comments and antics by trump and those related to his administration is a part of a clever strategy to enrage and distract the opposition: Do you think that this has any relationship to or similarities with race baiting?

Blog Entries

Re: Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

The most plausible reason to say that we don't know if it was a racist statement or not is the fact that we have no idea what the context was. Nothing, nada, zip.

But let's go with what you've said so far - What other comments has he made that were racist? What was the context? What were the things that reflect a position that has some racist components?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but you yourself said that this "was my tipping point" and now claim other racist statements and "components" as well so I'd really like to know. And by the way...Trump was one of the last guys I wanted to see elected as president until it came down to either him or Clinton.
    Just so you know, I am NOT a do or die Trump defender. In this case though I see a whole lot of people, not just you, claiming he's a racist and that this proves it. I don't see it - not even close.

But maybe I've missed something. Maybe he is and some things have happen that I don't know about so enlighten me please.

As far as what was wrong about the statement - if it was actually made - it basically comes down to diplomacy, character and leadership. A great leader would know not to use that kind of language in that kind of situation when surrounded by those kinds of people.
    These things have ripples that can adversely effect foreign affairs, trade deals, and our perception in other nations eyes. I've went past caring about what people in other countries think about me because I voted for Trump.
    But what people in other nations - especially their leaders think about Trump, and by extension our nation as a whole, can hurt us as far as what I mentioned above. Character does matter when it comes to the presidency. It matters a lot.
    God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,
    but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    The most plausible reason to say that we don't know if it was a racist statement or not is the fact that we have no idea what the context was. Nothing, nada, zip.

But let's go with what you've said so far - What other comments has he made that were racist? What was the context? What were the things that reflect a position that has some racist components?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but you yourself said that this "was my tipping point" and now claim other racist statements and "components" as well so I'd really like to know. And by the way...Trump was one of the last guys I wanted to see elected as president until it came down to either him or Clinton.
    Just so you know, I am NOT a do or die Trump defender. In this case though I see a whole lot of people, not just you, claiming he's a racist and that this proves it. I don't see it - not even close.

But maybe I've missed something. Maybe he is and some things have happen that I don't know about so enlighten me please.

As far as what was wrong about the statement - if it was actually made - it basically comes down to diplomacy, character and leadership. A great leader would know not to use that kind of language in that kind of situation when surrounded by those kinds of people.
    These things have ripples that can adversely effect foreign affairs, trade deals, and our perception in other nations eyes. I've went past caring about what people in other countries think about me because I voted for Trump.
    But what people in other nations - especially their leaders think about Trump, and by extension our nation as a whole, can hurt us as far as what I mentioned above. Character does matter when it comes to the presidency. It matters a lot.
    You probably haven't missed anything based on your stated enjoyment of watching the left freak out over his statements & positions, so it was many of the ones they freaked out over because of the racial content. It is the same things we've all read/heard. I'm under no illusions that we aren't looking at the same things and drawing different conclusions. You've seen this stuff and like me you probably understand that racism is a serious charge that is difficult to definitively prove if even the most cursory steps are taken to hide it. So like me you probably take it at its most plain uncontroversial reading when it seems reasonable(not trying to say this is all you do in your unique process). I can no longer stomach that, I don't think he deserves the benefit, he has not nourished this benefit with truth,or dignity, or moral clarity. 1000 cuts

Blog Entries

I wrote that I’ve been amused at the meltdowns over this situation. Not all of them just this one. They’ve went so far over the edge it’s almost become a parody.

If you’ve been watching CNN and MSNBC the last couple of days you’ve had to have seen it.
    but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

I wrote that I’ve been amused at the meltdowns over this situation. Not all of them just this one. They’ve went so far over the edge it’s almost become a parody.

If you’ve been watching CNN and MSNBC the last couple of days you’ve had to have seen it.
    oh okay, I thought you were more plugged into this stuff, my apologies. Okay so i'm pretty sure that is you google something like "list trumps racist statements" or "track record" or something you will be inundated with more than enough news outlets that have gleefully compiled such lists. So yeah check those out, and now that I know that there may actually be things you are unaware of i'd really like to know what you think after doing some research on it.

EDIT: I actually can't stomach cable news anymore (that stopped before these most recent statements), Its like even when I agree with what is being said it seems to all be lacking a sense of proportion and everything just feels like an advertisement for outrage. I do watch the PBS news hour and C-span, and read news (google news mostly), my fiancee and I seem to agree that we still feel informed but without the manufactured stress. I didn't say that to judge or compare or anything just wanted to share and share alike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW
    What other comments has he made that were racist? What was the context? What were the things that reflect a position that has some racist components?
    He was reported as preferring blond-haired, blue-eyed immigrants over Haitians. "Norwegians" was the word used, if the 'fake media' is to be believed.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Trump should have used different wording for the Christian believing President.

I don't believe it's a racist comment, myself. There are good and bad in every color. A person can be good and still called "white trash". I believe he's referring to the economic status of the country, myself.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:29

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. Rom 13:2

Fear not that which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him
    which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matt 10:28

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    oh okay, I thought you were more plugged into this stuff, my apologies.
    Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that I wasn’t “plugged in.” I do stay on top of things very well, however, I’m not foolish enough to ever dream I know everything.
    As far as the lists those sites compile? Well, they’re great big bovine blossoms that have a whole lot of stink but nothing else.

I’ll know you’ll probably hate this term but it’s fake news bro. No context, huge twisting of things out of context and some flat out lies as well.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that I wasn’t “plugged in.” I do stay on top of things very well, however, I’m not foolish enough to ever dream I know everything.
    As far as the lists those sites compile? Well, they’re great big bovine blossoms that have a whole lot of stink but nothing else.

I’ll know you’ll probably hate this term but it’s fake news bro. No context, huge twisting of things out of context and some flat out lies as well.
    I do agree some of that stuff is little better than rumor or has been flat out made up, but I cannot honestly say that I have found every one of the things that have cycled through the news to be without reasonable substantiation, especially if it came from his twitter or a statement by him or his administration, or as in this situation,has been all but confirmed by people in the meeting. yeah I guess if its all fake news to you,then that is the end of the explanation of my position.

Blog Entries

Once again, he’s said some dumb things, but racist? Come on man. The claims are unsubstantiated.

Here’s the wildest part about this: There’s enough real things to complain about that there no reason to make things up.
    So you should question everything they say when they’ve, as you just admitted, flat out made stuff up.
    Making stuff up isn’t journalism - it’s the kind of propaganda we’re used to seeing coming out of Russia and Iran.

Once again, he’s said some dumb things, but racist? Come on man. The claims are unsubstantiated.

Here’s the wildest part about this: There’s enough real things to complain about that there no reason to make things up.
    So you should question everything they say when they’ve, as you just admitted, flat out made stuff up.
    Making stuff up isn’t journalism - it’s the kind of propaganda we’re used to seeing coming out of Russia and Iran.
    what are the real things to complain about?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    He was reported as preferring blond-haired, blue-eyed immigrants over Haitians. "Norwegians" was the word used, if the 'fake media' is to be believed.
    You need to do more reading Bro. Here's a paragraph from the Washington Post about the story:

The president, according to a White House official, also suggested he would be open to more immigrants from Asian countries because he felt that they help the United States economically.
    All those blonde haired and blue eyed asians are attractive to the president.

Click here for the link

Perhaps an apology is in order.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

One thing Trump is trying to put a stop to is immigrants with low skills, low education, etc. being allowed to immigrate to the US over better educated, better skilled imigrates. Call it class snobbery, or doing what is best for the US. But racists is just plain wrong in this instance.

Its way past time that we have a president in the US that wants to put a stop to the immigrant flow that is changing this country way too fast. Since 1965 we have allowed 75 million immigrants into the USA. We changed our policy in 1965 and it had a tremendous impact. I don't think that number includes the 20 million immigrants that are here illegally. (I have not verified the numbers in this paragraph.)

In 2015, immigrants and their US born children number 84.3 million people. That's fully 27% of our overall population. That is WAY too much and way too fast. Before 1965, we allowed people to immigrate, then we halted till they assimilated. But with the government pushing globalism, and the hatred for Christianity and conservatives, the fastest and only real way to change the political structure, is through immigration.

Its way past time for the breaks to be put on immigration. And certainly way past time to put the brakes on immigrants coming to the USA that cannot support themselves and pay appropriate taxes. It is past time for the US to get choosy so that only those that are net givers come rather than net takers from the system. That is one reason Trump got elected and what, IMO, he was alluding to about immigrants from economically and governmentally troubled nations.

According to the 2016 Current Population Survey (CPS), immigrants and their U.S.-born children now number approximately 84.3 million people, or 27 percent of the overall U.S. population.

Linky
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    what are the real things to complain about?
    Might be a good thread to start in the Political section. I'll join in but be warned- I'll be posting a lot more good than bad that has come from having him as our president . Things like tax reform, correcting the horrendous deterioration of our military's equipment that happened under Obama, getting rid of a TON of job killing regulations, trade deals that have had great impact already, the appointment of judges that rule by the law and constitution instead of their ideology etc etc.

There really is a lot of good that the media refuses to cover bro. A lot. Unless you're "plugged in" as you put it - you don't know about any of it. You only know the bad because that's all they'll report and cover along with the unsubstantiated rumors and things that flat out make up.

Might be a good thread to start in the Political section. I'll join in but be warned- I'll be posting a lot more good than bad that has come from having him as our president . Things like tax reform, correcting the horrendous deterioration of our military's equipment that happened under Obama, getting rid of a TON of job killing regulations, trade deals that have had great impact already, the appointment of judges that rule by the law and constitution instead of their ideology etc etc.

There really is a lot of good that the media refuses to cover bro. A lot. Unless you're "plugged in" as you put it - you don't know about any of it. You only know the bad because that's all they'll report and cover along with the unsubstantiated rumors and things that flat out make up.
    Wish I could rep you again. If all he did was fix the problem we have with judges, that would be HUGE. One more appointment and we may see marriage corrected and abortion sent back to the states. Just one more. Two more and its practically a done deal. But he's done a lot more. The regulation roll back has been huge. The tax cuts are awesome too, though I will admit to being concerned about the deficit. We have to reign in spending but I don't see that happening with the way modern Americans think these days. Also, getting rid of the Obamacare mandate was big. That should have never passed constitutional muster... the idea that the federal government can force me to buy anything is obnoxious.

Can you imagine what would have happened if the senate would have had a few more conservatives in it?
    NASU

Thread Information