Page 1 of 13 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

President Trump lamented “s---hole countries” during immigration negotiations on Thursday with lawmakers in the Oval Office, Fox News has confirmed.
    “Why are we having all these people from s---hole countries come here?” the president said, in comments first reported by The Washington Post.
    The president was referring to people from Haiti, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras and African countries in the temporary protected status program, a source in the meeting told Fox News.

About a dozen people, both Republicans and Democrats, were in the room at the time, including South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham and Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...otiations.html

The liberal media will have a field day with this!

Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Re: Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

If the countries they come from are so great, why are they all trying to come here?
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Re: Trump laments immigration from 's---hole countries' in Oval Office negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    President Trump lamented “s---hole countries” during immigration negotiations on Thursday with lawmakers in the Oval Office, Fox News has confirmed.
    Trump has denied using that language but admitted to using "tough language". So, I guess it is time for the recording to be leaked. If no recording is leaked, then I would tend to believe Trump's denial. Let's see, today is Friday, so the release should come today I would think to consume the Sunday morning talk shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used. What was really tough was the outlandish proposal made - a big setback for DACA!
    Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings - unfortunately, no trust!
    Here is another denial, or in the least a "parsing" of what Trump said regarding the country of Haiti as opposed to Haitians.

Anyway, more bait for the recording that ought to be released to subvert Trump's denials.

He probably should have televised the meeting. Maybe we can come up with a C-Span 3 or something.
    Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

There are immigrants coming from countries that are terrible? I'm shocked! Next

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    There are immigrants coming from countries that are terrible? I'm shocked! Next
    That guy in your avatar seems in deep thought. I guess not about this topic though
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    That guy in your avatar seems in deep thought. I guess not about this topic though
    He (Sherlock) looks more annoyed at the world to me, but I was never good at reading expressions

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    He (Sherlock) looks more annoyed at the world to me, but I was never good at reading expressions
    He's in deep thought about how annoyed he is. Probably because the stupid, it is everywhere.

Isaiah 54

Great piece from NRO on the subject-

Of Trump, Holes, and Our Real Immigration Scandals
    By Jeremy Carl — January 12, 2018

Once again Donald Trump has inartfully stumbled on a truth—and our thoroughly corrupt media, race-baiting Democrats, and too many amnesty-loving GOP politicians couldn’t be angrier.

Of course, it would be best if the president didn’t denigrate other countries, even in a semi-private setting. And of course, his language was crude. And yes, of course, America gets a lot of wonderful immigrants from all around the globe, and we should always point that out.

But that doesn’t mean there aren’t profound geography-related differences in how successful our immigrants are. The UN Human Development Index, the most widely accepted metric for how not like a well — you know what — a given country is, ranks Norway (the country Trump mentioned he wanted more immigrants from), as No. 1 in the world. El Salvador ranked 117th. Haiti was 163rd, and every single one of the 25 countries ranked below it (with the exception of the garden spots of Afghanistan and Yemen) was in Africa. All other things being relatively equal, why shouldn’t we want immigrants from countries with healthy functioning societies that are doing well, people who have grown up enmeshed in strong institutions—rather than some of the world’s most impoverished and dysfunctional places?

The Center for Immigration Studies has exhaustively examined welfare use by immigrant area of origin. Central America and Mexico are at 73 percent, the Caribbean at 51 perrcent and Africa at 48 percent. Europe was far lower at 26 percent. East Asia was at 32 percent and South Asia the lowest of all groups at 17 percent. And such disparate outcomes for immigrants by nation-of-origin continue multi-generationally.

Of course, even within continents, America gets immigrants of widely varying skills and suitability. I’ve inveighed at length against our Somali immigration insanity but coming from the same continent, large numbers of Nigerians have thrived, largely due to the fact that unlike the Somalis, many of the Nigerians America has attracted are highly educated. But there’s no requirement for the president to parse these subtleties in every statement of entirely justified frustration at the amnesty-loving swamp.

A great deal of the justified anger of the immigration patriot community is that we are told again and again by the media and politicians that we’re not allowed to care that say, the average El Salvadoran immigrant may be three times more likely as the average Norwegian immigrant or four times more likely than the average Indian immigrant to be on welfare, supported by the U.S. taxpayer.

We’re outraged like Donald Trump was when he saw the truly offensive deal conjured up by Senators Graham, Flake and Gardner in conjunction with Democratic leaders that would give mass amnesty (far beyond DACA) in exchange for a pitiful charade of border security. He’s outraged that these senators would betray GOP voters and interests when, even in his weaker moments, he’s always declared (as he tweeted last night) that building a wall, moving to merit-based immigration, and ending the visa lottery and chain migration are mandatory components for the amnesty deal for DACA. The scandal here isn’t Trump’s predictably profane tongue—it’s that Senators Graham, Flake and Gardner would dare to show him this s***hole of an amnesty deal, in blatant defiance of the core issue positions that led the GOP to 100 year-high legislative majorities, and expect him to bless it.

Lindsey, Jeff, and Cory—you’re fired.

Furthermore, it’s a scandal that the GOP has yet to launch entirely justified impeachment proceedings against the San Francisco activist judge whose outrageous and blatantly illegal ruling is currently stopping the president from ending the DACA amnesty. Conservatives can complain with justification all they want, but if our elected officials are too weak to do anything about it, our complaints don’t matter. Are conservatives supposed to smile sweetly while America’s sovereignty is sacrificed on the whims of a single judge in San Francisco? While it’s certainly true that the president can break the law, so can judges, and despite one outrageous ruling after another from liberal judges, their attempts to stop the president from using his rightful Constitutional authority on immigration, there has been absolutely no move to rein them in either through impeachment or by using Congress’s Article III Constitutional powers to strip the courts of jurisdiction in these areas.

Finally, it’s a scandal that the Democrats are so dead-set on bringing in millions more government-dependent voters through amnesty that they’ve completely abandoned even the pretense of caring about border security and rule of law that they used to feign even a decade ago. And it’s a scandal that they suggest that it’s racist to notice, as the president does and his pseudo-sophisticated media critics do not, that on average, immigrants from different parts of the world have dramatically different success rates in America.

In his usual blunt way, Trump cut to the core of the debate. As he’s said time and time again, the correct gauge of our immigration policy is what is best for American citizens—we’re running the greatest nation in the world, not the greenroom for Oprah’s next sob-story special. That means if the Democrats actually really care about their beloved (and fraud-ridden) DACA amnesty they can get a deal done in exchange for a wall, a merit-based immigration system, and ending chain and lottery migration. Those are the promises the president was elected on — and GOP voters should accept nothing less.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan
    If you said that, your post would be edited by a moderator or the thread locked. But the Donald said it, so its OK.

Then the Donald said he didnt say it (and the deaf believed him)

So, who did say it? Mustavbeen the fake media.

He's good, he really is a good leader you say? Sad
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    If you said that, your post would be edited by a moderator or the thread locked. But the Donald said it, so its OK.

Then the Donald said he didnt say it (and the blind believed him)

He's good, he really is! (hands over eyes / fingers in ears)

ps. The United States is not a s---hole country. What would you say if my Prime Minister said it was?
    I thought it was a very good question and I think it ought to be answered. Care to give it a shot?

As for the blind, you don't like him do you? Seems you're blinded by that to all the good he has done. As Gomer Pile would say, Surprise, surprise.

Blog Entries

What's wrong with citizens fixing their own countries?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post

Then the Donald said he didnt say it (and the deaf believed him)

He's good, he really is a good leader you say? Sad
    We're fortunate Hillary didn't win or she would have completed Obama's dream and America would now be one of those unmentionable countries
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

I don't doubt he said it no matter if he denies it now.

But I don't think it was a racist comment nor do I think he's wrong in the -policies- he's trying to change and end. This is Trump in a nutshell, he's got some great ideas...and he says some really stupid things and he lies... a lot.

Meh. Results matter and so far we've seen some good results.

Edit: I have to admit that I'm having a blast seeing CNN and MSNBC having meltdowns over this. Some of the most amusing stuff I've seen in a long time.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

What Trump says may not tell you much about who he is, but it has educated me about some of my fellow citizens...honestly it has even taught me things about myself.

Thread Information