Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57

Thread: Times and seasons

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    857

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Completely agree that the Great Tribulation is Satan's wrath.
    This is clearly stated by Jesus in Matt 24:21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be.

    The Great Tribulation starts against the people of Jerusalem, and expands to the whole world. This is NOT done by God, but by the beast acting for Satan.

    However what mustn't be missed is that those who act on the beast's behalf are in turn to suffer under the wrath of God.
    So it is fair to say that though the GT is connected with what Satan does it is at that time when BOTH Satan's wrath AND God's wrath is poured out.
    Satan because his time is short, and God in judgement.
    When you say this:
    The Great Tribulation starts against the people of Jerusalem, and expands to the whole world
    I completely agree.
    But when you say this:
    This is NOT done by God, but by the beast acting for Satan.
    I completely disagree, because:
    I have shown that the 4 seals are the same as the 4 sore judgments upon Jerusalem

    *[[Eze 14:21]] KJV* For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

    As outlined in more detail in Eze. 5, are upon Jerusalem and are the worst of times brought about by God himself,

    And because Satan is not cast out until the 6th seal (after the first 5 seals)

    *[[Mat 24:29]] KJV* Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

    And Satan's wrath comes after he has been cast out of heaven:

    *[[Rev 12:12]] KJV* Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

    The seals, all of them, are the great tribulation. You have the cart coming before the horse.
    Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    17,624

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post

    However what mustn't be missed is that those who act on the beast's behalf are in turn to suffer under the wrath of God.
    So it is fair to say that though the GT is connected with what Satan does it is at that time when BOTH Satan's wrath AND God's wrath is poured out.
    Satan because his time is short, and God in judgement.
    We're close here, I think, but not entirely on the same page. The wrath of God IMO fits the following time period.

    Matthew 24:29*Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:


    It is not yet the 2nd coming at this point, and that there seems to be a period of time after the great trib, but prior to the 2nd coming. Luke 21 seems to go into a little more detail.

    Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
    26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.


    Compared with....

    Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
    13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
    14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
    15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
    16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
    17*For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?


    This indicates that once the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood, the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

    We know Revelation 6:12-17 is meaning after the 42 month reign of the beast because the text above has men hiding in the rocks of the mountains in fear of their lives. During the 42 month reign of the beast the world wonders after the beast, worships the beast, thus obviously not hiding in the rocks of the mountains at that time in fear of their lives because of the wrath of the Lamb.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    17,624

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    You will be hard pressed to find where it says the satans wrath is the great tribulation, or that it is worse than God's wrath, or that God's WRATH is not the great tribulation. Denial not accepted.

    Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB

    Let me make a minor correction of thought. I capitalized WRATH , where it would be more correct to use the word FURY. God's wrath comes afterwards. Notice that the words tied to the 6th seal are: the day of his wrath has come. The children of Israel will recognize the coming day of the Lord by his fury being poured out.

    [Searching for that scripture]
    *[[Eze 5:13]] KJV* Thus shall mine anger be accomplished, and I will cause my fury to rest upon them, and I will be comforted: and they shall know that I the LORD have spoken it in my zeal, when I have accomplished my fury in them.
    Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
    Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

    And when do we learn what this part is meaning....and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ? How about from the passage below?

    Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
    6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
    7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

    And does not Revelation 12:12 indicate...for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath?

    What more proof does one need than this? The text doesn't say the devil is come down unto you, having no wrath. It not only says wrath, the text says great wrath. How can this short time that he knows he has possibly not include the 42 month reign of the beast? And if it does, which it obviously has to, this will involve great wrath on satan's part. So how could it possibly be wrong to say that the great trib is the wrath of satan, the fact the world wonders after the beast at the time, while the beast at the time makes war against the saints and overcomes them? Seriously, how can that possibly be God's wrath instead?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    857

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
    Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

    And when do we learn what this part is meaning....and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ? How about from the passage below?

    Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
    6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
    7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

    And does not Revelation 12:12 indicate...for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath?

    What more proof does one need than this? The text doesn't say the devil is come down unto you, having no wrath. It not only says wrath, the text says great wrath. How can this short time that he knows he has possibly not include the 42 month reign of the beast? And if it does, which it obviously has to, this will involve great wrath on satan's part. So how could it possibly be wrong to say that the great trib is the wrath of satan, the fact the world wonders after the beast at the time, while the beast at the time makes war against the saints and overcomes them? Seriously, how can that possibly be God's wrath instead?
    Where did i say that Satan does not express his wrath once he is cast out of heaven. I posted the scripture pointing out that is exactly what he does. You are claiming that Satan's wrath IS the greasy tribulation, the worst that the world will see. Perhaps your claiming that God's wrath is the great tribulation. I mistaken used the word wrath in a earlier quote, but i went back and made note that the correction should say God's fury (upon Jerusalem) is what constitutes the great tribulation and the words of Jesus in the Olivet Discourse shows that to be true.
    He says:

    *[[Mat 24:21]] KJV* For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

    Afterwards, he says:

    *[[Mat 24:29]] KJV* Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

    Marks gospel is even clearer:

    *[[Mar 13:24]] KJV* But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, 25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

    Both accounts agree that the great tribulation comes first and that the powers of the heavens comes afterwards. Mark's clarity is that Satan's fall, which results in his wrath revealed, is PART OF those days. And so what are those days? God's fury being poured out on Jerusalem. Does that include Satan's wrath. We would probably disagree there but that which is in part, Satan's wrath, is not greater than the whole of God's fury upon Jerusalem. God's wrath comes later. I will address the timing next.

    We know Revelation 6:12-17 is meaning after the 42 month reign of the beast because the text above has men hiding in the rocks of the mountains in fear of their lives. During the 42 month reign of the beast the world wonders after the beast, worships the beast, thus obviously not hiding in the rocks of the mountains at that time in fear of their lives because of the wrath of the Lamb.
    The opening of the 6th seal is not the wrath of God. I have already said that the seals are the expression of God's fury at Jerusalem.

    *[[Rev 6:17]] KJV* For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

    It is because of the 6th seal being opened that thee world, especially the remnant of Israel, knows that the day of the Lord's wrath has come, for they say, "who shall be able to stand".

    Going in to the rocks and clefts means this will then take place:

    *[[Jer 16:16]] KJV* Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.

    The shaking of the heavens and earth takes you to these scriptures:

    *[[Joe 2:11]] KJV* And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

    *[[Joe 3:16]] KJV* The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

    *[[Amo 1:2]] KJV* And he said, The LORD will roar from Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the habitations of the shepherds shall mourn, and the top of Carmel shall wither.

    WHICH will finally take you to this :

    *[[Jer 25:29]] KJV* For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

    *[[Jer 25:30]] KJV* Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

    Notice what it said there in verse 29:
    WHEN I (THE LORD) BEGIN TO BRING EVIL ON THE CITY CALLED BY MY NAME. JERUSALEM.

    This is but the beginning of THE LORD'S judgment upon Jerusalem. Not the end.
    Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,092
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    We know Revelation 6:12-17 is meaning after the 42 month reign of the beast because the text above has men hiding in the rocks of the mountains in fear of their lives. During the 42 month reign of the beast the world wonders after the beast, worships the beast, thus obviously not hiding in the rocks of the mountains at that time in fear of their lives because of the wrath of the Lamb.
    The 42 months would be seal 4 (day 1-1260) seal 5 thru 6th seal would be the little season till the 1335day

    Thus the 6th seal cannot be 42 months

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,092
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Times and seasons

    Does everyone not see that the GT is 45 days or less and ending with the second coming......

    Dan 12
    11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

    So at the 1290th day the AOD occurs.


    1290th day in Matt 24.

    15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

    Thus the events following verses 16-29 would be from day 1290 to 1335. Which include a great tribulation never seen. This would also be seal 5 and 6.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    857

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Does everyone not see that the GT is 45 days or less and ending with the second coming......

    Dan 12
    11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

    So at the 1290th day the AOD occurs.


    1290th day in Matt 24.

    15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

    Thus the events following verses 16-29 would be from day 1290 to 1335. Which include a great tribulation never seen. This would also be seal 5 and 6.
    We are very close in our thinking here. Day 1290 ouds the day that the 6th seal is opened. Day 1335 is when the 7th trumpet is sounded. Each trumpet is sounded on a Sabbath. Remember the words of Jesus when he said "pray ye that your flight be not on the Sabbath." The feast of weeks is a feast of 7 Sabbaths.
    Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    8,166

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    There are 2 scriptures that speak of the times and seasons. One by Jesus, one by Paul. What does it mean, times and seasons?

    *[[Act 1:7]] KJV* And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

    *[[1Th 5:1]] KJV* But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
    *[[1Th 5:2]] KJV* For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

    So when Jesus said what he did, i see three parts to his response.
    It is not for YOU to know...OR
    IT is not for you to know the TIMES &SEASONS...OR
    it is not for you to know the times and seasons which THE FATHER HAS PUT IN HIS OWN POWER.

    It seems odd to me that because he is speaking to "YOU", his disciples that he would want his disciples to know. Maybe the emphasis should be on what the Times & Seasons refers to... The kingdom of God. I think that his whole response is about the reestablished kingdom to Israel.

    If it was not for them to know about the "kingdom reestablished", why did he give them the Olivet discourse? Is the day of the Lord to come upon his disciples unawares, like a thief?

    Is it because only the Father knows when? After all Jesus said that only the Father "knows the day and hour". What hour? The 2nd advent? Again, what would the purpose of the olivet discourse be, if it is not telling them how to know when he was going to return (not the rapture)?

    It seems to me that the best answer is that the "signs" given in the O.D. are not relevant to them, their generation. This seems to be saying that applying the Olivet Discourse to the events of 70 AD would be inappropriate.

    What do you think?

    Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB
    Excellent question! I think God is telling us all to be less concerned about the chronological development of prophetic history, and more concerned about what God is pleased with us to do right now. Speculating about the future is a luxury, an extravagance. Focusing on the present is man's duty. I'm not, of course, saying we shouldn't or can't speculate about the future. There is certainly real value in it. I'm just saying that in our time spent thinking about the future we shouldn't neglect the present.

    In discussing this Jesus was addressing the restoration of Israel, and Paul was addressing simply the Christian's duty to stay focused on the present. As for the Olivet Discourse, that address was never meant to be a list of signs by which we can speculate about when things were going to happen and when we could expect them to happen.

    It is quite the opposite. In his Olivet Discourse Jesus was basically saying that the time of his coming was irrelevant. The fact that he was coming was all-important, and should keep us ready all the time--not ready expecting his coming on any day, but rather, ready in the sense of being spiritually equipped and morally ready.

    We we are not to live as if trying to anticipate God's next move in history. Certainly to some degree it's wise to forecast things like the weather, the stock market, inflation, and even war drums beating in the country next door. But Christians generally are to *always* walk in the Spirit, and thus focus on what God's will is for us right now. Spirituality is about right now--not about getting our life right with God at some future date.

    So let me just add this, about how we are to face life and how we are to be expectant with respect to Christ's coming. Clearly we were given signs to govern our lives right now, to be wary of deceptions, to walk in the Spirit, to engage in our ministry, to live righteous lives, etc. But how are we to actually anticipate Christ's coming prophetically? How relevant is it? I'd just like to give out an example of how I see it.

    If my commander gives me a mandate, to carry out a certain mission while he is gone, how am I to be ready for his return? Is it by expecting he could return at any moment, making sure I'm actively engaged in his mission? Or is it by *completing the mission* before he returns? Obviously, it is the latter.

    In the same way Christ left his disciples and commissioned them as apostles to bear testimony to the 12 tribes of Israel, the Jewish People. He told his disciples they should be ready at all times, because they don't know precisely when he would return. But did he expect them to always be prepared by *completing the mission?* Or did he simply expect them to always be operating as if he could return at any time? Again, I think it is the former.

    I think this way because Jesus said he was commissioning his apostles to carry out a mission--not just be prepared for his return at any time. He in fact said the gospel mission must be completed before his return. Therefore, they are always ready because they are actively engaged in the ministry, and also because they are working on completing the mission.

    It is really irrelevant when Jesus will come back. It is just encumbent upon us to act as if he could come at any time, not because he could come at any time, but only because we don't know how much of the mission we will actually be able to accomplish before we die.

    On the other hand, we should not expect his actual coming until after the completion of the mission. So our job is not in expecting his return at any time. Rather, it has to do with the pursuit of completing the mission, which necessarily precedes his return. Otherwise, we will not even see the completion of the mission as our primary mandate, but rather, simply remaining constantly prepared for his return.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,227
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I completely disagree, because:
    I have shown that the 4 seals are the same as the 4 sore judgments upon Jerusalem

    *[[Eze 14:21]] KJV* For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?
    As outlined in more detail in Eze. 5, are upon Jerusalem and are the worst of times brought about by God himself,
    And because Satan is not cast out until the 6th seal (after the first 5 seals)
    *[[Mat 24:29]] KJV* Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
    And Satan's wrath comes after he has been cast out of heaven:
    *[[Rev 12:12]] KJV* Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
    The seals, all of them, are the great tribulation. You have the cart coming before the horse.
    Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB
    Nope Ezekiel is NOT prophesying against Jerusalem alone. 14:13 says IF a country...

    I agree that Satan is not cast out before the 6th seal. He isn't cast down until the 7th trumpet.
    Which is in line with Rev 12, the THIRD woe. Notice we are told "Woe to the inhabitants of the earth..." This is the THIRD woe.

  10. #25

    Re: Times and seasons

    I see Rev12 Satan & his angels cast unto the earth as the FIRST Woe unto the earth (not the THIRD [Rev8:13]), the first time "Woe" hits the earth [in such a way], thus at the 5th Trumpet events [mid-trib], not the "third" wave of it, so not the 7th Trumpet events. Just sayin

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,227
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    I see Rev12 Satan cast unto the earth as the FIRST Woe unto the earth (not the THIRD [Rev8:13]), the first time "Woe" hits the earth [in such a way], thus at the 5th Trumpet events [mid-trib], not the "third" wave of it, so not the 7th Trumpet events. Just sayin
    The first two woes are stated as completed. Rev 12 is NOT stated in connection with what is declared with the 5th or 6th trumpet.
    In fact the declaration in Rev 12 matches that of Rev 11:15 onwards.

    However many have the idea that the 7th trumpet is the moment when Jesus returns. It isn't. It is the moment when Heaven is cleared of Satan and his angels.
    It is the blast which then means "he who is removed" has been removed from heaven and has already comes to empower the man of sin to go and kill the two witnesses.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    17,624

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post

    Thus the 6th seal cannot be 42 months
    Exactly. It is meaning after the 42 months like I indicated. This 6th seal is apparently why some are concluding the wrath of God begins with the trumpets. But as of the 6th seal, the timing is that of the vials of wrath and the 2nd coming. The vials of wrath, as far as I can tell, seem to follow after the 7th trumpet has sounded.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    17,624

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Does everyone not see that the GT is 45 days or less and ending with the second coming......

    Dan 12
    11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

    So at the 1290th day the AOD occurs.


    1290th day in Matt 24.

    15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

    Thus the events following verses 16-29 would be from day 1290 to 1335. Which include a great tribulation never seen. This would also be seal 5 and 6.
    The GT being 45 days or less, that's ludicrous, the fact we know it is at least 42 months. Stick with the text, you're usually better off that way.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    857

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Nope Ezekiel is NOT prophesying against Jerusalem alone. 14:13 says IF a country...

    I agree that Satan is not cast out before the 6th seal. He isn't cast down until the 7th trumpet.
    Which is in line with Rev 12, the THIRD woe. Notice we are told "Woe to the inhabitants of the earth..." This is the THIRD woe.
    Sorry, but "the land" is mentioned with each of these 4 judgments and he clarifies who is of that land:

    *[[Eze 14:13]] KJV* Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it: ...

    *[[Eze 14:15]] KJV* If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts: ...

    *[[Eze 14:17]] KJV* Or if I bring a sword upon that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it: ...

    *[[Eze 14:19]] KJV* Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast:

    *[[Eze 14:21]] KJV* For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

    A total misapplication of scripture. It is the Lord who does this to Jerusalem.

    *[[Eze 14:23]] KJV* And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord GOD.

    Yes, the whole world feels the effects, but its beginning is solely Jerusalem.

    *[[Jer 25:29]] KJV* For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.
    *[[Jer 25:30]] KJV* Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.
    *[[Jer 25:31]] KJV* A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.

    Consistency of scripture declares that Satan is vast out of heaven at the 6th seal. Use of the words "stars of heaven" refers to angels.

    *[[Rev 6:13]] KJV* And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

    For example,

    *[[Rev 12:4]] KJV* And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born....
    *[[Rev 12:9]] KJV* And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

    *[[Rev 9:1]] KJV* And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit....
    *[[Rev 20:1]] KJV* And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

    It's not even a subjective decision. The stars of heaven are the angels of heaven.

    Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,227
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Times and seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Sorry, but "the land" is mentioned with each of these 4 judgments and he clarifies who is of that land:

    *[[Eze 14:13]] KJV* Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it: ...

    *[[Eze 14:15]] KJV* If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts: ...

    *[[Eze 14:17]] KJV* Or if I bring a sword upon that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it: ...

    *[[Eze 14:19]] KJV* Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast:

    *[[Eze 14:21]] KJV* For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

    A total misapplication of scripture. It is the Lord who does this to Jerusalem.

    *[[Eze 14:23]] KJV* And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord GOD.

    Yes, the whole world feels the effects, but its beginning is solely Jerusalem.

    *[[Jer 25:29]] KJV* For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.
    *[[Jer 25:30]] KJV* Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.
    *[[Jer 25:31]] KJV* A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.

    Consistency of scripture declares that Satan is vast out of heaven at the 6th seal. Use of the words "stars of heaven" refers to angels.

    *[[Rev 6:13]] KJV* And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

    For example,

    *[[Rev 12:4]] KJV* And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born....
    *[[Rev 12:9]] KJV* And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

    *[[Rev 9:1]] KJV* And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit....
    *[[Rev 20:1]] KJV* And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

    It's not even a subjective decision. The stars of heaven are the angels of heaven.

    Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB
    I get your thoughts, however the first seal is NONE of the things in Ezekiel. The second and fourth you could connect.
    Satan is NOT cast out of heaven at the 6th seal.
    You could as easily attribute it to the fourth trumpet - this states a third of the stars were struck, which matches the third part in Rev 12:4
    The point is that just because similar language is used it doesn't make it the same thing. Or are you claiming the 6th seal and the 4th trumpet and the 7th trumpet are about the same thing?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Seasons, Times, and Leaves
    By walkin2e in forum Poetry
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 26th 2009, 04:17 PM
  2. But of the times and the seasons
    By Partaker of Christ in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 15th 2009, 04:03 PM
  3. Seasons Greetings :)
    By angelwind in forum Christian Fellowship
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 25th 2008, 11:09 PM
  4. Please Help Four Seasons
    By BCF in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Aug 24th 2008, 01:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •