Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: The Forbidden Fruit

  1. #1

    Post The Forbidden Fruit

    -
    Gen 2:16-17 . . The Lord God commanded the man, saying: Of every tree of the garden you are free to eat; but as for the tree of knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat of it; for in the day you eat of it, you shall die.

    Gen 3:4 . . And the serpent said to the woman: You are not going to die,

    Here we have the beginnings of what's known as a half-truth; which Webster's defines as a statement that is only partly true and that is intended to deceive people. In other words: half-truths contain a kernel of truth but not the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

    The Serpent somehow knew that the forbidden fruit itself wasn't lethal, i.e. Eve wouldn't die from eating it like hemlock or a Night Cap mushroom. He was 100% right about that. Her death, though related to eating the fruit, would come upon her from a very different direction; one that Eve apparently never suspected; though it was right under her nose the whole time.

    /

  2. #2

    Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    You do bring up a good point. I can understand where you're coming from. Iíll definitely meditate a little on this and do some research of my own.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,809
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sa:ji:sdo:de View Post
    -
    Gen 2:16-17 . . The Lord God commanded the man, saying: Of every tree of the garden you are free to eat; but as for the tree of knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat of it; for in the day you eat of it, you shall die.

    Gen 3:4 . . And the serpent said to the woman: You are not going to die,

    Here we have the beginnings of what's known as a half-truth; which Webster's defines as a statement that is only partly true and that is intended to deceive people. In other words: half-truths contain a kernel of truth but not the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

    The Serpent somehow knew that the forbidden fruit itself wasn't lethal, i.e. Eve wouldn't die from eating it like hemlock or a Night Cap mushroom. He was 100% right about that. Her death, though related to eating the fruit, would come upon her from a very different direction; one that Eve apparently never suspected; though it was right under her nose the whole time.

    /
    I agree that the serpent knew that Eve would not die a physical death at that moment when she ate it. The Question I believe is most important is if "he" (the Serpent) knew it would kill her spiritually and deceived her intentionally. I believe he did know this because of what Jesus said:

    John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

    So then John 8:44 could actually apply to the Serpent in a couple of ways:

    1) He is the father of Lies because he told the first one, "You are not going to die". The truth was that she indeed was now going to die both physically (eventually) and spiritually (Immediately).
    2) According to Jesus, the Serpent was a murderer in the beginning IF he hated Eve, as God's creation, (and certainly because she eventually died...):

    1 John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

    So then I see the Devil, taking the form of a Serpent because he hated God's creation, and wanted to mess it up. Knowing that she would die spiritually, he lied to her and she SINNED.

  4. #4

    Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. (Gen 3:4-5)

    Manís belief in Satanís lie brought death into the world: In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (Gen 3:19)

    Satanís goal is to be thought of as manís benefactor and to be worshiped as God.

    Jesus made very clear the fact that there is no truth in Satan: "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning [because death came through him], and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." (John 8:44)

    For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. (Ro 1:18-21)

    A person might think: well, maybe it isnít so serious if some believe in a half-truth. There is truth or there is a lie. Was not this lie responsible for manís downfall? This lie makes men think that they are as gods, immortal! It negates the necessity of Christís supreme sacrifice. It causes man to forget his trust in God; for no resurrection is needed. It represents more than just ďa little leavenĒ.

    Life comes only through belief in the Word of God Ė our only source of truth and knowledge. Belief in Satanís lie denies the power and gift of God." In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began" Titus 1:2

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    8,889

    Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sa:ji:sdo:de View Post
    -
    Gen 2:16-17 . . The Lord God commanded the man, saying: Of every tree of the garden you are free to eat; but as for the tree of knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat of it; for in the day you eat of it, you shall die.

    Gen 3:4 . . And the serpent said to the woman: You are not going to die,

    Here we have the beginnings of what's known as a half-truth; which Webster's defines as a statement that is only partly true and that is intended to deceive people. In other words: half-truths contain a kernel of truth but not the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

    The Serpent somehow knew that the forbidden fruit itself wasn't lethal, i.e. Eve wouldn't die from eating it like hemlock or a Night Cap mushroom. He was 100% right about that. Her death, though related to eating the fruit, would come upon her from a very different direction; one that Eve apparently never suspected; though it was right under her nose the whole time.

    /
    Yes, it wasn't the fruit that was destructive. It was rather the fact that this particular fruit was forbidden. It is a matter of carrying out God's word that is essential, whether it involves fruit, vegetables, or meat. We need to do *what God says.*

    And yes, it is an illusion that food contaminates one, when it doesn't. It is a distraction away from, or a rationalization of, what God is really asking of us, which is to *obey Him,* to obey His specific instructions, whether it involves trees, work, or anything.

    It was lethal for Man to disobey God in the Garden because it separated the will of Man from the word of God. Man became an Autonomous Being at that moment. I'm not talking about having free will--Man always had that.

    But Man became autonomous in the sense that he began to exercise his free will independent of cooperation with God. Man became spiritually separated from God. And this leads, ultimately, to physical death.

    The history of the world is now a story of what it is like for men to live without consulting God in their choices. The result we see are wars between men with their own independent wills. We see wars, rivalry, covetousness, greed, and the many sins that go along with wanting something by our own independent will, without regard for what God wants, without regard for what others may want.

    It's a very sad history. Fortunately, Christianity has restored the ability of Man, though fallen, to live in partnership with God. We can now consult with God on a regular basis, and live in partnership with Him. We still have our free will. We simply need to run things by Him. And we need to submit to a wholesale spiritual change that allows us to live in this kind of spiritual partnership.

  6. #6

    Post Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    -
    Gen 2:16-17 . . as for the tree of knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat of it; for in the day you eat of it, you shall die.

    The first thing to point out is that in order for the threat to resonate in Adam's thinking; it had to be related to death as Adam understood death in his own day rather than death as modern Sunday school classes understand it in their day. In other words: Adam's concept of death was natural rather spiritual.

    As far as can be known from the Bible, the tree of life was located only in the garden and nowhere else on Earth; plus the Hebrew word for "garden" indicates that Adam's food source was fenced; i.e. walled, no doubt to protect it from foraging critters.

    Both those points suggest very strongly to me that only human life was meant to continue indefinitely; i.e. humanity is the only species that God created with the potential for immortality; as a result, death and putrefaction were common sights in Adam's world by means of dying plants, birds, bugs, and beasts so that "death" wasn't a strange new word in his vocabulary.

    Gen 3:6d . . she took of its fruit and ate.

    You can just see Eve's eyes brighten from the sugar rush as she realized the Serpent was right after all-- she didn't drop dead. So the woman brought it home and convinced her man to try it too.

    Gen 3:6e . . She also gave some to her husband, and he ate.

    Eve didn't drop dead the instant she tasted the fruit, and neither did Adam. In point of fact, he continued to live outside the garden of Eden for another 800 years after the birth of his son Seth. (Gen 5:4)

    So; is there a reasonable explanation for this apparent discrepancy?

    The trick is: Adam wasn't told he would die the instant he tasted the fruit. God's exact words were "in the day"

    According to Gen 2:4, the Hebrew word for "day" is a bit ambiguous. It can easily indicate a period of time much, much longer than 24 hours; viz: the day of Adam's death began the moment he ate the fruit; and to ensure that his demise was inevitible, God blocked access to the tree of life; i.e. God didn't have to smite Adam so he'd die; no, all God had to do was deny Adam certain essential nutrients found only in the tree of life and let nature take its course.

    /

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,440

    Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Faith View Post
    I agree that the serpent knew that Eve would not die a physical death at that moment when she ate it. The Question I believe is most important is if "he" (the Serpent) knew it would kill her spiritually and deceived her intentionally. I believe he did know this because of what Jesus said:

    John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
    Kill her spiritually? What does that mean?

    Also, John 8 says nothing of what Satan knew. There's no way to know. I can't say he lied and said she would not die physically. I don't know what he knew. However that's much more likely since that is what happened, is the death in the text, and John 8.....

    Joh 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
    Joh 8:22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
    Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
    Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
    Joh 8:25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.
    Joh 8:26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
    Joh 8:27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
    Joh 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
    Joh 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
    Joh 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.
    Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
    Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
    Joh 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
    Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
    Joh 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
    Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
    Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
    Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
    Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
    Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
    Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
    Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
    Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
    Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
    Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
    Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
    Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
    Joh 8:48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
    Joh 8:49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
    Joh 8:50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.
    Joh 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
    Joh 8:52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
    Joh 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
    Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
    Joh 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
    Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
    Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
    Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
    Joh 8:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.


    No spiritual death here (Whatever that means). This cannot be associated with a supposed spiritual death in the garden.

  8. #8

    Post Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    -
    Gen 2:25 . .The two of them were naked, the man and his wife, yet they felt no shame.

    Webster's defines shame as: 1) guilt, or disgrace, 2) a feeling of inferiority or inadequacy, and 3) inhibition.

    In other words, there was absolutely nothing in early Man's psyche restraining him from parading around in full frontal exposure; and actually, neither was there anything in his psyche encouraging him to. They weren't exhibitionists by any stretch of the imagination because in their innocence, Adam and his wife simply were neither proud of, nor humiliated by, their appearance in the buff.

    Adam and his wife felt neither naughty nor perverted by frontal exposure at first, nor were they self conscious in the slightest respect because as yet they knew no cultural boundaries, nor were they infected yet with a guilt complex about sex and the human body; and concepts like vanity and narcissism had no point of reference in their thinking whatsoever. They had absolutely no natural sense of propriety, nor were they even aware of any because their creator hadn't taught them any proprieties yet at this point.

    That was an interesting time in early human development. They had neither intuition nor conscience as yet to moderate their dress code. Some expositors label this era in the human experience as the age of innocence; which implies not just an ignorance of morality; but primarily a lack of self consciousness-- which Webster's defines as uncomfortably aware of one's self as an object of the observation of others. Had somebody criticized the first couple's appearance, they would no doubt have stared at their critic like a man taken leave of his senses.

    /

  9. #9

    Post Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    -
    Gen 3:6-7 . . She took of its fruit and ate. She also gave some to her husband, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened.

    According to 1Tim 2:14, Eve was in violation of Gen 2:16-17 when she tasted the fruit. But curiously, her eyes weren't opened right away. In other words: up till Adam tasted the fruit, its effects upon Eve's health were nil; and in point of fact, there's really no good reason to believe that Adam's eyes were opened the very instant he tasted the fruit; it's effect upon him may have been delayed too.

    Gen 3:7b . . and they perceived that they were naked;

    Shazaam! Their newly acquired knowledge of good and bad kicked in with an intuitive sense of propriety; which Webster's defines as the quality or state of being proper or suitable, i.e. conformity to what is socially acceptable in conduct or speech.

    In other words: Adam and his wife took it upon themselves to initiate a dress code due to finding themselves slaves to a humanistic conscience so powerful that even if Almighty God himself told them it was okay to remain disrobed they would not have believed Him; and even had they believed Him, they would still put something on because at this point, they were embarrassed.

    Gen 3:7c . . and they sewed together fig leaves and made themselves loincloths.

    But why not bosom coverings? Why not derriŤre coverings too? Why only loin coverings? Well it's not too hard to figure out is it? They developed a guilt complex over sex and the human body that continues to this day; and I sincerely believe that complex is the very reason why so many people feel that the male libido is naughty and sinful. (Those same people rarely, if ever, condemn the female libido.)

    Some say there were no agents in the fruit to cause the changes in human nature that occurred in the Adams. But I'm not so sure. According to an article in the Oct 8, 2011 issue of the Oregonian; new research reveals that some, if not all, the plants we eat actually change the behavior of human genes in ways never before imagined.

    A new study led by Chen-Yu Zhang, of Nanjing University, found that fragments of plant genetic material survive digestion and wind up swimming in the bloodstreams of humans and cows. Those tiny strands of RNA that somehow make it through the toxic acids and enzymes in the gut come from rice and the plant family that includes broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower and cabbage. Zhang found that they can muffle or amplify human gene expression in various ways. The discovery could lead to ways of designing plants that act as medicine or even change our own genetic structure for the better (or the worse).

    And it's well known what happens to kids when they move into adolescence. Hormonal chemicals kick in, and their childish innocence vanishes; right out the window. They lose interest in kid's toys and begin to take an interest in things more appropriate for their age; including a very noticeable interest in themselves, and in the opposite sex; and most especially in what others think about them. In other words: they become self-conscious; which Webster's defines as: uncomfortably aware of oneself as an object of the observation of others.

    Those adolescent changes aren't miraculous changes-- they're totally natural, hormonally induced, organic changes. So if kids undergo a natural kind of change because of the chemicals generated by the glands in their own bodies, then there is good reason to believe that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil actually did contain something that caused Adam and his wife to morph and develop an intuitive sense of propriety; and that "sense" can't help but influence people's interpretation of Matt 5:28. In other words they want male libido to be naughty because their forbidden-fruit intuition compels them to "feel" it's naughty.

    At any rate, the pending dialogue, between God and Man in the next few verses, implies that God himself had no hand in making those two people change. On the page of scripture, their altered human nature is directly related to the fruit and to nothing else.

    So instead of stretching our imaginations to construct a complex spiritual explanation, I suggest it would be better to stick with the biological one and let it go at that.

    /

  10. #10

    Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    But the fruit WAS lethal, so I disagree with, "The Serpent somehow knew that the forbidden fruit itself wasn't lethal"
    Perhaps I misunderstand you?
    Death is death,if God says " You shall surely die." Surely He means it?

  11. #11

    Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sa:ji:sdo:de View Post
    -


    Some say there were no agents in the fruit to cause the changes in human nature that occurred in the Adams. But I'm not so sure. According to an article in the Oct 8, 2011 issue of the Oregonian; new research reveals that some, if not all, the plants we eat actually change the behavior of human genes in ways never before imagined.

    /
    This is a wonderful point!
    Every thing we eat affects us, just like every thing we see, feel etc.

  12. #12

    Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sa:ji:sdo:de View Post
    -
    Gen 2:16-17 . . The Lord God commanded the man, saying: Of every tree of the garden you are free to eat; but as for the tree of knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat of it; for in the day you eat of it, you shall die.

    Gen 3:4 . . And the serpent said to the woman: You are not going to die,

    Here we have the beginnings of what's known as a half-truth; which Webster's defines as a statement that is only partly true and that is intended to deceive people. In other words: half-truths contain a kernel of truth but not the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

    The Serpent somehow knew that the forbidden fruit itself wasn't lethal, i.e. Eve wouldn't die from eating it like hemlock or a Night Cap mushroom. He was 100% right about that. Her death, though related to eating the fruit, would come upon her from a very different direction; one that Eve apparently never suspected; though it was right under her nose the whole time.

    /
    hi

    yes, the garden of Eden is one of my favourite stories, I think there is a little more to the story then just the serpents dialogue with Eve.

    God said to Adam he would surely die which would imply his body would eventually die, but regarding his spiritual relationship with God, it is obviously that their spiritual relationship was instantly served.

    When Adam ate from the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil after his transgression and consumption of the fruit their bodies were now subject to a sinful nature, sickness and then death and their dominion of the earth was transferred to satan and he became the God of this world.

    One of the results of their transgression was a sinful nature which spiritually separated them from God hence regeneration of one’s Spirit or the born again experience.

    But let’s look at the background story and the whole picture both the trees are in the garden of Eden, the tree of knowledge and the tree of life, why because garden means hedge it was a protected paradise that God believed was secure enough for both trees to be planted there and protected.

    God says to Adam he can eat the fruit from all the trees except the tree of knowledge because that one would eventually kill him. It would seem Adam understood God quite clearly because there is no record of Adam ever being concerned, curious, or tempted by the fruit of the tree of knowledge.

    I believe this situation would have remained like this for eternity, that is why the serpent decided to appear in the garden because he knew they weren’t interested in the tree because God had already told them the outcome.

    The serpent selected Eve so he could trick Adam into eating from the tree of knowledge because when Eve ate the fruit from the tree nothing happened and when Adam saw this he would have been surprised and amazed.

    It was when Eve gave the fruit to Adam and he ate it, that both their eyes were opened because Eve had been given to Adam as a helper and Adam was responsible for Eve, that’s why nothing happened to Eve when she ate from the fruit.

    Now the serpent was well aware of this, and is the reason why he chose to deceive Eve first and Eves being unaffected by the fruit indirectly offered it to Adam and that is the history of our transgression, hence through Adam sin entered into the world.

    But because Eve was deceived first God did offer her a consolation and say the serpent will bite her heel and her seed would crush the serpents head indicating salvation will come through their line of descendants hence the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus the second Adam.

    So God wiped out the earth and started again with Noah and his family and here we are today.

    Peace
    Last edited by Sam07; Jan 16th 2018 at 08:16 AM. Reason: gramma

  13. #13

    Post Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    -
    Gen 3:8a . . They heard the voice of the Lord God moving about in the garden at the breezy time of day;

    The Hebrew word for "voice" is somewhat ambiguous. It can not only indicate a vocal sound, but lots of other kinds of noises too; e.g. horns, crackling, snapping, cackling, bleating, tweeting, roaring, whooshing, hissing, barking, thudding, whistling, and booming, et al.

    Gen 3:8b-9 . . and the man and his wife hid from Yhvh God among the trees of the garden. Yhvh God called out to the man and said to him: Where are you?

    Since God is omniscient, "where are you" can be taken to mean: Adam; come out, come out, wherever you are!

    Gen 3:10 . . He replied: I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid.

    Adam wasn't totally disrobed; just partially. But even that degree of undress lacked adequate propriety to his newly acquired sense of right and wrong. But the thing to note is Adam's unease in the presence of God lacking what he thought in his own mind to be appropriate clothing.

    This incident tells me that even the most seasoned exotic dancer, normally comfortable disrobed in a room of leering men, would want to put something on should God come thru the door and take a seat around the dance floor.

    Gen 3:11 . .Then He asked: Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat of the tree from which I had forbidden you to eat?

    In other words: where'd you get the idea that undress is indecent? Well; nobody had said undress is indecent, nor even suggested that it's indecent-- the concept of a dress code was unheard of at that time. No; they just "felt" it's indecent. In other words; it was their intuition telling them that undress is indecent.

    Where did they get that intuition? Not from their maker, that's for sure; no, they got it from the fruit of that tree. Unfortunately, their newly acquired moral compass was unreliable; the reason being they didn't get it from God, they got it from nature; viz: it was a natural sense of right and wrong and therefore couldn't be trusted to guide them into spiritual absolutes.

    /

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,440

    Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler7 View Post
    This is a wonderful point!
    Every thing we eat affects us, just like every thing we see, feel etc.
    Is it though? When was the last time you ate something that drastically and permanently changed your psyche? They sinned against the living, loving, holy God and realized it. That's not a change in nature. They came to know something, is what it says. It does not say their nature changed. 'Sin nature' is false doctrine.

  15. #15

    Re: The Forbidden Fruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    Is it though? When was the last time you ate something that drastically and permanently changed your psyche? They sinned against the living, loving, holy God and realized it. That's not a change in nature. They came to know something, is what it says. It does not say their nature changed. 'Sin nature' is false doctrine.
    Hi

    i believe in the sin nature and sin passed on from the parent to child through our genes could you please explain your point of view that the sin nature is false so i could understand your POV.

    thank you

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. IMPORTANT Have Any Fruit?
    By alewiscii in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 25th 2014, 11:40 AM
  2. having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit
    By Caleb in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 16th 2012, 05:57 PM
  3. By their fruit you shall know them. Works or fruit?
    By Brother Mark in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: Feb 22nd 2012, 03:15 AM
  4. Forbidden foods and OT
    By starlight777 in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: Feb 17th 2009, 02:17 AM
  5. Fruit
    By *Living~By~Faith* in forum Christian Fellowship
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 31st 2008, 02:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •