Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Christians

Blog Entries

Re: Tattoos and Christians

Quote Originally Posted by crush View Post
    I took his comments about human/animal dna editing to be mockery, I don't think I'm wrong, but I apologize if I am.

As someone who holds God's original creation in the highest regard you should be particularly concerned about this subject. This poses a real and direct threat to every living creature he created. Just consider one example of the famous glow in the dark jellyfish cats for example. Did God make this? This is not part of his creation. They are no longer cats anymore, they are jellyfish cats. They will not give birth to cats anymore, they will give birth to jellyfish cats. Probably a bad example since housecats are a result of human interference in breeding anyway, but I think you get the idea.

One of the side effects of the procedure was an immunity to feline aids. Hmm, guess what, a dna altering vaccine based on the jellyfish cat procedure can easily be created to also make humans immune to human aids. But after taking the vaccine you will also be part jellyfish like the cats but really won't show any outward signs. Are you still a child of Adam made in the image of God being part jellyfish now? Or are you a new creation that God didn't intend? Consider also that your children will also be part jellyfish. Is this technology restoring God's creation or destroying it? If you went to your doctor tomorrow and he told you he had a vaccine that would make you immune to aids would you take it without asking many questions? What about a cancer vaccine? Or a shot that would add an extra 200 years to your life? Or a shot that will reverse aging? Most people won't see the downsides to this if they aren't informed beforehand. And probably wouldn't be too concerned about God's creation going extinct anyway. Fortunately mostly secular politicians and scientist and other lobbying groups have been blocking this reality for years. But now that it's possible to DIY in your own home these things are quickly becoming a reality.

I understand your concern about improperly applying bible prophecy to current events. It's been a problem that has made the Christian community look bad for a long time. But on the other hand, science and technology has reached a tipping point and is advancing so rapidly and beyond our ability to understand it's time for us to start being very concerned IMO.
    Greetings Crush,

This post I am largely, if not completely, in agreement. Separate the issues: 1) DNA tampering and 2) Bible prophecy.

DNA tampering can be good if used to fix things that broken in it due to the fallen world we live in. Like Bluesky mentioned, if we can come up with vaccines to defeat diseases, that can be good. However, at what cost, does the vaccine require embryonic stem cells, for example? That’s a problem.

We shouldn’t treat it like a toy. The fact is though our world is fallen and most people are not God’s people and even those of us who belong to God too often fall to our sinful inclinations.

A good place to go for some good thinking on this is Al Mohler’s podcast/webpage called The Briefing. Al Mohler is the President of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and does a 20-25 minute podcast Monday - Friday and addresses issues like this regularly. He uses articles from mainstream publications such as The New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, et al. Very good sources. Tremendous analysis by him. Very current articles. A wise way to use a half hour of our week days.

Jesusinmylife is a good guy. I know him outside the forum. I talk to him on the phone (there are a couple people I’ve exchanges phone numbers with). Never met him in person. We aren’t geographical close. Don’t let a post or two in this thread ruin his good voice in your forum time here. You may find him to be quite the blessing.

Grace & peace to you,

Joe

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Hug Re: Tattoos and Christians

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Interesting comparison. Would not surprise me. Gods stamp is on everything including the universe. His nature and attributes are clearly seen. This book was amazing. Read the longest commmet for a quick synopsis.

https://www.amazon.ca/Trinity-Univer...ustomerReviews

So what are you trying to say about this cell thing. As a biology student, I absolutely loved the cell and its functions. Quite amazing.
    Well what do you know! That's a mighty impressive Book you got there.

This is excellent news because if your mind is open enough to receive such advanced concepts, then surely I can share this with you...

I will answer your previous question about the Tabernacle vs. Cell Biology in a new thread assuming I don't get banned... lol.

Some people really freak out over this stuff.

Exclamation Re: Tattoos and Christians

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    DNA tampering can be good if used to fix things that broken in it due to the fallen world we live in.
    You are no doubt familiar with this symbol?

It is the Serpent on the Pole used in the Medical world...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius

It is the God of Healing. Does it look like a strand of RNA?

Should we trust the Serpent to re-write our very RNA/DNA Word of God Books?

Let's see what God has to say about it...

Revelation 2:13
    "I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth"

Satan's Seat is in Pergamos. Why?

Because that's where the Serpent on a Pole was worshiped...

"In addition, at the city limits the shrine to Asclepius (the god of healing) was expanded into a lavish spa. This sanctuary grew in fame and was considered one of the most famous therapeutic and healing centers of the Roman world"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asclepeion

How did they know what RNA looked like thousands of years ago?

God showed them...

2 Kings 18:4
    "He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan"

We have a choice.

Let the Son of Man heal us, or the Serpent.

Who will you choose when the Day of Temptation arrives?

John 3:14
    "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up"

I believe RNA/DNA is where God draws the line. Once we cross it, bad things will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    The mark of the beast is not something which prevents death or extends life. It's a mark of possession, that they belong and serve the beast.
    All life is Carbon based.

6 Neutrons
    6 Protons
    6 Electrons

The Mark of the Beast is a Covenant. What kind?

It is a Covenant with the flesh or to put it another way... a marriage to this world and it's Carbon based life.

It is basically a 'deal with the devil'... except with Body, Soul and Spirit... not just a signature on a piece of paper.

In other words, it's permanent and unpardonable.

Take a look at your palms and tell me what you see. You see Fingerprints and Palm Prints.

Did you know God has them as well? In fact, he has ALL of our Fingerprints and Palm Prints in his hand...

Isaiah 49:16
    "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me"

What do you suppose would happen to One's Hand Prints once they begin augmenting their DNA?

Would they change?

Think about it. I mean really mediate on that for a moment.

At what point does re-writing DNA begin to change the God given Mark on the Right Hand and replace it with a NEW MARK...

Revelation 13:16
    "And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads"

What about the face?

How many young kids out there would love to change their hair color permanently? Maybe blue or green or rainbow.

Maybe their eye colors?

Maybe there face entirely?

This is called a Mark in the Forehead.

See where I'm going with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Qubit View Post
    All life is Carbon based. The Mark of the Beast is a Covenant.
    Hollywood loves to rub it in the faces of Christians around the world because they have no idea in the world as to what they are Truly looking at...

Sprinkling Blood on the Ark in the Most Holy Place was one of the most, if not THE most sacred things that were done in the OT.

The Day of Atonement.

Look at how they mock! And what was this movie?

Prometheus. A movie about Transhumanism.

Consider this...

If the Tabernacle in the Wilderness depicts a scale model of a Biological Cell, then what does sprinkling Blood on the Ark represent?

Hebrews 10:19-22
    "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water"

If it's not the Blood of Jesus that is placed in the Nucleolus of the Cell, then it's an Abomination...

I sincerely hope than some of you here can receive this message before it's too late.

Blog Entries

Start another thread in contro Qubit. We can chat there.
    “Dispensationalism has thrown down the gauntlet: and it is high time that Covenant theologians take up the challenge and respond Biblically.” – Dr. Robert L. Reymond, author, A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith

True Truth Exists, & Can Be Found

That's a rude thing to say. I admit my wording was funny.

I will clarify...

If Scripture had absolutely nothing to say on the matter, I would still stand by what I say.

If Scripture said that to be a good Christian, we must cover our bodies in Tattoos, I would walk away from the Bible and never look back.
    My apologies Qubit. I was having a bad day yesterday and it compromised my behavior. I'm sorry about the way I mocked you and aggressively answered your posts. Disagreement is never a reason to angrily interact with another person.
    Once again I'm sorry about my attitude yesterday.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Blog Entries

All life is Carbon based.

6 Neutrons
    6 Protons
    6 Electrons

Wrong. That is 6,6,6 not 666. This has nothing to do with the number of the beasts name.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Wrong. That is 6,6,6 not 666. This has nothing to do with the number of the beasts name.
    Interesting thought. The Greek isn’t ἕξ ἕξ ἕξ, rather it’s ἑξακόσιοι ἑξήκοντα ἕξ.

Not to mention the serious possibility based on manuscript evidence that it could be 616.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Blog Entries

Interesting thought. The Greek isn’t ἕξ ἕξ ἕξ, rather it’s ἑξακόσιοι ἑξήκοντα ἕξ.
    Right.

Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Here are many things:

1. the mark
    2. the name of the beast
    3. The number of the name of the beast

The beast is a man (this is specifically the second beast of Rev 13 not the first beast who is NOT a man). This beast/man has a name. That name also can be converted to a number. That number is 600 plus 60 plus 6, or 666.

The mark isn't 666 and the beast/man's name isn't 666. 666 only is a number of his name, but isn't his literal name. His name can literally be counted to add up to 666.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Not to mention the serious possibility based on manuscript evidence that it could be 616.
    Yes, both numbers spell NERO. That's why some MS have 616. All fulfilled in 1 Century, as well as the AoD.

5 min video explaining what I just said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg8r-enReM4
    “Dispensationalism has thrown down the gauntlet: and it is high time that Covenant theologians take up the challenge and respond Biblically.” – Dr. Robert L. Reymond, author, A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith

True Truth Exists, & Can Be Found

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Hooah. Making something out of nothing, is just as deceiving as "real" lies by satan
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Yes, both numbers spell NERO. That's why some MS have 616. All fulfilled in 1 Century, as well as the AoD.
    Except his real name was Lucius Domitius Ahenobarbus. Second problem is Nero Caesar/Neron Caesar only adds up to 616/666 if you take the English letters and use a Hebrew Gematria system...suddenly none of this really makes any real sense and looks contrived. He died in AD68 as well which means he wasn't alive during the AD70 destruction of the temple.

Nero wasn't the 666 antichrist.

Blog Entries

Right.

Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Here are many things:

1. the mark
    2. the name of the beast
    3. The number of the name of the beast

The beast is a man (this is specifically the second beast of Rev 13 not the first beast who is NOT a man). This beast/man has a name. That name also can be converted to a number. That number is 600 plus 60 plus 6, or 666.

The mark isn't 666 and the beast/man's name isn't 666. 666 only is a number of his name, but isn't his literal name. His name can literally be counted to add up to 666.

5 min video explaining what I just said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg8r-enReM4
    I agree with ewq on this post and I agree with Bluesky. I didn’t watch the video so I can’t speak to that.

YES ! and NO !

Before we were saved , and my husband was in the air force army..... He had put on his arm a tattoo representing the army..... and on the other arm it said mom and dad.
    his parents.
    Back then I wanted my name on him......... but now I am glad I did not say any thing about this.

It did not really seem bad to me and still does not. BUT........ I have see people so loaded on there body's you cant see the skin.......... If I were a man I would go talk to them.
    but to me they seem like they would get very angry and want to hit me or fight........... so I pass...........
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Thread Information