Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greek and Hebrew meanings

Re: Greek and Hebrew meanings

Thanks I’ll give that a try.

Thank you for trying to help. I feel like a lost sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    If I said "Wow, that costs an arm and a leg" to someone from Mars, would knowing exactly what I said help in any way to decipher that idiom?
    Iím not looking to find a change in scripture. Iíve heard that understanding it in Greek and Hebrew can reveal more about the scripture.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    If I said "Wow, that costs an arm and a leg" to someone from Mars, would knowing exactly what I said help in any way to decipher that idiom?
    So it's your doctrinal position that there is alien life on Mars??

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    I have no clue if there is life on Mars and furthermore I don’t care! I came to this site for help and I feel like I am even more confused. I hope you know how this makes me feel. All I wanted to do is get closer to God and right now I’m just going to give up!! Thanks for nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gussy View Post
    I have no clue if there is life on Mars and furthermore I don’t care! I came to this site for help and I feel like I am even more confused. I hope you know how this makes me feel. All I wanted to do is get closer to God and right now I’m just going to give up!! Thanks for nothing!!!
    Wow! Maybe you can lighten up. Christians who love Jesus can have a sense of humor. It was a joke and I'm quite sure keck knows that.

I can understand how this site can be a little confusing. There are different beliefs here, but the overwhelming majority believe the same way about the essentials of the faith - salvation, resurrection, inerrancy of the Bible, etc.

What exactly are you confused about?

Blog Entries

I have no clue if there is life on Mars and furthermore I donít care! I came to this site for help and I feel like I am even more confused. I hope you know how this makes me feel. All I wanted to do is get closer to God and right now Iím just going to give up!! Thanks for nothing!!!
    Gussy, Iíve got something that will help a lot if you have a smart phone or an iPad or something like that.

Thereís an app called ďBibleĒ by youversion.

BE8A0D78-C416-4CD0-9390-31E8F7BA244F.jpg

They have plans to help you either read through the whole Bible or study parts of it.

ED519C1E-1C0D-4850-89FC-C6DB42DB2981.jpg

8B59D82B-CEC8-4AE4-A54E-91975A08E2C0.jpg

DFB42B96-176E-4EF0-BC3E-E68B970FFAA3.jpg

You can start learning more today. Sure, learn Hebrew and/or Greek if you can, but donít wait. We have so many good English translations. Start today!

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Blog Entries

Changed was talking to Keck, not you.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

I’m not looking to find a change in scripture. I’ve heard that understanding it in Greek and Hebrew can reveal more about the scripture.
    Why would understanding the culture and idioms change Scripture? THat makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    Give them amnesty and welfare and we'll find out!
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

IF you want to get closer to God, then do what Noah did.

Walk with Him. Noah didn't have Scripture. He had a relationship with our Creator.

As Jesus would say..."The Spirit will lead you to all truth."

Trust me, the more we "walk with God," the more Scripture will pour out its majesty in your life.

Walk with God.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Thread Information