Thread: Warning of the wheat being uprooted also?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Warning of the wheat being uprooted also?

Matthew 13:24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

So what does Jesus mean with this warning that "wheat" can also be uprooted "with" the tares?
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Re: Warning of the wheat being uprooted also?

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Matthew 13:24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

So what does Jesus mean with this warning that "wheat" can also be uprooted "with" the tares?
    To me this has to do with Preachers or Teachers who are Wolves in Sheep clothing. The Wolves would be the Tares, and the sheep, the True Believers. The Tares may or may not realize where they are in their relationship with the Lord Jesus, but ultimately they are children of the wicked one, because they are doing the will of Satan, not the Father, and Jesus does not know them even if they say they come in Jesus name.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Matt 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many...11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

So here is the rub... First, the Wheat and the Tares are ONLY SPEAKING OF THE LIVING at Christ's coming. Secondly, in Matt 13, if the Wheat can be effected by the pulling of the Tares, this means that the Believers CAN be DANGEROUSLY effected by the FOCUS (Beliefs) they have at the time of Christ's coming. If their focus is NOT upward, looking to the Return of Christ, and rather is focused on a leader who is keeping their eyes (focus) from looking up and to the coming, they could be COUNTED AS A TARE (or one who is serving the TARE false Prophet.) There is evidence that our focus on Christ is important at His coming:

2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Mark 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

If you've ever watched a farmer pluck tares (weeds) from next to the wheat, you will notice that it is a very careful and tedious job. They do not just grab a handful of stalks and pull, but rather carefully just grab the one tare from the stalk next to the ground and pull it up. However the wheat next to it are tangled in the roots and sometimes in the stalk. The wheat next to the Tare is damaged or even uprooted when they are pulled out.

In the same manner, around the time of Christ's coming (again, Matt 13 parable is about the time of Christ's coming only), the False Prophets are going to come out of the woodwork. They are going to sway and woo many Christians, gaining their trust and tickling their ears. (already started...) If they are focus on the Prophets and NOT UPWARD on Christ, they will be counted as one to be burned in the fire, and not as Wheat...

Matt 24 tells the story of the Wheat and the Tares the best, but first remember what happened in Acts 1...

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Matt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

The Tares will be teaching a different Jesus, one who had already come. That is why it will be clear that the Wheat pulled withe the Tares could be burned. They do not truly know Jesus...

Luke 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

I have a huge burden for this ministry of warning those at the time of Christ's coming... Believers can and may be greatly deceived in the end times... The knowledge of exactly where Christ is at that time will be invaluable to all believers, because Jesus will be "everywhere"!!! According to the False Prophets at that time, because of amazing events going on at that time, He will be in the Middle east, at Mecca, on the Temple mount, hiding, in a specific Desert, ect... Weak minded, insecure and unfaithful believers will be quick to believe and tie their roots to the Tares wooing them...

I fear for these people greatly.

The Parable primarily shows counterfeit Christianity - the Roman Catholic Church in this age. I do not mean that there not a lot of true Christians in the Roman Church. I mean the ORGANIZATION of the "Holy Roman Empire" with its Pontifex Maximus as High Priest. The Tares are those that look like, speak like, pray like and read the Bible like Christians, BUT ARE NOT CHRISTIANS as they come from another "seed". From 313, when the then Pontifex Maximus, Constantine declared Christianity State religion, the Roman Church has spread a FORM of Christianity worldwide, and when people talk about Christianity on earth, they are usually referring to ORGANIZED CHRISTIANITY - ROME.

The natural tendency of us city slickers is when there is a mess with something, we clean up the mess as soon as possible. But a farmer thinks differently. He sows because he wants fruit. So if a mess occurs and the good seed is growing next to bad seed, he will wait until the fruit comes. Then, no doubt at extra cost, he will carefully harvest the false seed so as not to damage his own crop, burn it to stop it seeding again, and then he will go ahead and harvest his own crop.

The "harvest" in Matthew 13:39 is "the end of the AGE ('aoin' - Gk.)" This is because it is then that Judgement begins, first with the Church, then Israel and finally the nations. But there is also another harvest we Christians must remember. It is that we have just our lifetime to become ripe and mature. Death is not the harvest per sé, but whatever state of maturity we have on the day we die, it will not change till we are judged. The Parable of the Virgins shows that what ever the state of a Christian is when he/she "falls asleep", is the state he/she will wake up with. So God, Who wants fruit (Jn.15:8), will not initiate the harvest early, even if imposters are around. He must give His seed time to mature.

But there is another point connected with this. Note that the harvest of the imposters IS FIRST. How come? In most Christian eschatological institutes, the Church is raptured before the Great Judgement on the world. The answer is, that this is NOT the world that is being harvested. The "field" is the world, and in this "field" a counterfeit Church springs up, sown by the enemy. And as the age draws to a close, the Leader of this Counterfeit Church, a Roman Caesar, will achieve TWO things;
    1. He will be made UNIVERSAL RULER by ten kings (Rev.13:7, 17:11-13)
    2. He will command SOLE WORSHIP of himself (2nd Thess.2:4; Rev.13:12)

And to be a able to demand and command SOLE WORSHIP, the Beast, one of five Caesars, and the eighth (Rev.17:10-11), MUST DESTROY ALL RELIGIONS ON EARTH. As long as there are the different religions on earth, with their adherents worshiping whatever, the Beast cannot be the object of SOLE WORSHIP. So in Revelation 17:16 we see that the ten kings who gave their power to the Beast DESTROY THE WHORE - Mystery Babylon.

The judgement of the Roman Church is BEFORE the Great Tribulation.

Blog Entries

I was just reading this chapter the other day.

According to Jesus' explanation of the parable further down in that chapter, the angels [the reapers] are the ones who asked that question, "Do you want us to go and gather them [tares] up?" after seeing that the enemy [the devil] sowed them to begin with.

The man who sowed the good seed to begin with, claims Jesus, is Himself. And he says that the field is the whole world.

He says, "No, you might pull up some wheat with the tares you pull up. Wait until harvest time [the end of time]."

That's all in Matthew 13:36-43

What comes next is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt:
    • Jesus was saying the final day of judgment was not come yet. Too soon to separate the righteous from the wicked. Not the time for the final destruction to burn the tares yet.
    • Angels do not have the sovereignty or authority to judge every single person's righteousness. God alone has that authority and he will direct all of that on the last day.
    • In my Bible study last year, we discussed how God told Abram that his descendants would be enslaved for 400 years because "the sins of the Amorites is not yet full.". God is patient, keeping track of the wickedness to know when it was spilling over the brim to the point of no return and in his mercy gave those people HUNDREDS of years to repent. A few did along the way. Jesus is telling the angels to be patient until the last day. What if some of these wicked people [tares] repent and become righteous [wheat]?
    • This is why it is vital to send and support missionaries and to be evangelistic ourselves in our own communities. We have ALL seen people get saved that we would have never believed unless we had seen it for ourselves.

Moral of the parable. Only the righteous will be with God. He, alone, makes that decision. He is patient, giving people all the time they need, not condemning the wicked to hell until he knows there is no other opportunity. Angels don't have that authority to make that distinction yet and will in the end do so with God's help. We MUST be about bringing salvation to the lost.
    ".....it's your nickel"

The tares, or darnel, on this parable, are false wheat, look alikes. Wheat, being a winter wheat garner, is planted in the fall, grows for a little while, then grows dormant for the winter season. In the springtime, (in the fall as well), you have a look alike weed. All kinds of wheat farmers have it
    In our case, we call it cheat, or ryegrass. From anywhere but up close, they look alike during these times. They are near look alikes. An inexperienced farmer, would make many mistakes trying to separate them when they are in the non fruit bearing stage (winter and early spring). Thus the comment about angels being the reapers. Unqualified. [We shall judge angels].

But, in the time of harvest, when the fruit is on display, no problem for the unqualified to judge. Site inspection will do. The harvest IS the end of the world. It is but a small reminder that there is great tribulation in store for the end of the age. To which I would now refer you to the parable of the sower of seeds... good seed, thorns, stones, and bare ground. All received the seeds of the word of God. The results, in concise form?

1. Bare ground hardly did more than sprout.
    2. Stony ground seeds withered under the stress of tribulation and persecution.
    3. Thorny ground seeds got choked out by personal cares and the deceitfulness of riches.
    4. Good seed bears fruit of righteousness.
    Summary?
    1. Gospel preached in all the world.
    2. Great tribulation causes many to fall away.
    3. Rebuilding your life, preoccupies the weary.
    4. Good seed bears fruit through it all. Without knowing the heart of true righteousness, God himself living in our hearts, and not just in our bibles or our minds, will not be a seed that bears fruit in the time of harvest... the end of the world!

Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Thus the comment about angels being the reapers. Unqualified. [We shall judge angels].
    I was quoting Jesus when he explained the parable. He isn't calling them [angels] judges, but reapers. God is the judge of men. That's why he wouldn't let them go when they asked. They WILL go at the end of time at God's direction.

The Parable of the Weeds Explained - Matthew 13:36-43

36 Then he left the crowds and went into the house. And his disciples came to him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field.” 37 He answered, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. 40 Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    I was quoting Jesus when he explained the parable. He isn't calling them [angels] judges, but reapers. God is the judge of men. That's why he wouldn't let them go when they asked. They WILL go at the end of time at God's direction.

The Parable of the Weeds Explained - Matthew 13:36-43

36 Then he left the crowds and went into the house. And his disciples came to him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field.” 37 He answered, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. 40 Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.
    I see no where that we are in disagreement.

Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB

Just to give clarity to things.
    They would be put into the role of Judge if they had to separate the wheat from the tares when they were both still growing and without fruit.

Thread Information