Thread: Not sure how effective prayer is but...

Not sure how effective prayer is but...

Depression and anxiety has been bad...for well...an extremely long time, but lately with the move into a new place I have been having depression flare ups. I don't need anything fancy..just remember me a bit when you silently pray at night and just need God to get me a good therapist, psychiatrist since I am in a new place and have to find a new counseling center. I also need direction to sort out my issues and make progress in digging myself out of this 10 year+ hole I have been digging with bad thinking patterns. I have skeptical views with prayer, I guess I see it as a means to change us to make action, rather than a speak it and forget way...God gives us a lift back onto our feet so we can fight and work out our issues, and I expect no less, I guess is how I see it...

Blog Entries

Re: Not sure how effective prayer is but...

I'll pray for you. I take Prozac, myself, for depression and anxiety. My therapist is a wonderful man who is also a Christian. I know what it's like go to the deep "downs".

Just one word - don't stop praying yourself. It's a good thing that God's grace and mercy isn't dependent on our temperament.
    ".....it's your nickel"

I will make sure to keep an open communication between me and God,when things get rough it does, in a messed up way, allow me to feel close to Him. To be honest I am not close to many people and have consistently been hurt by others throughout my life. I find comfort that God isn't like people and that there is at least one person who is on my side of the ring cheering me on and having good thoughts of me..in a world that demonizes me and reviles me. I'm happy there is another who knows how ravaging depression can be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFizzicist View Post
    I will make sure to keep an open communication between me and God,when things get rough it does, in a messed up way, allow me to feel close to Him. To be honest I am not close to many people and have consistently been hurt by others throughout my life. I find comfort that God isn't like people and that there is at least one person who is on my side of the ring cheering me on and having good thoughts of me..in a world that demonizes me and reviles me. I'm happy there is another who knows how ravaging depression can be.
    Depression can be a sign of unresolved resentment. Meditate on forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFizzicist View Post
    Check out the Comfort & Encouragement part the forum. Good advice there.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:29

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. Rom 13:2

Fear not that which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him
    which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matt 10:28

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    I'll pray for you. I take Prozac, myself, for depression and anxiety. My therapist is a wonderful man who is also a Christian. I know what it's like go to the deep "downs".

Just one word - don't stop praying yourself. It's a good thing that God's grace and mercy isn't dependent on our temperament.
    I suffer from depression to. I am well acquainted with the deep downs. Vit D has helped. ( D3 mind you )

I echo Jaynes recommendations.
    “Dispensationalism has thrown down the gauntlet: and it is high time that Covenant theologians take up the challenge and respond Biblically.” – Dr. Robert L. Reymond, author, A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith

True Truth Exists, & Can Be Found

Praying for the OP and my other friends in this thread that need .

Thread Information