Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Being Lustful, is it always a Sin?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: Being Lustful, is it always a Sin?

Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    English is English. Your perception and feeling should not effect your ability to read and comprehend it.
    Romans 7: 7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”[a] 8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.

Luke 22: 15 Then He said to them, “With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer;

Philippians 1: 23 For[a] I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.

1 Thessalonians 2: 17 But we, brethren, having been taken away from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavored more eagerly to see your face with great desire.

Matthew 13: 17 for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

right. One Hebrew or Greek word is translated as two different English words to express meaning to the reader in English. Not here though.

My first post was, "There are several different words translated lust in scripture. In both the OT and NT they are not all sin." and Slug1 disagreed with it.
    What I said was KJV English is antiquated and you most people don't understand what many words meant in 1611, mostly because they didn't grow up under the reign of King James in England.

What you said has nothing to do with what I said.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

English is English. Your perception and feeling should not effect your ability to read and comprehend it.
    Isn't it nice to be both right?

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    What I said was KJV English is antiquated and you most people don't understand what many words meant in 1611, mostly because they didn't grow up under the reign of King James in England.

What you said has nothing to do with what I said.
    sigh... I did not say what I said was what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo View Post
    Isn't it nice to be both right?

That's not good English

Blog Entries

sigh... I did not say what I said was what you said.
    Are you practicing to be a politician?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by the rookie View Post
    Gentleman -

(1) This convo is moving in circles
    (2) You don't seem to be hearing one another
    (3) The condescention and sniping isn't helping
    (4) This feels personal
    (5) The rest of us are just kind of following along here

It may have passed the point of edification - it is for sure well beyond mutual edification - and has shifted to "winning", which means it may be time to make some final points and move on to other things.
    Yep, we're still here.
    The Rookie

Twelve is the number of government. Thus, it is quite apropos that I am on my way towards wielding the power of twelve bars - each bar like, say, a tribe.....or a star.....or, maybe an apostle. A blue apostle. Like apostle smurfs. Does anyone remember smurfs? And all the controversy about them being from the devil? It's probably bad that I juxtaposed "apostle" and "smurf" in the same sentence. But then, I probably lost you at "blue apostle". Yes, my friends, this is what "rare jewel of a person" is actually implying. "Rare Jewel of a Person" really means, "Potentially Insane".

Quote Originally Posted by the rookie View Post
    Yep, we're still here.
    There seemed to be improvement for a moment. I cleared everything up the best I could in post 126. Wish PreDeo would read that post.

I apologize to everyone for my behavior. I'm going to step away and maybe come back. The history between some of us has not been good for a long time and in some cases effects both sides. If I come back, and I probably will (I love this place), I will do my part to start anew. Grace and peace to all.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

I apologize to everyone for my behavior. I'm going to step away and maybe come back. The history between some of us has not been good for a long time and in some cases effects both sides. If I come back, and I probably will (I love this place), I will do my part to start anew. Grace and peace to all.
    Amen Noeb! Been prayin' for ya... it is a blessing to see how God moves in and through us all!!
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Solly to see you go and hopefully welcome soon.

Blog Entries

I'd hate to see you leave Noeb. I hope you reconsider, however, if you do step away for a while please come back.

We can agree AND disagree as long as we never forget to love one another. And remember, love isn't always hugs and kisses. Sometimes it's the metaphorical verbal slap to the back of the head. Iron sharpens iron, yeah?
    It's the spirit and reasons we have for our responses here and everywhere else that matter more. If your intentions are edification out of love then most times things will work out fine.

With that said - We all go overboard once in a while, well, almost all of us, and I'm pointing right at myself when I say all. Me especially maybe.
    It's at those times our brothers and sisters in Christ can lift us back up and help set our feet back onto the narrow path. None of us are in this alone and all of us are fallible.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

God bless you brother. I've had to do the same thing several times.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Thread Information