Thread: Revelation's author/ use common phrasing found on Babylonian cuneiform texts on Venus

Revelation's author/ use common phrasing found on Babylonian cuneiform texts on Venus

Both the phrases

" surrounded by a crown of stars "
    " clothed with the Sun / Moon "

are commonly used phrasing found in pre-biblical astronomical omen texts on Venus, texts that belonged only to High Priests

Being " clothed with " means being above or below an object in the sky

Being " surrounded by a crown of stars " refers to the cuneiform symbol of the dingir, which represents royalty as a determinant in priest-king names in Mesopotamian literature, for several thousand years, from the Sumerian ideogram of a star

There are some other examples of phrasing taken from astronomy texts , but I have started with these two as they are the most commonly known in scripture

I could list some texts by their catalog numbers if you have interest, or if you want to read, I could suggest starting with the book " Babylonian Planetary Omen Without Special Title, by Erica Reiner

Also, keep in mind that the old official city seal of Jerusalem ( 300-150 BC ) was the pentagram that represented the conjunctions with Venus

Questions ?

Blog Entries

Re: Revelation's author/ use common phrasing found on Babylonian cuneiform texts on V

Quote Originally Posted by Winepress View Post
    Questions ?
    Sure.

Why are you here?

Blog Entries

Re: Revelation's author/ use common phrasing found on Babylonian cuneiform texts on V

Questions ?
    Can you just tell us what it is you are trying to say?
    ".....it's your nickel"

Both the phrases

are commonly used phrasing found in pre-biblical astronomical omen texts on Venus, texts that belonged only to High Priests

Being " surrounded by a crown of stars " refers to the cuneiform symbol of the dingir, which represents royalty as a determinant in priest-king names in Mesopotamian literature, for several thousand years, from the Sumerian ideogram of a star

There are some other examples of phrasing taken from astronomy texts , but I have started with these two as they are the most commonly known in scripture

I could list some texts by their catalog numbers if you have interest, or if you want to read, I could suggest starting with the book " Babylonian Planetary Omen Without Special Title, by Erica Reiner

Also, keep in mind that the old official city seal of Jerusalem ( 300-150 BC ) was the pentagram that represented the conjunctions with Venus

Questions ?
    Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Apparently this part...and knowledge shall be increased....is working great in your case, and not so great in my case.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Can you just tell us what it is you are trying to say?
    IMO he is trying to make us aware that much of the Bible is rooted in ANE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo View Post
    IMO he is trying to make us aware that much of the Bible is rooted in ANE.
    Thanks, and yes, I saw that. I just need to hear him say it.

[WP - I don't mean to talk about you as if you are not here.]
    ".....it's your nickel"

Blog Entries

Both the phrases

Questions ?
    Something tells me relying on pagan texts to interpret the bible is an unwise thing to do.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Thread Information