Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2 horned Beast

2 horned Beast

Just a thought I'd like to throw out there. Is it possible the 2 horned 2nd Beast of Rev 13 may refer to a Catholic Pope, representing the German/Roman axis of the Western Roman Empire?

In the past I thought that the 2 horns may symbolize the East/West axis of the old Roman Empire, centered in Rome and in Constantinople. But I'm now wondering if perhaps this 2 horns like a Lamb are better represented by Christian Germany and Christian Rome? The East hardly looks like a "Lamb!"

Also, it would explain the development of a false Super Church, healing the Protestant/Catholic divide.

All opinions welcome!

Re: 2 horned Beast

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Just a thought I'd like to throw out there. Is it possible the 2 horned 2nd Beast of Rev 13 may refer to a Catholic Pope, representing the German/Roman axis of the Western Roman Empire?

In the past I thought that the 2 horns may symbolize the East/West axis of the old Roman Empire, centered in Rome and in Constantinople. But I'm now wondering if perhaps this 2 horns like a Lamb are better represented by Christian Germany and Christian Rome? The East hardly looks like a "Lamb!"

Also, it would explain the development of a false Super Church, healing the Protestant/Catholic divide.

All opinions welcome!
    He comes "out of the land" not "the sea" which means he is Jewish not Gentile like the other Beasts, he also looks like a Lamb which tells us hes not a Government Ruler like the other but a Religious type. Since the Harlot is all false religions being killed off by the 10 Kings in league with the Beast in Rev. 17:16, this opens the door for a taskmaster over the Religious side of world events whereas in times past the Beast Governments like Greece and Rome mostly allowed the local Religions to carry on as long as they did not interfere with the Beast(s) Governments Business at hand, collecting taxes etc. etc. The Jewish revolt just before 70 AD was an example of when the Romans would step in to thwart certain practices, but usually only when it interfered with their business at hand.

This False Prophet is going to be given the SAME AUTHORITY as the first Beast meaning he will be set over all Religious practices throughout the WHOLE WORLD in like manner in which the Beasts/Governments have always preformed the same tasks over the peoples of the world. Thus he's called a RELIGIOUS BEAST. He is not one of the Seven Heads over the Government(s) as per the Seven Headed Beast in Rev. ch. 13. He is a Jewish Religious Person (RABBI) who in my opinion, gets angry when Israel Repents {Malachi 4:5-6, Zechariah 12:10 and 13:1} and turns to Jesus Christ as their Messiah, thus in his RAGE he joins league with this Anti-Christ who becomes THE BEAST when he Conquers Jerusalem for 42 Months. We know through observance most Rabbi's accept Christianity and Christians as per who they are, but they DESPISE Jews who turn to Christianity and sometimes even spit upon their own family members who turn to Christianity, and ostracize them. So when Israel turns to Christ, I see this Religious Rabbi who turns to the Anti-Christ via much ANGER !!

1. Seven Headed Beast = Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome and the coming Anti-Christ who all ruled over Israel in a CIVIC MANNER.

2. The False Prophet = A Religious Beast that of course Demands all people to Worship the Anti-Christ/Beast as GOD !! Thus he rules over Israel in a RELIGIOUS MANNER. And thus over all the world in like manner. He will do exactly what the Civic Beasts have done, only to the peoples via RELIGION.

Blog Entries

All opinions welcome!
    This is the only beast described as a clean animal and a lamb (as in sheep) which would represent Israel. All of the other beast are unclean aminals

To be a false prophet you would have to come from the people of the true prophets which again is Israel.

How did Jesus describe the Pharisees and who did he say they were?

Matthew 7:15
    "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Jesus above ties the false prophet and sheep to apostate Israel

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    This is the only beast described as a clean animal and a lamb (as in sheep) which would represent Israel. All of the other beast are unclean aminals

To be a false prophet you would have to come from the people of the true prophets which again is Israel.

How did Jesus describe the Pharisees and who did he say they were?

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Jesus above ties the false prophet and sheep to apostate Israel
    Astute observation, I have never saw it put in quite that fashion.

It's a fallacy that the beast is a lamb. The wording refers to "two horns like a lamb", they are not two horns like a bull. So the most likely interpretation is that this is a beast (imagine a huge aurochs bull) with two really tiny horns.

Daniel two describes Rome becoming split into two divided feet. These two feet rule at the end. The most well known split of Rome in history is into Rome and Constantinople. Sure the Bible is a symbol book that can be interpreted in many ways allowing us to insert our own preferences everywhere. The only way to make sense of it is to take the most obvious meaning in every case. Strictly using this technique suddenly a whole accurate picture emerges out of the confusion. And the obvious version of the split of Rome is the clear well known split of Rome into Rome/Constantinople.

So these two cities are the major world power until the end as per Daniel 2. Now Rev 13 describes a two horned kingdom that has two tiny countries so powerful it can influence the whole world. Unless there are four superpowers at the end, it's obvious the same two powers are being referred to: Rome/Constantinople.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    Astute observation, I have never saw it put in quite that fashion.
    Thanks I actually have a thread on it

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    He comes "out of the land" not "the sea" which means he is Jewish not Gentile like the other Beasts, he also looks like a Lamb which tells us hes not a Government Ruler like the other but a Religious type. Since the Harlot is all false religions being killed off by the 10 Kings in league with the Beast in Rev. 17:16, this opens the door for a taskmaster over the Religious side of world events whereas in times past the Beast Governments like Greece and Rome mostly allowed the local Religions to carry on as long as they did not interfere with the Beast(s) Governments Business at hand, collecting taxes etc. etc. The Jewish revolt just before 70 AD was an example of when the Romans would step in to thwart certain practices, but usually only when it interfered with their business at hand.

This False Prophet is going to be given the SAME AUTHORITY as the first Beast meaning he will be set over all Religious practices throughout the WHOLE WORLD in like manner in which the Beasts/Governments have always preformed the same tasks over the peoples of the world. Thus he's called a RELIGIOUS BEAST. He is not one of the Seven Heads over the Government(s) as per the Seven Headed Beast in Rev. ch. 13. He is a Jewish Religious Person (RABBI) who in my opinion, gets angry when Israel Repents {Malachi 4:5-6, Zechariah 12:10 and 13:1} and turns to Jesus Christ as their Messiah, thus in his RAGE he joins league with this Anti-Christ who becomes THE BEAST when he Conquers Jerusalem for 42 Months. We know through observance most Rabbi's accept Christianity and Christians as per who they are, but they DESPISE Jews who turn to Christianity and sometimes even spit upon their own family members who turn to Christianity, and ostracize them. So when Israel turns to Christ, I see this Religious Rabbi who turns to the Anti-Christ via much ANGER !!

1. Seven Headed Beast = Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome and the coming Anti-Christ who all ruled over Israel in a CIVIC MANNER.

2. The False Prophet = A Religious Beast that of course Demands all people to Worship the Anti-Christ/Beast as GOD !! Thus he rules over Israel in a RELIGIOUS MANNER. And thus over all the world in like manner. He will do exactly what the Civic Beasts have done, only to the peoples via RELIGION.
    I also think this is a religious Beast. But having two horns sounds like he has two political bases, with military power. Since this is not the 1st Beast, we have to consider a religious Beast who looks like a Lamb, ie is religious, and yet controls two political centers. What do you think those two centers are?

Thanks for all of your input. I'm considering all of the views. Personally I don't know yet!

Blog Entries

Man you guys are making this way too difficult....

First off he comes from the earth which represent a man. Adam cam from the earth.

Second he is like a lamb. Who IS the lamb? Christ. Thus this beast is trying to be like the lamb of God. That should be simple.

Thirdly, if this beast is posing to be the lamb of God then what would the two horns be on the lamb of God? Where did the lamb come from? The tribe of Judah from southern kingdom of Israel. So the 2 horns on the beast are supposed to represent Judah, and Benjamin. Copying the true lamb.

Now does he have control of these two tribes? or are they just representation as him being as a lamb??

Anyway we see the other 10 horns upon the first beast totally 12.

Don't make it so difficult.

I also think this is a religious Beast. But having two horns sounds like he has two political bases, with military power. Since this is not the 1st Beast, we have to consider a religious Beast who looks like a Lamb, ie is religious, and yet controls two political centers. What do you think those two centers are?
    Vatican and Istanbul Caliphate

Pope and Islam are United in their support of the Antichrist in Jerusalem. The Caliph was based there for hundreds of years, and I believe will soon be re established there.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Vatican and Istanbul Caliphate

Pope and Islam are United in their support of the Antichrist in Jerusalem. The Caliph was based there for hundreds of years, and I believe will soon be re established there.
    Adding to my post:
    These two tiny horns, represent tiny geographical centers , in the same way that the relative size of horns in Daniel 7 and 8 represent the relative size of kingdoms.

They are religious because they clearly infuence the world on a religious level. Yet also political.

The reason Vatican and Istanbul Caliphate fit so well it's they both are tiny geographical religious centres, but have had widespread religious and political influence for hundreds of years. Vatican over Europe, and Istanbul over the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Adding to my post:
    These two tiny horns, represent tiny geographical centers , in the same way that the relative size of horns in Daniel 7 and 8 represent the relative size of kingdoms.

They are religious because they clearly infuence the world on a religious level. Yet also political.

The reason Vatican and Istanbul Caliphate fit so well it's they both are tiny geographical religious centres, but have had widespread religious and political influence for hundreds of years. Vatican over Europe, and Istanbul over the Middle East.
    Yep, that's possible. Quite frankly, many of these views appear possible. I wish there was one definitive element to make it clear, but I haven't seen it yet. The appearance of a lamb having two horns is an enigma to me. It does sound like a religious man, like a Pope. But I don't know. If one of the horns was Instanbul, that would likely fit a mullah or ayatollah, right? How can a Pope, in the West, and an Ayatollah, in the East, represent a single False Prophet?

Yep, that's possible. Quite frankly, many of these views appear possible. I wish there was one definitive element to make it clear, but I haven't seen it yet. The appearance of a lamb having two horns is an enigma to me. It does sound like a religious man, like a Pope. But I don't know. If one of the horns was Instanbul, that would likely fit a mullah or ayatollah, right? How can a Pope, in the West, and an Ayatollah, in the East, represent a single False Prophet?
    I don't like long posts, so instead I am going to ask you to do homework

If you do research you will find that ancient Jewish writings assigned a beast/animal to a demon prince who ruled over an area. For example the demon prince Dobiel/Bear is the prince of Persia according to Jewish tradition. This knowledge helps us to understand the four beasts of Daniel 7 better, because the wording strangely uses the "symbol" of "kings" in v17 to illustrate four reigning kingdoms which are in power for hundreds of years each. Why then use the symbol "kings" when the symbol "beasts" is already in use to describe these four ongoing kingdoms? The answer is that these are kings, it isn't a symbol. These are four demon prince kings. Just like Gog.

The false prophet is a demon prince king who rules two territories, Europe/Vatican and Istanbul/MEast. This false prophet manifests in two prophetic kingdoms, whose unity is the healed 6th head of Rome. So united Rome supports the move of the Roman beast to a new location, Jerusalem, where the demon prince is given a mouth/eyes, he manifests in a human, the antichrist.

Ephesians 7:12 our struggle is not against blood and flesh, but against principalities, against authorities, against the universal lords of this darkness

If you think I'm far fetched that Persia had a demon prince, read this:
    Daniel 10 the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia

So in Rev 19 when the beast and the false prophet are thrown into the fire, these are two demon princes. The one ruling from Jerusalem, the other with two capitals, Rome/Istanbul.

Blog Entries

I figured I should post my whole study

Could the false prophet be a demon influencing apostate Israel in the first century?

To be a false prophet you would have to come through the faithful. There has only been one church which is made up of the faithful before and after the cross from the days of Adam until today.

Since this false prophet comes through the people of the faithful it would rule out him being from any other religion (Islam, Buddhism ect ect).

Israel represented the faithful during most of the biblical times and this was from were the true prophets came from. So this false prophet purpose was to divert the Jews or the faithful away from their true Messiah. The false prophet is the only beast in the bible who is described as a clean animal (a lamb)which would represent Israel.

The false prophet along with the beast are cast into the lake of fire alive this doesn't happen to people as all people will be judged before being cast into the lake of fire. We know that satan (who we know is a demon) will be cast into the lake of fire alive (rev 20:12)in the future.

The false prophet along with the beast out of the sea (who I believe is a demon influencing Rome and its leaders in the first century) and satan makeup the unholy trinity. I believe the unholy trinity's purpose was to turn the Jews away from Jesus their Messiah and have the people kill and reject Him. What could of been a more important task for Satan to do?

A description of the false prophet the second beast
    Revelation 13:11
    Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. He has 2 horns like a lamb but speaks like a dragon he looks gentle but he is evil.

How did Jesus describe false prophets and who did He say false prophets are?

Jesus talking about the Pharisees and describes them in

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
    Jesus above links the false prophet to the Pharisees

Rev 13:13-16
    13 And he doth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,

Mosses warned us about this in.

Deuteronomy 13:1-3
    If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul
    Mosses above also links false prophets to the Jews

The false prophet is of Satan and Jesus said this about the Jewish leadership in

John 8:44
    44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies
    Jesus above links the Pharisees to satan.

The false prophet gave power to the beast (Rome) when they had the people say "we have no king but Caesar". They received the symbolic mark on their forehead and hand by being devoted to Rome and doing its will.

John 19:50
    But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

Who could be more evil than the Pharisees who's job it was to reveal the Messiah to the Jews but instead persuaded the Jews to reject and kill Him? They turned their people away from their true King Jesus and had the people call Cesar their king that is the true definition of a false prophet.

Thread Information