Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: You're fired!

Blog Entries

You're fired!

Rex Tillerson got the boot today.

Starting with Michael Flynn they've been flying out the White House windows about once a month since early 2017. Is this normal bros?
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Blog Entries

Re: You're fired!

Yes

Chief of Staff
    Bush’s first: 1,911 days

Obama’s first: 620 days

Trump’s first: 189 days

Priebus was in fact the shortest-serving chief of staff in history. He served for 189 days, while the second-shortest stint (Kenneth Duberstein under Ronald Reagan) lasted 203 days.

Pete Rouse served for only 104 days as interim chief of staff for Obama in 2010 after his first chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, left to run for Chicago mayor. But Priebus wasn’t in an interim role.

Communications director
    Bush’s first: 256 days

Obama’s first: 92 days

Trump’s first: 134 days

The communications director is the newest role on this list, created in 1969 by the Nixon administration. The first director was Herbert Klein, who lasted the longest in office. He was tasked with dealing with the Watergate scandal that eventually led to Nixon’s resignation.

Trump has gone through three communications directors so far, with Scaramucci serving the shortest period as the second person named to the role.

His 10 days as communications director (he was not officially supposed to start until Aug. 15th) almost beat out Jack Koehler for shortest tenure. Koehler worked in the Ronald Reagan administration and stepped down after a week on the job, when news broke that he once belonged to a Nazi youth group.

Trump’s first communications director was Republican operative Michael Dubke. He was on the job for 134 days. Press Secretary Sean Spicer took on his responsibilities for 53 days until Scaramucci came along, at which point he resigned.

There have been other brief tenures in the position in the recent past.

Ellen Moran served for 92 days at the start of the Obama administration, after which she became chief of staff for Commerce Secretary Gary Locke.

George Stephanopoulos, under the Clinton administration, served for 138 days. George W. Bush’s first communications director, Karen Hughes, lasted just over eight months.

Press secretary
    Bush’s first: 906 days

Obama’s first: 753 days

Trump’s first: 182 days

Spicer, Trump’s first press secretary, lasted 182 days.

There have been shorter tenures. Jerald Franklin terHorst was in office for one month at the start of Gerald Ford’s presidency and acting press secretary Stephen Early served for 13 days under President Harry Truman.

In more recent history, Bush’s first press secretary, Ari Fleischer, lasted over two and a half years. Obama’s Robert Gibbs worked in the role just over two years.

National Security Adviser
    Michael Flynn set another record for shortest tenure as national security adviser, a position established in 1953 amid the Cold War.

Flynn was on the job for 24 days before he resigned (Feb. 13); the average is 2.6 years, according to the Washington Post.

Flynn acknowledged in his resignation that he misled Vice President Mike Pence and others about illegal conversations with a Russian official.

Stephen Hadley lasted four years as Bush’s first national security adviser and Thomas Donilon lasted for two years and eight months under Obama.

FBI director
    Former FBI director James Comey wasn’t the shortest-serving FBI director in history, but his tenure is on the shorter end at three years and eight months. He is the second FBI director ever to be fired.

The last and only other time this happened was when Clinton fired William Sessions after he refused to step down amid ethical concerns in 1993.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Latest: Steve Goldstein gets the boot about one day after Rex Tillerson.

Man this is hilarious. Does Donald think he's still doing his TV reality show?
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    Latest: Steve Goldstein gets the boot about one day after Rex Tillerson.

Man this is hilarious. Does Donald think he's still doing his TV reality show?
    No: he is finally cleaning out the dirt. It is a long process to get rid of people who don't see things the way the President does.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

Look at it another way - How many presidents were too afraid of media pressure and political fallout to do what should be done? Too many.
    Trump isn't worried about either - he's instead worried about getting things done and keeping his agenda rolling.

There's quite a bit to complain about when it comes to Trump but cleaning house so things are done right isn't one of them.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Yesterday I was walking around a park praying. I began to pray for President Trump and expressed gratitude to God that we have President Trump.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

what about mccabe, that dude was less than 2 days from retirement? Why not just let him retire and he's out of your hair at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    what about mccabe, that dude was less than 2 days from retirement? Why not just let him retire and he's out of your hair at that point?
    Don't you think he should have been fired a long time ago?
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

He's crooked and deserves jail and not his retirement - in my opinion of course and from all that I've heard and read. Why then, if this is true, should he get a pension? Until these rotten, lying, hypocritical and crooked people are brought to justice, we the people have much to fear. When those who think they are the elite and better than us "little" people, and they are above the law, then yea, we are not safe from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Don't you think he should have been fired a long time ago?
    The argument from the responses in this thread seemed to be that trump was getting rid of people that didn't share his vision so that he can move forward with his agenda, firing someone a few days before their retirement just screws up their retirement without gaining you anything that you wouldn't have had in 2 days. If your position is that his firing is more about the need for him to be fired for reasons other than him being in the way then i'd have to ask why wasn't he fired a long time ago, and what agenda did his firing at this time actually forward?

The argument from the responses in this thread seemed to be that trump was getting rid of people that didn't share his vision so that he can move forward with his agenda, firing someone a few days before their retirement just screws up their retirement without gaining you anything that you wouldn't have had in 2 days. If your position is that his firing is more about the need for him to be fired for reasons other than him being in the way then i'd have to ask why wasn't he fired a long time ago, and what agenda did his firing at this time actually forward?
    Perhaps it took a little time to gather the evidence. But I too wonder why he wasn't fired a long time ago. Maybe, they wanted to dot the i's and cross the t's. From what I have read, he deserved to be fired. IMO, the beuracracy is in bad need of a makeover. Too much politics in them and it appears to be onesided.

As for an agenda, sometimes people get fired because they deserve it.
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyCall View Post
    He's crooked and deserves jail and not his retirement - in my opinion of course and from all that I've heard and read. Why then, if this is true, should he get a pension? Until these rotten, lying, hypocritical and crooked people are brought to justice, we the people have much to fear. When those who think they are the elite and better than us "little" people, and they are above the law, then yea, we are not safe from them.
    I guess I'm not convinced that he engaged in anything that should or would land him in jail, but if that's how you feel then I get why you feel that he deserved punishment and public take-down.

I don't believe that Trump is an example of a non-elite man of the people. He has basically publicly bragged about engaging in the same kind of behavior that you rail against, not just secret recording, just flat out at his rallies and on twitter. I will never understand why you think he is an actual counterexample.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Perhaps it took a little time to gather the evidence. But I too wonder why he wasn't fired a long time ago. Maybe, they wanted to dot the i's and cross the t's. From what I have read, he deserved to be fired. IMO, the beuracracy is in bad need of a makeover. Too much politics in them and it appears to be onesided.

As for an agenda, sometimes people get fired because they deserve it.
    So the agenda served was just to do the right thing, McCabe made his bed and Trump just tucked him in?

Why do you trust that Trump is the guy to clean this mess up?

Blog Entries

He was fired after it was proven that he violated statutes that clearly say, if you violate them you will be terminated. And he violated them in such a way that it was determined that to NOT terminate/fire him would in fact be unethical.

It wasn't Trump's decision it was done after an investigation and the recommendation from the F.B.I. to the Attorney general. And it's not a horrible thing that this was done.
    It was the right thing to do and anyone who claims otherwise is doing so for purely political reasons. They are also telling blatant lies.
    As far a his pension goes: All he has to do is work another government job - any government job - for a couple of days and he gets it all. The minute he was fired the offers came pouring in so ...don't believe the B.S. poor pity McCabe tripe.
    The man willingly violated statutes and did things that he knew were wrong because he allowed his political ideology to overthrow the oaths of office he and every other person in the F.B.I. takes.

The F.B.I. and Department of Justice are to be unbiased and have no party affiliations. If they fail in that and become corrupt then every American, no matter which party they prefer, should be up in arms over it.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    He was fired after it was proven that he violated statutes that clearly say, if you violate them you will be terminated. And he violated them in such a way that it was determined that to NOT terminate/fire him would in fact be unethical.

It wasn't Trump's decision it was done after an investigation and the recommendation from the F.B.I. to the Attorney general. And it's not a horrible thing that this was done.
    It was the right thing to do and anyone who claims otherwise is doing so for purely political reasons. They are also telling blatant lies.
    As far a his pension goes: All he has to do is work another government job - any government job - for a couple of days and he gets it all. The minute he was fired the offers came pouring in so ...don't believe the B.S. poor pity McCabe tripe.
    The man willingly violated statutes and did things that he knew were wrong because he allowed his political ideology to overthrow the oaths of office he and every other person in the F.B.I. takes.

The F.B.I. and Department of Justice are to be unbiased and have no party affiliations. If they fail in that and become corrupt then every American, no matter which party they prefer, should be up in arms over it.
    well okay then, this rationale is clear to me now.

Thread Information