We are continuing on with chapter 12.
For those who don't know we have been going through the book of John.
Feel free to join in at any time. I am posting a few verses and then we can talk about them.
I am going to start out with the New American Standard Bible this time. Momof5 usually uses the NKJ. If anyone wishes to post with other translations that is fine too. I like to read them all and compare.
(NASB) John 12:1) Jesus, therefore, six days before the Passover, came to Bethany where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead.
2) So they made Him a supper there, and Martha was serving; but Lazarus was one of those reclining at the table with Him.
3) Mary then took a pound of very costly perfume of pure nard, and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped His feet with her hair; and the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.
4) But Judas Iscariot, one of His disciples, who was intending to betray Him, said,
5) "Why was this perfume not sold for three hundred denarii and given to poor people?"
6) Now he said this, not because he was concerned about the poor, but because he was a thief, and as he had the money box, he used to pilfer what was put into it.
7) Therefore Jesus said, "Let her alone, so that she may keep it for the day of My burial.
8) "For you always have the poor with you, but you do not always have Me."