Breaking The Chains is a forum for those who are seeking healing and recovery from addictions, hurts/habits and/or compulsive behavior. It is also for those who have loved ones suffering from them. Addictions come in all forms, not just alcohol and drugs as we are use to hearing. Anything that chains us to this world and controls us can be considered an addiction because it harms us spiritually, physically, and mentally and robs us of the happiness God so wants us to have.
God offers both healing and recovery through his word. Looking to the past is not an option in recovery. If you dwell in the past, you remain in the past and will never heal. You must look forward, setting your sights on Christ who will lead you on the road to recovery.
Some rules for this forum which are fairly simple:
1. The general board rules apply...please read them. As well as the General Rules for the Counseling Section: http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=40809
2. BTC forum is not a private forum and can be viewed by other members of Bibleforums.
3. This forum is a safe haven for those who are truly suffering through their addictive behaviors and are seeking biblical verses to aid them in their struggle. Attacks and put downs of any kind will not be tolerated.
4. Although there are many wonderful books out there that may help with our struggles, God is our true healer and this forum is strictly finding healing through the bible.
5. Being able to share with others going through or having been through the same addictive behavior can be a comfort. Arguing with someone because they can't see it your way leaves a lasting negative effect. No one here is a counselor nor should they try to play one.
6. We can't assume we know what someone else is going through if we've never been through it ourselves...so simply put...please don't.
1. If you must post a link please describe in your post a description of the link. I wish to stress that we want all help offered in this thread to be biblically and/or experience based.
2. As in #2 above in the rules per this forum, there is also no need to emphasize the problem that you are offering advice about. The OP is well aware of their weakness and does not need reminding of this problem or read any negative remark about it. Focus your reply on a solution, advice, scripture, etc that will be edifying.
3. Please remember that children have access to this forum so keep your word phrasing in a manner in which you'd feel comfortable talking around younger children who could overhear you while you are posting.
4. If you have a problem similar to one already posted in the BtC forum, please start a new thread so we can minister directly with you. Do not post your problem in a thread already established unless you have been delivered from the problem and your example my help minister to that person.
Some tips for this forum:
1. The first step in recovery is realizing we are not in control...God is. If we were in control, recovery wouldn't be an issue .
2. Recovery is a day by day process and no one recovers at the same pace. Some may be blessed to see immediate effects, but for many it will take allot of time. It didn't take you a day or two to be chained to your addictive behavior nor will recovery happen in a day or two. Waiting on God will bring wonderful results .
"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
1 Corinthians 6:12
"Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything.