Ephesians 6
    10 A final word: Be strong with the Lordís might power. 11 Put on
    all of Godís armor so that you will be able to stand firm against
    all strategies and ticks of the Devil. 12 For we are not fighting
    against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil
    rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty
    powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked
    spirits in the heavenly realms.

First I am posting my testimony then going to add to this post more information that I have posted on other threads:

My son has been dx with ADHD, explosive disorder, major depression and anxiety disorder, sensory processing disorder, auditory processing disorder, learning disablity, PTSD, and ODD....and he was ALMOST dx with either bioplar or sinzophrenia because he was hearing voices and seeing things...there are more dx too but you know, I lost track of them..they just kept changing anyway. He also had airborne, food and chemical allergies. He is seven and a half...be eight in December.

When I first started posting on a parent message board, Nathan was just three and a half years old and had huge behavioral problems already. On the message board now there are over 6,000 members now I think, posting from all over the whole with children who defy their parents, swear at them, lie, steal, drink and do drugs, abuse their siblings and even sometimes their parents. When I first posted on their fourm for younger children no one was posting there..now its busy and full all the time. The children with problems starting at even a younger age.

The werid thing is not all the children in the family have problems...many times its just one of them while the other kids are fine...other them living in this horrible situation that is. They start out like my son did...raging and being voilent and defieing any authority figures in their life. And it just gets worse as they get older.

Nathan was on a down hill slide too until I found this parent board and learned from another member how to reburk evil spirits/demons..whatever they are, in the Name of Jesus. Nathan, now seven has not had a rage in about two months now...and I thank God and Karenmont for this blessing.

Reglious talk on this board is not allow otherwise I would be on their yelling this good news... though there are Christians on there...and a mix of many other beliefs. There is no hope on this board...VERY few of these kids ever get better, just worse.

I am STILL utterly amazed at how much progress my son has made simply through rebuking evil spirits of rage, pain, fear, defiance and so on...

I was very doubtful about this at first and prayed about it but God told me to do it so I did....even though I felt silly at first...

Now I have no problems doing it...if I see Nathan acting up...getting nasty, back talking or just upset...I quickly identfiy the 'mood' hence the spirit..whisper a reburking under my breath...he is not aware of it and within a few minutes he is calmer and not doong whatever he was doing...

It has totally and completely amazed me!

Of course he is not perfect..lol..he is human and some of the stuff he does is just kid stuff too...but if I told you how he used to be..most of you probably would never believe that either...such a HUGE change!

I am so VERY VERY thankful to God and to Karenmont for sharing and teaching me this. Thank you!

Without writing a book ..the nutshell of it is, I was a Christian but I did not put God first in my life..I thought I could run my own life....I didn't understand how to let God run my life and I also was still doing sinnful things. The combination of what I was doing and not doing and my son's dad not a Christian at all had a HUGE impact, I believe on my son.

Now that I am God/Christ centered in my life..meaning I don't make a move, a desion without asking God first...things have really changed in our lives....but no amount of prayers, so much time spent weeping over my son and the hours spent researching his problems....(he has been dx with about everything under the sun..ADHD, ODD, bipolar, sciphrenia type behavior for the voices he was hearing and sometimes seeing things. SID and oh on and on and on...) No meds have stopped the rages, no amount of therapy, no social groups, ect have stopped them ....

Not even natural treatment was making much of a dent in it...

Until I learn this.

Sin is a cancer that affects us, our children, the world, nature and seeps into everything! in this world...even the smallest child.

It makes me extremely angry satan is going after our children like this and it makes me literally sick that as parents, our sins DO affect our children.

There is a bible verse about children turning on their parents...can someone post that for me? I think that verse applies to end times too. This parent board I told you about is just ONE of so many out there. These parents spend years trying to help their children only to see them just get worse and worse. These children grow up to break the law and we have seen many of the older and younger teens end up in jail or juvie hall for crimes they have done...or end up in RTC far from home because the parents can no longer control them at all. Its totally heartbreaking...

I feel so very very lucky.

God bless
    Julie
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries
    Because of my son's severe behavioral problems (better now though...) I have tons tons and tons of reading on many types of disorders..everything from ADHD, ODD, OCD, Bi-polar, scinzophrena, AS and on and on...I attended a NAMI workshopt last summer and learned quite a bit there too. I belong to a parent board with over 6,000 members from all over the world with children like mine.

NAMI...National Aliance for the Mentally Ill...work on protecting their rights and also helping in many areas too. In the workshop we went over about every mental illness a person could think of...and watched a film on it also. NAMI is trying to change the word "mental illness" now to brain disorders...much the same as '"heart disorders" the reason being they are now finding medical evidence for these mental illnesses.

Many of you may have seen the famous PET images of a normal person's brain compared to a person dx with scizophrenia..their brains are functionally difference and not fully functioning in many areas like ours are.

In a recent court case also a person who was dx with bipolar loss his medical insurance through work, the insurance company saying they don't cover mental illness...but he came in with drs showing MEDICAL proof of his brain disorder...so it was listed as a medical problem NOT a mental illness...

A dr does medical testing on a person with heart problems and can show through the tests how the heart is not working right...they can now do that with the brain. This goes beyond a dr asking the client a bunch of questions and then saying after a period of time that they have a chemical imbalance and here take this and see if it helps...

One of the problems with this type of 'guessing' is first it can take weeks if not months to see if a medication is going to help...adjusting the dosage ....stopping and/or weaning them off the med to try something esle...meanwhle the person also has to deal with sometimes terrible side effects...

Now they can do actual medical testing though its not common or widespread at all yet.

Now lets look at the flip side of things...

Lets say there is a person that very healty in every way but has an anger problem....over time the anger problem gets worse and worse...the person starts having chest pains (not actual heart problems though) stomach problems, headaches, can't sleep, ect ,ect....

He goes to the dr...the dr may or may not beable to find an actual physical problem YET...but studies are now showing that people who are tense, angry alot of the times, under undo stress, ect, ect WILL begin having lasting damage to their health if they don't get these problems under control.

On a website I have it shows the actual changes a brain goes through when having this type of rage/stress and so on...

They even show how a woman's brain actually changes while she is going through PMS!!

So this tells us emotions have a effects on the whole body...and can have a lasting effect...

A person with a serious mental illness that cannot control his thoughts/emotions also has an impact on his body too...

Sudden trama such as being in a terrible car accident, a house fire, being attacked, mugged, ect can cause post tramic stress disorder which causes an actual chemical change in the brain and IF left untreated will NOT change...

When a person is abused lets say as a young child...especially over many years or even just one really horrible time, it has a lasting effect on them.

You hear of people dealing with 'demon's from the past'...I think this is true, whether you believe in a literal demon or past horrors...they both impact the person I would think just as badly.

How many serial killers had wonderful childhoods? many started showing signs as children of something being wrong by abusing and toturing animals..then they worked their way up to people..

We don't live in a void...sin, being it here or in the past, effects someone.

We have people in my town that wander the streets day and night that are well know to have sizophrena...they are so out there that trying to even approach them is out of the question. Do you think these people could sit down and focus on reading a bible? Understand what you were saying to them at all? Its extremely doubful.

They DO need to be a safe place and on medication and therapy for a long time before they could even get to the point to understand what Christianty is about...let alone anything esle.

Its also very common for bipolar and scizophrenic people to hear the devil talking to them or hear demons or even see them...this seems to be very common among them..and it kind of makes you wonder why those things?

Of course you have those that think they hear God, or Jesus, ect...

For many many years drs have been 'guessing' about these mental illness and what meds word and what therapy works, ect..but they all seem to have alot in common as far as syptom...boy I wish I could spell. A bipolar person tends to focus on death and gore when depressed...I am God and can fly when manic...both very dangerous when out of control.

I am going to stop this post but I have more to say...just want to break it up some...

God bless
    Julie
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries
    Lets say you are with a patince in a mental health hospital..this person gets upset about something..tried to run off the unit...is stopped by the staff so begins punching and kicking them...and screaming..saying foul things like I am going to kill you! I am going to kill everyone! I hate you, $%&! and rants and raves and is totally out of control. So you see the staff take this person off to a quiet room and not they are not padded room...just plain concerte walls with a matteress on the floor and they are shut in their until they calm down...because they are hurting others.

The nurse observe this person looking around the room as if something was in there with him..and sees him talking to someone...later when she talks to him after he is calm he tells her he sees floating things in the air and hears hundreds and hundreds of demons talking to him and telling him bad things about himself and others...and they tell him to hurt himself and others.

He ended up here in this place for getting angry one day because someone got mad at him...and he got a knife and was going to stab himself.

He has a family history on one side of the family going back generation of drugs and drinking abuse..parents abusing the children and either losing them to the state or abandoning them. Scizophrenia and bipolar run on that side of the family and his great grand mother was once put in the state mental hospital and dx as insane..before they actually came up with names for these problems.

It would be so easy to say this person has inheriated a mental illness and very tragic also because he is sentences to a life of heavy (sometimes dangerous medications) therapy and nothing remotly close to a normal life.

So he is put on strong medication to try to control the hallications and the voilent outbrusts..they don't work..medication is changes...still they don't work...therapy continues..nothing really changes.

Lets clear up the picture a little here...lets say whenever this person raged he verbually attacked God..said things like I hate God and Jesus and I want to die and go to hell and help the devil kill people. When he was prayed over he would attack the person praying...any words about God or Jesus resulted it very voilent behavior and threats to kill that person praying...physcial attacks such as kicking, hitting, biting, scratching, spitting, ect, ect...

Then when the rage was over he would either cry or act as if nothing had happened...seem to not really remember anything..or much of it.

This person is not saved and says at one point when sobbing his heart out that Jesus can never come into him because the devil is already in him and if Jesus tried to come in, he would die.

When this person rages he totally changes...his eyes dilated, a horrible look comes over his face, he says extremely cruel and awful things all the while trying to hurt the person he is raging against.

Now lets add a little bit more to the picture to really clear things up....so you get the whole picture from all angles here.

This person is currently seven and a half years old and my son.

His rages began when he was still a baby under a year old. By the time he was three he was attacking other children and his dad...later he started attacking me also.

I was the one who was hit, kicked, bit, scratched, slapped, spit on and told how he would kill me then himself and anyone that tried to stop him. I was the one who he went after with a long thick pointed stick off a tree...I was the one he went after when he picked up a brick and said he was going to smash my head in.

I was the one who almost had my jaw dislocated by a head butt..had my fingers bend back to the point they almost broke...had the phone kicked out of my hands when I tried to call for help.

And it was just me he went after. He was kicked out of one school for attacking older students and it took four teachers to restrain him....something I do by myself...I was taught how to by his therapist to keep him safe and me safe.

yes his dad was abusive to him...mostly verbually and emotionally and phsycial abuse was starting. The history of drug and drinking abuse, phsycial and other abuses on the children and the mental illness go back generation on his dad's side of the family..something I was totally unaware of until two years ago.

He has been in a mental health hospital on the children's wing twice now...they did not help. They gave me davasting news and put Nate on heavy duty meds...none of it has helped. He has been in therapy since he was three and on meds since he was five.

The rages could come on very suddenly out of the blue. Things could be peacful one moment and the next I am on the floor with him restraining him and praying my heart out....nothing was working, not the prayers, not the meds...

And he was just like all these 6,000 plus children on the parent board I told you about..some are worse them him and some not quiet as bad...few ever get better..they only get worse.

As they get older they get into drugs and drinking and petty crimes...unwanted preganics, end up in treatment centers, residual treament centers, some in therapic foster homes..some in jail and some living on the streets high on drugs all the time. Some have beaten there parents, their brothers and sisters, have abused in many horrible ways their siblings and other children and they just get worse...

I was on this parent board for three years, trying diet changes as he does have food allergies, natural treatment, this med this therapy, read this parent book and on and on and on and nothing was changing...nothing.

It was to the point he was getting bigger and stronger and it would always throw my back out retraining him like this and trying to not get hurt..I knew one day I wouldn't beable to take care of him at home anymore...I was depersate for help. But I didn't know what to do...I even got a book on Spiritual Warfare for your children and read all the prayers in there and had him say them...nothing. just nothing but despair and blackness and never knowing when he would go off.

He went off on his grandparents once and they restrained him and heard the foulness coming from him during his rage...such terrible things that I cannot post on here...even my mom said its like he is possessed.

On the parent board sometimes when we get a new member they ask on the title of their post...is my child possessed by the devil or what?

These children can be so loving and sweet and wonderful...sitting in your lap while you read to them...funny and smart and just a normal happy child then it hits out of the blue...over silly things..they ran out of the kind of juice they liked and you didn't have anymore...someone looked at them wrong...the work in school was too hard...they didn't get enough sleep, the food they wanted, the sky wasn't purple when they woke up..doesn't really matter what...we all call it the 'look'..we talk about them going from Dr. Jerkle to Mr. Hyde...in a spilt second...

Another one of the awful things about this..whatever it is..is many times the parents are blamed for the child's problems...doesn't seem to matter the other kids are just fine...their parenting skills are attacked and they are humliated and told why can't you control your child and their self estem is dragged through the gutter.

These parents have also lost their kids to CPS because the child will call and say the parents are abusing them when in fact it the other way around..and the parents are not believed. Or the parents have to give up thier child to SRS in order for the child to get the treatment they need because it costs too much and the parents cannot afford it...they had sometimes on 48 hours about this not too long ago in fact.

Then the parents have no say so on medication, treatment,..anything and most of the time...at least on the parent board...any improvement does not last. The success stories are few and far in between.

I got burnt out on the parent board because none of the kids were getting better and its so awful to constantly read this terrible stories...Joey got kicked out of school today for attacking a teacher...Susan got arrested for breaking in the neighbors house...My preschooler was kicked out of preschool for throwing chairs...Tom raged today and punched me in the face..had to go to the ER....Tony is out of contol and we had to call 911...and post like this: When will it ever end? How much more can we take...out marriage is falling apart because of sues problems....John broke his brothers nose today I don't know what to do anymore....I am so depressed I can't go on living like this...how can I love him when I am afraid of him and he is only nine...and they go on and on like this day after day...

Oh and the meds post...there are constant too...Another med change..this med made sue sick ...Tom is throwing up cause of this med and the dr won't listen to me..Joe is having terrible headaches from this new meds...and mostly...its not working, its not working..its not working...

Until I came here and meant Karen my life was like this too ...then we talked and she helped me clean up my house first...get rid of some bad junk I had and reburk this ...things...call them evil spirit, demons...ghosts from the past, whatever...in Jesus Name I did and the rages got less and less and weaker and weaker and he has only had one rage in three months now...and usually summers are the worse because he thinks about his dad the most in the summer.

He is still talking alot about his dad but not raging! And I thank God so much for this blessing...call it what you will. His meds have not changed...nothing had changed except this. Nate does not know I do this...I am not standing on the coffee table acting like Moses in the Ten Commandments movie going...I reburk thee evil demons..and blah blah blah...

I quietly under my breath name the spirit I see..whether oppistions, defiance, angry, hate, bitterness, fear, rage, whatever and say begone in a whispter under my breath in Jesus Name and by the blood of Jesus and within minutes he is calming down...back to him self again...

I honestlly thought Karen was nuts when she told me to do this...I thought..you are nuts! I am not going to do this..plus I was worried about how my running around here and saying this to Nate everytime he acted up would affect him...but she said I could whisper it so I do...sometimes I turn my back on him, act like I am cleaning the kitchen or something and say it real quick and he is not aware of it at all.

When I first started doing it I felt really stupid to be honest. And silly and thought this is never going to work cause I have no confiences in what I am doing..but it did...because it is not by my power ( I have none) but by God's power that this is done.

I want you to know too that I didn't just take Karen's word for this...I went to the Lord after she told step by step what to do and surprising He told me to do what she said on this. I was what Lord? Are you sure? lol..then I thought...oh no, that isn't God saying that, that is some demon trying to trick me...but way would a demon want me to reburk it? Anyway I went forward on God's word the whole time thinking I had really lost it...boy I must be really desprate..well ...I was.

If painting the house purple and orange would have helped and God said do it...by that point...I would have done it.

I cannot tell you what is going on with Nate...no I dont think he is possessed by any demon but something sure was messing with him..and its not quiet over yet either. While the rages are under control..his fear and great anxiety are not...we are going to be working on that.

I would bet my left kidney...if back when he was hearing the voices and seeing things if they had done a PET san on his brain they would have found it all werided out...in fact I tried to get them to do it...I was tired of them 'guessing' on what was wrong with him...I wanted them to do a PET scan and say once in for all he had bipolar or the other one...something..so they could get him on the right meds and the right treatment...his symptoms always seemed to be changing too...just like all the kids on that parent board...the list of dx was just getting longer and longer and longer..everytime they tested him for something..sure enough he had it...talk about depressing.

So this is where we are today....what it is or was I suppose only God knows for sure. But I know I never imaged laying awake at night crying for my son, I never imaged the scratch marks and burses and sore back either...I never imaged my heart breaking over and over and over again...and I doubt I will never forget either though I wish I could.

God bless
    Julie

Sky Guest

Things are not always as they appear...

Once upon a time I had a friend who had two sons, one, in his forties, not in and refusing The Lord, mentally sufficient to appropriately interact at least minimally with society albeit his drug and alcohol problems.

The other, younger, in The Lord, in his late twenties, diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic in treatment and on medication to the point he was able to hold a fast food job.

Mom and dad, advancing in years decided to sell their house in the big city and retire to the country. They footed the rent and utilities for the boys to move into their own place and continued to do so till the end of this little tale.

The older, never holding a job and his only means of income dealing drugs, immediately started scamming the younger brother for his minimal income bit by bit.

The younger, knowing the drug dealing and lascivious lifestyle wrong began, over a period of two months, to deteriorate to where he was hearing demons and would hide in the closet.

The younger and I had numerous conversations throughout this timeframe and it soon became evident what was happening was this was his way of rationalizing without being able to understand or stand up to the older brother what was happening around him.

He finally snapped and the police picked up late one cold December walking down the road with no clothes on totally oblivious to his surroundings talking about demons and the devil.

After months of inhouse therapy the parents took the younger brother back in and it's been almost four years now and enjoyed marked improvement and reasonably good life...up t a point...

The older brother finally got popped too many times for drugs and probation violation and got sent to prison, he played his cards "right" and played guitar for the prison church band and got out early for good behaviour convincing the parole board of his sincerity and conversion which, later, he admitted, as with so many others in his predicament, was just a scam to get out. He's back out, almost fifty now, living with his parents and brother continuing his previous lifestyle.

And the younger brothers mental-emotinal-spiritual state slowly and gradually is deteriorating with the renewed closeness to his brother...but, being the confirmed "crazy" the parents, for lack of better options, and cannot find it in them to say "no" to either of the sons just keep sending the younger to therapy and having his meds increased while the older gets deeper and deeper in his sin and abuse of his younger brother.

Now WHO is the REAL crazy here?

Blog Entries
    Ok Sky, thanks for sharing...

God bless
    Julie

Blog Entries
    Cont:

But at the time when I meant Nate's dad about ten plus years ago now I was not putting God first in my life. God was apart of my life but not number one. I was still of the mind I could run my own life...do things my way you know? He said he was a Christian and believed in God and prayed but all his prayers were "I want prayers" like a Santa Clause wish list.

If I told you my ex's background of growing up abandoned and abused it would also break your heart...and I lied to myself that things would be ok...afterall I went through abuse too but I didn't take it out on other people....of course I had gotten help and he hadn't.

When it comes to believing, I mean really believing the Lord, actions speak louder then words and yet I was blind. So I married someone withouth asking the Lord first if this was the man for me...I messed up big time.

I owe it to Nate to hang in there.

I have lost alot of faith this this type of science..not just the head stuff but the regular MD drs also that couldn't even dx his allergies problems right or illnesses related to his allergies. I could tell you some MORE terrible stories when it comes to MD drs not to mention the head ones.

I DO like physical science as Dr. Roi points out it stays the same...certain things you can count on. If I jump up I will come right back down...never do I once in awhile just keep going up! But medical science when it comes to the mind and body are still huge guessing games because they simply don't know it all. But they ACT like they do and get angry if you dare question them...their words are not written in stone like they want everyone to think.

I have read up on so many different things from brain disfunctions to how food allergies can cross the blood brain barrier and affect a person's behavior and even ablity to learn causing learning disablities. I have read how a person can get leaky gut syndrom from eating foods they are allergic too and then developing yeast overgrowth problems. Read a book on a lady dx with scizophrenia that was 'cured' when her yeast overgrowth problem was treated...

Have read up on how all the dyes and chemcials they put in our foods affect our minds and bodies...how vaccination can cause austism, AS and other life long problems...

I have so much 'medical and psy' information swimming around in my head and NONE of it ever helped.

While things are much improved since the dark ages, science of any kind is still so far behind God is sad actually. Though some of it is amazing like the stuff Dr. Roi knows about ...but still in so many ways we are trying to use a little candle to light up a huge cavern to see the whole picture...I think we need a bigger candle..

God bless
    Julie

Blog Entries
    Right after Nathan was born...he was such a hard hard baby to calm down and I was getting very little sleep as he woke up so much too...he would cry until one in the morning every night...then only sleep two hours at a time..I was dead tired all the time and getting no support from my so called husband. And Nate got sick easily and then I would catch it and be trying to deal with him being even more cranky and me not feeling well too...it was awful.

At any rate...when he was still very very young...I started having intrusive thoughts of really bad things towards him..just coming into my mind out of the blue! They were horrible and I won't put them on here because even though I didn't feel they were my own thoughts, at the time I did...and the guilt and shame I felt is still with me to this day for these thoughts coming into my head.

Yes I was a Christian but a weak one...not putting God first in my life at this time.

These intrusive thoughts got so bad I went to my head shrink...had been on meds before Nate for depression and anxiety...and they thought I was suffering from post pardum depression..it got very bad though. And the dr also thought I had some obessive complusive thoughts going on too...though I never really had before...some but nothing like this!!

I was put on all kinds of medication and could barely function I was so dopped up! The side effects were always so bad and the meds rarely helped.

I dealt with these intrusive thought for several years though they got less intense as time went on...I am trying to remember excatly what I did to combat them cause the meds didn't help...therapy didn't help...nothing did...

I didn't know much of anything about demons or the devil just your commong stuff you read in the bible or hear in church...I certainly wasn't going to any delivance things...didn't know about them. At first I really thought it was me! And that I must be some kind of truly horrible person to think these things about a baby.

I reached out to God over it of course...and began fighting these thoughts on my own...since nothing esle was working. When they would come so strong in my mind and so suddenly they would usually take me off guard...so I just got myself ready for them and would block them...and I think...not totally sure cause its not something I like to recall...I think just in my mind I would say...shut up satan! and ingore it and go on with whatever I was doing...get back to my own thoughts before this came in...

As I said in time it got less and less and maybe every great once in awhile a thought (not nearly as strong either I might add) would pop in my head and I would just knock it away...

Now you saw my more recent post on the counsoling forum about an intrusive thought...this hasn't happened in a long time and this was is totally different then the ones I was having...

What I am trying to say is I didn't go through a bunch of elabonate things and get heavily involved in delievance things or do anything complicated or special to get rid of it...I simply relied on the Lord...and my own willingness to fight it off...

You can call it a demon or OCD or whatever....the common traditional therapy didn't work, meds didn't work so I went to the Lord whom I should have called on first.

Then several years later I started dealing with anger problems...I would blow over minor things..I was developing road rage...but getting so terribly angry it frightened me and it would happen so fast...

Again instead of relieing on the Lord, I went to a therapist...tried to talk about it...I think the anger was finally coming out over my ex and all the awful things he had done...but coming out in the wrong ways...

This guy put me on some med that made me so dizzy I couldn't function..that lated maybe three days and I had to stop taking it...not to mention he was a nut and too busy reading what was on his desk rather then listen to me...so I quick him too....and went back to the Lord over my anger...

He worked with me on it and together we were able to overcome it.....also found out I had hormone problems that was contribiting to it too....in which I use natual treatment to deal with, not meds.

I could say again this was a demon, or a demon from my past..I don't know...there is more I could talk about too of things I have overcome only with the Lord and long before I knew any of this stuff.

I never did any special prayers, or did any of this other stuff that you have talked about or had on those websites and things got better. Granted with Nathan that was a different story and I did have to go some things but nothing too complicated (all on my previous posts on here)...but for myself, not knowing anything other ways to go, this worked for me.

God bless
    Julie

Blog Entries
    Things I had to get rid of in my home that offended God...the story on that:

Well I HAD tons of Stephen King book...almost every one...I prayed over them and the only ones that were ok were his prison stories...not the horror ones that included ghost, phsyic powers, demon possessed cars or dogs, vampires, ect, ect...anything super natural...oh one I could keep was The Stand...

The Stand actually is about God and satan...through people..its syblomic...that one was ok...

King refers to God alot in his books...and struggles alot between good and evil but too much of the occult is in most of his books...I can onlyh pray he is leaning more towards God...he seems to be.

The others were Dean Koonz..more supernatural evil powers and or sick phsco that invent new ways of killing people...

Ann Rice...mostly vampires, witches, the occult..very heavy into the occult. You know I stood in line for three hours one time to get her authograph in one of her books....and I saw a group of people all dressed in black and really werid makeup....and STILL I didn't get it...dumb!

Of course I had a lot of her books too but after I read one about the devil where she made him sound like he got a raw deal when he was though out of heaven, I quit reading her...but my sister knew I liked these authors so kept buying them for me!

I had CD of some of the movies made from some of these books...OR I would rent the movie and record the music off of them...that was back when I was single and childless and had too much time on my hands...I rigged the stero to the VCR and taped the music off what I rented. I also taped MANY horror movies, vampires mostly..many Stephen King movies too...ghost houses, haunting, witch movies..ect...alot of alien movie too but then they kind of just keep repeating themselfs fo got bored with that. Werewolves, ScFi that bordered more on horror....

I outgrew the slasher movies of Friday the 13th and oh what was that other guy they just kept making movies about..with the mask too...lets see how many new ways we can kill teenagers!

The faky horror ones about werewolves, vampires, ect, didn't bother me too much, the ones that bothered me were the serial killer ones..oh yea..Silence of the Lambs...yuck. Read both books and saw the movies...the last one was beyond digusting! I had to force myself to read it...now why I did that...I don't know...stupid.

HellRaiser movies always gave me a very bad feeling in my chest...I didn't like them but watch them anyway...why? Cause everyone esle was...

The magazines were Cemetary Dance..another one was a Fanisty one that a friend order for me...that wasn't really my thing but I got them free and read them. I didn't think they were too bad, but the ads in them..fairies, dragons, dagor, swords, mid-evil type clothes...mmmm...wizards...warlocks, ect...not good stuff. Oh yea and tons of crystal balls.

I got the Twilight Zone magazines too ...those weren't too bad but the Lord said, chuck em...cause they did contain some bad stories and ads...gota watch those ads. Realms of fanicy...oh and some others I don't remember the names of that were really bad stuff...gruesome pictures on the outside and gruesome...I mean very sick sick stories inside...

The people who write this stuff...well kind of makes you wonder...ewwwwww. Nate would see the cover of one of them and get upset when he was little, I would grab it and hide it... should have dawned on me them, if my little boy can't look at some of the pics in my magazine then maybe they should not be in the house??? But no...never occured to me...

I would go to the big city where my sister's lived and go to the bookstore to get some of these magazine cause they didn't sell them here...to me I looked at it as a treat as I rarely spent money on myself and I loved to read...

Even some of the comic I had were not nice...and believe me I look every now and then and they have even more not nice comics out there...the pictures get in your head and there are images that stay there for many many years...

I can still clearly remember this one magazine I got as a kid...made up like a comic book...the images I should have never seen. Not sexual stuff...just really really sick stuff...can't put that on the board...you don't want it in your head ever!

And that was for children...

I hover over Nate on every book he looks at, everything he sees on TV and someday maybe I can explain to him why...

I got deeper and deeper into this stuff even though much of it was replusive to even me, I couldn't stop reading it...never occured to me to want to stop it...but then I quit buying those magazines and books...didn't have the money for one thing...but I would still check out horror novels at the library...but less and less though. I became more focused on my son's needs and researching things to help him..at the library and the net.

Then it got where the only time I got a new book was as presents...I still read them until the last few I got...

I think I got rid of at least three books, Kings and Rices that I never read...in fact I was already looking into spiritual warfare and put Ann Rice's books out in the garage...I didn't think Kings were bad and didn't really think about all the other stuff I had...like I said before, I was blind.

I never watched any horror movies in front of Nate and he didn't know what I was reading...but gradually I got more and more away from it all anyway. Now when I watch TV, which isnt' often except for the news which is scrarey enough I might add...and find a horror movie, my first thought is oh cool a scarey movie is on...(I know I know...thick skulled I guess) then I sit there watching for ten minutes (usually I have already seen it though) but if its new...I will watch for awhile then think...why am I watching this mindless gorey junk? And I change the channel..

The other thing I got rid of was a crytal ball, actually I think it was just colored glass....got it at the state fair in a both where they sell dragons necklaces and wizards and that stuff. It had three dolphins holding it up..I kept the dolphins...they were ok but got rid of the ball.

And there was one more thing...
    It was a curfix necklace...no I was never Catholic...but there is story about this that I think is important...

At one time in my life I was very ill and I worn this necklace and put my faith in it rather then God...and the Lord told me how much that offended Him...so I put it in the trash...but a couple of days later before the trash was picked up, God said I could go get it back...He needed too see I would obey Him and not put something before Him....anyway I will explain more later.

Its NOT just the obvious 'bad things' we need to avoid...sometimes the very thing we think is harmless actually does the most harm...

God bless
    Julie

Blog Entries
    I guess I will finish talking to myself...lol...

I do want to point out while this thread is about demon influences...there is a flip side to this too...

In the little studying I have done there is a spiritual war going on all around us that we cannot see. Good things happen to that are unexplained...

For instance just awhile ago I was fixing left over for supper and Nate was out riding his bike...a 'thought' came into my mind that I needed to go check on him...he got a new bike yesertday (we had Christmas yesertday...another story...lol..a whole family events anyway) and its bigger then his old one. So I went out to check on him and was looking down the sidewalk and here he comes out of the garage...he had just got home and put his bike in there. He said he fell down and hurt his knee and looked like he was about to cry. His knee was just scratched up some but he was upset about it...

He said, I had to walk my bike all the way home by myself...awwww. So I helped him get in and he is eating supper now...(we just eat whenever on Sundays...have left overs).

All though his life even though I battle the 'bad thoughts' about him...I had many little warnings of when I needed to check on him...much more of those then the bad ones actually. I would be in the middle of cooking supper, or doing laundry, ...usually right in the middle of something and I would get either a feeling or urgent thought that I needed to check on him...and it NEVER failed I would get to him just before he got really hurt.

One time I was in the house on the phone with my mom and he was in an enclosed backyard...wooden privacy fence..couldn't get out..he was probably two at the time...I was going in and out checking on him while on the phone with her...I think I was cooking a meal so watching that too. Then suddenly I get this very urgent feeling to go check on him...so I quickly went outside thinking..there's nothing out here that could hurt him...boy was I wrong!

he was climbing up this slim piece of wood that had been put up for my mom's cat to go up and over this six foot privacy fence! Nate was on his hands and knees cliimbing up and almost half way up...below him was the grill and a cement sidewalk...that was a fall I didn't want to happen. I yelled and dropped the phone and went running...got him before he could fall.

There were so many of these unexplained things that I can't just write them off..and like I said, they still happen. He is watched out for...I think we all are..

There are always two sides to things so I didn't want us to all get too focused on the negative before I go on.

On the curifix necklace...long story on why this is important to me...it had nothing to do with any church or any people...I got it from an Indian peddling wares in Oklahoma when I was sixteen...for twenty bucks I think.

Later I used that necklace to reproduce it in clay that was fired then I painted it in gold...during the time I was in my room working on this cross...I was listening to the radio and playing Christian music on my record player...yea giving my age away...lol. They reported a whilwind going through town...traveling down the street and coming for our house. (this was a very small town by the way) our house was at the end of a road...my room was in the back of the house and I had patio doors leading out to a deck...my patio doors were open..I think it was spring time.

I was making this cross with Jesus on it for an art contest in school..and also I did have my faith. Well I got so hyper focused on working on this cross I barely noticed when the wind came into my room and literally picked up all my papers, trash and whatever and spun it around and around my room...I KNEW what is was and who was behind it...I just prayed and ingored it and kept working...I don't recall praying any thing special..and finally just as suddenly the wind died...and my cross with Jesus was finished...

Because of this I placed a special meaning in this necklace...I should have placed it in God though.

I rarely worn the curifix and only on special occasions....its very old...you can tell just by lookign at it.

Years later I develped a serizure disorder..yep I probably fix some of those accounts in the bible cause all testing showed no medical reason for my seizures.... I was having grand mal serizure and at first the drs thought they were real...and I was on tons of meds to control them...I could no longer work or even drive...

Then I got this dumb idea that if I worn that necklace it would remind me of God and I would be ok...well I was living in sin with a man...I wasn't excatly living a Godly life...and somehow I ended up putting my faith in that necklace and not God... Idol woship...though I didn't plan it and didn't realize it at the time either...then my faith in the necklace broke and the seizure came back...that is when I ended up going and have extensive testing done...no reason for any seizures it was all in my head they said...and said it was also common with certain types of abuse...

So I was taken off all of the meds and went home and never had a serizure again...but I was told even if I didn't have any more seizure if the root cause was not dealt with it would come out in some other physical way...which I refused to let happen. I still didn't realize what I had done concerning the cross.

I ended up leaving that man I was living with and moved back to my state and home and started over again...

It wasn't until Karen was saying to pray over things in my house to find out what I needed to get rid of did I discover the problem with the necklace. I hurt the Lord by placing my faith in it and not Him and offended Him...so I put it in the trash with the other stuff and begged for forgiveness. The other books, tapes, magazine and all didn't bother me near as much as hurting God with that necklace...that really made me feel terrible!

I put the necklace on top of all the garage bags with my horror junk in it..I thought maybe a trash man might want to give it to his wife ...the necklace itself was not bad..it was what I did with it that was a sin...

But then one morning when I was just waking up the Lord said I passed the test and could go get the necklace..I was uh? what? He was testing me...which I don't blame Him after what I did...to make sure I was really willing to give it up...it held alot of meaning for me...

I think this test was pretty minor compared to some other test in the bible you know! I felt very humbled going out to the dumpster to get it...I put it away and know now it may never hold the same feelings for me...which is probably good! It still carries some special stories with it...

So I am over my serizures for a long time now...never went to a delivance to get rid of them..never develped any other physical problems....things just keep getting better..

Concerning my son...while I rebuked evil spirits around him without him being aware of what I was doing...I got stuck with his huge anxiety/fear problems though...and in studying some scriptures for another post that someone put up...there is a verse where Jesus' follower were unable to cast out a certain demon in a child..Jesus was angry with them and then told them that this kind can only be done away through prayer and fasting.

So I prayed about it...if I should fast and pray for Nate to be rid of his terrible fears and anxieties and the Lord seemed to think that was the right thing to do...but I didn't know how I would do the fasting because of my low blood sugar problem (don't worry I was testing and have medical proof that is not all just in my head...)...I can't go more then two or three hours without eating...

Well to make a long story short (little late for that uh?) I did fast the other day WHILE working outside in 100 plus temp for five hours...don't worry I was dunking myself in the pool to keep cool. And I prayed of course while laboring and fasting and somehow it all worked.. Sometimes I can go longer without eating if I am working..werid...

I might not beable to fast for a whole day let alone days, but I did the best I could do...and I am noticing a change in Nate...he seems calmer...different somehow...I will keep you posted. And no, he has no clue I am doing these things...I don't want to frighten or confuse him as young as he is...

The main thing is its working by the grace of God.

God bless
    Julie

4Him Guest
    God Bless you Julie

My heart goes out to you and your son. You sound like a wonderful person and mother. You have come so far..praise be to God.

I would love to hear more on praying over the things in our home etc...when you have the time.

I too have had moments when it flashed in my head..."Go and check" to find that one of my children were about to be hurt. God is amazing isn't He?

And I look forward to hearing more of your story your sharing.

In His love
    Denise

Blog Entries
    Thanks Denise but I am no one special...just God giving me a HUGE wake up call. I got myself into this...and through the grace of God He will see me through..

I have to ask..how long did it take you to read through all these posts?

I don't do any special type prayers...I have read tons of special made prayers for this and that and spiritual warfare and well...they didn't do any good.

When I have a concern over lets say a toy or game or whatever that Nate wants...God just says, pray over it...so I do. Just make up something quick and simply...ask that any negative influences that might be there not bother Nate and begone in the Name of Jesus...

Takes less then a minute. I am not much for doing nice prayers like you see meipie do. I am short and sweet and too the point...BUT I spend ALOT of time just talking to God...just talking. If that is prayer...well then I guess you could say I pray alot..lol.

Its hard for me to even type prayers on here, cause I fumble around and want to make it sound good...but in my heart its usually just...

Lord watch over so and so and help them...

And that's about it...lol.

But I AWLAYS end my prayers with, 'in Jesus' Name I pray'...I do this because Jesus says, ask anything in my Name and it will be done..if its the will of the Father.

For me a prayer is not complete unless its ended that way.

I say the Lord's prayer to Nate everynight and then do an extra prayer for a good night's sleep and no bad dreams.

Nate has been plaged with horrible nightmares...alot of it due to his dad I am sure. Its getting better though..

God bless
    Julie

4Him Guest
    I have to ask..how long did it take you to read through all these posts?
    LOL well...about 25 minutes really...and I reread some..

I agree talking with God is praying. I found myself too, only praying when I "needed" something. Now I find myself praying for others, saying Thanks on a daily basis, praying about what I am concerned with...the list goes on. You know my gramma always use to say..."You can pray about anything, but never forget to say thank you to Him...even if the answers aren't what you want."

wiseishe Guest
    I"ve read some and have to say WOW, a major outlook for me I hope to get back and read more of them. So much to think about.

debidoot Guest
    moonglow I came across your thread earlier in the day today and was immediately drawn to it, but I have a 15, 5 and 3 yr old and had to tend to them before I could get back to finish all the postings. My 15 yr old was dx with adhd when he was 5. they rx'd him with all kinds of great drugs then finally began rxs to combat the long bouts of depression that came as a result of the stimulants. And he too dealt with hearing voices, and seeing things and sensing things about people and situations. I did not recommit my life the Lord Jesus until last October, a year ago. Prior to that mine and my sons experience with Christianity was attending Church twice a year. So basically my son had no real exposure to the Lord and I failed in my responsibility to raise him up in the Lord's ways. His father was only in the picture untill Todd, my son, was 18 months when we divorced. He then did alot of in and out of his life stuff for the next 8 years, mostly due to his addiction to speed, and the fact he was in prison for 6 of that 8. When Todd was eight years old he through a chair in a class room and for the next two years he was placed in a self contained classroom about the size of a jail cell. Then he entered 5th grade and placed back into mainstream. It was at that time when all the rx were only producing the same types of moods and behavior that I has seen in his father when he was strung out on speed that I took Todd off meds completely. For the next 4 years I lied to school officials and told him he was on meds so they would continue to leave him in school. He progressed, and did well except for the occasional stress related outburst. That is untill my now husbands boss invited us to go to his Church. We went and were so moved and rocked by the teaching that my husband and I both surrendered our lives to the Lord that day. Everything changed in an instant for my then 14 year old son. The oppositional defiant behavior began again, the sudden rages, everything that I had seen in my son as a small child manifested all over again, you note I use the word manifest. I dont' believe this was only teenage rebelion, not the things I was witnessing. Even he will tell you that these incidences we have experienced in the last year are of an evil spiritual nature. He will fly into a rage over trivial stuff and blurt out obsenities and hit walls, trees, whatever is in the way, and then be baffled as to why he does it. The thing that scares him is when he is in the 'eye of the storm' the tormenting thoughts he hears, or at least the ones he has shared with me later are heartbreaking, things like I don't love him and I never wanted to have a child, and others so bizarre that they could only be coming from one source, the enemy. But the thing that baffles me is he knows that these things are on him and the only answer is Jesus, but he refuses to surrender. He says he is a teenager and if he commits his life to Christ he won't be able to have fun like normal teenagers. I have tried getting him involved in Church youth groups, but I believe these spirits tell him the kids don't like him. So he won't get involved.

You spoke about cleaning out your house and I did that over the summer cause it was pointed out to me that by having these things I was giving the demon spirits the right to be in my home and the Lord was faithful in leading me to everything in my home that needed to be removed. But in one room of my house, there was still a feeling of heaviness I could not discern. I prayed and fasted and I could not tell what it was. One night after my son had unusually attended my hunsband and mine's Life Group where the topic of Spiritual Warfare came up in the discussion, Todd came home and walked into the room I mentioned. He asked me if this was the room that I still sensed something in and I told him yes, he walked around the room once and then went straight to a brass platter that hung on the wall and said "this is the problem" He said he didn't know what it was that was off about it, but that it was this platter. we stood under that platter for a few seconds looking up at it and then like a shot he said look at the pattern on the rim, and sure enough in the pattern around the rim at the top was what looked to be the a face of something that looked as close to a demon as I have ever seen depicted. At that moment I took it down and threw it in to the trash can outside.
    I want to know more about what I can do to help protect him from these tormenting spirits that seem to taunt him continually.

Blog Entries
    debidoot...I am so sorry I never saw your post on here... I tried sending you an email a while back though. I hope you come back to the board so we can help.

God bless
    Julie

Thread Information