cure-real
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Spiritual Warfare for our children

Blog Entries
    ComeLordJesus...I just now saw you had posted on here again....so sorry for the long delay....

The only thing I can think of is if you have cleaned your home? Something is leaving a 'door' open for them....you need to find it so you can be free of this. I honestly don't know why you can't be sucessful in rebuking these on your own...but something is standing in the way of it. Pray for the Lord to guide you in what to do. I know churches are suppose to help...but obivously they don't always like in your case...but I believe the Holy Spirit can work through even one person and set you free from this.

I will continue praying for you on this.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

hi

i just wanted to say to you that jesus name is above every name and he can heal every disease
    by the way as a tip may help you try changing your son diet to protein (esp barbequed fish ), all natural vegetables and all natural yogurt(plain ,whole no sugar added if he can tolerate it and no more than 170 grams per day ) ,no sugar , no bread(pasta or so forth ) ,no fruit esp the sweet ones, no chocolate ,add to that exercise ,ofcourse do all that as you enjoy it

by the way i always encourage using all natural food or supplement ( according to need )
    and you need to know that having too many disease labels because doctor(s) are not doing their job right

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steven7002 View Post
    i just wanted to say to you that jesus name is above every name and he can heal every disease
    by the way as a tip may help you try changing your son diet to protein (esp barbequed fish ), all natural vegetables and all natural yogurt(plain ,whole no sugar added if he can tolerate it and no more than 170 grams per day ) ,no sugar , no bread(pasta or so forth ) ,no fruit esp the sweet ones, no chocolate ,add to that exercise ,ofcourse do all that as you enjoy it

by the way i always encourage using all natural food or supplement ( according to need )
    and you need to know that having too many disease labels because doctor(s) are not doing their job right
    Thanks steven...not sure if you read through these thread or not but my son no longer rages anymore thanks to healing from God...so he doesn't need a diet change....there is no way, at age 13 he would go for this type of diet anyway. But thanks anyway.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries
    This is a really old thread. The child I posted about is almost 20 now with a child of his own!
    Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof5 View Post
    This is a really old thread. The child I posted about is almost 20 now with a child of his own!
    Its not that old!

I would like to keep it open though if that is ok for those that are really struggling with major behavior problems with their kids, if that is ok. I refer to this thread all the time on other newer posts and give the link to this one.

God bless

Encouragement to All...

As a mother that can relate to a lot of these things, I would like to say that as long as you make it your personal goal to keep your eyes focused upon the Lord and getting your family to heaven, one day you will look back and you will see that every bit of what took place is worth it all.

My children are grown now and I think back to some of the ADHA feelings of helplessness. Then about the type of Adult parents that they are today. They tell me know that everything I did ment a lot to them as far as the way that they turned out.
    Some of the things that have helped them, was I told them I was sorry for not doing my part, either by correcting then, going to church, monitoring toys or books, etc...But Now I had to change things and they would have to understand that they might not like it but one day it would be worth it all.
    Last edited by quiet dove; Jun 12th 2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: links removed

hi again

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    Thanks steven...not sure if you read through these thread or not but my son no longer rages anymore thanks to healing from God...so he doesn't need a diet change....there is no way, at age 13 he would go for this type of diet anyway. But thanks anyway.

God bless
    never mind about the part about he can heal every disease because your son is already healed
    i didnt read all the posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post

Now I have no problems doing it...if I see Nathan acting up...getting nasty, back talking or just upset...I quickly identfiy the 'mood' hence the spirit..whisper a reburking under my breath...he is not aware of it and within a few minutes he is calmer and not doong whatever he was doing...
    Do you mind telling me word for word what you say in the moment? I have tried praying over him, weeping, crying, wrestling with him when he's out of control in these rage like moments... it's very very scary and I feel out of control. We need help! He's on 300mg of lithium twice a day and they just added in straterra which seemed to he helping up until today (day 6 of the new med) when his rage/agression seems to be getting worse again.

I'm at such a loss with this. I need help desperately.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovendove View Post
    Do you mind telling me word for word what you say in the moment? I have tried praying over him, weeping, crying, wrestling with him when he's out of control in these rage like moments... it's very very scary and I feel out of control. We need help! He's on 300mg of lithium twice a day and they just added in straterra which seemed to he helping up until today (day 6 of the new med) when his rage/agression seems to be getting worse again.

I'm at such a loss with this. I need help desperately.
    Hi...sorry I just saw your post. straterra INCREASING anxiety...which is what sets off the rages. My son ended up back in the mental health hospital due to a very violent rage caused by this medication...breaking glass..kicking the phone out of my hand when I tried to call for help leaving a horrible bruise on my hand. Then the dumb hospital went and increased this medication... They did not help.

I just did a quick search on this medication and this warning came up:

WARNING

SUICIDAL IDEATION IN CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS

STRATTERA (atomoxetine) increased the risk of suicidal ideation in short-term studies in children or adolescents with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Anyone considering the use of STRATTERA in a child or adolescent must balance this risk with the clinical need. Co-morbidities occurring with ADHD may be associated with an increase in the risk of suicidal ideation and/or behavior. Patients who are started on therapy should be monitored closely for suicidality (suicidal thinking and behavior), clinical worsening, or unusual changes in behavior. Families and caregivers should be advised of the need for close observation and communication with the prescriber. STRATTERA is approved for ADHD in pediatric and adult patients. STRATTERA is not approved for major depressive disorder.

Pooled analyses of short-term (6 to 18 weeks) placebo-controlled trials of STRATTERA in children and adolescents (a total of 12 trials involving over 2200 patients, including 11 trials in ADHD and 1 trial in enuresis) have revealed a greater risk of suicidal ideation early during treatment in those receiving STRATTERA compared to placebo. The average risk of suicidal ideation in patients receiving STRATTERA was 0.4% (5/1357 patients), compared to none in placebo-treated patients (851 patients). No suicides occurred in these trials [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].

I would stop giving it to him and call the doctor right away. Too many times these kids appear to be better when starting on a new medication then they end up acting the same way or worse. I think the reason they seem better at first is because they are too doped up to act out.. Then their bodies adjust to the medication and it all started over again.

How old is your son? has he been dx with bipolar since he is on lithium?

Have you been shown how to safely restrain him so neither of you get hurt? I was shown how by my son's therapist. Restraining someone always risk injury and you don't want that to happen...yet not restraining them will almost guarantee someone gets hurt... I know, I have been there.

What I did with my son is rebuke the rage, then anxiety, the rejection...I would say 'be gone evil spirits or rage, hate, anger, pain, rejection and anxiety in the Name of Jesus and by the blood of Jesus'. If you can...do not do this with him hearing cause he will fight harder. When Nate was like this and I tried to even pray outloud he would physically attack me.

So what I would do is when I started seeing his mood go bad I would walk into another room (but where I could still keep an eye on him cause I never knew what he might do), then whisper the rebuke as quietly as possible.

The reason I added 'rejection' to this list is because alot of Nate's anger did come from feeling rejected by his dad who was emotionally abusive to him. And Nate was so sensitive to any kind of rejection...possibly feeling rejected by me because I was upset with his behavior (though of course I didn't reject 'him' at all) Alot of his anger and rage was deep, deep hurt too from his dad...but obviously there was more going on or this rebuking wouldn't have worked.

I am truly sorry you are dealing with all of this. Do let the doctor know what is going on...don't cut out medical and mental health either...those things can and do help..its just most of the time the spiritual isn't being addressed. My son still sees a therapist and a doctor for his medication..he still has an anxiety disorder so takes medication for that and still has ADHD and takes Clonidine for that...Clonidine doesn't increase anxiety like these other meds do but actually helps with anxiety.

Again I am sorry I didn't see your post sooner. If you post again and I don't reply, boot it back up so I will see it. I am praying for you!

God bless

Blog Entries

Thank you moderators for keeping this thread open

I realize this thread is very old but I have wanted it to stay open in hopes of helping people like lovendove. It took me a very long time to post all this information and to have to repeat it (and in a way re-live it) every time someone needs this kind of help, would be difficult. So thank you for keeping it open.

God bless
    Julie

Thread Information