Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't God save everyone?

Why doesn't God save everyone?

I don't mean to ask these huge, open-ended questions, but I really don't know how else to go about it. Maybe somebody can give me a short explanation so I can read more about it. All I could find on google was some site about amputees and it had some distorted views, in my opinion.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scottrick49 View Post
    I don't mean to ask these huge, open-ended questions, but I really don't know how else to go about it. Maybe somebody can give me a short explanation so I can read more about it. All I could find on google was some site about amputees and it had some distorted views, in my opinion.

Hmmmm, do you mean... Why doesn't God save everyone to include the people who don't believe in Him?
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

God saves everyone who asks. It is people's own free will that keep them from accepting him, or denying him.

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Love cannot be forced. If God forced everyone to love him than we would all be mindless robots. Love cannot exist without the possibility of someone choosing not to love. God loves us, and wants us to love him too

Welcome to the boards
    http://www.mychristiansite.com/personal/vision/ <-- My site. Check it out

http://www.freehovind.com Please sign the petition to pardon Kent Hovind.

in the Underground Realm where there are no lies nor pain...

That would be a good argument if God really was the one choosing... but He gives us that choice, it is up to us to decide. So if we go to hell it is our own fault. Otherwise if He sent everyone to heaven then there wouldnt be much reason to behave.
    "Death is not the end of life, but a change in life"

"Innocence is ugly
    to the one who is guilty"
    -10 Years

Holbrook Johnson: "Those who reason are lost."
    GK Chesterton: "Those who do not reason are not worth finding."

God being sovereign could indeed save everyone if that was His will. While this position (Universal Reconciliation) appeals to the emotions (personally I couldn't be more happier if God saved everyone), the Word of God clearly speaks of eternal judgment for those who do not believe. Romans 9:22-23 sheds some light on the question why God does not save everyone:

What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,

The riches of His glory refers to God's character or attributes. In order for God to fully display ALL of His "power" and "glory" it is needful that sinners be subject to His wrath and justice. On the flipside, saving some sinners also gives God an opportunity to display His mercy. If He condemns all then there is no mercy displayed even though God Himself is merciful. If He saves all then God's wrath is not displayed even though He is perfectly just. The display of God's wrath is directly linked to His "power" in Matt 10:28:

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able [du/namai] to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Cheers
    Leigh

He did the work to save everyone. A better question would be Why doesnt everyone accept God's plan of salvation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Job 34:19
    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Why does God save anyone?

“Why doesn't God save everyone?”

It makes more sense to ask why God saves anyone since no one deserves salvation, but I guess that’s why it’s called amazing grace.

Ephesians 2

4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
    5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

Blog Entries

He wants to save everybody. Seems like not everybody believes they need to be saved.

1st Peter 3:9: The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

blackbuckler Guest

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son for the
    salvation of all who are willing to partake of it. God loved...so he did
    something for us that He knew many of us would truly appreciate.

Just as God loved...and did something, likewise He has asked us to
    do the same back to Him. Once we have faith enough to accept Jesus
    as our Lord and Savior we are then told exactly what we are to do to
    show forth our love right back to God in John 14:15. Jesus says, "If
    you love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
    John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even
    as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

God loved us enough to do something for us, will we love him enough
    to do what He has asked us to do for Him?

...if not, then why should God save everyone?

Isa 50:2 "...Is My hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? Or have I no power to deliver? ..."

The simple, yet hard Truth is, it's not His will to save everybody, because everybody would then be saved. Now I know you've got kind folks here (who only mean well, I'm sure) quoting 2 Peter 3:9 and such, as proof that God is not willing for any to perish. But is that true? Is that what it really says? Or does it say He is long-suffering towards "us" not willing that any should perish? And if it does, ask yourself who is the "us" spoken of? Is it everybody? No, it can't be (not to mention that the context isn't even about salvation, but rather end times). Here's a link that will further explain this passage from a Biblical standpoint.

In our daily lives, we are all partaking in the fulfillment of the will of God and although it may seem like it's our freewill when doing our daily tasks, it's not. Just like Jacob's brothers, who of their own "freewill" sold him as a slave in order to get rid of him, who then went and told lies (again of their own freewill) to their father about the awful death that he suffered. Now, it's not until later on that we find out that it was God's intention for it to happened that way, in order that He may save "a great many people". [Gen 50:20]

Now if you understand what is being said, "You will say to me, Why then does He still find fault and blame us [for sinning]? For who can resist and withstand His will?" [Rom 9:19] To which Paul answered, "But who are you, a mere man, to criticize and contradict and answer back to God? Will what is formed say to him that formed it, Why have you made me thus?" [Rom 9:20]

Notice also, what Job concluded here. "I know that You can do all things, and that no thought or purpose of Yours can be restrained or thwarted."[Job 42:2] So think it through now, can a man's "freewill" contain the power to overide or "restrain/thwart" God's (so-called) will of not wanting anyone to perish? No, because salvation is of the Lord [Jon 2:9] - not man's ability to choose.

A good Q&A section can be found here.

In Him
    Guy

Quote Originally Posted by MailmanGuy View Post
    Isa 50:2 "...Is My hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? Or have I no power to deliver? ..."

The simple, yet hard Truth is, it's not His will to save everybody, because everybody would then be saved. Now I know you've got kind folks here (who only mean well, I'm sure) quoting 2 Peter 3:9 and such, as proof that God is not willing for any to perish. But is that true? Is that what it really says? Or does it say He is long-suffering towards "us" not willing that any should perish? And if it does, ask yourself who is the "us" spoken of? Is it everybody? No, it can't be (not to mention that the context isn't even about salvation, but rather end times). Here's a link that will further explain this passage from a Biblical standpoint.

In our daily lives, we are all partaking in the fulfillment of the will of God and although it may seem like it's our freewill when doing our daily tasks, it's not. Just like Jacob's brothers, who of their own "freewill" sold him as a slave in order to get rid of him, who then went and told lies (again of their own freewill) to their father about the awful death that he suffered. Now, it's not until later on that we find out that it was God's intention for it to happened that way, in order that He may save "a great many people". [Gen 50:20]

Now if you understand what is being said, "You will say to me, Why then does He still find fault and blame us [for sinning]? For who can resist and withstand His will?" [Rom 9:19] To which Paul answered, "But who are you, a mere man, to criticize and contradict and answer back to God? Will what is formed say to him that formed it, Why have you made me thus?" [Rom 9:20]

Notice also, what Job concluded here. "I know that You can do all things, and that no thought or purpose of Yours can be restrained or thwarted."[Job 42:2] So think it through now, can a man's "freewill" contain the power to overide or "restrain/thwart" God's (so-called) will of not wanting anyone to perish? No, because salvation is of the Lord [Jon 2:9] - not man's ability to choose.

A good Q&A section can be found here.

In Him
    Guy
    You got good well-meaning people quoting also 1 Timothy 2:4
    who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I guess I have been thinking about this because I have been going to a Calvinistic church lately. They believe that God and God alone chooses those who will be saved. I have been told that it is a mercy that ANY of us are allowed into heaven - so while God may not choose everybody, it is still a huge blessing that He chooses any of us at all. While I understand what they are saying, I have a hard time believing it at times.

I have also been told we are all created for the glory of God. I don't understand why God wouldn't make ALL of us believers in him if he is indeed the one who decides who is saved. It would seem to me that more people believing in Him would be more glorious.

I don't know. I need to read more.

Thanks for the input.

Christian Holzman Guest
    God is the Saviour of ALL MEN, especially those who believe

Heres my question: Why doesnt everyone beleive? I mean, you're just changing to get a life of love, so why not? You lose what? Drugs, drunkeness, sleeping around with people (for some people), but who needs that? All we need in this life is love.

And that ladies and gentlemen was a message brought to you by 365_days_gone.

I guess I have been thinking about this because I have been going to a Calvinistic church lately. They believe that God and God alone chooses those who will be saved. I have been told that it is a mercy that ANY of us are allowed into heaven - so while God may not choose everybody, it is still a huge blessing that He chooses any of us at all. While I understand what they are saying, I have a hard time believing it at times.

I have also been told we are all created for the glory of God. I don't understand why God wouldn't make ALL of us believers in him if he is indeed the one who decides who is saved. It would seem to me that more people believing in Him would be more glorious.

I don't know. I need to read more.

Thanks for the input.
    Well, of course rely on Scripture in the end, but you got a point in this line of thinking. First off, if all turned to God, then it would bring Him great glory. And to say that God would be glorified in condemning people and thus would send them to death without choice ignores the fact that God doesn't desire the death of anyone (Ezekiel 18:32). Furthermore, Scriptures say that God desires the repentance of all (2 Peter 3:9) and thus God is not quick to bring about the end. Why then, as it is conjecture by some that it doesn't refer to all people, does God have to wait? He could free them all right at that moment and be done with it.

Secondly, what glory, honestly, is it if one is forcibly chosen? And while many will object to this statement and try to nuance it, the fact is that they say even after regeneration, the person can not possibly choose to reject God and so there is no real free will. If I created a computer program that said how great I was, would it be glorifying to me? No.

Thread Information