cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Do animals sin? Examples provided.

  1. #1

    Do animals sin? Examples provided.

    These are just quick examples of animals and the "seven deadly sins".


    Lust - Dolphins. Dolphins and man are the only creatures that have sex just because they can, not for reproduction.
    Gluttony - Sheep. Sheep eat and eat and eat until their stomach literally explodes.
    Greed - Sharks, birds etc. When in the stomach some sharks will kill their brother/sister in order to eliminate any problems for being hungry or not getting enough food, same is true for birds.
    Sloth - Sloth. the three toed sloth is a very very lazy creature and does very little with itself.
    Wrath - Almost any animal in the world. Will fight for it's territory or over food or just for dominance.
    Envy - Lyre bird/parrots. Thee birds will imitate other animals or even inanimate objects in order to seek a mate.
    Pride - Animals that fight, have pride. They fight because they want to show the other animals how strong and better they are than the ones they have defeated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,278
    No. Animals do not know the law.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by VerticalReality View Post
    No. Animals do not know the law.

    That's not a very good reason. There are literally millions of people who have never even been taught or never even heard of God. So does that mean they don't sin cause the don't know any better?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottizzle View Post
    There are literally millions of people who have never even been taught or never even heard of God.
    Really? Where?

    And so you know, God's law is placed on our hearts and on our minds. You won't find a person who doesn't know that it isn't okay to kill somebody. They can choose to reject this, but they know it just the same.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by VerticalReality View Post
    Really? Where?

    And so you know, God's law is placed on our hearts and on our minds. You won't find a person who doesn't know that it isn't okay to kill somebody. They can choose to reject this, but they know it just the same.

    Are you kidding me? There have got to be tons of people that have never been taught. Africa, asia, South America... Tribes of people living deep in the jungles.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottizzle View Post
    Are you kidding me? There have got to be tons of people that have never been taught. Africa, asia, South America... Tribes of people living deep in the jungles.
    That is a common assumption based upon a lack of knowledge. There are Christians all over this world preaching the gospel, and there are Christian missionaries in every "hidden" part of this earth right now preaching the good news to people.

    This sort of comment is just a broad generalization that people just assume since they haven't really researched the topic.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by VerticalReality View Post
    That is a common assumption based upon a lack of knowledge. There are Christians all over this world preaching the gospel, and there are Christian missionaries in every "hidden" part of this earth right now preaching the good news to people.

    This sort of comment is just a broad generalization that people just assume since they haven't really researched the topic.

    Ok if there isn't millions if there isn't thousands if there aren't dozens, are you telling me not ONE person in the history of this world wasn't taught about God and his word and they didn't know wrong from right, they just did what they had to survive.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottizzle View Post
    Ok if there isn't millions if there isn't thousands if there aren't dozens, are you telling me not ONE person in the history of this world wasn't taught about God and his word and they didn't know wrong from right, they just did what they had to survive.
    Everyone can see God whether they want to admit it or not.

    Romans 1:18-21
    For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
    The Word says that everyone can see the attributes of God and the eternal power of the Godhead. In other words, nobody has an excuse, and nobody can say they haven't been taught about God.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by VerticalReality View Post
    Everyone can see God whether they want to admit it or not.



    The Word says that everyone can see the attributes of God and the eternal power of the Godhead. In other words, nobody has an excuse, and nobody can say they haven't been taught about God.

    Hm, well that answers my question, because I wasn't sure what God would do with the people who have never been taught! Thanks buddy

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottizzle View Post
    Hm, well that answers my question, because I wasn't sure what God would do with the people who have never been taught! Thanks buddy
    No problem at all.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by VerticalReality View Post
    No problem at all.

    Does this mean animals goto heaven too?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottizzle View Post
    Does this mean animals goto heaven too?
    I have no idea.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottizzle View Post
    These are just quick examples of animals and the "seven deadly sins".


    Lust - Dolphins. Dolphins and man are the only creatures that have sex just because they can, not for reproduction.
    Gluttony - Sheep. Sheep eat and eat and eat until their stomach literally explodes.
    Greed - Sharks, birds etc. When in the stomach some sharks will kill their brother/sister in order to eliminate any problems for being hungry or not getting enough food, same is true for birds.
    Sloth - Sloth. the three toed sloth is a very very lazy creature and does very little with itself.
    Wrath - Almost any animal in the world. Will fight for it's territory or over food or just for dominance.
    Envy - Lyre bird/parrots. Thee birds will imitate other animals or even inanimate objects in order to seek a mate.
    Pride - Animals that fight, have pride. They fight because they want to show the other animals how strong and better they are than the ones they have defeated.
    Animals do not sin because they are not at enmity with God. A sin is breaking God's law intentionally and willfully with hatred for their Creator. Read Romans 8

    Grace to you
    If we doubt or do not believe that God is gracious to us and is pleased with us, or if we presumptuously expect to please Him only through and after our works, then it is all pure deception, outwardly honoring God, but inwardly setting up self as a false [savior].... (Part X. XI) Excerpts from Martin Luther, Treatise Concerning Good Works (1520).

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottizzle View Post
    Does this mean animals goto heaven too?
    Animals will most definitely be on the new earth.

    It will be a glorified creation, just as in the days of Adam and Eve, only without even the potential for sin
    If we doubt or do not believe that God is gracious to us and is pleased with us, or if we presumptuously expect to please Him only through and after our works, then it is all pure deception, outwardly honoring God, but inwardly setting up self as a false [savior].... (Part X. XI) Excerpts from Martin Luther, Treatise Concerning Good Works (1520).

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Blaine, Washington, United States
    Posts
    143
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottizzle View Post
    These are just quick examples of animals and the "seven deadly sins".


    Lust - Dolphins. Dolphins and man are the only creatures that have sex just because they can, not for reproduction.
    Gluttony - Sheep. Sheep eat and eat and eat until their stomach literally explodes.
    Greed - Sharks, birds etc. When in the stomach some sharks will kill their brother/sister in order to eliminate any problems for being hungry or not getting enough food, same is true for birds.
    Sloth - Sloth. the three toed sloth is a very very lazy creature and does very little with itself.
    Wrath - Almost any animal in the world. Will fight for it's territory or over food or just for dominance.
    Envy - Lyre bird/parrots. Thee birds will imitate other animals or even inanimate objects in order to seek a mate.
    Pride - Animals that fight, have pride. They fight because they want to show the other animals how strong and better they are than the ones they have defeated.
    Animals don't sin because, well, they're animals. They do the things you listed not because they choose to be "bad" but because they use the natural instincts God gave them to survive. Animals don't have the capacity to reason and make choices like humans do. It's what seperates us from our pets.
    In memory of Corinne Joy Berndtson
    Nov. 15, 1999 - Nov. 14, 2003



    Some people's prayers need to be cut short at both ends and set on fire in the middle - Dwight L. Moody

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •