cure-real
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: Why did Satan leave heaven?

  1. #1

    Why did Satan leave heaven?

    Was Satan an angel?and if so why did he decide to leave heaven?

  2. #2
    Hi Todd, welcome to the boards, I'm glad you are here

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Cornwell View Post
    Was Satan an angel?and if so why did he decide to leave heaven?
    Yes, Satan is commonly referred to as a 'fallen' angel - meaning, he is an angel who rebelled and sinned against God. Angels have free-will (just like we do). He chose to disobey God. One-third of the other Angels also followed Satan and were cast out of heaven.

    Ezekiel 28:14-18

    You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so I ordained you.
    You were on the holy mount of God;
    you walked among the fiery stones.

    You were blameless in your ways
    from the day you were created
    till wickedness was found in you.

    Through your widespread trade
    you were filled with violence,
    and you sinned.
    So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
    and I expelled you, O guardian cherub,
    from among the fiery stones.

    Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,
    and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor.
    So I threw you to the earth;
    I made a spectacle of you before kings.

    By your many sins and dishonest trade
    you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
    So I made a fire come out from you,
    and it consumed you,
    and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
    in the sight of all who were watching.
    http://www.mychristiansite.com/personal/vision/ <-- My site. Check it out

    http://www.freehovind.com Please sign the petition to pardon Kent Hovind.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_born_again View Post
    Yes, Satan is commonly referred to as a 'fallen' angel - meaning, he is an angel who rebelled and sinned against God. Angels have free-will (just like we do). He chose to disobey God. One-third of the other Angels also followed Satan and were cast out of heaven.

    Ezekiel 28:14-18

    You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so I ordained you.
    You were on the holy mount of God;
    you walked among the fiery stones.

    You were blameless in your ways
    from the day you were created
    till wickedness was found in you.

    Through your widespread trade
    you were filled with violence,
    and you sinned.
    So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
    and I expelled you, O guardian cherub,
    from among the fiery stones.

    Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,
    and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor.
    So I threw you to the earth;
    I made a spectacle of you before kings.

    By your many sins and dishonest trade
    you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
    So I made a fire come out from you,
    and it consumed you,
    and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
    in the sight of all who were watching.
    Paul, the word satan just means adversary. If the above is your story and you're sticking to it, then you're going to have to explain why God and the The Angel of the Lord is also referred to as satan and adversary in scripture.

    Are you supposing that they too are fallen angels?

  4. #4
    Why would he do that, want so much more if heaven was so wonderful? Many people here on earth, who even serve God struggle with humanly things such as power and greed. We may stop and realize it, but that human way is still there. Would that happen in heaven?Are there any more fallen angels, now even?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Cornwell View Post
    Was Satan an angel?and if so why did he decide to leave heaven?
    What makes you believe Satan chose to leave heaven? He really had no choice in the matter...guess that blows the theory of his having a free will! Satan can only do what God permits.

    Lu 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
    Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
    Re 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

    RW

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central GA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_born_again View Post
    Hi Todd, welcome to the boards, I'm glad you are here



    Yes, Satan is commonly referred to as a 'fallen' angel - meaning, he is an angel who rebelled and sinned against God. Angels have free-will (just like we do). He chose to disobey God. One-third of the other Angels also followed Satan and were cast out of heaven.

    Ezekiel 28:14-18

    You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so I ordained you.
    You were on the holy mount of God;
    you walked among the fiery stones.

    You were blameless in your ways
    from the day you were created
    till wickedness was found in you.

    Through your widespread trade
    you were filled with violence,
    and you sinned.
    So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
    and I expelled you, O guardian cherub,
    from among the fiery stones.

    Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,
    and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor.
    So I threw you to the earth;
    I made a spectacle of you before kings.

    By your many sins and dishonest trade
    you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
    So I made a fire come out from you,
    and it consumed you,
    and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
    in the sight of all who were watching.
    The passage you quote here is talking of the King of Tyre, not Satan. It has been talked about in another thread which you have not visited yet. The first part in your own words is good though. You got the number right and the right idea of what happened. Satan asked to be equal to God and actually has declared himself god, but we all know that didn't work out very well for him. Never ask for a raise if you know you won't get it.

    hugh

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison Potter View Post
    The passage you quote here is talking of the King of Tyre, not Satan. It has been talked about in another thread which you have not visited yet. The first part in your own words is good though. You got the number right and the right idea of what happened. Satan asked to be equal to God and actually has declared himself god, but we all know that didn't work out very well for him. Never ask for a raise if you know you won't get it.

    hugh
    Thanks for pointing that out to me. I had read it before and when I put it together with Satan it seemed to have fit in my mind, but I may be wrong.

    Can you link me to the thread you mentioned? I would love to read it. Thanks!
    http://www.mychristiansite.com/personal/vision/ <-- My site. Check it out

    http://www.freehovind.com Please sign the petition to pardon Kent Hovind.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central GA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_born_again View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out to me. I had read it before and when I put it together with Satan it seemed to have fit in my mind, but I may be wrong.

    Can you link me to the thread you mentioned? I would love to read it. Thanks!
    http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=83673 Sorry it took so long had to find it figure out how to do it and that was after I traved a coupl states. Started out in NH went through MA and am now in CT at a picnic area. I think it didn't really get addressed till close to the end of the 2nd page, but it is in there.

  9. #9
    Thank ya brother
    http://www.mychristiansite.com/personal/vision/ <-- My site. Check it out

    http://www.freehovind.com Please sign the petition to pardon Kent Hovind.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Farmington, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    2,215
    ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “You were the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God;
    Every precious stone was your covering: The Sardis, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
    The workmanship of your tabrets and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created.

    The king of Tyre was anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so God ordained him.
    The king of Tyre was on the holy mount of God;
    The king of Tyre walked among the fiery stones.

    The king of Tyre was blameless in his ways
    from the day he was created
    till wickedness was found in him.

    Through his widespread trade
    he was filled with violence,
    and he sinned.
    So God drove him in disgrace from the mount of God,
    and God expelled The king of Tyre the guardian cherub,
    from among the fiery stones.

    The king of Tyre's heart became proud
    on account of his beauty,
    and he corrupted his wisdom
    because of his splendor.
    So God threw him to the earth;
    God made a spectacle of him before kings.

    By his many sins and dishonest trade
    he desecrated his sanctuaries.
    So God made a fire come out from him,
    and it consumed him,
    and God reduced him to ashes on the ground
    in the sight of all who were watching.

    Sorry, can't buy it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central GA
    Posts
    42
    The King of Tyre was a man. He had a house built for David and built a temple for King Solomon to give offerings to God which was requested by King Solomon in a letter he sent to the King of Tyre. He was above Kings and at that time in history was their gaurdian. Also if you claim this to be Satan he is talking of then Satan wasn't cast out or sinned against God until after Daniel. I suggest you look into things a little further.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central GA
    Posts
    42
    One more little point using the scripture you quoted here.

    So God made a fire come out from him,
    and it consumed him,
    and God reduced him to ashes on the ground
    in the sight of all who were watching.

    read it carefully... God reduced him to ashes. Past tense meaning already taken place, done, finished. So what you are saying is that Satan has been reduced to ashes and no longer exists, correct?

    hugh

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Farmington, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    2,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison Potter View Post
    The King of Tyre was a man. He had a house built for David and built a temple for King Solomon to give offerings to God which was requested by King Solomon in a letter he sent to the King of Tyre. He was above Kings and at that time in history was their gaurdian. Also if you claim this to be Satan he is talking of then Satan wasn't cast out or sinned against God until after Daniel. I suggest you look into things a little further.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you are addressing my post.
    Question: At what point was the King of Tyre in Eden?
    Question:At what point was he cast to the earth, and if he was cast to the earth, how did he get off the earth to begin with?
    I suspect you'll be telling me those things are metaphorical and I shouldn't take them so literally.
    I don't imagine that you would consider the possibility that this could be an overview of the entire existence of satan, from his creation to his being cast into the lake of fire, because, because after all, it clearly says 'King of Tyre' right there at the very beginning. And I should take literally.

    When Peter tried to convince Jesus that he would not die, Jesus turned and addressed the spirit who suggested it, saying 'get behind me satan'.
    Now we know that it was Peter that said it. So because it was Peter, should we then believe that Jesus was addressing Peter and not really speaking to or about satan?
    Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Matthew 16:22-23
    We can read all about the things the King of Tyre did, and if it's in the Word, I believe it. But the spirit driving the King of Tyre was who this passage was speaking of.
    The prince of Persia also hindered Michael the archangel from delivering a message to Daniel. Are we to think that the actual human being who was the prince of that empire at the time was able to hinder the angel Michael in any way? I think not. I think the prince being spoken of was one of those 'principalities and powers of darkness in high places' that Paul spoke of, specifically the one assigned to the Persian Empire.

    Without obvious condescension perhaps I could politely make the same suggestion you made:
    I suggest you look into things a little further.
    So what you are saying is that Satan has been reduced to ashes and no longer exists, correct?
    If you saw this in my post, then I would have to say 'yes', but since I didn't say or imply that, and it does not appear in my post, then I can only answer 'no'.
    read it carefully... God reduced him to ashes. Past tense meaning already taken place, done, finished.
    Sometimes God's Word speaks of future events as though they've already occurred:
    And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God. Revelation 21:2-3
    On another note:
    Now in my previous post I also did not in any way attack you or make any rude, condescending or derogatory statements about you. I don't think you are stupid or uneducated. Didn't even mention you, in fact, so there is no reason for you to have to defend yourself, or to feel offended by anything I wrote. I would appreciate your mutual respect.
    You stated what you believe, and you are free to say and to believe that.
    I have stated what I believe, and don't believe. I also am free to do that.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Emerging from the Wilderness
    Posts
    266
    I thought that the reason the Devil was cast out of Heaven was because he felt that he was "equal" to God. Instead of bringing angels to worship God he began to have them worship him?
    "I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
    -- (Psalm 18:1-2)

    "Those who wait on the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk ant not be weary" -- (Isaiah 40:31)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Farmington, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    2,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison Potter View Post
    I was told that the text that I tried to put in here was too long. Therefore I will just put the url for you to go to. Maybe you will listen to someone who has a name and is more knowlegable.
    The fact that he has a name is of little consequence. However, out of respect for you and him, I will take a look at it.
    A brief glance thus far has shown me this:
    This is one man, clearly well-educated, with a clearly stated agenda:
    The foregoing observations are prompted by meditation upon the theological notions regarding Satan. The lack of real examination of the Scriptures on this matter is especially notable, and the passages which have been forced to buttress the theory that Satan is a fallen angel are little short of a tragedy, both as regards method as well as results.
    His 'opponents' are the numerous men, equally educated, whose clear objective was to COLLECTIVELY translate the Word of God from Greek, Hebrew, Latin, to English.
    So we have one man with an agenda to debunk the notion of Satan being an angel cast out of heaven, and a group of men with an agenda to translate God's Word, who all agree with the translation they provided.

    Now I'll read through what this man with a name has to say.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •