cure-real
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Depart From Me Ye That Work Iniquity

A righteous man regards the life of his animal Pro. 12:10
    I don't know. I'll have to read through the Bible and see.
    There's not a single instance where Yahushua or the disciples ate unclean meat.

Consider that most of the Christians were Jewish converts who had been taught from birth that eating certain meats was against God's law.
    Try to keep in mind that Paul was the one who was called to witness to the gentiles also, so he wasn't just dealing with Jews only. He had to contend with all kinds of gnostic types also.

This had been the practice of their relatives for many generations. It makes sense that some who converted to Christianity, and who were then told that eating these meats was allowed, would have scrupples about it; and may even be scandalized to see other former Jews eating these meats. This subject was addressed by the Aposltes.
    Again, you won't find a single example of Yahushua or a disciple eating swine or shellfish.

He instructs the Jewish converts how to deal with this issue. What are they to do if certain Jews are "weak in faith" and do not feel comfortable eating meat?
    He wasn't addressing the Jews in Rome. He was sent to the gentiles. Look at the beginning of Romans in chapter 1 who he was addressing...

13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

Paul answers this in the book of Romans, where he tells them that nothing is unclean of itself, but that if eating meat scandalizes a brother, it should be avoided for the sake of the one who is weaker in faith. He respects the erroneous consience of the one who is weaker in faith, since the conscience was formed according to a law of God that has now changed. He realizes that it make take some time - and a strengthening of faith - before the erroneous conscience is corrected. After all, eating meat is not contrary to the natural law, but was a dietary law that God gave to the Jews, kind of like the one He gave Adam.
    Paul was talking about the gnostic converts who were into abstaining from all meat. He wasn't making unclean meats clean. Unclean meats aren't even considered food... they are what they are, which is are filters for lots of trash/toxins that accumulate a lot of toxins in their systems, which you consume if you choose to eat unclean meats.

God forbade Adam from eating the forbidden fruit to test his obedience. Similarly, God gave the Jews their dietary laws to test their obedience, and to separate them from the Gentiles. These laws are not part of any law of nature, and as such can and did change.
    You honestly believe that YHWH gave all the dietary laws out of trying to put a heavy yoke on the Israelites verses giving them the distinctions of clean and unclean out of wanting to give them what's best for their health/well being? They are a part of laws of nature as you can see from what I wrote earlier about how prolific trichinea infestation from swine is, plus, if shellfish and unclean fish like Tuna are so safe, then why do doctors tell pregnant women to stay away from them?

But at first many of the Jews had a problem adjusting thier conscience to such a change, and this is what Paul addresses below:
    He wasn't addressing Jews, they were gentiles in Rome.

Romans 14: "Now him that is weak in faith, take unto you: not in disputes about thoughts. For one believeth that he may eat all things: but he that is weak, let him eat herbs. Let not him that eateth [meat], despise him that eateth not: and he that eateth not [meat], let him not judge him that eateth. For God hath taken him to him.... he that eateth [meats], eateth to the Lord: for he giveth thanks to God. And he that eateth not [meats], to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth thanks to God. ... But thou, why judgest thou thy brother? or thou, why dost thou despise thy brother? ... Let us not therefore judge one another any more. But judge this rather, that you put not a stumblingblock or a scandal in your brother's way. I know, and am confident in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean of itself; but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. For if, because of thy meat, thy brother be grieved, thou walkest not now according to charity. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. It is good not to eat flesh, and not to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother is offended, or scandalized, or made weak. Hast thou faith? Have it to thyself before God. Blessed is he that condemneth not himself in that which he alloweth."
    This passage is speaking specifically about the eating of meat(clean meats) verses eating vegetable only. He was addressing the gnostic idea of abstaining from meat. The gnostic converts were weaker in their faith b/c they were into practicing abstaining from all meats as an act of faith, which is not in agreement with Torah. They were taking the meats that YHWH made to be food and were making them out to be unclean. Here's a link that talks about the practices of the gnostics...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic...itual_practice

... as you can see they, were into the combination of abstaining from meat and sex/marriage thus the verse where Paul speaks of this practice...

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils (YHWH's Word is not a doctrine of devils);... Forbidding to marry, [AND (AND... meaning in combination) commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving (YHWH shows in His Torah what meats were created to be recieved with thanksgiving)of them which believe and know the truth.

I challenge you to try and use nothing but Yahushua's or the other Apostle's writings, without using Paul's writing's, to prove that unclean meat is a good thing and that YHWH didn't really know what He was doing when defining clean and unclean meats. If Paul is saying what you think he's saying then it shouldn't be hard for you to make your point with the word's of the Messiah or the other Apostles.

As also in all [his(Paul's)] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 2 Pe. 3:16

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jesusinmyheart View Post
    If i'm in error on His name, please do show me.
    Yahshua is the correct spelling... the commong renditions of Y'shua and Yeshua are results of the 'ineffible' name paranoia that sprang among the Jews. Because of this, any of the names containing the MOST HIGH's name have been hidden. The correct pronunciation of the NAME was preserved, however, in many name of the prophets and the famous word of praise; Hallelu~YAH.

The spelling of such names is not important... this is called transliteration... if we spell it eeahooay and it is still pronounces YAHWEH. then sobeit.

That said, changing the name to Yeshua takes the Father's name from the SON... and this should not be so.

Makes sense. I wondered about this before.
    Jer 6:16 Thus says the Lord: Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls.
    2Jn 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
    If it's not done out of unselfish love, then it's hardly righteous.
    http://disciple2yeshua.wordpress.com/

Re: Depart From Me Ye That Work Iniquity

.........Bump !

Thread Information