The Lord Jesus set me free from my commitment to follow Christ and the covenant I made with my mouth to not cuss to rely on Him and the New Covenant all the time for helping me to live as His.

I had picked up the habit of cussing out loud to let off steam at work when no one was around at the warehouse that I had managed for a business. One day, I picked up a pamphlet from Bill Rudge Ministries that convicted me of the words of my mouth. But on the back, it led me to make a covenant with my mouth which I had applied to never cuss like that again at the warehouse or anywhere.

The very next day, I was worse than I ever was before. Thoughts filled my head, "You are not His. If you were His, He would have helped you to keep your covenant."

I had stopped listening to the devil, but being at my wit's end, I prayed to God, asking Him why He wasn't helping me to do this. I had prayed " You know I don't want to do this."

A small still voice; not audible, is about all I can describe it, but I heard Him say "You made the covenant. You said you were going to do it. I made the Covenant and I said I am going to do it. All I ask from you is to believe in Me."

I was humbled that day as He had set me free to rest in Him to deal with my cussing habit. And He did. It eventually went away.

Then Promise Keepers movement came into the valley, leading men to make promises to be good husbands and good fathers and leaders in the church and community, and I became alarmed for my brothers in Christ. I had gone to two Bible studies at that time, unrelated to my Presbyterian church that I was a member of. One group had men that had gone to this PK convention, saying they made promises to each other to help one another be accountable in keeping those promises to each other. They did not make those promises to God, because they know better than that.

The other Bible studies had men that said the opposite of their trip to this same Promise Keeper's convention in Pittsburgh where they said that they made promises to God, but not to men, because men can't be around all the time to help them be accountable in keeping those promises.

I never went to one PK Convention and I know it was about making promises to both God and men. I had seen those seven promises listed, and those are His work that we are supposed to be trusting Him to do in us.

As I tried to warn my brothers in one Bible study, one Catholic/mason said "Isn't a commitment like a promise? Sure it is." And that was when I realized how double-minded I was in living the christian life.

I was led to make that commitment to follow Christ in high school in making Jesus as Lord of my life. I was a believer in Jesus Christ, but my Sunday school teachers seemed to think that more was needed from me to make Jesus Lord of my life. Ever since then, I had been doing the best I can keeping that commitment to follow Christ and failing. I would ask Jesus for help, He would help me, and then I would show my appreciation, by doing the best I can keeping that commitment to follow Christ. So like a yo yo, I was miserable in trying to keep that commitment to follow Christ as it was vanity. Galatians 3:1-3 All those years, I felt like a fraud. Twice I had quit being a deacon because of it.

It was in that Bible Study that I have finally applied what He had taught me about the covenant with my mouth to my commitment to follow Christ and so right then and there, I confessed my sin to that Catholic/Mason brother in the group and said that I will no more speak of my commitment to follow Christ so that my faith in Him helping me to follow Him can be seen as He is the power for living the christian life. He is the One that helps me follow Him because of His New Covenant to me; nothing I vowed.

I have gotten to know Him and the power of His resurrection in following Him when I rely on Him all the time because of all His promises to me as my Good Shepherd. 1 John 3:3 & Galatians 5:1 & Galatians 5:5 Philippians 1:6-11 & 2 Timothy 4:18

I cannot speak of myself of my commitment to follow Him ( John 5:31 & John 7:18 ) if I desire to be a Witness of Him of my hope & faith and confidence and trust in the Son of God for all things so that sinners may also have that hope, faith, confidence and trust in Him to do the same for them, especially when sin has dominion over their lives.

God's words says He will not help us keep our vows, promises, nor commitments. Numbers 30:2 Ecclesiastes 5:4-6 because they are the works of our hands and will cause our flesh to sin for by that vow, promise, or commitment is the knowledge of sin. His work can only be done by faith in Him to do it ( Matthew 5:36 & Hebrews 11:6 & Psalm 100:3 & Psalm 118:8 & Ephesians 2:8-10 & John 6:28-29 )

That is why it is written that the just shall live by faith.

So I thank the Lord for forgiving me of making those religious bondages when I should have been ceasing from my work to rest in Him for living as His; Hebrews 4:1-3 & Hebrews 4:9-11 I thank Him for setting me free and I thank Him for forgiving me for leading others into that same commitment to follow Christ and I had asked Him to set them free in forgiving me.

I lean on Him to help me share what He has done for me so that others may rely on Him all the time for dealing with addictions or habitual sins or just for getting through the day as His disciple since He, as our Good Shepherd, is within us and is with us always. 2 Corinthians 13:5

I trust Him as my Friend in helping me to live as His friend and I thank Him that I trust Him to keep me as His friend too so that by abiding in Him and His words in the KJV, by His grace & by His help, He will have me ready to go when He comes as the Bridegroom to take me to the Marriage Supper to be held in His honor above at the rapture event.