cure-real
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Bible has a close Hebrew/Greek Translation

What Bible has a close Hebrew/Greek Translation

I like the KJV of the bible ... but I want to know what Bible out there has a very close Hebrew/Greek/English interpretation out there?

I want to read something very close to the ORIGINAL writtings.
    Where it might have the hebrew word with the english word right next to it ...

Is there anything out there like this?

If so can you post the link to a website or book .. like at amazon.com or something of that nature ..

Thanks !!!

For instance ... I know in
    Psalms 8: It says he made us a little lower than the Angels ..

but when you read the hebrew word for angels in this context .. it should have said Elohim ... "he made us a little lower than the Elohim" .. not angels ...

but I don't want to read my KJV and then run and read my Hebrew Concordance..... I want some combined together in one book ... but it translate the Original Hebrew and Greek ... but also gives me the REAL ENGLISH WORD.

Blog Entries
    The NASB is about the closest you will get to that kind of translation...that and the original manuscripts themselves.
    God happens!
    'I Can Only Imagine'

Bless the Beasts and the Children:
    http://youtu.be/AhR36gV6vW4

On cautionary note:
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectPeter
    When they say something... it is about anyone's guess what it is they really mean... but NEVER ask for clarification of their mysterious language... they are often very happy to give it and that's when the discussion goes FREAKY!

Quote Originally Posted by slightlypuzzled View Post
    The NASB is about the closest you will get to that kind of translation...that and the original manuscripts themselves.
    Will this have the Hebrew writing inside too? With the correct Word?

Young's Literal Translation is a very good resource for that purpose.

It is available on www.biblegateway.com as one of the translations you can choose from.
    WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
    securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Quote Originally Posted by Next Level View Post
    I like the KJV of the bible ... but I want to know what Bible out there has a very close Hebrew/Greek/English interpretation out there?

If so can you post the link to a website or book .. like at amazon.com or something of that nature ..

Thanks !!!
    You need an interlinear bible. Here's a link to one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Interlinear-Bi...1670803&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Out View Post
    You need an interlinear bible. Here's a link to one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Interlinear-Bi...1670803&sr=8-1
    Good call.

Here is the one I have and have found quite beneficial:

http://www.amazon.com/Interlinear-KJ...1671123&sr=1-1
    WDJD - what DID Jesus do

He died on a cross for our sin and rose from the dead,
    securing, for all who believe, eternal life and forgiveness of sin

Toolman

Youngs Literal translation is the best for this. This is what I read every day, you can find it online at barnes and nobles.

Trust me, you're much better off sticking with the King James and going to the concordance (try this free computer software, e-Sword, where you can just move your mouse over a word and get the full concordance definition).

Modern translations of the Bible that seek formal equivalence include the New American Standard Bible, the English Standard Version (the King James Version also seeks formal equivalence, albeit to 17th-century English) and Green's Literal Translation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_equivalence

punk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Next Level View Post

Thanks !!!
    Unfortunately there are really no good translations of the Bible into the English language.

In English, no attempt has ever really been made to convey the styles of the originals, so everything ends up in a uniform liturgical tone which makes all the books sound more or less the same (which they absolutely are not stylistically).

The English-language Bibles have all the style and passion of smug and comfortable English aristocrat.

If you know German on the other hand, then you could try Buber's translation of the OT. This is a very surprising translation as the OT becomes exciting with heights of passion and depths of suffering, that one would never suspect lurked there from the boring English translations.

Luther's OT is quite good stylistically as well (German again).

Stylistically, the KJV turned the Bible into a uniform mess of liturgical renaissance poetry, and things have gotten worse from there.

Blog Entries
    At the top RH side of every page of the MB is a Bible Search you can read all the different translations from here, I personally enjoy the WEB World English Bible
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

New Jerusalem Bible-Readers Edition is a great translation

it keeps the Hebrew words like Yahweh, Sheol, El Shaddai....

it's the Catholic canon (contains the Apocrypha), but do not worry, there is no Catholic doctrine really in it

basically just the text and it has hundreds of bold headings which tell you what you are about to read and these are very specific and great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    New Jerusalem Bible-Readers Edition is a great translation

it keeps the Hebrew words like Yahweh....
    Yeah, except that that's not a Hebrew word...

Quote Originally Posted by Braves27 View Post
    Trust me, you're much better off sticking with the King James and going to the concordance (try this free computer software, e-Sword, where you can just move your mouse over a word and get the full concordance definition).

I know this is your opinion but why would you say KJV?

Thread Information