cure-real
Page 1 of 13 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sin does not separate us from God!

Sin does not separate us from God!

I've been taught all my life that sin would keep me from God but this is one of the deceiver's biggest lies. It's simply not biblical. Shame keeps us from God not sin.
    My King of Hearts beats your jack of clubs!

"Both read the Bible day and night;
    but you read black where I read white."
    ~William Blake

The Greasiest of the Greasiest of the Greasy Grace Folks

"The Law actually broke itself when it killed an innocent man"
    Seth Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by mikebr View Post
    I've been taught all my life that sin would keep me from God but this is one of the deceiver's biggest lies. It's simply not biblical. Shame keeps us from God not sin.
    with that logic if someone sinned but was happy with that sin and felt no shame they are not seperated from GOD...

that logic, in my opinion, is flawed!

Good point! Adam, in shame, hid from God. But God went looking for Adam and redeemed him.

But sin is what separates the unbeliever from God. Once his sin problem is dealt with, he can enter into God's presence.

Blog Entries
    I had to read this a couple of times to understand what you were saying so bear with me if I am wrong.

Sin separates us from our fellowship with the Lord, however shame of having sin keeps us away. It's sad when someone doesn't just humble themselves, get before God and say, "I'm sorry. I was wrong."
    1 John 1:9-"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Good point! Adam, in shame, hid from God. But God went looking for Adam and redeemed him.

But sin is what separates the unbeliever from God. Once his sin problem is dealt with, he can enter into God's presence.
    If sin separates the unbeliever from God how does he ever become a believer? Jesus hung out with sinners, He told the woman caught in adultery that He did not condemn her.

~William Blake

Seth Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    with that logic if someone sinned but was happy with that sin and felt no shame they are not seperated from GOD...

that logic, in my opinion, is flawed!
    You wrongly assume that someone would be happy in their sin. I can enjoy sin and not be happy with it. I'm sure that if I had sex with someone other than my wife that I would enjoy it but I wouldn't be happy with it. But if I did it wouldn't separate me from God but my shame may make me hide in the bushes.

~William Blake

Seth Dahl

If sin separates the unbeliever from God how does he ever become a believer? Jesus hung out with sinners, He told the woman caught in adultery that He did not condemn her.
    The same way Adam did... when God seeks them out and they respond to his seeking.

You are right, he did not condemn the woman caught in adultery. But he rightly recognized she was born into condemnation.

John 3:17-18

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    KJV

You wrongly assume that someone would be happy in their sin. I can enjoy sin and not be happy with it. I'm sure that if I had sex with someone other than my wife that I would enjoy it but I wouldn't be happy with it. But if I did it wouldn't separate me from God but my shame may make me hide in the bushes.
    then maybe you could explain more fully what you mean by 'shame' seperating us from GOD...

Quote Originally Posted by karenoka27 View Post
    I had to read this a couple of times to understand what you were saying so bear with me if I am wrong.

Sin separates us from our fellowship with the Lord, however shame of having sin keeps us away. It's sad when someone doesn't just humble themselves, get before God and say, "I'm sorry. I was wrong."
    1 John 1:9-"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

1 John 1:9 was written to the Gnostics who believed that they didn't sin. John was telling them that they had to believe they were sinners to be forgiven of sin. It is a justification principle not a sanctification principle.

~William Blake

Seth Dahl

The same way Adam did... when God seeks them out and they respond to his seeking.

You are right, he did not condemn the woman caught in adultery. But he rightly recognized she was born into condemnation.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    KJV

And in relation to the o.p. the next 3 verses of this passage are what was brought to my mind:

19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."
    Our destiny is to find our identity within the circumference of His identity--to express His nature, character, etc. ever revealing more of Him. ~ R&D Prinzing

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    then maybe you could explain more fully what you mean by 'shame' seperating us from GOD...

When a person sins they may feel that God has broken fellowship with them which is just not true. This feeling, shame, may make them believe that they are unworthy of God's blessings when in reality God continues to bless them. Sin is not an issue with the believer. Past, present and future sins are forever taken care of.

~William Blake

Seth Dahl

.... He told the woman caught in adultery that He did not condemn her.
    But let's not forget that in the very same verse, He told her to sin no more.

John 8:11 - She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”
    http://www.mychristiansite.com/personal/vision/ <-- My site. Check it out

http://www.freehovind.com Please sign the petition to pardon Kent Hovind.

When a person sins they may feel that God has broken fellowship with them which is just not true. This feeling, shame, may make them believe that they are unworthy of God's blessings when in reality God continues to bless them. Sin is not an issue with the believer. Past, present and future sins are forever taken care of.
    but your mere comment of 'sin does not seperate us from GOD' is just a lie...

its not whether we feel shame about a sin that seperates us... its unrepented sin...

i think i know what you are saying...

i think you are saying that continued shame about a repented sin can still seperate us... which on a level i agree with....

but sin DOES seperate us...

KJV
    Why do you suppose that Jesus didn't tell her about this condemnation that she was born into?

~William Blake

Seth Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_born_again View Post
    But let's not forget that in the very same verse, He told her to sin no more.

John 8:11 - She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”
    Suppose that He had told her "you sorry whore, go and sin no more." Which do you suppose would have had a lasting effect?

~William Blake

Seth Dahl

Thread Information