OK, I know that there are so many varieties of theology. But most consider Arminianism and Calvinism to be the poles. So, let's see where most consider themselves to lie. Now, just a little background, for those who are not familiar with their theologies:
Calvinism holds to a few distinctives worth mentioning:
- regeneration first, then you are able to believe
- unconditional election (chosen by God). We do not choose God, he chooses us.
- perseverance of the saints (a form of eternal security - salvation cannot be "lost")
Arminianism holds to:
- faith first, which leads to regeneration.
- we choose God - faith is our own, not a gift
- we can lose our salvation if we do not persevere in good works. Some say that it's not a matter of good works, but of turning from God to follow the world
- 5 middle of the road
So, where do you lie on this spectrum?
3 John 4 - "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children walk in the truth.