Welcome to "Educating Our Children"! We're so glad you stopped by!
We are a group of parents and educators who are interested in discussing educational options for our children. We are not here to espouse any one type of education or educational system, but would like to exchange ideas and give mutual encouragement to each other to help our children succeed academically.
We would like to keep debating to a minimum here; kind, open, and loving discussions regarding different educational styles and options are always welcome! However, we know that many of us tend to be passionate about the work we are doing with our children, and sometimes that passion can translate into rather heated "discussions". So if there is a thread that is getting too combative in tone, we'll be jumping in to edit, delete, or close it down if necessary.
We trust that will not happen, though, and again, welcome all of you here! Some topics for discussion that we encourage might be:
- Curriculum choices for homeschoolers
- Dealing with schoolyard problems for public and private schoolers
- Extracurricular activities--what and how much
- Homework questions or problems
- Special needs educational challenges
- Other topics of interest that come to mind!