PDA

View Full Version : How Jesus Fulfilled the Law

sulfurdolphin
Sep 18th 2007, 02:55 AM
Through this study I want to point from a reference of truth the scriptures, as Jesus being found in the passover.

There has been alot of confusion of exactly what the Law (Torah) is.
Was the law fulfilled by Jesus, and then nullified onto the cross?

I believe as Christians if we sincerely dig through the Scripture God will show us how the Law (Torah) was not nailed onto the cross but what was nailed onto the cross were our sins.

God shows us through the book of Matthew "Dont think that I have come to abolish the Torah or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete. Yes indeed! I tell you that until heaven and earth pass away, not so much as a yud or a stroke will pass from the Torah not until everything that must happen has happened.

But what was exactly completed? when Jesus yelled out "IT IS FINISHED" which i believe Jesus has given us a clue to what was fulfilled and completed!

Jesus words "It Is Finished", were the actual Messainic Prophecies written in the Old Testament, pertaining to Him,this aspect of His character He completed and fulfilled before the cross and on the cross.

The law is good for us Christians to read and research in order for us to understand the Messiah, Jesus. It also helps us understand who Jesus is, in the law especially in the Eternal Feast. The Feast of Passover which is one of the eternal feast, is found in Exodus 12, here you will find an
in-depth outline on how to properly prepare and to conduct the passover.

It is very important for us Christians to realize the symbolism of the passover and its connection to the Messiah.

Here i will give scripture of the passover in how Jesus fulfilled the Law (Torah).

Exodus 12:5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year.

Peter 1:19 With the precious blood of Christ as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

Leviticus 23:5 on the fourteenth day of the first month at twilight is the Lord's Passover.

Exodus 12:6 Then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it at twilight.

"John 19:16 Jesus died on the ninth hour about 3:00pm on the day of passover on the fourth day of the week Wednesday.

The Messiah was in the tomb for three days and three nights [72] hours Matthew 12:40 and 12:39.40 so counting three days from the time HE was placed in the tomb on the evening of the 5th Day we count:

1. The evening of the 5th Wednesday night, the daytime of the 5th thursday.

2. The evening of the 6th Thursday night, the daytime of the 6th friday.

3.The evening of the 7th friday night the daytime of the 7th (Sabbath Day). at the completion of three nights and three day cycles we end up at dusk at the conclusion of the sabbath, beginning on the first day- the day of first fruits, when Jesus was resurrected."

http://www.tntrevealed.org/booklets.cfm?c=1 The Torah and the Testimony Revealed. In Quotations are not my words but of the Author.

Exodus 12:46 It must be eaten inside one house take none of the meat outside the house. Do not break any of the bones.

John 19:36 these things happened so that the scriptures would be fulfilled. "Not one of His bones will be broken".

Exodus 12:22 Take a bunch of hyssop dip it into the blood in the basin and put some of the blood on the top and on both sides of the door frame.

John 19:29 A Jar of wine vinegar was there so they soaked a sponge in it put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus lips.

Exodus 13 The Lord said to Moses consecrate to me every first born male. The first offspring of every womb among the israelites belongs to me wheter man or animal.

Luke 2:23 As it is written in the Torah every first born male is to be cosecrated to the Lord.

Leviticus 16:27 The bull and the goat for the sin offerings whose blood was brought into the most Holy Place to make atonement must be taken outside the camp.

Jesus was taken outside of Jerusalem and crucified on Golgotha.

Deuteronomy 21: 22,23 IF a man is guilty of a capitol offense is put to death and his body is hung on a tree you must not leave his body on the tree over night.
Be sure to bury him that same day because anyone who is hung on a tree is under God's curse.

John 19:31 Now it was the day of Preperation and the next day was to be a special sabbath. Because the Jews did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath.

Galations 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curst for us (for it is written, Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree") that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

I hope this has blessed everyone and has made people think about what the Law is and how it was fulfilled by the Messiah.

Michael

quiet dove
Sep 18th 2007, 03:03 AM
I am going to swing this over the Bible Chat. :)

Teke
Sep 18th 2007, 04:04 PM
Jesus is the fulfillment of perfect worship. The holy scriptures (law, Torah, NT) are part of the tradition of worship in the church.