PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe that Demons exist?

Taryn
Sep 25th 2007, 04:38 PM
Hi, my name is Taryn. I like reading other peoples opions. You can learn alot from them. I believe that demons exist. How strong do you think they are? Just wondering!

Taryn :monkeyd::bible::monkeyd::crazy:

Phil Fourie
Sep 25th 2007, 06:38 PM
Taryn

You alway ask the coolest questions;)

I am in the deliverance ministry and yes you are correct, they do exist, believe me, they are also very busy:D

Regarding how strong they are, their power is not to be taken lightly, especially for people who do not have authority in Christ.

BUT

If you are a born again christian and you live in the light of His glory, you shouldn't have any worries;)

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luk 10:18-19

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Rev 12:11

Tomorrow when I am at my other computer with my bible stuff on, I will post 'n nice revelation of my own the Lord gave me regarding Ephesians 6;)

God bless
Phil

roshkoch
Sep 25th 2007, 08:36 PM
I've seen one and felt the presence of many others ... it is a long and complex and drawn out story that I cannot really get into (out of respect for some of the people involved in the story). But yes, I believe they exist.

BlessedAngel
Sep 25th 2007, 08:40 PM
I know they exist; it says so in the bible. And I have seen a few, and felt many, not a good experience I might add.

BuffaloSoldier
Sep 26th 2007, 12:12 AM
can't say that i do

anglican-cat
Sep 26th 2007, 01:10 AM
can't say that i do
Greetings Buffalo Soldier. First off I am a BIG Reggae fan so I dig that avatar! Secondly, I do not feel demonic activity is as common as some. I mean go outside and more gnats will bother you than demons. Having said this I have read some of your posts and you strike me as a thoughtful thinking Christian, the Bible tells us about Fallen Angels/Demons as a Christian who accepts the word on what basis do you reject the reality of the demonic? Grace and Peace.

Tennis Guy
Sep 26th 2007, 01:24 AM
Yeah they exist. And they only have as much power as you give them. So, no worries there because Jesus' name is absolute power, and if you command them to leave you in His name, they really don't have a choice.

Taryn
Sep 26th 2007, 01:25 AM
Phil Fourie thanks. I will try to read what you write on Ephesians 6. Personally that is one of my favorite chapter in the Bible especially Ephesians 6:12.

May god bless you and show you his will.

Taryn
Sep 26th 2007, 01:32 AM
Hi, we meet again! Well I must say that I know that demons exist. Please explain what you meant by your message. I don't know if it means you don't believe that they exist or if you had never felt, seen, or sensed a demon?

But if you meant that you don't believe they exist can you please tell me why?:dunno: I don't want to get in an agruement I just want to know what gave you the idea they don't. P.S. I f you meant that you had never felt, seen, or sensed a demon than please ignore this paragraph.

Just wondering.
God bless you and show you his will.

Taryn:monkeyd::bible::monkeyd::crazy:

Taryn
Sep 26th 2007, 01:42 AM
O, Just one more thing. Demons and Satan and death have no hold one me since I was born again. I am so grateful that Jesus saves.

Always remeber this verse!
This is from KJV the only Bible I use. But I think you aready know that if you had read my KJV what do you think about it thread.

1 Corinthians 15:58, O Death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victioy?

Mark 5 is a good place to read about demon possesion.

enarchay
Sep 26th 2007, 02:00 AM
I believe unclean spirits exist, but I'm not exactly sure what I believe an unclean spirit is.

GothicAngel
Sep 26th 2007, 02:36 AM
I believe that demons are more powerful and more intelligent than man, although (like anything else) their power is limited by God

Phil Fourie
Sep 26th 2007, 06:15 AM
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Rom 8:38-39 (KJV)

Just read the KJV;):pp

God bless
Phil

Phil Fourie
Sep 26th 2007, 07:59 AM
Taryn

Here we go;)

These are the seperate units of the armour of God.

Loins girt about with truth
Breastplate of righteousness
Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace
Shield of faith
Helmet of salvation
sword of the Spirit, which is the word of GodNow, I will try to keep it simple, hope you are able to follow.

You will see that 2 and 5 I sort of seperate from the rest, I will get to them after I explain the other 4.

Truth is the belt that holds the whole armour in place. In the old times they would have referred to it as you're armour belt, so if you do not stand guard with the truth (in other words a false gospel), you're weapons are gonna get lost and won't help you any bit.:lol:
The shoes are for you to walk and spread the gospel, this is pretty straight forward, if you are gonna walk to spread the gospel as it is said in Acts 1:8, you are gonne needs some good shoes to protect you're feet, especially if Satan is gonna put some thorns in you're way:D
The shield of faith to stop the arrows of the enemy. Believe you me, those arrows are gonna come flying, especially if you are on you're way to spread the gospel, and you will need something to stop those arrows. What are those arrows? Things like; is the Bible the Word of God? Does God exist? Is Jesus the only way to the Father? You're first line of defence against these arrows is you're faith in God and the words of Christ.:idea:
The sword, that is the Word of God. You can't just pick up a sword and start fighting with it, you need to learn how to hold it, how to slash with it, you need to practice. It is the same with the sword of the Spirit, the word of God. You need to learn the Word of God (the Bible), you need to be able to defend yourself with the Word of God. What dit Jesus use against the temptations of the Satan in the desert? He used the Word. Go read Luke 4;)With these 4, you can deside if you are gonna use them or not. You can stay away from the truth (also read John 14:6) or embrace it to hold everything togeter, you can put on the shoes and spread the good news, believe like a child and dodge those arrows and very important, a lot of people don't learn to use the Sword, that is also up to you.

But Christ has protected us who has received Him with two of these pieces of armour.

Breastplate of righteousness. Righteousness is not something you can get yourself, it has to be given to you.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33
And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
Romans 4:11
Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.
Psalms 5:8
You see, there is only two places where the enemy can kill you, 1 is in you're hart and "vitals", Chirst has covered this area with the breastplate of His righteousness and the other place you can be killed?
Getting shot through the head:lol: And that is why He has covered you with the helmet of salvations. Again, not something you can get by yourself, because salvations comes only through Christ.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Romans 3:23
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph 2:8-9
Christ has our vital areas covered, He protects the areas that Satan really wants to destroy. Those areas are our hearts and our minds. But we must still try to use the other weapons, cause a shot through the leg isn't gonna kill me, but it shure hurts a lot and if I used the shield correctly, it could have spared me a lot of pain:help:

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7

I hope this will mean as much to you as it did to me.

God bless
Phil:cool:

PS! Sorry for the long post:blush:

Steven3
Sep 26th 2007, 02:23 PM
Hi, my name is Taryn. I like reading other peoples opions. You can learn alot from them. I believe that demons exist. How strong do you think they are? Just wondering!

Not very strong :)

Exodus 4:11 Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord?

Deuteronomy 32:17 They sacrificed to demons that were no gods,
to gods they had never known,
to new gods that had come recently,
whom your fathers had never dreaded.

39 “‘See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Job 42:10 And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job, when he had prayed for his friends. And the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. 11 Then came to him all his brothers and sisters and all who had known him before, and ate bread with him in his house. And they showed him sympathy and comforted him for all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him.

Isaiah 45:7 I form light and create darkness,
I make well-being and create calamity,
I am the Lord, who does all these things.

BuffaloSoldier
Sep 26th 2007, 08:36 PM
the Bible tells us about Fallen Angels/Demons as a Christian who accepts the word on what basis do you reject the reality of the demonic?

Simple. I don't believe in invisible creatures that dwell among us affecting our behavior/thoughts/emotions. I do believe that there are things out there that humans don't understand (yet).

anglican-cat
Sep 26th 2007, 08:40 PM
Simple. I don't believe in invisible creatures that dwell among us affecting our behavior/thoughts/emotions. I do believe that there are things out there that humans don't understand (yet).
That's cool...still like the Avatar.:cool:

BuffaloSoldier
Sep 26th 2007, 10:02 PM
Hi, we meet again! Well I must say that I know that demons exist. Please explain what you meant by your message. I don't know if it means you don't believe that they exist or if you had never felt, seen, or sensed a demon?

But if you meant that you don't believe they exist can you please tell me why?:dunno: I don't want to get in an agruement I just want to know what gave you the idea they don't.

I'm assuming this is directed at me...

There were points in my life that I thought that I'd "felt", "seen", and "sensed" so-called "demons," but I don't believe that they exist any longer.

See my first post in this thread to get the answer as to why I don't think they exist.

Taryn
Sep 27th 2007, 01:40 AM
Taryn

Here we go;)

These are the seperate units of the armour of God.

Loins girt about with truth
Breastplate of righteousness
Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace
Shield of faith
Helmet of salvation
sword of the Spirit, which is the word of GodNow, I will try to keep it simple, hope you are able to follow.

You will see that 2 and 5 I sort of seperate from the rest, I will get to them after I explain the other 4.

Truth is the belt that holds the whole armour in place. In the old times they would have referred to it as you're armour belt, so if you do not stand guard with the truth (in other words a false gospel), you're weapons are gonna get lost and won't help you any bit.:lol:
The shoes are for you to walk and spread the gospel, this is pretty straight forward, if you are gonna walk to spread the gospel as it is said in Acts 1:8, you are gonne needs some good shoes to protect you're feet, especially if Satan is gonna put some thorns in you're way:D
The shield of faith to stop the arrows of the enemy. Believe you me, those arrows are gonna come flying, especially if you are on you're way to spread the gospel, and you will need something to stop those arrows. What are those arrows? Things like; is the Bible the Word of God? Does God exist? Is Jesus the only way to the Father? You're first line of defence against these arrows is you're faith in God and the words of Christ.:idea:
The sword, that is the Word of God. You can't just pick up a sword and start fighting with it, you need to learn how to hold it, how to slash with it, you need to practice. It is the same with the sword of the Spirit, the word of God. You need to learn the Word of God (the Bible), you need to be able to defend yourself with the Word of God. What dit Jesus use against the temptations of the Satan in the desert? He used the Word. Go read Luke 4;)With these 4, you can deside if you are gonna use them or not. You can stay away from the truth (also read John 14:6) or embrace it to hold everything togeter, you can put on the shoes and spread the good news, believe like a child and dodge those arrows and very important, a lot of people don't learn to use the Sword, that is also up to you.

But Christ has protected us who has received Him with two of these pieces of armour.

Breastplate of righteousness. Righteousness is not something you can get yourself, it has to be given to you.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33
And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
Romans 4:11
Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.
Psalms 5:8
You see, there is only two places where the enemy can kill you, 1 is in you're hart and "vitals", Chirst has covered this area with the breastplate of His righteousness and the other place you can be killed?
Getting shot through the head:lol: And that is why He has covered you with the helmet of salvations. Again, not something you can get by yourself, because salvations comes only through Christ.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Romans 3:23
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph 2:8-9
Christ has our vital areas covered, He protects the areas that Satan really wants to destroy. Those areas are our hearts and our minds. But we must still try to use the other weapons, cause a shot through the leg isn't gonna kill me, but it shure hurts a lot and if I used the shield correctly, it could have spared me a lot of pain:help:

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7

I hope this will mean as much to you as it did to me.

God bless

PS! Sorry for the long post:blush:

Phil Fourie that really helped me alot. Thank you so much!!!!!!! God Bless and let Him show you His will for you.

Taryn:monkeyd::bible::monkeyd::crazy::pp

Taryn
Sep 27th 2007, 01:43 AM
Hi, Buffalo solider why don't you believe in demons any longer. The Bible clearly states they do.(Though they call tham devils or unclean spirits)

God Bless you and show you His will.

BuffaloSoldier
Sep 27th 2007, 02:39 AM
Hi, Buffalo solider why don't you believe in demons any longer. The Bible clearly states they do.(Though they call tham devils or unclean spirits)

I don't believe in them because I've done a lot of work in the field of psychology in the past few years; an eye opener to say the least.

The Bible clearly states a lot of things that would've made sense to people in the ancient world that clearly doesn't hold any water in the 21st century.

Phil Fourie
Sep 27th 2007, 05:54 AM
I don't believe in them because I've done a lot of work in the field of psychology in the past few years; an eye opener to say the least.

The Bible clearly states a lot of things that would've made sense to people in the ancient world that clearly doesn't hold any water in the 21st century.

Funny you say that, cause it was through counselling work that my eyes have been opened to their existence:hmm:

God bless
Phil

Phil Fourie
Sep 27th 2007, 05:59 AM
Phil Fourie that really helped me alot. Thank you so much!!!!!!! God Bless and let Him show you His will for you.

Taryn:monkeyd::bible::monkeyd::crazy::pp

I am pleased to hear that. The bible tells us time and time again how to prepare for this battle with the enemy, we just need to educate ourselves.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Revelation 12:11:pp

This verse is in context with the Satan being thrown out of heaven and coming to earth to bother the people.

God bless

PS! Just call me Phil, my second name is Fourie;)

Taryn
Sep 27th 2007, 04:35 PM

Buffalo Solider I really don't know what to say to you. I believe every thing in the Bible still applies to us to day. I know for a fact demons exist. Here are a couple of reason.
The Bible tells us they do.

If they didn't exist then why are all people are doomed to Hell unless they get born again. Satan tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden to eat the forbidden fruit. Eve then ate it and gave it to Adam her husband who also ate it. God did not make us as Robots but, gave us are own free will. Every day we choose to sin.

A lot of thing in pychology are based on human views not Gods!
If they did not exist than why does the Bible tell us to stand guard against them?
Buffalo Solider I suggest to you to go back to the Bible not man. These views of unbelief that the Bible clearly states exist is not a good idea. O, one more question you do believe the Bible is 100% true with no flaws what so ever right?
If you don't then I suggest you start asking God for help. Don't let the enemy tempt you from doubting the Bible.

May God Bless you and show you His will for you!

TARYN :monkeyd::bible::monkeyd::crazy:

Taryn
Sep 27th 2007, 04:38 PM
Well Phil I want to thank you again for that message.h

Phil Fourie
Sep 27th 2007, 05:01 PM
Well Phil I want to thank you again for that message.h

It's only a pleasure, I just want to help people realise that the best thing they can do for their spiritual wellbeing is taking up their authority in Christ

God bless
Phil

BuffaloSoldier
Sep 27th 2007, 11:23 PM
Buffalo Solider I really don't know what to say to you. I believe every thing in the Bible still applies to us to day. I know for a fact demons exist. Here are a couple of reason.
The Bible tells us they do.

Do you eat pork? Do you eat shrimp? Do you where clothes that are of a cotton/polyester blend?

And, I know for a fact that demons don't exist. As I've said before, I don't just pull my beliefs out of thin air. I've had a lot of experiences with so called "demons", and I've done a lot of research in this area.

If they didn't exist then why are all people are doomed to Hell unless they get born again. Satan tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden to eat the forbidden fruit. Eve then ate it and gave it to Adam her husband who also ate it. God did not make us as Robots but, gave us are own free will. Every day we choose to sin.

I don't agree that all people are doomed to hell if they aren't born again, but that's a different debate for a different time.

As for Eve being tempted: it says in Genesis that she was tempted by a snake/serpent, but I don't remember anything about it being Satan (many people do assume it was Satan). And you're right, God gave us free wil. When I sin, it's on ME, not an army of invisible minions or some boogie man.

A lot of thing in pychology are based on human views not Gods!

God designed the human mind and psyche. Psychology is a young field and there's much we don't understand about the mind, but it's based on research and logic, not assumptions about an army of invisible boogie men that may or may not affect us.

Buffalo Solider I suggest to you to go back to the Bible not man. These views of unbelief that the Bible clearly states exist is not a good idea. O, one more question you do believe the Bible is 100% true with no flaws what so ever right?

God gave me a good mind, and I've used that to seek nothing but the truth. My beliefs about the Bible aren't popular amongst most Christians, but they've come about from a lot of reading, soul searching, and meditation.

I don't believe in the Bible is 100% true in the way we define truth in this day and age, no.

Phil Fourie
Sep 28th 2007, 06:39 AM
As for Eve being tempted: it says in Genesis that she was tempted by a snake/serpent, but I don't remember anything about it being Satan (many people do assume it was Satan). And you're right, God gave us free wil. When I sin, it's on ME, not an army of invisible minions or some boogie man.

Actually the bible does say the snake was Satan

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Revelation 12:9

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Revelation 20:2

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Matthew 12:34

But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Matthew 3:7

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Matthew 23:33

Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Luke 3:7

Not only does the Word say that the serpent was Satan, Jesus also calls the Pharisees and Sadducees childrend of the Devil, the generation of vipers

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
John 8:44

And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
Acts 13:10

God bless
Phil

BuffaloSoldier
Sep 28th 2007, 07:49 AM
Actually the bible does say the snake was Satan

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Revelation 12:9

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Revelation 20:2

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Matthew 12:34

But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Matthew 3:7

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Matthew 23:33

Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Luke 3:7

Not only does the Word say that the serpent was Satan, Jesus also calls the Pharisees and Sadducees childrend of the Devil, the generation of vipers

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
John 8:44

And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
Acts 13:10

God bless
Phil

all good and well, but where in genesis does it say that this serpent is the lord Satan hisself?

Phil Fourie
Sep 28th 2007, 08:11 AM
all good and well, but where in genesis does it say that this serpent is the lord Satan hisself?

In the first prophecy in the Bible regarding the coming of Jesus Christ to the earth as a man

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Genesis 3:15

God bless
Phil

BuffaloSoldier
Sep 28th 2007, 09:10 AM
In the first prophecy in the Bible regarding the coming of Jesus Christ to the earth as a man

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Genesis 3:15

God bless
Phil

I'm not seeing this connection. Nor does my Orthodox Jew friend who happens to be sitting next to me reading your post.

Phil Fourie
Sep 28th 2007, 09:38 AM
I'm not seeing this connection. Nor does my Orthodox Jew friend who happens to be sitting next to me reading your post.

That is fine (for both of you). Just a warning, be carefull that you're Bible doesn't start getting very thin.;)

Some good reading:

http://www.rapturealert.com/firstprophecy.html

http://www.messiahrevealed.org/

God bless
Phil

Taryn
Sep 28th 2007, 04:51 PM
Do you eat pork? Do you eat shrimp? Do you where clothes that are of a cotton/polyester blend?

And, I know for a fact that demons don't exist. As I've said before, I don't just pull my beliefs out of thin air. I've had a lot of experiences with so called "demons", and I've done a lot of research in this area.

I don't agree that all people are doomed to hell if they aren't born again, but that's a different debate for a different time.

God designed the human mind and psyche. Psychology is a young field and there's much we don't understand about the mind, but it's based on research and logic, not assumptions about an army of invisible boogie men that may or may not affect us.

God gave me a good mind, and I've used that to seek nothing but the truth. My beliefs about the Bible aren't popular amongst most Christians, but they've come about from a lot of reading, soul searching, and meditation.

I don't believe in the Bible is 100% true in the way we define truth in this day and age, no.

I see no point in debating with you any more. There is no point in talking to someone that dosen't believe that the Bible is 100% true. Maybe your views aren't popular because their wrong! Another thing I don't eat pork because it bad for you and its nasty tasting. We are not under the law we are under grace. If I obeyed the law then I would be telling Jesus his death was in vain. Yes the Law was writin to the Jews before Jesus came. The blood of the sacrificed animals only coversed up the sin but Jesus's blood washes it away. Yes I believe there was a reason for not doing those things. Shellfish is not good for you and pork is not either. The Jews considered it an unclean animal.
Acts 10:10
And he became very hungry, and would of eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance.
And he saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel decending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to earth:
Wherein all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill and eat.
But Peter said not so Lord; for I have never eaten any thing unclean.
And the voice spake him again the second time, What God has cleansed, that call not common.

This verse should explai n it if not tell me why.
May God bless you and show you His will.

BuffaloSoldier
Sep 29th 2007, 12:02 AM
I see no point in debating with you any more. There is no point in talking to someone that dosen't believe that the Bible is 100% true. Maybe your views aren't popular because their wrong!

1) If you don't debate with people who have different views than you, who are you going to debate?

2) It's too bad that you find me not worth talking to. I'm sure Jesus would agree.

3) My views aren't popular amongst mainstream Christians. Many people who're sick of the constant attacks on common sense that the modern church is always engaging in find my point of view quite refreshing.

However, you believe what you believe for reasons that only you can understand, and I believe what I do for reasons that only I can understand. More power to you for standing up for what you believe in.

BuffaloSoldier
Sep 29th 2007, 12:05 AM
That is fine (for both of you). Just a warning, be carefull that you're Bible doesn't start getting very thin.;)

Some good reading:

http://www.rapturealert.com/firstprophecy.html

http://www.messiahrevealed.org/

God bless
Phil

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out sometime here soon.

Taryn
Sep 29th 2007, 01:13 AM
That is not what I meant. I do not mind debating you. Yet every time we do we get no where. Another thing is I believe that we have exhausted every point in this thread to debate. If you have something to debate about I will debate it. Sorry I guess I was just a little frusterated when a wrote before. We seem to disagree on alot of things. Lets see if we can find something we both find in common.

God bless

xlive_4_godx
Oct 17th 2007, 02:37 AM

Well, Yes, they do exist, but only as strong as you make them!!

A demon can be in the form of fear (which is really common now-a-days), or physically tangible, but in which ever case they start whimpering at the name of Jesus. :lol:

Jeff Mills
Oct 17th 2007, 04:53 AM
I get involved from time to time casting out demons here in Guatemala where Mayan Indigenous peple visist witch doctors. When they get saved they need deliverance.

Wintermute
Nov 12th 2007, 07:52 AM
I believe unclean spirits exist, but I'm not exactly sure what I believe an unclean spirit is.An unclean spirit one of Satan's fallen angels. Read Revelation 12, those cast out of Heaven are those seen in the Bible and the present as unclean spirits and demons.

Taryn
Nov 13th 2007, 05:28 PM
I get involved from time to time casting out demons here in Guatemala where Mayan Indigenous peple visist witch doctors. When they get saved they need deliverance.

That alsome Jeff. I will be praying for you.
God Bless

Taryn
:monkeyd::bible::monkeyd::crazy:

Love Fountain
Nov 20th 2007, 05:07 AM

Hi Taryn,

My name is Love Fountain and yes I believe demons currently exist and did you know they even have names. One demon I see every day in this world we are living in is named greed. Greed seems to be pretty strong. Ever seen this demon or heard of him/her before? Do you know the names of any others?

Bless you,
Love Fountain

lupins_girl
Nov 20th 2007, 05:48 PM
Wow, that's an interesting question.

Personally, I'm not sure what I think about demons. I guess I don't believe demons as individual entities exist. To me, demons are more traits or characteristics that influence people negatively, like jealousy, greed, hatred and lust. Those are "demons" to me because they tempt people to act badly, so that they sin, or at the very least are left feeling bereft, guilty, ashamed and foolish, all of which can lure a person away from God.

BuffaloSoldier
Nov 21st 2007, 03:04 AM
To me, demons are more traits or characteristics that influence people negatively, like jealousy, greed, hatred and lust. Those are "demons" to me because they tempt people to act badly, so that they sin, or at the very least are left feeling bereft, guilty, ashamed and foolish, all of which can lure a person away from God.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HornlessUnicorn
Nov 22nd 2007, 05:11 AM
So are people still responsible for their actions if they're possessed by demons - are they still in control, are they responsible for not resisting harder or sticking more firmly to their faith and resisting demons such as greed, temptation, intolerance, ignorance...? I'm asking because I genuinely don't know, though I tend to believe it's our responsibility to resist those demons at all times. It's a challenge but with Christ we need fear no evil :)

Bassplayerchick
Dec 8th 2007, 10:16 PM
I say no. They could be out there but, I am not conviced.

I have had ghost experiances before. One time I was trying to sleep and I was having some axitey over the next day. Someone touched my cheek as if to say, It's fine hun, go back to sleep. I said "Mom?" THinking she had come to check on me but, I saw my late granmother looking at me and then she vanished.

I have had more like this but, never a demon. I have asked friends who have paranormal knowlege and they have not.

Revinius
Dec 9th 2007, 04:05 AM
Regardless of what you think or believe we all agree the Bible refers to Demons in whatever form you believe they are derived. Regardless of whether it is a force within our own personalities or an otherworldly force, the goal of Demons is to usurp the place of Christ as the governor of our lives and we should be constantly wary of that.

The majority of Christians and the Bible do not support what your saying Bassplayerchick about dead relatives returning, such things will only occur and will be physical at the end of days with Christs return. Perhaps these visions of yours could be the Demons you say you have not encountered? Or perhaps your minds defence mechanism against anxiety? I know my mind would be comforted by such feelings of warmth, although it would confuse my Biblical position.

ImmenseDisciple
Dec 16th 2007, 01:35 AM
I'm surprised to hear people saying they don't believe in demons, and read under their name that they are Christians. When Christ was told that He could only drive out demons because He was given power from their master, Satan, to do so, He didn't say, "Actually, there's no such thing as demons. I drove out their nasty habits."

To say demons do not exist is to call Christ a liar... Or, to say that it's not only the bits of the bible which you have a problem with which you call untrue, but also the bits which relate to your personal salvation. Shaky ground.

Maybe I'm lucky, in that I don't need to wrestle with this aspect, because I've not only seen a demon, but I can frequently tell the difference between the failings they try and force upon me and my own failings. Seeing the demon, in particular, didn't seem lucky, though. I'd recommend believing in demons without having to see one first. It's not fun.

Athanasius
Dec 19th 2007, 03:19 AM
I say no. They could be out there but, I am not conviced.

I have had ghost experiances before. One time I was trying to sleep and I was having some axitey over the next day. Someone touched my cheek as if to say, It's fine hun, go back to sleep. I said "Mom?" THinking she had come to check on me but, I saw my late granmother looking at me and then she vanished.

I have had more like this but, never a demon. I have asked friends who have paranormal knowlege and they have not.

My brother got into a few things awhile ago and as a consequence (he's 18, developmentally behind by about 2 years) he started getting a 'visitor'. Long story short, it first appeared by his bedroom door and slowly made its way to sitting on his bed and talking with/to him (over the course of a few weeks).

I started sleeping in his room with him the day he started telling me about conversations I had to people whom he didn't know, in places far from home.

The demon would never show itself when I slept in his room. It would, however, do enough to wake me up when I slept in my other brothers room (which is beside the first brothers) and leave. It would stand over me, shake the bed, pace around the room, walk from the door to the closet and disappear etc. Again, whenever I slept in my other brothers room it would leave my brother 'alone' (as far as I could tell).

It hasn't appeared for a few months, so I'm worried because they don't just disappear. . . My brother still isn't in good standing with Christianity.
I should also mention that it promised to do things in return for. . .

I've had other experiences with 'witches', wiccans and new age believers. I've had Ouija boards 'come back' after being thrown out (I had to burn them). I've seen radio's turn on, volume all the way up, on their own. Same goes with T.V's. I've also hard footsteps and laughing. I could keep going, but I think the point gets across--I've had enough experiences with the 'dark side' of the spiritual realm.

Oh yes, last story. In high school a group of kids were asking a Ouija board questions. The pointer followed one of my friends as he got up to get a drink, so they started yelling at him. He went over to the board and told them to ask it if God was the risen son of God, and a few other questions about Christianity. The 'board' answered, and as my friend left the pointer shot off the board by my friends head against a wall (no one threw it).

So at the risk of credibility, I've had a few experiences.
As ImmenseDisciple is saying, you don't want to be shown a demon.

It's one thing to see a demon, it's another to be able to tell when they are influencing those around you, your thoughts and certain situations.

Overkill777
Dec 22nd 2007, 09:11 AM
I'm surprised to hear people saying they don't believe in demons, and read under their name that they are Christians. When Christ was told that He could only drive out demons because He was given power from their master, Satan, to do so, He didn't say, "Actually, there's no such thing as demons. I drove out their nasty habits."

To say demons do not exist is to call Christ a liar... Or, to say that it's not only the bits of the bible which you have a problem with which you call untrue, but also the bits which relate to your personal salvation. Shaky ground.

I agree completely with this.

I also believe people can be influenced by demons, in different degrees, all the way up to full blown possession.

koriemo
Dec 24th 2007, 04:35 AM
I believe in demons, for sure. I also think, however, that there is a difference between a demon and a strong hold. A strong hold is a mindset. I think several people here are describing a strong hold and not a demon. If I think, "I am not worthy of God's love," that can be a huge problem and keep me away from the love of Christ. If I always tell myself, "I need money to be happy," then I will have a strong hold of greed built up in my life. I think these create weaknesses and give Satan an opportunity to attack us, and are sometimes accompanied by demons.

Demons are different in that they are an outward suppression upon believers, and even manifest themselves in possession among nonbelievers. I believe in demons because Jesus did, and Jesus took a stand against them. To deny their existence gives them power in our lives as well, because we don't know how to protect ourselves against them. Satan is clearly trying to attack this world (Ephesians 6 has a lot of info on this).

I have had several experiences with demons in my own life and if anyone would be intrested in hearing about it or asking me questions, feel free to PM me.

Korie

TJW08
Jan 2nd 2008, 11:51 PM
Many demons can come at you with negative mindsets, unbelief, temptations, and many other things. There can be a demon that causes greed and another jealousy or possibly multiple negative things. Not believing in demons is dangerous because how can you defend and prepare yourself against something you think doesn't exist? If you don't believe the true word of God that many times speaks of demons and unclean spirits you have already been deceived by the devil. I don't mean to be harsh but its the truth.

JREAM
Jan 9th 2008, 09:54 PM
I know they exist and I'd rather not say why, but I will take it to my grave.