PDA

View Full Version : Feasts

Brotherken
Oct 21st 2007, 05:24 PM
Lately I have noticed That there were Many feasts amongst Gods People

I heard A bible teacher say that God Likes a Party

I also heard somewhere that these "Feasts" sometimes lasted for days

They sound Cool to me. Wish I was there.

I wanna learn more bout them

And How come we don't see more of them today?

jeffreys
Oct 21st 2007, 05:28 PM
Hey BrotherKen;

You're right - the Old Testament is filled with instructions about feasts. I'd have to do some touch-up reading to brush up on them all, but they were very meaningful and good.

Thanks for bringing up a topic that should produce some great discussion and information!

diffangle
Oct 21st 2007, 05:38 PM
Hi Ken :)

There are Messianic congregations and individuals who still keep the Scriptural Feasts of YHWH. You can learn about them in Leviticus 23 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Lev/Lev023.html#top). I'll also try to post some links to other sites a little later.

Shalom :hug:

Jesusinmyheart
Oct 21st 2007, 08:24 PM
Brotherken,
i see you're quite hungry ;) :hug:

There are 7 feasts in a Hebrew Year which are scripturally commanded.

These i consider to be:

Passover/Pesach
Unleavened Bread/Matzah
Feast of First Fruits/(omer tenuphah)
Pentecost/Shavuot
Feast of Trumpets/Yom Teruah
Day of atonement/Yom Kippur
Feats of Tabernacles/Sukkot

Here are some sites i like to visit:

http://www.lightofmashiach.org/moedim.html#First%20Fruits

http://www.christcenteredmall.com/teachings/feasts/firstfruits.htm

Shalom my friend,

Tanja

Sold Out
Oct 22nd 2007, 02:17 PM

God, in His wisdom, set up seven different feast days for His people to observe throughout the year. These feasts, if observed, would help His people “stay on schedule” spiritually, and thus stay right with Him. Whereas getting right with God meant sacrificing a lamb, staying right with God meant keeping the feasts. Each feast pictured something the CHRIST did or will do for humanity:

1) Feast of Passover(c. April 14) - This Feast was intended to remind the people of God what CHRIST did for them concerning their salvation (See -I Cor 5:7)

2) Feast of Unleavened Bread(c. April 15 -22) - This Feast was intended to remind the people of God what CHRIST did for them concerning their sanctification(See-I Cor 5:8)

3) Feast of First Fruits (c. April 16) - This Feast was intended to remind the people of God what CHRIST did for them concerning their resurrection (See - I Cor 15:20-23 & footnote on I Jn 3:3)

4) Feast of Pentecost (c. June 3-9) - This Feast was intended to remind the people of God what CHRIST did for them through the HOLY SPIRIT concerning the unity they were to share with all believers (See - Acts 2:1 & Eph 3:1-6)

5) Feast of Trumpets (c. October 1st) - This Feast was intended to remind the people of God what CHRIST would do for Israel concerning their future regathering as a nation after the Rapture (See - I Thess 4:13-18)

6) Day of Atonement (c. October 10th) - This Feast was intended to remind the people of God what CHRIST will do for Israel concerning their future restoration as a nation at CHRIST’S Second Coming (See - Mt 24:30,31,42-46)

7) Feast of Tabernacles (c. October 15-22) - This Feast was intended to remind the people of God what CHRIST will do for Israel concerning their future Millennium as a nation after CHRIST’S Second Coming (See - Rev 3:2)

diffangle
Oct 22nd 2007, 02:27 PM
The first link Tanja posted was one I was gonna give you... she beat me to it. :D Here's another link that shows how Messiah fulfilled/will fulfill all the Feasts...

http://www.luziusschneider.com/Papers/JewishFeasts.htm

also...

http://www.yrm.org/biblical_feasts.htm

Teke
Oct 22nd 2007, 08:27 PM

The Church still keeps feasts year round, but they are all for Christ.

Jesusinmyheart
Oct 23rd 2007, 03:34 PM
The Church still keeps feasts year round, but they are all for Christ.I haven't seen many churches that keep the feast of tabernacles for example.. and what about unleavened bread ? Certainly the denominations i've been to prior did not keep those feasts, but instead kept others that were not biblical at all. All in the name of tradition....???

Maybe your eastern Orthodox church keeps these feasts, but i'd venture to say the majority of churches don't.

Not to open a can of worms.....

Shalom,
Tanja

Teke
Oct 23rd 2007, 03:55 PM
I haven't seen many churches that keep the feast of tabernacles for example.. and what about unleavened bread ? Certainly the denominations i've been to prior did not keep those feasts, but instead kept others that were not biblical at all. All in the name of tradition....???

Maybe your eastern Orthodox church keeps these feasts, but i'd venture to say the majority of churches don't.

Not to open a can of worms.....

Shalom,
Tanja

Thing is, even if the church you go to doesn't keep feasts, that doesn't mean the church, generally speaking, doesn't keep feasts. They are not called Jewish feasts, but feasts for Christ and His Church. They are also not replacement feasts for Jews. IOW Christians don't substitute the feast of the Annunciation (Incarnation) for the feast of tabernacles of the Jews.

The "tradition" part is in the keeping of feasts which are accompanied by fasts and preparation. Tradition is part of the ecclesiology (work and mission) of the church.

rdclmn7
Dec 3rd 2007, 05:09 AM
You can tie most of the feasts through the religious year to the prophetic plan. If you understand the feasts, you understand what ties together a lot of prophecies.

Fiore
Dec 3rd 2007, 05:20 AM
Obviously the feasts of our day pale in comparison to the feasts of the past.

But there are three feasts that I believe many Potestants prepare throughout the year. They are Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter feasts.

Many of us forget the true purpose of these holidays, but there is definitely something unique about these meals and the effort we take in order to prepare for them. But I am speaking for myself... I do not cook such an elaborate meal on a daily basis.

Ta-An
Dec 3rd 2007, 06:08 AM
Brotherken
Just remember, we are to celebrate the feast fulfilled in Christ... and not as they are recorded in the OT ;) but how Christ has already brought them to fulfillment :)
Ps 34:8 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=19&CHAP=34&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=8) O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Feast on the L_rd!!

Kahtar
Dec 3rd 2007, 06:26 PM
Brotherken
Just remember, we are to celebrate the feast fulfilled in Christ... and not as they are recorded in the OT ;) but how Christ has already brought them to fulfillment :)
Ps 34:8 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=19&CHAP=34&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=8) O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Feast on the L_rd!!And along with that, how Christ WILL bring them to fulfillment.:)

Eaglenester
Dec 3rd 2007, 07:16 PM
Remember, that the Feasts of Yahweh are a type and shadow (reveal and point to) of Y'shua.

You want to BETTER know our Messiah, study and participate in His feasts.

Unfortunately churchianity (a bunch of tradition's of man religious organizations that masquerades as Messiah's bride) has REPLACED Yahweh's feasts with their own holidays mostly rooted in pagan tradtions
ie easter instead of Feast of First Fruits, good friday instead of Passover, christ(less)mas for Fest of Tabernacles.

This means they are not learning about or worshipping the TRUE Messiah Y'shua, but a mirage Jesus INSTEAD that is NOT rooted in Spirit & Truth.

They've taken Scripture and blended in paganism along with man-made traditions, practices, structure & rules and put a false "christian" lable on it.

A FORM of Godliness - denying the power there of.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHY don't these "churches" teach the Feasts of Yahweh?

Because it would reveal the heresys that they practice and teach

Eaglenester
Dec 3rd 2007, 07:24 PM
But there are three feasts that I believe many Potestants prepare throughout the year. They are Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter feasts.

NOT NOT NOT of Yahweh though - they are deceptions to mislead.

You want to understand the TRUE meaning of a holiday - go back to it's beginings and roots - christ(less)mas and easter were pagan celebrations that PREdate the Messiah tabernacling among us.
It's reveals the REAL reason for the seasons - and it AINT Yahweh.

Jesusinmyheart
Dec 3rd 2007, 11:24 PM
Rom 1:24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves,
Rom 1:25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

Ever wonder why some churches accept homosexuals and the likes ?

Shalom,
Tanja

VerticalReality
Dec 4th 2007, 04:20 AM
Ever wonder why some churches accept homosexuals and the likes ?

Shalom,
Tanja

Probably because the Spirit of God is not in them.