PDA

View Full Version : Is it a Sin for a couple to Sleep in diffent rooms?

PeterJ
Oct 31st 2007, 02:01 PM
Two christain freinds of mine sleeped in opersit rooms, as boyfreind and girlfreind, There not sleeping in the same room, but is that still wrong or a sin?
Why is it?

Only dating for 4 months, is that to serous? month later they split up.
Would you allow your son to do the same? even if there not in the same room?

Yours Peter

Whispering Grace
Oct 31st 2007, 02:19 PM
I think I'd be concerned if they were sleeping in the same room, actually. :hmm:

jeffreys
Oct 31st 2007, 02:47 PM
Two christain freinds of mine sleeped in opersit rooms, as boyfreind and girlfreind, There not sleeping in the same room, but is that still wrong or a sin?
Why is it?

Yours Peter

Hey Peter;

I've got 2 grown sons - both in their early 20s.

I would be VERY concerned, unhappy and upset if they were living together - even if sleeping in different rooms - in the same house with their girlfriends. It would NOT be a good situation, or a healthy arrangement for a lot of reasons.

And though I could not force them not to do that, because they are legally adults, I'll guarantee you that my wife & I would be having some VERY serious talks with them!

GodsOwnFool
Oct 31st 2007, 03:47 PM
Are these two living in the same apartment but sleeping in separate bedrooms?

1 Thessalonians 5:22 tells us to "abstain from all appearance of evil". If this couple is living together, it would appear to others that they were "living in sin" and would definitely not be a good Christian witness to others.

PeterJ
Oct 31st 2007, 04:10 PM
Hey Peter;

I've got 2 grown sons - both in their early 20s.

I would be VERY concerned, unhappy and upset if they were living together - even if sleeping in different rooms - in the same house with their girlfriends. It would NOT be a good situation, or a healthy arrangement for a lot of reasons.

And though I could not force them not to do that, because they are legally adults, I'll guarantee you that my wife & I would be having some VERY serious talks with them!

Hi
As its your house and rules, you dont have to allow them to live in the same house though and they have to listen to you.

PeterJ
Oct 31st 2007, 04:12 PM
Are these two living in the same apartment but sleeping in separate bedrooms?

1 Thessalonians 5:22 tells us to "abstain from all appearance of evil". If this couple is living together, it would appear to others that they were "living in sin" and would definitely not be a good Christian witness to others.

living in the same apartment but sleeping in separate bedrooms.
They broke up a month later.

Good verse to apply there, but it does not state its a sin.

jeffreys
Oct 31st 2007, 04:13 PM
Hi
As its your house and rules, you dont have to allow them to live in the same house though and they have to listen to you.

Well, actually they live in Minneapolis - almost 400 miles away.

It's a very interesting task, this "turning your children loose" into the world. Fortunately, all 3 of our children are outstanding people, and both my wife & I have a good relationship with all 3 of them.

jeffreys
Oct 31st 2007, 04:17 PM
living in the same apartment but sleeping in separate bedrooms.
They broke up a month later.

Good verse to apply there, but it does not state its a sin.

To me it's not the "appearance of evil", though that is certainly relevant on one level.

The bigger problem would simply be placing yourself dead center in the middle of unbelievable temptation. I cannot imagine how strong the sexual temptations would be if I was 22 again, and my girlfriend was sleeping in the room next to mine - and there was absolutely no supervision and/or accountability of any kind.

always
Oct 31st 2007, 05:13 PM
the sin of fornication is the issue here. I believe as one above posted , if you have a relationship why in the world would you want to put yourself in that type of tempting enviroment.

If the two were not in a relationship would it still be an "appearance of evil":hmm:

Sold Out
Oct 31st 2007, 06:15 PM
Why is it?

Yours Peter

It's not a sin...be we should obstain from all apperances of evil. (I Thes 5:22)

PeterJ
Oct 31st 2007, 07:10 PM
Some christains at church rent out rooms within a house to save money, some date each other, is that wrong to?

jeffreys
Oct 31st 2007, 07:15 PM
Some christains at church rent out rooms within a house to save money, some date each other, is that wrong to?

On one level, it's no more right or wrong than living in a house next door to one another.

But let's be honest, if you're a guy living in the same apartment/house as several girls you WILL encounter all manner of temptations and situations you should probably avoid.