PDA

View Full Version : Matt13 "tares" = false Christians or non-Christians or both?

Steven3
Nov 3rd 2007, 05:42 AM
Jesus explains the Parable of the Weeds

Matt13:36 Then he left the crowds and went into the house. And his disciples came to him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field.” 37 He answered, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the close of the age, and the reapers are angels. 40 Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the close of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Here "tares" = false Christians or non-Christians or both?

Is the "kingdom" here the church or the whole planet? Be interested to hear what do people think?
God bless
Steven

matthew94
Nov 3rd 2007, 06:02 AM
Good question. I've thought about that too. Since they are the sons of the evil one, I think it refers to all non-Christians. But since they were placed right among the wheat, it seems to specifically refer to those who masquerade as God's children. So I'd say it broadly applies to all non-christians, but specifically refers to nominal Christians.

jeffweeder
Nov 3rd 2007, 07:35 AM
Well the lord planted a field and sowed his seed in it--the true seed.
Something really wicked happened and satan sowed the lie in it.
It takes the lord to come and seperate.
some believe the lie and yet say--- lord lord didnt we.....Thinking they are in the field the lord planted.
He never knew them.

DIZZY
Nov 3rd 2007, 11:08 AM

Matt13:36 Then he left the crowds and went into the house. And his disciples came to him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field.” 37 He answered, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the close of the age, and the reapers are angels. 40 Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the close of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Is the "kingdom" here the church or the whole planet? Be interested to hear what do people think?
God bless
Steven

Hi Steven,
Lets have a look at what is said here.The field is the world which means the whole world good seed is the sons of the kingdom ( the church true believers) God's kingdom is spiritual. The weeds are the sons of the evil one those who chose to deny Christ as their Lord and Saviour the wicked and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. They believe in all the devil's lies.
The harvest is the close of the age, and the reapers are angels. This is at the end of the Millennial kingdom where the angels gather all the wicked out of the world.The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Once the angels have gathered the wicked out of the kingdom they are judged and thrown into the lake of fire.
Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.
Then the only ones left are the righteous and the only reason we shall shine in this kingdom is because we have been wash clean and made righteous in the blood of the Lamb.

AlainaJ
Nov 3rd 2007, 07:23 PM
Hey:) My thoughts:)

Judgement begins at the house of God.

The tares are "false" Christians, but also incloude all the unsaved..

Luke.4 (http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=4631173)

[43] And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.The Kigdom of God is those who are born again. But, notice the wheat and the chaff grow up together. Then the angels reap the harvest.

Matt.3 (http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=4387603)

[12] Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.Luke.3 (http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=4625463)

[17] Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.Matt.13 (http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=4433461)

[25] But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. The enemy is the devil who will plant false beleivers into the true church. This can be in the form of sin, perverted doctrines- anything, but these people are not born again.

[26] But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. Wheat and Tares are together.

[27] So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

[29] But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. We can not say who is a true Christian or not- only God knows that.God will let the true and false Christians grow up together- for now

[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. The tares are burned up- the wheat is brought into the Lord. The tares include both the hypocrites and the unsaved.

[36] Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
[38] The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
[40] As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.Matt.13 (http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=4433461)

[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
[39] The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.It seems to me that Tares is anyone not saved, including the false Christians. But, God will not sift His church until the harvest.

God Bless:)

jeffreys
Nov 3rd 2007, 09:32 PM
I'm not absolutely sure who the "tares" are.

But there's one thing I am sure of: This parable pretty much destroys the whole "I want to be raptured!" argument. :spin:

awestruckchild
Nov 3rd 2007, 09:41 PM
Well the lord planted a field and sowed his seed in it--the true seed.
Something really wicked happened and satan sowed the lie in it.
It takes the lord to come and seperate.
some believe the lie and yet say--- lord lord didnt we.....Thinking they are in the field the lord planted.
He never knew them.

This is a wonderful explanation of how I see it. I agree this is true.

awestruckchild
Nov 3rd 2007, 09:43 PM
By the way Jeffweeder, that is one amazing cow you got there!

DIZZY
Nov 3rd 2007, 09:44 PM
To me it's like the sheep and the goats, at the moment we are all living together in this wicked world. Christ asked God not to take us out of the world but to keep us in it.

At the end of time the Christ will come and seperate the sheep from the goats.

Matthew 25:32 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=25&verse=32&version=50&context=verse)
All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.

To us they may be false christens and the wicked, but to God they are just the wicked, those who did not except the free gift given on the cross, the death of His Son as atonement for our sins. These are the tares that are burned up as chaff. God doesn't seperate sinners in categories to God sin is sin and a sinner is a sinner.

We are the foolish one if we think by going to church, giving tithes, helping others, etc, etc, gets us in good favour with God. It doesn't God sees all these good works as filthy rags.

Isaiah 64:6 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=29&chapter=64&verse=6&version=50&context=verse)
But we are all like an unclean thing,And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.

It is by God's grace we have been saved through faith Ephs 2:8-10.

They may be sheep in wolves clothing but God knows His sheep and He calls each one by name and He knows each piece of wheat He has planted. So those little goats or tares will be cast out of the kingdom into the eternal fire.

Saved7
Nov 3rd 2007, 10:33 PM

God bless
Steven

Wouldn't a false christian be equal to a non-christian? Since both the tares and wheat look so similar, I believe this is symbolic of the "worldly" entering the church playing church, but not being true followers of Christ.

Pleroo
Nov 3rd 2007, 10:52 PM

God bless
Steven

Or

tares = old man/sin nature

and

wheat = new man/spirit of Christ within us

Rom 7: 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.