PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to pay with my life to follow god?

Bassplayerchick
Dec 1st 2007, 03:39 AM
Why do I have to quit doing things that feel natural to me? I feel like am wasting my life if god isn't there. I never feel him. I am so scared I am being lied to. Ever since I became a christian I have been scared of going to hell and I don;t feel any love.

I think I am just being controlled. Isn't it odd how sheep are the christian animal and sheep are used to express people who just follow a leader and don;t think for themselves?

threebigrocks
Dec 1st 2007, 04:06 AM
When one realizes that need a Savior, we come to realize that we have done something against the one who can save us. We are seperated from God, from what is natural and what is comfortable because we live in a world that really doesn't emphasize much of Him. We adapt to the world before we know Christ and for us that is the truth, that is real, that is natural. It was for me and was the only reality that I knew.

Love is not something that we feel instantly for someone. We can feel lust, but honest and true love comes over time, through relationship. To honestly feel that God is a lover of your soul and have that love that you have been told is there will take time to let that relationship happen.

When you meeting someone you have an interest in you do things that they like, maybe eat the things they like, check out a tv show you haven't watched before, go somewhere you haven't ever gone or maybe never thought to go. You begin to conform to them, even in little ways, to know them better and draw closer.

It's that way with God. If you want to know that love and understand Him, you need to start by putting on "His shoes" and draw closer to him by doing the things He prefers. It won't happen overnight, relationships take time to develop.

And, when you know someone for a time, even a short time, you know if they are really who they say they are. You know when they are lying or if they are for real.

Do you have a testimony posted here yet? What first made you turn to Christ?

Bassplayerchick
Dec 1st 2007, 04:16 AM
A what?

To be honest, fear.

threebigrocks
Dec 1st 2007, 04:18 AM
A what?

To be honest, fear.

A testimony is how you came to the choice to repent and turn away from what is not of God; the story of how you became a Christian.

What was your fear?

Bassplayerchick
Dec 1st 2007, 04:26 AM
Hell. Everone says I'll go to hell if I don;t go to church and be christian.

ravi4u2
Dec 1st 2007, 06:06 AM
Hell. Everone says I'll go to hell if I don;t go to church and be christian.Even if you go to church and call yourself a christian, you can still go to hell. It is not in the 'going' but in the 'being'. It is not in the 'calling' but in the 'living'. Live your life full of fragrance and flavor unto the Lord.

Flutecrafter
Dec 1st 2007, 07:30 AM
hi there.
Well, hell is indeed a real consequence, but it has nothing much to do with
going to any particular church.
What it means is that if you do not ask Jesus to forgive you and be your Saviour that's where ya end up.

I do recommend finding and attending a good loving, bible-believing church though. it is very helpful.

I also would recommend reading through the Gospel of John at this time

mark

Christian_lady
Dec 1st 2007, 02:38 PM
I think I am just being controlled. Isn't it odd how sheep are the christian animal and sheep are used to express people who just follow a leader and don;t think for themselves?

Sheep are the only animal who cannot find their way 'home' by themselves. Humans without the Holy Spirit cannot find their way 'home'. Home being, WITH the Father (on earth and/or Heaven).

When you think of your emotions associated with 'home' what comes to mind? Try to put away your thoughts of your childhood or where you are living right now because you might have negative memories associated with them.

Home is a place where you should feel safe, loved and free to be who you are. That is what being with the Father is like.

The Father is not something to feel threatened or intimidated. That is the difference between fear. I have felt the fear of God, meaning, I worry what He thinks of my actions, speech and thought because in the end it's all about Him. I have also placed Him one place "above" my self, family, pretty much everything. He governs me and there is a so-called 'fear' associated when you are being guided by something else other than your self (because it's always on your mind).

God is forgiving and immensely loving. The reality is that we ALL sin and He wants us to take our sins to Him (to clean us). You should not fear that He will never forgive you, that sounds like the enemy working here. You should also not fear that He will never clean you, that is not Biblically correct.

One last thing, you cannot earn your way to Heaven by going to Church and doing Christian things. Deeds do not save, only Faith. If you believe Jesus is God, that He is the way to the Father and declare Him as your personal Lord and Saviour that is ALL you have to do. From there, you develop a relationship, filled with the Holy Spirit, and you slowly and naturally become more Christ-like everyday.

Keep in mind the one criminal being crucified next to Christ. To be crucified 2000 years ago meant you did something VERY wrong, likely more than once (i.e. murder). Literally moments before he died He believed Jesus is God and Jesus promised him eternal life. Do you think he spent all his time in synagogues, reading the Torah, praying daily and doing charitable works? It's likely the answer is 'no' otherwise he wouldn't be in the trouble he was in.

threebigrocks
Dec 1st 2007, 03:03 PM

Well, as has been shared simply not going to church isn't going to send you to hell. Many cannot get to church for whatever reason such as those who are physically unable to get there. Yet they can very much be heaven bound. Not one person on this earth, Christians included, are going to get out of this world sin-free. To "be christian" isn't just what you do. That is a product of being born again.

One act, or lack of that one action, isn't going to send you to hell. Not having Christ to forgive you because you knew your action or inaction was against Him will. If He recognizes you, He will hear your repentance.

What allows Christ to recognize you? You look like Him! We take on a likeness in His image when we are born again and the Holy Spirit lives within us. The Spirit is reflective of God and His son. Christ can see the Spirit, like looking at His own reflection, in you.

Bassplayerchick, do you feel that you have had a from the heart repentance for going against the will of God? If we are going against God the Spirit does not reside within us, we are not born again, and that is what seals our fate as to weather we are heaven or hell bound at the end of our life in this world. It is not what we do. It's a matter of the heart and soul.

Actions, in agreement with God in our mind and in what we do, comes after knowing we are seperated from God, repenting and turning to what is good and Christ like.

dhtraveler
Dec 1st 2007, 03:27 PM
It is not "I" who lives, but Christ Who lives in me."

A Christian is one who is born of the Spirit. Christ takes up residence within the heart of his children. A Christian takes up a New nature; Christ's nature. So what becomes natural for you to do is to do what Christ would do.
It's what is not natural for Christ to do, that your old nature desires to do.

By feeding the Spirit; reading God's word and applying it in your life, the flesh dies off. You now are dead to the flesh , and living in the Spirit of Christ.

By feeding the Flesh you are grieving.. or fasting the things of God. You flesh grows and becomes the dominant nature. Your choice to either walk in the flesh, or Spirit, is the battlefield of your mind.

This is why God said to take everything thought captive to the obedience of Christ.

We are to die to the flesh nature.. ( natural feelings, natural needs, natural expressions). We are to die daily!

And when we do not............ we remember our first love and repent, turning again back to our first love; Christ in me the hope of glory.

amen

dht.

SealofGod
Dec 1st 2007, 03:35 PM

you dont need to leave your house to go to church just have church at home. every time you read your bible this is church. read the bible at home and ask God to show you the truth. try to listen to your holy spirit.

also watchout for false prophets. any men that tells a crowd that hes a prophet is telling a lie and do not follow this church or there teachings.
Also you have to make sure that the church your going to is teaching truth. remember scripture clearly tells us that the Lord returns during the last trumpet. If you fear the Lord then you have nothin to worry about. If you love Jesus then the second death has no power over you.

tango
Dec 1st 2007, 04:02 PM
Why do I have to quit doing things that feel natural to me? I feel like am wasting my life if god isn't there. I never feel him. I am so scared I am being lied to. Ever since I became a christian I have been scared of going to hell and I don;t feel any love.

Just out of curiosity, if God isn't there what difference would it make how you live your life? One of the things that got me thinking about God again was the sense that anything I call an achievement in my lifetime, all my memories etc, will go to the grave with me.

If there's nothing beyond the grave then your memories die with you, so what have you lost by living one way instead of another? Before coming back to God I had concluded that I was wasting my life regardless - if God was there then I wanted to know him (and change my life accordingly) and if he wasn't there then nothing much mattered anyway.

threebigrocks
Dec 1st 2007, 04:09 PM
you dont need to leave your house to go to church just have church at home. every time you read your bible this is church. read the bible at home and ask God to show you the truth. try to listen to your holy spirit.

also watchout for false prophets. any men that tells a crowd that hes a prophet is telling a lie and do not follow this church or there teachings.
Also you have to make sure that the church your going to is teaching truth. remember scripture clearly tells us that the Lord returns during the last trumpet. If you fear the Lord then you have nothin to worry about. If you love Jesus then the second death has no power over you.

Reading and studying on your own is important, but never a substitute for being together with the church - a local community of believers. ;)

Manasseh's Warrior
Dec 1st 2007, 07:09 PM
Bassplayerchick,

You said, "Ever since I First became a Christian...." When did you first become one? Could you share the experience here?

Amazedgrace21
Dec 1st 2007, 07:56 PM

Faith for me is more like trusting without reservations because I experience whatChrist has done for me from a relational perspective, if that helps at all to consider..

Hell sure is a factor, no one without at least one funcioning brain cell would be able to not "fear hell" as it is presented as an outcome and why..

And thats perhaps the perspective that you might want to reconsider..
God is not controlling what you have to do..what He is controlling is giving you a chance to not have the consequence of no choice in this outcome.

Sure he is leading you , me any of us away from that destination and consequence, but His motives are no different than yours would be to step in and try to prevent a child playing with a loaded gun,

If you had a terible abcessed tooth and had to have it removed, the dentist would have to go through some steps to make that happen that would require compliance and obediance on your part to make this happen..nor would that be a bad thing..you would have to have a very low "love" level and unhealthy one of yourself to not want the very same things for you that God does in this respect..

So the boundries and the things God has set up for us in regard to what He asks for us to abide by are not "punative and controling" at all in a negative or selfish way..

This requires some re-examination on your part of the perceptions you have about yourself as perhaps being out of line, and not necessisarily God's motives or heart for you when it comes to what boundries he has set for your life. It sounds a bit like you are the child who does not understand that loaded guns are deadly and just see God as a party pooper by taking away your toys..or the dentist as the villian because you fear of needles distorts your perspective of the dire need to have a bad tooth removed to restore and maintain your health..things that are "loving" in terms of desiring for you as God does, and things you might also consider as "good things" to want for your self as well!:hug:

Satan does not want you to be safe or free of the dangers that God desires..so he will impose a lot of distorted lies in ones thinking and feelings to rationalize that we are being "controled" unfairly and selfishly by God..no different than how a Drug pusher gets his "hooks" into a drug addict..

The difference is when we go the way of Satans offers and reasons for them we are only living for a momentary repreive from the ultimate outcome of doing this For "his pleasure"..but God is patient and very wise in that he is willing to endure our "Childish cravings and desires" for the reasons children do..but at no time will ever indulge them..for "oursake"

Thats why I trust God without any reservations..it's not about my fear of the realities of hell but my awareness that Christ has saved me from that ever having to be a reality for me..nor had to, but did so in spite of my love for anything else but him, Christ's faithfulness and love prevailed and overcame all doubts of His intentions and reasons for his ways are indeed worthy and desired for me to abide by.. I do these things you struggle with becauseI want to.., there is no "have to" in my heart or mind at all when it comes down to it.

Hope this helps:hug:

YSIC,
Grace

Bassplayerchick
Dec 1st 2007, 08:02 PM

So I have to be scared of god? I already am so I have that covered.

I just don;t feel him and they say he loves me. I just want a sign becuse I think if god (or another higher power) created me, and if so, they did so with love and care. God would not make me dumb and he would not want me to be gullible and belive anything anyone said, just what he said.

Bassplayerchick
Dec 1st 2007, 08:06 PM
Bassplayerchick,

You said, "Ever since I First became a Christian...." When did you first become one? Could you share the experience here?
Oh sure thing ;)

My Mom took me to bible school for 2 years when I was a small child but, I did not have the capacity to appricate it. I was around 10 or so and this lady was telling me how the pain would never stop if I ened up in hell. I have been praying and praying, I'm at the end of my rope. It has been 6 years of waiting and I am getting frustrated of trying to feel gods presance. But, I am stubborn in a good way and I won't give up so easy!

I'm off to pray for another sign!

Doc
Dec 1st 2007, 08:35 PM
I'm off to pray for another sign!

1 Corinthians 1

22Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

Dontworry about miraculous signs and it is okay to give up the things that make us worldly happy.

We do think for ourselves so much so that we have seen the light of Christ and chose to follow Him. Sheep, like the ones you talk about, do not have a choice. Once you chose to follow Christ you gave your life to the man who gave His life for you. I hope you develope a great relationship with Him and see the love that he gives us.

Christian_lady
Dec 2nd 2007, 02:42 PM
:cry:

I really feel for you bassplayer. You want a relationship with God but it sounds like you don't 'feel' His presence. It seems you believe because you don't feel His presence you might go to Hell, or you have to pretend you are one with Him instead of truly admit out loud that for whatever reason He is not showing you signs.

How can I pretend I know the right words? The only thing I can say is that in whatever situation God IS with you, regardless of how you feel, think and act....

A few weeks ago, I wrote a message on this Board explaining that I'm bored with Christianity. On the surface it looked as if I did NOT declare Jesus as God...but something beautiful came out of it...as I digged a little deeper I realized that I have not been confessing my weaknesses to God..I have been trying to be Christ-like all by myself (no help from Holy Spirit). As a result, I became exhausted and felt Christianity sucks.

Also, I've had a few "new" Christians write to me how appreciative they were that I expressed my doubts in an honest way. This gave me the courage to be a leader at my Church for new Christians...so do you see how God WAS working??

It is possible you have created an image of God as bright lights, thunder and absolute certainity. It's possible God wants to have a relationship with you in a different way....I have been praying for marriage for three years now and have had anything BUT... :confused

Does this mean that God does not exist or that I don't have a good relationship with Him because I haven't received what is so important to myself??

Keep praying sister!
Sometimes it's all about baby steps! ;)

ravi4u2
Dec 2nd 2007, 05:59 PM
:cry:

I really feel for you bassplayer. You want a relationship with God but it sounds like you don't 'feel' His presence. It seems you believe because you don't feel His presence you might go to Hell, or you have to pretend you are one with Him instead of truly admit out loud that for whatever reason He is not showing you signs.

How can I pretend I know the right words? The only thing I can say is that in whatever situation God IS with you, regardless of how you feel, think and act....

A few weeks ago, I wrote a message on this Board explaining that I'm bored with Christianity. On the surface it looked as if I did NOT declare Jesus as God...but something beautiful came out of it...as I digged a little deeper I realized that I have not been confessing my weaknesses to God..I have been trying to be Christ-like all by myself (no help from Holy Spirit). As a result, I became exhausted and felt Christianity sucks.

Also, I've had a few "new" Christians write to me how appreciative they were that I expressed my doubts in an honest way. This gave me the courage to be a leader at my Church for new Christians...so do you see how God WAS working??

It is possible you have created an image of God as bright lights, thunder and absolute certainity. It's possible God wants to have a relationship with you in a different way....I have been praying for marriage for three years now and have had anything BUT... :confused

Does this mean that God does not exist or that I don't have a good relationship with Him because I haven't received what is so important to myself??

Keep praying sister!
Sometimes it's all about baby steps! ;)Nice and honest post...It is a living relationship with Christ Jesus that that makes following Him abundantly fulfilling...

jiggyfly
Dec 2nd 2007, 10:24 PM
Even if you go to church and call yourself a christian, you can still go to hell. It is not in the 'going' but in the 'being'. It is not in the 'calling' but in the 'living'. Live your life full of fragrance and flavor unto the Lord.

Beautiful and sound advice.

hootinannie
Dec 2nd 2007, 11:01 PM
I hope BPChick will come back. She's not been around the last couple of days, I hope she didn't get all confused and frustrated and give up.

Christian_lady
Dec 3rd 2007, 04:25 PM
I hope BPChick will come back. She's not been around the last couple of days, I hope she didn't get all confused and frustrated and give up.

Think happy thoughts, sometimes silence is golden. ;)

Bassplayerchick
Dec 6th 2007, 03:19 AM
Had to do HW. I'm not online all the time :D

I prayed really hard last night for a sign if god was there he would show me a sign. I got to my desk to find someone had drew a a pentagram on my notebook. :confused I don;t know what to think, my friend (who goes to another school so she is not pranking me) wants to get me to go to her coven.

hootinannie
Dec 6th 2007, 03:42 AM

I prayed really hard last night for a sign if god was there he would show me a sign. I got to my desk to find someone had drew a a pentagram on my notebook. :confused I don;t know what to think, my friend (who goes to another school so she is not pranking me) wants to get me to go to her coven.

Hi BPChick...Please be sure to go back and read all the answers people have responded with in your thread so far.

The Bible speaks VERY STRONGLY AGAINST witchcraft, including wicca, although it does not call it by the name of wicca. God is very clear about that...it is an abomination to Him....the source of ALL witchcraft is satan, and if you are afraid of going to hell, then you need to be sure you stay away from witchcraft of ANY kind, because that is a sure way to get to hell.

I'm glad you came back. Please be sure to read my post on page two of your thread here (my long one). I believe that God has set His love on you and chosen you to come to know Him....and satan, knowing this, is trying to prevent that from happening by trying to draw you into witchcraft. I don't care what your friend says...you cannot worship God and be involved with witchcraft at the same time. And if your "friend" is trying to draw you into that, she's no friend. She's not telling you the truth when she says you can worship God and read the Bible and still be involved with wicca. This is a lie to get you drawn into it until you are so deep into it that you can't get out.

In Christ's love
Hoot

tango
Dec 6th 2007, 07:18 AM
I don't care what your friend says...you cannot worship God and be involved with witchcraft at the same time. And if your "friend" is trying to draw you into that, she's no friend. She's not telling you the truth when she says you can worship God and read the Bible and still be involved with wicca. This is a lie to get you drawn into it until you are so deep into it that you can't get out.

Very very true. Any involvement in that sort of thing will cloud your thinking at the very least and make it harder and harder to tell light from darkness. Before I got rid of my occult books etc every time I tried to read the Bible it was like a huge fog of confusion descended on me, I was looking at the words but not remembering anything.

Deu 18:9 "When you come into the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations.
Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,
Deu 18:11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead.
Deu 18:12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you.

threebigrocks
Dec 6th 2007, 03:10 PM

I'd consider the fact that you are :confused as a sign that you know the difference between light and dark. Take that as God's sign that there is a battle going on for your soul, and God will not force Himself on you. Choose His light over darkness.

Sometimes God gives up opportunity to choose, to put in front of us a situation. How we react, our actions, will tell what sort of fruit we bear in our heart. What sort of fruit can come wicca?

And, listen to Hoot. She's been there my dear.

Christian_lady
Dec 6th 2007, 03:37 PM
Bassplayer, how about the idea of just loving God WITHOUT signs? Sometimes the search for signs makes our relationship with Him superficial.

I use to believe that if I found the man of my dreams it was 'proof' that God exists and that I wouldn't need Him anymore.

Well, it's a good thing that it didn't happen for me right away because that would have created a false relationship based on bargaining instead of trust.

Now that I still don't have anyone in my life, I trust the Lord to provide in this life or the next world. It really doesn't matter if He doesn't speak to me the way "I" want Him too, what matters is that I am in the family of God and look forward to the day when I get hang out with Jesus the way it was suppose to be in the beginning.

I've listened to CDs of people praying for Jesus to heal them and it never happened. They've been kind enough to express their testimony to millions that although their wish wasn't fulfilled, they still walk with Christ as their Lord and Savior.

How about you simply pray in the morning, evening and the rest of the day just focus on your work, chores and once in a while enjoying simple pleasures like the sound of birds singing or the smell of a flower...?

Try to put away the idea that God needs to show you a sign, I can understand His silence since it appears you have put that as more significant than simply trusting that He loves you.

Bassplayerchick
Dec 6th 2007, 11:58 PM
Bassplayer, how about the idea of just loving God WITHOUT signs? Sometimes the search for signs makes our relationship with Him superficial.

I don;t think a little I'm here and I love you is too much to ask. Blind faith is too foolish. If I belived blindly I could end up in a cult.

Brother Mark
Dec 7th 2007, 12:13 AM
I don;t think a little I'm here and I love you is too much to ask. Blind faith is too foolish. If I belived blindly I could end up in a cult.

Hi BPC. I like your name. I too was afraid of believing blindly. When I was in my 20s, I was very unhappy. I wanted to do all kinds of things but I was scared of going to hell. I decided to prove to myself there was no God. Now, here I am happy to know Jesus. He has changed my life. Nothing I have walked away from comes even close to what He has done for me in my heart.

What do you think of Jesus, BPC? Have you studied him much?

Bassplayerchick
Dec 7th 2007, 12:20 AM
What do you think of Jesus, BPC? Have you studied him much?
He confuses me to be honsest. He is so nice and loving but, god seems so angry to want to torture people in hell if they don't love him. It's like being thrown a curve ball.

Brother Mark
Dec 7th 2007, 12:29 AM
He confuses me to be honsest. He is so nice and loving but, god seems so angry to want to torture people in hell if they don't love him. It's like being thrown a curve ball.

Yea, God can throw some pretty good curve balls at us. Jesus is exactly like God. They are identical in their nature. Did Jesus get angry? Yes. God does too. And it is good to be aware of that.

Why do you think God wants to torture folks? Do you think he really "wants" to do this?

Bassplayerchick
Dec 7th 2007, 12:46 AM
Yea, God can throw some pretty good curve balls at us. Jesus is exactly like God. They are identical in their nature. Did Jesus get angry? Yes. God does too. And it is good to be aware of that.

Why do you think God wants to torture folks? Do you think he really "wants" to do this?
Angry and sadistic are two different things. Torture is sadism. Tipping over tables is an act of anger.

Well to be honest yes. God is all powerful and if he so chose there would be no hell.

Brother Mark
Dec 7th 2007, 12:47 AM
Angry and sadistic are two different things. Torture is sadism. Tipping over tables is an act of anger.

Well to be honest yes. God is all powerful and if he so chose there would be no hell.

Jesus said that God was his Father. Why did God send Jesus? And keep in mind, that Jesus said he and the father were one. They both are very similar. But why did God send Jesus? For what purpose?

Bassplayerchick
Dec 7th 2007, 12:53 AM
Jesus said that God was his Father. Why did God send Jesus? And keep in mind, that Jesus said he and the father were one. They both are very similar. But why did God send Jesus? For what purpose?
So jesus is angry too or did you just change the subject handily?

Brother Mark
Dec 7th 2007, 12:56 AM
So jesus is angry too or did you just change the subject handily?

:lol: Sorry. Didn't mean to do that. No. I am just trying to show you that if you see Jesus clearly, then you will also see the Father. Did Jesus get angry? Yes. So did God. Do either of them want you to spend eternity in hell? No.

In other words, look at what they did to prevent you from going there. God sent his only son to take your place. Jesus, took your place. Neither of them want you in hell. They both gave everything they had in order to make it so you don't have to go there.

Jesus does not desire anyone to be in hell. Neither does God. Jesus is exactly like God and as you study Jesus, you will see what the Father is like.

That's why I asked earlier what your thoughts of Jesus were.

Let me ask this, how do you wish God would deal with sin or things that are wrong?

hootinannie
Dec 7th 2007, 01:28 AM

BPChick.....

Like I said, those who have not received Jesus as Savior cannot understand...to them it is foolishness....that's why blind faith seems foolish to you. But God is God, and He doesn't come to us on OUR terms, we must go to Him on HIS terms. God has established the way to come to Him, and Jesus said that anyone who tries to come any other way is a thief and a robber. There is only ONE door to God, and that is through Jesus. To require a "sign" from God is to place yourself in the position of God and Him in the position of obeying you....it doesn't work that way.

There IS a Heaven, and there IS a hell, and you are right to be afraid to go to hell. If you are sincere in wanting to know Him, He will keep you from being deceived by a cult....He comes to bring TRUTH. You are on the brink of being deceived by the Occult (wicca). As long as you are wanting God to obey you and give you a sign, you can be pretty sure that you won't get one from Him....but it is also very likely that satan will give you some phony sign to deceive you into going in his direction. If you come to God the way HE has established for you to come, then AFTER you come (on His terms), you will know. It is by His grace (undeserved favor) that we are saved, THROUGH FAITH...and even the faith to believe comes from Him. Ask Him to give you the faith to believe and to come to Him in HIS established way. There is a way that seems right to man (his own way, the way HE wants), but the end thereof are the ways of death. That is in the book of Proverbs, three times. The way that seems reasonable to a person's way of thinking leads to death...God's ways are not our ways. His ways are much higher than our ways. Jesus said, "I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE. NO ONE comes to the Father except by coming through me".

I'm praying for you that you will make the right decision. Your eternal destiny is at stake here. Will you forfeit eternal life in heaven just because you are "afraid" to make a decision in blind faith? In the book of Hebrews, chapter 11, verse 1, it says "Faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things NOT SEEN." We step out in faith, hoping that the things we DON'T SEE are real, and when we do, believing God's Words, even though we DON'T SEE, then the Holy Spirit opens our spiritual eyes, and suddenly we SEE. God is asking you to TRUST HIM, and when you do, you will soon see that you CAN trust Him.

There is another thing you must understand too. God is not a "fire insurance" policy. God is not just a way to keep from burning in hell. God is your Creator, and He LOVES you, and He wants you to know and love Him. You can't just "get saved" so that you won't go to hell and then live any old way you want to. "Getting saved" means realizing that you are lost in sin and unable to save yourself from its power over you...that you have disobeyed God and His Word and have lived life your own way for your own purposes instead of His. It means being sorry for your disobedience and independence from Him and turning away from your own ways and turning to begin to walk in God's ways. In short, you give God your entire life, and in exchange, He gives you HIS life...and believe me, YOU get the better end of that deal. I surrendered to Him completely a little over 7 years ago, and I not NEVER been sorry for even ONE second.

In His love
Hoot

Marcat1702003
Dec 7th 2007, 02:12 AM
Dear Bassplayerchic,

I've read all these posts over and over and my heart truly breaks for you. Have you ever experienced the act of surrendering your heart to Christ? I'm not talking about just going through the motions and words that someone told you to say to get saved, but a personal one to one surrender of your life and heart to Jesus?

I cannot imagine how I would make it through this life without Him in it. My prayer for you is that you will fall in love with Christ and trust Him with all of your heart and mind and soul. Talk to Him; talk to Him a lot. He never fails. Oh, we fail, we fall, we hesitate, we can be pretty awful, but He never fails. Read about Him. Read his Word. Talk to Him about what you read and about what you do not understand. He will never fail you.

Bassplayerchick
Dec 7th 2007, 03:43 AM
I'm so confused. I just want to give up. The deeper I delve the deeper my doubts grow. I don;t think I can do this. THe more time I spend trying to know, god the less happy I feel. I am lying to myself. This is not me. I don;t belong here in the church, I probably would be the black sheep in heaven.

Brother Mark
Dec 7th 2007, 03:57 AM
I'm so confused. I just want to give up. The deeper I delve the deeper my doubts grow. I don;t think I can do this. THe more time I spend trying to know, god the less happy I feel. I am lying to myself. This is not me. I don;t belong here in the church, I probably would be the black sheep in heaven.

Is trust difficult for you?

Christian_lady
Dec 7th 2007, 02:39 PM
bassplayerchick, maybe you should let it go for a little while. Being a Christian does not mean you have to follow a formula, it just means have a relationship with Christ. And like relationships which exist around you, they are all unique in their own way.

Maybe you should just pray in the morning, pray in the evening and for the rest of the day, focus on things around you like your friends, family, playing the bass guitar and once in a while stop and listen to the birds.

Shoving Christianity down your throat is the LAST thing Jesus wants you to do...He truly cringed at the Pharisees who were all about the "know-how" and "do-how" without the "love God"....

If you pray for God to protect you, you will not follow a cult. One thing I've learned about cults is that they take single verses OUT OF CONTEXT (i.e.) do not interpret it according to the rest of the Bible. I hope that advice helps you if you are worried about falling into fall into the trap of one. If you sense you are....don't hesitate to pm me for help.

For some of us, He speaks in a soft voice, for others He offers His silence. He gives us what we need, not what we want. I've prayed for things that have never happened and on the other hand He has given me things I've never thought I needed until I got them.

I sense He is being silent with you because you do not want to follow the idea of 'blind faith'. Jesus said to Thomas, "blessed are those who believe without seeing".

Most of us on this message board trust the Lord without the use of our five senses.

For myself, it didn't happen overnight, I prayed twice a day and for the rest of my time I suffered from depression.

After two years the clouds lifted and I couldn't get enough of His word. I found myself surrounded by genuine Christians who called me their friend. I felt "ok" with every circumstance which came my way and I praised His name for giving me this type of peace.

Like I said, it didn't happen overnight, it took a lot of constant praying and just believing that if I don't get happiness in this lifetime, the next world will provide somehow.

Good luck with everything,
CL

Bassplayerchick
Dec 7th 2007, 07:17 PM
Is trust difficult for you? Yeah.

Hey guys, I don;t mean to be a bother but, I have ADD and can you make the posts a bit smaller, I can;t seem to read all of that and comprehend it.

Bassplayerchick
Dec 7th 2007, 07:20 PM
Let me ask this, how do you wish God would deal with sin or things that are wrong?

In a way that helps us learn and comprehend without going overboard, and hurting us for little things. I don;t think I am a bad person, I don't, steal, get in figts, drink, smoke or do dope. I am talinking little things like lust, and saying the occasional cuss word.

Brother Mark
Dec 7th 2007, 07:24 PM
In a way that helps us learn and comprehend without going overboard, and hurting us for little things. I don;t think I am a bad person, I don't, steal, get in figts, drink, smoke or do dope. I am talinking little things like lust, and saying the occasional cuss word.

I understand those sentiments. I also understand how difficult it is to trust. Do you have children? Or perhaps a nephew? Or a young child you are particularly fond of? Please be patient with me. :hug:

Bassplayerchick
Dec 8th 2007, 09:51 PM
I understand those sentiments. I also understand how difficult it is to trust. Do you have children? Or perhaps a nephew? Or a young child you are particularly fond of? Please be patient with me. :hug:
I'm only 18 I have no kids. I want a good carreer to support them before I adopt any little ones. My heart goes out for kids with no parents since I always had the nicest mom and dad. That and I would need another person to adopt the child with.

Nope no kid's I'm fond of. I usually have older friends or date for fun.

Brother Mark
Dec 8th 2007, 10:41 PM
I'm only 18 I have no kids. I want a good carreer to support them before I adopt any little ones. My heart goes out for kids with no parents since I always had the nicest mom and dad. That and I would need another person to adopt the child with.

Nope no kid's I'm fond of. I usually have older friends or date for fun.

OK. Well, let me ask anyway. What if you had a child that you dearly loved. What if this child meant everything to you. You and she were so much alike, that you were one. Now, how much love would it take for you to offer your child to be killed in the place of another?

I know you know this is what Father God did. He offered his Son to die in our place. He really is a God of love. But how do we expect him to feel when his Son is rejected?

BranchoftheVine
Dec 9th 2007, 04:51 AM

The Bible shows that sin is what enslaves the entire human race from Adam's choice, and opposes everything that God has for His creation. It is rooted in the desire to "be like God." In my Harper's Bible dictionary, I've learned that all sin is an act of idolatry (an attempt to replace the Creator with someone or something else). In Romans 1, Paul shows that all humanity lies under condemnation without Christ, because we naturally are all sinners, or idolators.

You have to live the Christian life in His strength alone. Keep seeking Him! Turning away from Him, means you reject the light you've been given, and instead, turn to your own fleshly ways that might feel natural to you, but will lead to death.

Growing up, I had an identity crisis I didn't understand or want, and it was rooted in many factors, and choosing a certain path would go against my beliefs and upbringing. I got to a point like you, where I thought: "Why am I dealing with these issues? Who did He create me to be anyways? I got tired, and weak, and gave into sin. It was all a lie, and brought me much heartache.

Jesus Christ is the revelation of God, is the Rock of Ages, and rejecting His truth (in any way) results in life judgement, and ultimately condemnation (if one doesn't repent). Thankfully, He is merciful and forgiving to the repentant. He is the Creator, He is the authority, He created Heaven and Hell, He gave His word, He gave His own body and blood for sins, and He will not be mocked: A man reaps what he sows.

Follow_Me_Infantry
Dec 9th 2007, 09:19 AM
As requested, I'll keep this short.

I have no pearls of wisdom. I reply for one reason and one reason only:

To tell you NOT to give up. No matter how slow you run, as long as you don't stop you'll eventually cross the finish line.

You are not the only one here suffering crisis in the faith: Doubt, anxiety, confusion, even anger and resentment. Many of us feel and have felt these things. You feel you can't do this anymore because you're alone. I give you my word, you are not alone. Eventually, all this goes away.

Stay, let us encourage you where we can. As my friend tells me, "Just let [us] love you." Nothing more than that for now, the rest will come later.

For now, just don't quit. I promise you, things will change and become more clear.

I am praying for you. :pray::pray::pray:

Lefty
Dec 9th 2007, 01:44 PM
BPC, Just one thing: When you keep asking God for signs to know he's there and loves you, I think you're trying to manipulate him without realizing it. What you're really saying is: "show me something or I'll go the other way"...("I'll maybe go join my friend at the coven or something??!").

God HAS to deal with you on HIS terms. Find out what he wants and just do it, with no strings attached. In time his love will wash over you. I'll guarantee it. But in his time, not yours.

BranchoftheVine
Dec 10th 2007, 12:37 AM
1 Peter 2:24-25 says: "...who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness -- by whose stripes you were healed. For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."

He bore our sins on His own body, and has given us His Spirit, putting to death the misdeeds of our body, so we can live. Our sinful mind, normally hostile to the things of God, can be renewed in Him. Our flesh is naturally fallen, and He is the only way to go, and gives the strength to live the way we should. He is the Vine, and we are the branches, and without Him, we can do nothing lasting or eternal.

Boy, do I understand the "miracle" of God's Son much more now -- and I hope you fully do, too (whatever age you are). Seek Him fully, and you will find Him. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and nobody comes to the Father (God) except through Him.

From my life experience, I not only believe in Him 100%, but I'm also amazed at His Holy Word. From all over the OT and NT, I find many Scriptures that were performed in a particular situation in my life, and they are absolutely accurate down to every utterance -- including down to small words like "and" and "or." The Scriptures are filled with thousands and thousands of prophecies -- most have already been fulfilled accurately, and future ones are waiting to come true.

Funny, I've been reading Isaiah/Jeremiah/Ezekiel a lot lately, and I read about how the Lord, in His judgement, can reduce a city to dust & ruins. I've been thinking how He reduced the ancient city of Babylon to a place of desolation and haunt for jackals -- to never be inhabited again. Then, today, I heard an old sermon on that very subject. As the preacher pointed out, to this very day, Babylon lies in isolated ruins. I also heard how Alexander the Great set out to rebuild it, and he died. The sermon also pointed out examples in history, of how wicked men, thinking they were working against God's plan, actually ended up fulfilling His Word. God will not be mocked! The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom (Proverbs).

hootinannie
Dec 10th 2007, 02:31 AM
Saddam Hussein was also going to rebuild Babylon....look what happened to him. Ooops! Off topic...sorry.

Mighty Bear
Dec 10th 2007, 03:29 AM
"And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun,
with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.
And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads
and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. His tail swept down a third
of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before
the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child
he might devour it." (Revelation 12:1-4)

"Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted
by the devil. And after fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry.
And the tempter came and said to him, "'If you are the Son of God, command
these stones to become loaves of bread." (Matthew 4:1-3)

"Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness:

He was manifested in the flesh,
vindicated by the Spirit,
seen by angels,
proclaimed among the nations,
believed on in the world,
taken up in glory." (1 Timothy 3:16)

"But he said to me, "'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect
in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that
the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content
with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak,
then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

"Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right
to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates."
(Revelation 22:14)

http://christiansite.multiply.com/journal

Bassplayerchick
Dec 10th 2007, 07:11 PM
BPC, Just one thing: When you keep asking God for signs to know he's there and loves you, I think you're trying to manipulate him without realizing it. What you're really saying is: "show me something or I'll go the other way"...("I'll maybe go join my friend at the coven or something??!").

I just don;t want to be foolish. If I am going to devote my whole life to something, I want to know they are there. If god wants my attention and love, I'd like his too.

You guys make it seem like I am greedt or something. God is all powerful. I am sure if he is as wise and strong as people say one little sign is not too much to ask. In the old testament God spoke to his people and held long conversations. I want him to say hey! I'm here! That isn;t too much for an all powerful god right?

Bassplayerchick
Dec 10th 2007, 07:16 PM
Saddam Hussein was also going to rebuild Babylon....look what happened to him. Ooops! Off topic...sorry.
What is Babylon?

hootinannie
Dec 10th 2007, 07:39 PM
What is Babylon?

Babylon was a VERY SINFUL city that God destroyed and said would never be inhabited again, and it never has been. Every time someone tries to rebuild the city of Babylon, something happens to them...they usually die in some way or another...like Saddam Hussein.

No, we're not trying to make you seem like you're greedy or anything like that. It's just that God is God, and if we are to come to Him, we must come by the way He has established for us to come. It's not wrong for us to ask God to show us His love for us in a way that we can understand, but to require a "sign" from God BEFORE we will come to Him is like giving Him an ultimatum (Give me a sign or else I won't give you my life), and we don't get to give God ultimatums. In fact, trying to give God ultimatums is very dangerous.

If you will step out in blind faith and give your heart and your life to Him, you will SOON see His love for you, and that He is REAL and His Word is TRUE.

Suppose you were standing on one side of a "portal" that is a "door" between two parallel dimensions, and someone who had been on the other side tells you about the other dimension and how wonderful it is, and how the ruler of that other dimension is very loving and kind and will change your life for you and give you great joy. Are you going to stand at the "door" to that other dimension and ask for the ruler to give you a sign, or are you going to go through that portal and find out for yourself if what the other person who had been there said was true? There is a spiritual dimension that you cannot see until you step through the portal (the door, Jesus said He is the door) You will never see it until you take that step through the door.

Love,
Hoot

threebigrocks
Dec 10th 2007, 07:41 PM
I just don;t want to be foolish. If I am going to devote my whole life to something, I want to know they are there. If god wants my attention and love, I'd like his too.

You guys make it seem like I am greedt or something. God is all powerful. I am sure if he is as wise and strong as people say one little sign is not too much to ask. In the old testament God spoke to his people and held long conversations. I want him to say hey! I'm here! That isn;t too much for an all powerful god right?

But He has given everyone no reason to not seek and know Him:

1 Romans

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

19because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
21For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.
24Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. 25For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

I believe that I had already mentioned in regard to the rede - who made the things that you would be called to worship? The moon, the water? Not to be a fool?

If you can believe the words which is from something that is not of God, yet say that you believe in Him but only if He reveals Himself to you - doesn't this show quite clearly exactly how the wiccian rituals of their cult are in direct contradiction to God? They are asking you to do exactly what is against God! In believing so, and seeing how God is present in all things around us, why would God need or desire to further reveal himself when you go against Him in your heart?

I may have already said this along the line somewhere in one of your threads - but your are being fought for spiritually. Knowing God will let you go as you choose to put your hope elsewhere, why would you choose what has no hope, what is against God? Why would you worship the creation rather than the creator?

Lefty
Dec 10th 2007, 09:28 PM

Here's your answer:
"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, "But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?"

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. John 14:21-23

Edit: What kind of bass you play? Just curious.

Christian_lady
Dec 11th 2007, 09:53 PM
God is all powerful. I am sure if he is as wise and strong as people say one little sign is not too much to ask. In the old testament God spoke to his people and held long conversations. I want him to say hey! I'm here! That isn;t too much for an all powerful god right?

Sometimes He gives us the things we need not what we want. He knows our heart better than we do.

Children get angry at their mothers when she says, "no cookies before dinner." They feel like she doesn't care but in fact she does.

Rev Timothy
Dec 11th 2007, 10:33 PM
Basschick. I guess one should inquire what this "doing" that feels natural to you is that you are afraid you might have to give up. Living a Christ focused life will, over time, alter your perception of what is "natural".

Based upon the fact we are all sinners, it's obvious none of us have been successful in eliminating sinful behavior from our lives. Rather than focusing on what you might be losing (sinful pleasures) or might suffer (Hell for eternity), you might want to consider focusing on what you are gaining (His Grace, forgiveness, eternal life).

None of us can earn His forgiveness or His Grace... it is His gift to us through our faith so cut yourself some slack and take off the pressure. Pray several times daily and soon it will feel natural to you and you'll be amazed how quickly the need for some other activities fade.

BranchoftheVine
Dec 12th 2007, 04:39 AM
A lot of loving, great advice here for this young man! I'm being touched just reading it...

Bassplayer: I'm wondering if you don't truly, really, fully know Christ, or you're trying to face "life in Christ" in your own strength, and it is overwhelming to you? If those elements are present in your heart and life, you're facing a life you cannot live. You cannot live for Christ without being "born again" in the Spirit, and by His power and strength.

Thankfully, we live in an "age of grace" where the Holy Spirit can be received, and can put to death the misdeeds of the body, so one can live. Thankfully, upon confession, repentance, and faith in Him, Christ can save even the worst of sinners -- all made possible from His undeserved work on the cross.

Our natural, fallen flesh/mind is easily offended with His true Gospel, and is hostile to the things of our holy God. Naturally, we want to go our own way, and make our own rules, then somehow still enter into eternal bliss with Him. But, it doesn't work that way. He is the Word come in the flesh, and through His life, death and resurrection, He has offered the "free gift" of salvation, and given the power to live godly to those who receive it.

To reject the Son, is to have God's wrath abideth on you. To reject Him, is to be deceived, and to operate in the mystery of iniquity (vs. the mystery of godliness). Don't think for a second you're more clever than the Word come in the flesh, the One who created the Heavens and the Earth, the Author of the true, eternal Gospel. Behold both the goodness and the severity of God.

Bassplayerchick
Dec 14th 2007, 10:58 PM
Basschick. I guess one should inquire what this "doing" that feels natural to you is that you are afraid you might have to give up. Living a Christ focused life will, over time, alter your perception of what is "natural".

Lusting for the most part. I suppse as a teenager my hormones do get he bset of me and my attention span goes out the window. I cuss jsut about all the time.

I try because I am afriad. My dad says I sould not be cristain becuse god is not real. My mom says whatever makes me a good person is a good pick for me.

ravi4u2
Dec 16th 2007, 06:39 PM
Lusting for the most part. I suppse as a teenager my hormones do get he bset of me and my attention span goes out the window. I cuss jsut about all the time.

I try because I am afriad. My dad says I sould not be cristain becuse god is not real. My mom says whatever makes me a good person is a good pick for me.A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed.
As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation.
They talked about so many things and various subjects.

When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: "I
don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.

"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't
exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people?
Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be
neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow
all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't
want to start an argument.

The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after
he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy,
dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkept. The
customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to
the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am
a barber. And I just worked on you!"

"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did,
there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like
that man outside."

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not come to me."

"Exactly!"- affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES
exist! What happens, is,people don't go to Him and do not look for Him.
That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING

ImmenseDisciple
Dec 16th 2007, 07:46 PM

God doesn't expect you to be perfect, He knows full well that you aren't, and He's already forgiven you for everything you'll ever do wrong. Likewise, he knows you need His help to get over your failings, and if you try to be better and always ask His forgiveness when you slip up, He'll help you out. Lots. In fact, if you let Him, He will make you the very best you can be, and make your life the very best it can be. Seriously.. The question you pose, "Do I have to pay with my life to follow God?" Is almost the opposite of the reality- if you follow God, the gift He will give you is your life. The more totally you accept that it is ONLY through Him your life can be set right, and the more totally you depend upon Him, the more freely he can give you the life which He really wants for you. It's so impractical to give away control and hand Him the reigns, but if you manage to do so you aren't disappointed. If you're never going to do that, that's fine. You can still be a Christian. But you'll never feel as close to Him, and you'll never feel His presence as much as you could have, within this mortal life. So it's going to be harder for you, because you'll still just think he's up there, rather than knowing he's up there.

I try because I am afriad. My dad says I sould not be cristain becuse god is not real. My mom says whatever makes me a good person is a good pick for me.

Not to put too fine a point on it, your dad is wrong. Your mum is right-ish. :D

I know I'm just another person, and there's no call for you to put more weight on what I say than what your dad says- but God is real. He's really, really real. I know, it's crazy innit? It's almost impossible. But He's REALLY REAL!!! It's great :D

Athanasius
Dec 16th 2007, 08:47 PM

In the contemporary sense of the metaphor perhaps. However, sheep are also protected, taken care of and provided for by their master.

As Jesus said in John 10:10,
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Humanity, in my honest opinion (as if there were any other kind), are sheep--Christianese metaphor or not. Your exact worries--that you might be 'duped', 'led astray' or 'tricked' show not only a good awareness of yourself on your part, but also an awareness of the state of people; we enjoy the 'in' thing, the 'newest trend' and whatever else comes around the corner.

Our friend has something shiny and we want it too. We as people are sheep, and Jesus takes care of us (Psalm 23).

Taking a 'leap of faith' isn't blind faith. And I most certainly would warn you against blind faith--it's destructive, weak, false. There is a lot of proof of God, least of which is your own personal experience.

The 'leap of faith' is only a matter of trust, not a demand to believe something you find ridiculous.

shootingdead
Dec 17th 2007, 10:40 PM
Your exact worries--that you might be 'duped', 'led astray' or 'tricked' show not only a good awareness of yourself on your parti agree.

Taking a 'leap of faith' isn't blind faith. And I most certainly would warn you against blind faith--it's destructive, weak, false. There is a lot of proof of God, least of which is your own personal experience.agree with this as well. we have the Holy Spirit inside us as a deposit so we know. its a sign you were wanting Bassplayerchick.

walked
Jan 26th 2008, 04:19 AM
Hi Bassplayerchick (http://bibleforums.org/member.php?u=24784),

I agree hell is a dreadful place to think of spending eternity in but!

The reasons I chose to seek God according to His revealed plan of salvation through His sacrifice (Christ Jesus work done/finished on earth) the reason I seek Him on this path is not to avoid hell and is not for the promise of golden streets and gem studded pearly gates but, the reason for me is to be restored to fellowship with my Creator.

For when I first earnestly started seeking Him (note* not started seeking but, earnestly seeking Him) when I first started seeking Him this way He responded by revealing the ways He shows His love and compassion for His creation....... This is why I seek to be restored to fellowship with Him and why I daily seek to be obedient to Him, for me anyway being saved from my deserved lot in hell is just a fringe benefit to entering fellowship into His family.