PDA

View Full Version : Living healthy?

steven4
Dec 2nd 2007, 03:43 AM
I would really like to start eating, living more healthy.
What are sum foods that carry what vitamins to help me be healthy. (ex. blackbeans, proteins with help .....etc.)
Healthy Christmas (http://www.healthknow.info/healthy_Christmas.asp)

Toolman
Dec 3rd 2007, 02:56 PM
Vegetables, Fruit and lean meats.

Need to supplement with a good multi-vitamin and some good fats like omega-3, flax seed oil and olive oil.

That will cover most of it.

steven4
Dec 4th 2007, 07:50 AM
What is heart healthy living and why is it important?

Duane Morse
Dec 4th 2007, 09:06 AM
I generally only eat one meal a day. Dinner.
I try to make it a good one.

A typical dinner would be ~1/2 pound of meat (salmon, chicken or beef/hamburger), a baked potato, french fries or mashed potatoes, and a large portion of vegy's (usually green (I like brocolli, asparagus and peas mostly), but sometimes orange or yellow), possibly some rolls.
And lot's of (real) butter, salt and pepper on those bakers and mashed.

All the meats get herbs (basil, thyme, rosemarry, sage etc).

And, a big glass of whole milk.

The only things I use actual spices in are pumpkin pie, and my world famous Curry Chicken (which my nephew literally can not get enough of).

I very seldom eat out, as I prefer a good home cooked (by me) meal (preferably on the BBQ).

Other than that, I will drink coffee, water and the occasional soda. Maybe a snack here and there, but seldom.

I have no health problems and only get sick once every 2-3 years with a cold or flu, which I let my own defenses take care of. No flu shots or other preventative meds, thank you very much.

Otter77
Dec 4th 2007, 02:35 PM
wow....

if I only ate one meal a day I'd be nearly unconscious before I got to the next meal... no clue how people do that. I can't even begin to imagine.

I start getting "weird" if I only eat 3 meals, honestly...

Hypoglycemic... yes.

steven4
Dec 8th 2007, 08:14 AM
Living a healthy lifestyle has become important since my dad has diabetes and my uncle died from heart disease. im 5'6 and 135 lbs. I used to be 5'6 and 120 in great shape until I got sick and then went on bc which made it hard for me to lose weight. Since Ive stopped using bc pills I have lost 6 lbs. I want to get down to 118 then tone up. Today I ate kasha glean cereal with light soy milk (170 cal's.) 3 slices of mango, south beach bar (140 cal's) veggie patty (70 cal's) fat free cottate cheese (123) asparagus (15) and tomatoes, mosserella cheese and avocado on top of my patty for dinner ill have a salad and meatless chicken. maybe some yogurt later on. I'm going to get 20 min. of high impact aerobics, 40 of pilates, 25 min's walk (1.8 miles) and then strength training.
Healthy Christmas ( http://www.healthknow.info/healthy_Christmas.asp)

Otter77
Dec 8th 2007, 05:40 PM
Living a healthy lifestyle has become important since my dad has diabetes and my uncle died from heart disease. im 5'6 and 135 lbs. I used to be 5'6 and 120 in great shape until I got sick and then went on bc which made it hard for me to lose weight. Since Ive stopped using bc pills I have lost 6 lbs. I want to get down to 118 then tone up. Today I ate kasha glean cereal with light soy milk (170 cal's.) 3 slices of mango, south beach bar (140 cal's) veggie patty (70 cal's) fat free cottate cheese (123) asparagus (15) and tomatoes, mosserella cheese and avocado on top of my patty for dinner ill have a salad and meatless chicken. maybe some yogurt later on. I'm going to get 20 min. of high impact aerobics, 40 of pilates, 25 min's walk (1.8 miles) and then strength training.
Healthy Christmas (http://www.healthknow.info/healthy_Christmas.asp)

Steven.... you're a man right?

:rofl:

Just kidding brother... the truth is I'm jealous of your dedication. Thank you for sharing!

Richard_a
Feb 23rd 2008, 03:55 PM
steven,
i have already mentioned to another member of this forum a great site i ran into a few weeks ago, called DiscussFitness (http://www.discussfitness.com). it has excellent information on all aspects of fitness and healthy living - healthy foods and dieting included. I suggest you check it out.
Ritchie