PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Salvation

don'tknow123
Dec 3rd 2007, 09:57 PM
Hi. I have been a "Christian" by name for a long time, but not really in practice. My parents went to church, but now I am seeking Christ for myself. I want to know for sure that I am saved, can someone help me to understand what it means to be saved.

Jesusinmyheart
Dec 4th 2007, 04:26 PM
What it means to be saved, is that you claim Yeshua as your advocate in heaven, your intercessor for your sins, and walk the walk He walked. This is to deny your body of the sinful passions commonly known to man, which all lead to sin, and you are called to be an overcomer, and follower of Christ.
This means that you immerse yourself in the Word on a daily basis, to learn and get to know Him. Then the Holy Spirit can write into your heart the truth and depth of the meaning of all things He has ever said.
When you start living the way of a disciple and look to Him for all your needs whether they be spiritual, mental, physical, and the Holy SPirit reminds you of scripture in different situations you can without a doubt know that you are His, and you are saved.

This sounds complicated, but it mustn't be. Having a closer relationship with Him means that you'll want to know and learn everything of Him you can, and this ensures your growth and being saved when you allow the Word to trasnform you.
The best place to go to that is the scriptures.

I hope this helps.

Shalom,
Tanja

Knowlife
Dec 5th 2007, 09:09 PM
Jesus said that unless a man be born again he can not enter the kingdom of God. You said you were a "Christian" by name and now you are truly searching. First find out what it means to be born agian. This I believe is the work and power of God. It is plane to see that all have sinned and broken the law of God, just look at the ten commandments, they make it clear that we all fall short. Just as Paul wrote in....Rom 7:7 (http://cf.blb.org/search/getBible.cfm?b=Rom&c=7&v=7&version=KJV#7)What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
The bible also says that we are to repent(turn from our sins) and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ(trust him). Go to Wayofthemasterradio and listen to the sermon...Am i really a Christian? I heard it last night and it is very helpful and hopefully will clear somethings up.
Last I suggest you get alone and cry out to God..He is not far from those who seek him,nor will he turn those away who come to him in a broken and contrite spirit.
May the God of grace and power find you.

alethos
Dec 5th 2007, 09:18 PM
Hi. I have been a "Christian" by name for a long time, but not really in practice. My parents went to church, but now I am seeking Christ for myself. I want to know for sure that I am saved, can someone help me to understand what it means to be saved.

The child of God can know for certain that they are saved, by the internal witnesses He gives to them.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are children of God.
Do you have God's Spirit witnessing with your spirit that you are a child of God? If so then you know without a doubt you are saved.

Partaker of Christ
Dec 5th 2007, 09:48 PM
Luke 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luke 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luke 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luke 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

To be saved, you need to see your need of Salvation, and who the Saviour is

Luke 18:15 And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
Luke 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Luke 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

You need to be like a child, who is powerless and unable to save themselves, and have a simple faith.

Luke 18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luke 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

No one is good, only God.

Frances
Dec 6th 2007, 07:55 PM
can someone help me to understand what it means to be saved.
things for you to consider:-
We are all Sinners - the penalty for Sin is Death (separation from God).
God Loved us so much that He wanted us to be able to receive His Forgiveness, so
He came to earth as Jesus Christ, to pay your penalty for your Sin on the cross, then He rose from the dead, before returning to Heaven. He is Alive, and invites you to rise to New Life with Him.. . . so

1) do you acknowledge that you are a Sinner? (that your behaviour has fallen short of God's standard of perfection?)
2) are you willing to repent (turn away from) your Sin?
3)Do you trust Jesus Christ to have died in your place paying your penalty for your Sin?
4) Do you believe He rose from the dead, to New Life?
5) Will you accept God's offer of Forgiveness?
6)Will you live the rest of your life to Glorify God, in submission to Him?
7) Would you like Jesus Christ to immerse/fill you in His Holy Spirit?

If your answer to all the above is an unqualified 'yes' I suggest you tell Him so in your own words . . . not forgetting to thank Him for His Gift of eternal Life.

Doer
Dec 10th 2007, 05:16 AM
oh do I got a great sermon for you.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=5220621750

Friend of I AM
Dec 18th 2007, 08:46 AM

By loving God and loving others.

John 13:35
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Continue to study and use the Bible as a guide on how to go about loving God and loving others in your life.

Semi-tortured
Dec 18th 2007, 06:02 PM
The child of God can know for certain that they are saved, by the internal witnesses He gives to them.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are children of God.
Do you have God's Spirit witnessing with your spirit that you are a child of God? If so then you know without a doubt you are saved.

That verse is good. But unfortunately, a lot of people obviously think the Spirit of God is witnessing to them and they aren't really saved. A Mormon I'm sure is CONVINCED they are saved and God is telling them they are. I feel like I'm saved. I run down the 10 tests in I John and I pass most of them with an A and the rest I probably get a C in. The main one I have a problem with is anxiously waiting God's return, not because I don't want to see Him necessarily, but I know that day is going to see a lot of people cast into the LoF. For my finite mind who still doesn't fully understand God's justice and wisdom, that's a rough thought.