PDA

View Full Version : I've lost about 75 pounds and recommend fitness!

Michigan Mike
Jan 8th 2008, 07:28 PM
At 6'1 and 291 I had to do something (49 years old). I started following the weight watchers diet (informally) and took up walking about a year ago. Last weigh in was about 217. My goal is 190.

I urge everyone in need to try a program. You won't regret it. I tried telling myself I couldn't do it, I was somehow big-boned or meant to be fat, etc.

I'm glad each day I did. I can't believe I feel so much better. I will be asking for and offering advice and encouragement regarding fitness!

Mike

Toolman
Jan 8th 2008, 07:30 PM
MM,

Man!! Congratulations on making that tremendous goal. Excellent encouragement.

Otter77
Jan 10th 2008, 03:17 AM
that's absolutely incredible Mike and I mean that with the greatest sincerity. For a guy like me to whine about needing to lose 30-40lbs... you certainly set the standard of manliness!!

Follow_Me_Infantry
Jan 10th 2008, 01:20 PM
WOW, Mike, that is incredible! Congratulations for having the tenacity to stick with your goals in this amazing accomplishment! It's especially encouraging given your age, as the older you are the harder it is to lose the weight.

I'm glad you posted this, brother. I've no doubt many are reading this and saying to themselves, If he can do it at 49, surely I can do it too!

Fantastic inspiration!

Michigan Mike
Jan 10th 2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Otter, I had a little too much manliness!

As for the age comments, I would only say I wish I had done it years ago.

And one recommendation - prayer! No matter the program you choose, always pray when you are tempted. The power of that amazed me, though it shouldn't have.

Reedan
Nov 21st 2008, 11:31 PM
At 6'1 and 291 I had to do something (49 years old). I started following the weight watchers diet (informally) and took up walking about a year ago. Last weigh in was about 217. My goal is 190.

I urge everyone in need to try a program. You won't regret it. I tried telling myself I couldn't do it, I was somehow big-boned or meant to be fat, etc.

I'm glad each day I did. I can't believe I feel so much better. I will be asking for and offering advice and encouragement regarding fitness!

Mike

Hey good job!:)

God bless you:)

AngelAuthor
Nov 27th 2008, 05:26 PM
That gives me an idea...thanks. Gonna see if my wife wants to join that for Chrsitmas this year.

That staement alone would be enough to get most men seriously killed. Fortunately my wife isn't like that. She's one of those women that has been struggling to lose the same 25 ponds forever and she's very open about it with me. Now that I think about it, Weight Watchers has been around forever so there must be something to the program that is more than just a fad...maybe she should give it a shot.

AndrewBaptistFL
Nov 27th 2008, 06:40 PM

Mike

Awesome job Mike! Praise God!

RedBird777
Nov 28th 2008, 05:33 AM
Dude, that's AWESOME!

Here's what I recommend for losing weight:

Eat a lot of lean meat, STAY AWAY FROM ALL BREAD. Eat a LOT of green veggies and fruits.
Also exercise at least once a day. It doesn't matter if it is a workout or cardio. I also recommend running for getting rid of that extra flab.

EDIT:
You can reward yourself with cake and stuff like that about once a week when you reach certain goals. Make mini-goals for yourself to get to the greater goal. It'll be MUCH better that way.