PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Book of Genesis QUESTION!

MissBonnie
Jan 10th 2008, 06:33 PM
My questions are:

What was the three sins that Cain committed (Genesis 4:2-5)?

Who are the 'giants' in Genesis 6:4?

i cant figure these out, any help?

Nihil Obstat
Jan 10th 2008, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the boards!

From where do you get the number of sins committed by Cain?

Reading through my responses here (http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=107224&page=2) (posts 24-61) should clarify this passage... blessings to you!

- Lk.11

MissBonnie
Jan 10th 2008, 10:42 PM
From a bible book im studying, if you'd like to check it out here's the link
http://www.padfield.com/acrobat/ot/genesis.pdf

Page 4 question 1.

Other wise,

Would the 1st sin be pride, anger, and murder?

sojourner42
Jan 10th 2008, 11:04 PM

If they are supposed to be in those verses, I don't see it. If you read a bit further, maybe you'll them? My guess is

1) something to do with the offering. For some reason it wasn't satisfactory to God. His attitude afterwards could also be considered sinful.

Gen 4:5 but He did not have regard for Cain and his offering. Cain was furious, and he was downcast.
Gen 4:6 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you furious? And why are you downcast?
Gen 4:7 If you do right, won't you be accepted?

2) Killing Abel (Gen 4:8)

3) Lying about it (Gen 4:9)

TEITZY
Jan 10th 2008, 11:34 PM
My questions are:

i cant figure these out, any help?

Hi MissBonnie & welcome to the Boards:)

With regard to Cain's three sins (could be more or less depending on who you are) I suppose one has to read between the lines a little. Obviously murder was the end result but Jesus tells us in Matt 15:19 that all sin begins in our hearts and works its way out in various forms. So the first sin would be to do with Cain's offering which was unacceptable to God. Here it showed Cain's lack of true faith in God and at the root of this was his pride. Cain believed he would be accepted by God because of what HE decided to bring (the work of his own hands). Following from this came his jealously that his brother Abel was accepted by God and he was not. I suppose you could also add hatred to the list as well.

So note just as Jesus explained in Matt 15, sin began in the heart of Cain (pride, jealousy, hatred) and eventually gave birth (see James 1:13-15) to murder.

As far as Gen 6:4, giants, sons of God etc. are concerned if you do a search here with those key words you will find enough threads to keep you going for a few years.:spin:

Cheers
Leigh

Braves27
Jan 11th 2008, 02:17 AM
For the second question, you could always just read the book of Enoch...:)

MissBonnie
Jan 11th 2008, 05:05 PM
TEITZY,

Thank you so much, you broke it down so well. I was beginning to think it had to do with pride, anger and murder. i just needed concrete solutions and backup to make it complete. Thanks a bunch, your great!

All of you have helped me so well. Deeply appreciated!