PDA

View Full Version : Getting baptised on Sunday

ImmenseDisciple
Jan 11th 2008, 11:47 PM
and there'll be plenty of friends and family there who don't know Christ. Please pray with me that my testimony will open their hearts to Him and send them seeking.

TEITZY
Jan 12th 2008, 12:27 AM
Great news:pp

Baptisms are a powerful testimony. I pray your unsaved family and friends will be drawn to Christ as they witness Christ in you.

Cheers
Leigh

Soj
Jan 12th 2008, 01:03 AM
and there'll be plenty of friends and family there who don't know Christ. Please pray with me that my testimony will open their hearts to Him and send them seeking.Praise the Lord! :pp

Are you preparing to give a word of testimony to the audience before the blessed event?

tma66
Jan 12th 2008, 01:44 AM
Congratulations, that is wonderful

beachbum53
Jan 12th 2008, 01:52 AM
Awesome! :pp Truly is a great testimony! I will say a prayer when finished here!

walked
Jan 12th 2008, 04:13 AM
Praying with you.

God bless you.

Phil Fourie
Jan 12th 2008, 08:22 AM
Praying that through your testimony great things will happen to the glory of the Lord

ImmenseDisciple
Jan 12th 2008, 11:23 AM
Are you preparing to give a word of testimony to the audience before the blessed event?
Yeah, I've been debating how much to write down in advance and how much to depend on the Spirit to guide me.. The past few weeks I've been going over all the different things I could say, but I think I'm just going to be putting a few basic points down and diverting heavily as I'm lead :D

karenoka27
Jan 12th 2008, 11:36 AM
Praying that the words you speak will be those that the Lord puts on your heart. May those who hear, have their hearts turn to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Praising the Lord with you as you are baptized tomorrow!

Frances
Jan 12th 2008, 05:21 PM
:pray: that you will allow the Lord to use you tomorrow in His Way for His Glory . . . and that He will Bless you beyond your wildest dreams. :)

Soj
Jan 12th 2008, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I've been debating how much to write down in advance and how much to depend on the Spirit to guide me.. The past few weeks I've been going over all the different things I could say, but I think I'm just going to be putting a few basic points down and diverting heavily as I'm lead :DAmen, that's fantastic!

Your baptism is a public testimony of what you have believed, may those in attendance who don't know Christ be inspired to consider following your lead. May God have liberty in their hearts to speak to them about their sin and need for the Saviour, amen.

ImmenseDisciple
Jan 13th 2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks for your prayers everyone, it was a glorious day. The testimony had a real impact, they've never had an account quite like it at the church, so even those who have seen many baptisms there were blown away. It was clear to those who had never attended a baptism before that I was talking completely from the heart, and I'm sure that some have been set on their path to Him, and all had their hearts softened. Of the clergy, several have come forward to the pastor saying that hearing my testimony was a real blessing to them, and one person came forward asking to be baptised as a result. I'm humbled that He could use my words to speak to someone like that :pray: Glory to our Lord!

karenoka27
Jan 13th 2008, 09:12 PM
Praise the Lord! Have you posted your testimony here on the boards in the testimony forum?

ImmenseDisciple
Jan 13th 2008, 11:04 PM
Yes, although it's nowhere near the testimony I gave at church :D
I went through my faith as a child, my strong atheist leadings and then explained as well as is possible my first experience of the almighty - my baptism of the spirit. I had a little more to say about misconceptions I had about faith, but I thought some of the non-believers would take it the wrong way, so I left it at that.