PDA

View Full Version : Movies

Sherrie
Jan 14th 2008, 01:54 AM
What's the last movie you rented or bought? Was it worth it? I thought we could share. You know; tell alittle about the movie. I am having a hard time finding a movie to watch.

I just got done watching 'Pirates Of The Caribbeans... At Worlds End'. The third one. It was better to me, than the other two. 3 hours long. With my job, it took me three days to watch it. Finally finished it. Wonder if there is going to be a 4?

Cloudwalker
Jan 14th 2008, 02:03 AM
I have "The Court Jester" comming from Netflix. Should be very funny. It stars Danny Kaye at his best.

Sherrie
Jan 14th 2008, 02:07 AM
Oh yeah...I love those old movies! Loved the one with Danny Kaye in The Five Pennies.

Cloudwalker
Jan 14th 2008, 02:17 AM
Anything with Danny Kaye is great. I've seen it before. On one show I saw that was talking about it they were talking about the fencing scene. It was supposed to be between Danny Kaye and Basel Rathbone but Danny and his fencing teacher got so fast at it that Rathbone couldn't keep up so they ended up filming it with Kaye and the fencing instructor.

karenoka27
Jan 14th 2008, 03:41 AM
I'm not a big movie person but found myself at the movies twice this week! So when these movies come out on dvd, I recommend them.

National Treasure 2

Kite Runner (read the book..movie was good...not as good as the book but still good!)

Jeanne D
Jan 14th 2008, 04:07 AM
We just watched "Facing the Giants" last night and really enjoyed it.
It was very inspirational.

Jeanne

the inside out
Jan 14th 2008, 04:12 AM
I bought "Empire Records" about a week ago. It's a cult classic! I love it! Before that I bought Memento.

The next movies I'm buying are "Gone Baby Gone" and "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"

kasanm
Jan 14th 2008, 05:55 AM
Hi Sherrie, :wave:

I highly recommend The Last Sin Eater.

It was a book written by Christian fiction author, Francine Rivers. It was made into a movie and directed by Michael Landon, Jr. It came out in theaters for only one weekend last March and I missed it. I had to wait until May, when it came out on dvd. I own the movie, kayte owns the movie, and her daughter mosey owns it as well. We all LOVE it and have watched it over and over. In fact, it may be time to watch it again. :D

It is very moving. I don't want to say a lot about it because you just need to see it! :) I don't think you'd be disappointed. ;)

ddmor
Jan 14th 2008, 06:19 AM
One of the Christmas presents I got was a collection of 250 old movies, and I've been having a blast watching them!! I've only watched 8 since I got them, but part of the fun is looking for what would be good. (It will be a long time before I can say I've seen everything in the house!)

The best one out of the group so far has been a Danny Kaye movie, The Inspector General. Not as good as The Court Jester, but very entertaining.

Duane Morse
Jan 14th 2008, 07:14 AM
I got a laugh from Underdog last week.

I used to watch the cartoon all the time (how many) decades ago?

Funny movie.

Thirst
Jan 14th 2008, 07:27 AM
What's the last movie you rented or bought? Was it worth it? I thought we could share. You know; tell alittle about the movie. I am having a hard time finding a movie to watch.

I just got done watching 'Pirates Of The Caribbeans... At Worlds End'. The third one. It was better to me, than the other two. 3 hours long. With my job, it took me three days to watch it. Finally finished it. Wonder if there is going to be a 4?

I am pretty sure that Pirates is a trilogy, so there won't be any more made. That was it.

I enjoyed it; but the first one is still the best I think.

Slug1
Jan 14th 2008, 07:29 AM
Last movie I watched on DVD was The Kingdom and the last movie I watched at the theater was I Am Legend. I enjoyed both of these movies.

Lefty
Jan 14th 2008, 07:43 AM
The Great Debaters was the best film I've seen in a long time.

miepie
Jan 14th 2008, 08:04 AM
The last movie on DVD we saw was The March of the Penguins...... it was a gift and we loved it! :pp If you love animals, I can recommend it!
We also just watched season 9 of Jerry Seinfeld...... very nice too!
But my favourite movie still is Clipping Adam..... nothing special effects or actors (well besides Kevin something who played Hercules has a role in it) but the most beautiful movie I have ever seen, simple, to the point but the one I always want to watch when I don't feel good as it gives me so much courage, even though I know constantly what will happen, as we have seen it at least 5 or 6 times by now (maybe even more)......
We also have the British tv-series of the Chronicles of Narnia, which I love too...... and finally we recently saw the DVD from Monthy Python's search of the Holy Grail again...... very funny indeed!

We love DVD's as we don't have a tv anymore (threw it out more than a year ago)...... :)

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

skc53
Jan 14th 2008, 10:13 AM
Michael Landon Jr. is a great director. The last movie that I bought was Donovan's Reef with John Wayne. Love that movie. The movie that I bought before that one is "Wild Hogs" with Tim Allen, and John Travolta. It's a good movie. There is a scene or 2 that I could do without, but other than that it will keep you laughing.:rofl:

Michigan Mike
Jan 14th 2008, 04:21 PM
Made a rare trip to the theatre a week or two ago and saw "I am Legend" with Will Smith. Great movie, but if you have a problem with horror or very suspenseful movies you might have a problem with this one.

My wife does and she wasn't expecting a movie quite like this. Still, she said it was good, but was jittery afterward!

Would like to get out and see Mr Wilson's War and The Bucket List. Anyone seen those?

Semi-tortured
Jan 14th 2008, 05:02 PM
National Treasure 2 was good. I was very surprised cause the first one left me cold. (which begs the question, why did I spend 10 bucks each for me and my fiance to watch the second one when we didn't like the first) I saw Juno. It was pretty good, but I'm not sure why everyone is praising it like it's the greatest comedy of the last 10 years. It was funny. It takes a semi anti-abortion stance, but lots of the other stuff in the movie is a little "worldly."

groovemongrel
Jan 14th 2008, 05:08 PM

That movie was awesome. I'd hate to be sitting in a movie theater that long though. Glad I rented it.

Kat2911
Jan 14th 2008, 05:20 PM
We have "We Are Marshall," "3:10 to Yuma" and "Transformers" at home to watch from Netflix. The last movie we watched on DVD was "The Bourne Ultimatum" -- we really enjoyed it!

The last movie we saw in the theater was "Alvin and the Chipmunks." Surprisingly, we laughed out loud during the movie and fully enjoyed it!

groovemongrel
Jan 14th 2008, 05:26 PM
We have "We Are Marshall,"

This movie is fantastic. You'll cry.

Kat2911
Jan 14th 2008, 05:28 PM
This movie is fantastic. You'll cry.
That's actually why we haven't seen it yet. We've had it at home for more than a month, but with some rather stressful and sad things going on in our lives, we didn't want to watch something that would make us cry. I think we're finally at a time where we can watch it! http://forums.wdwmagic.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

groovemongrel
Jan 14th 2008, 05:31 PM
That's actually why we haven't seen it yet. We've had it at home for more than a month, but with some rather stressful and sad things going on in our lives, we didn't want to watch something that would make us cry. I think we're finally at a time where we can watch it! http://forums.wdwmagic.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

Oh well, it will be something different to cry about.

Cloudwalker
Jan 14th 2008, 05:55 PM
Actually, if you watch the end of the last Pirates movie they have left themselves open for another so there may be more.

Semi-tortured
Jan 14th 2008, 06:33 PM
Actually, if you watch the end of the last Pirates movie they have left themselves open for another so there may be more.

And Depp has gone on record saying he'd continue doing Pirates movies as long as they want him to. He loves doing them.

Loved
Jan 15th 2008, 07:49 AM
Last movie I watched was Dream Girls (I'm behind on the times. lol). I didn't even sit through it I was so bored with it. Just wasn't impressed with it for some reason.

Before that I watched Sense & Sensibility, which I bought for my sister for Christmas. If you like the period movies like Pride & Prejudice you'd probably enjoy Sense & Sensibility. :) Watched Pirates 3 on Christmas day and hated the ending. I'm not a big fan of any of those movies, though. Just not my taste. :)

skc53
Jan 15th 2008, 08:19 AM
I haven't seen The Bucket List, but I've seen it advertised. I'm not a fan of Jack Nicholson but I think he would be ok in this movie and it looks like it would be funny.:pp

sojourner42
Jan 15th 2008, 08:55 AM
The last movie I watched was The Second Chance (2006). It was pretty good and thought provoking although it seemed more "low-budget" than other movies.

Another movie that I like is Secondhand Lions. That one is funny even when it's not trying to be. They did a great job with the characters.

VisionOfYou
Jan 15th 2008, 02:16 PM
Last movie I watched was Dream Girls (I'm behind on the times. lol). I didn't even sit through it I was so bored with it. Just wasn't impressed with it for some reason.

We watched that a while ago and I agree, I wasn't impressed. The only part I liked was when Beyonce sang "You Should Have Listened".

I saw Flyboys the other day; I wasn't expecting to like it, but dh finally convinced me to watch it and it was really good. We picked up a dvd of 20 of Alfred Hitchcock's older movies at Wal-Mart for $5, and have been enjoying those...there are even a couple of silent movies from the '20s. Oh, and we watched Amazing Grace recently - that one was good, too.

Michigan Mike
Jan 15th 2008, 04:28 PM
I haven't seen The Bucket List, but I've seen it advertised. I'm not a fan of Jack Nicholson but I think he would be ok in this movie and it looks like it would be funny.:pp

FWIW, I know a couple of people that saw it and they enjoyed it. :)

Kat2911
Jan 15th 2008, 04:32 PM
Well, we watched "3:10 to Yuma" last night. I didn't think I would like westerns, but I really liked this movie. It was very well written and there was a great amount of character development, which you just don't see a lot of these days. I'm giving it five stars on my Netflix ratings! ;)

kayte
Jan 15th 2008, 05:28 PM
I've got to chime in with kasanm and repeat that The Last Sin Eater is very good.
And who wouldn't enjoy Second Hand Lions??? Great movie!

I enjoy Alfred Hitchcock films, too. The good guys ALWAYS win and the bad guys always get busted (one way or another) in the end. I want that DVD you found at walmart, VisionOfYou!

Sherrie
Jan 15th 2008, 06:15 PM
I want that DVD you found at walmart, VisionOfYou!

:lol:

Thanks for the laugh. It was well needed.
Sherrie

Semi-tortured
Jan 15th 2008, 07:15 PM
Well, we watched "3:10 to Yuma" last night. I didn't think I would like westerns, but I really liked this movie. It was very well written and there was a great amount of character development, which you just don't see a lot of these days. I'm giving it five stars on my Netflix ratings! ;)

Oh. I saw 3:10 to Yuma back in the theater months ago. It is a heck of a movie. Best movie of the year. I'm not a huge Russel Crowe fan, but he was dynamite in the movie.

teddyv
Jan 15th 2008, 09:09 PM
We saw the 3rd Pirates quite recently, but I didn't like it very much. It seems they started taking the whole thing way too seriously when the first was just more fun and whimsical. Also, since I hadn't seen the second one wince it was in theatres, both my wife and I were looking at each trying to remember what exactly was going on.

The last movie we saw was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (got the trilogy for Christmas).

Kat2911
Jan 15th 2008, 09:11 PM
We saw the 3rd Pirates quite recently, but I didn't like it very much. It seems they started taking the whole thing way too seriously when the first was just more fun and whimsical. Also, since I hadn't seen the second one wince it was in theatres, both my wife and I were looking at each trying to remember what exactly was going on.

The last movie we saw was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (got the trilogy for Christmas).
We felt the same way.

PayableOnDeath
Jan 17th 2008, 03:13 PM

Not a Nicholson fan???:o I'm shocked! j/k

The last movie I bought was "A Night At The Roxbury"
I'm collecting all the Will Ferrell movies(the ones he starred in and the ones he did cameos in), and I have all but two.
Kicking And Screaming
and
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

The other movie I bought along with "Roxbury" was Gremlins.
Great movie. Did you know that Howie Mandel did the voice
of Gizmo??? Just thought you should know...

nebula_omega
Jan 17th 2008, 04:59 PM
Secondhand Lions was an excellent movie. And The Bucket List is definitely at the top of my list to see next. And 27 Dresses looked like a cute romantic comedy too. I just don't get to go to the movies that much, they're so expensive!

cheech
Jan 17th 2008, 05:07 PM
I love old movies and Danny Kaye! AND I use to get up early for school (grade school that is) and watch the Underdog cartoons "THERE'S NO NEED TO FEAR...UNDERDOG IS HERE! :pp" :lol:

I bought the remake of Hairspray with John Travolta cuz me and my daughter wanted to watch it. I can't help it...I just love John Travolta in these movies...he is so funny!

Da Roc
Jan 18th 2008, 03:15 AM
Hi,

I watched 3:10 to Yuma, it didn't ring true to me. I didn't believe in the character (R. C.) ending up like that (thought that someone like that would never do what he did).

I am a John Wayne and Clint Eastwood fan and this movie just didn't seem to click like those.

For a real old one with a meessage try The Angel and the Badman.

Just my 2.

Peace,

Da Roc

turtledove
Jan 18th 2008, 03:57 AM
Hi,

I watched 3:10 to Yuma, it didn't ring true to me. I didn't believe in the character (R. C.) ending up like that (thought that someone like that would never do what he did).

I am a John Wayne and Clint Eastwood fan and this movie just didn't seem to click like those.

For a real old one with a meessage try The Angel and the Badman.

Just my 2.

Peace,

Da Roc

I saw this one last summer; but then purchased the original version with Glenn Ford in the Russell Crowe role. If you like really good westerns of the 50's it's a winner. And the B/W works. The ending is a bit different and worth comparing versions. Acting is just as good if not better. Story line the same.

turtledove
Jan 18th 2008, 04:04 AM
We watched and really enjoyed the DVD of "Gracie" the other night. Set in 1978 it is the story of a girl who wants to play on an all boys' soccer team and is coached by her own father before the try-outs.

It is loosely based on the story of the Shue family. Elizabeth Shue (plays the mother in the story) and her brother plays the JV coach. Remember it was 1978 when girl's didn't hardly get to play varsity soccer and not with the boys ever. Great movie especially for soccer fans. Also tells much about family relationships and love.

skc53
Jan 19th 2008, 11:30 AM
FWIW, I know a couple of people that saw it and they enjoyed it. :)

Yeah, from what I saw of the advertisment it would be a good movie. I'm going to have to get that one, and it might just change my mind about Jack Nicholsan.;)

beachbum53
Jan 20th 2008, 03:52 AM
Sitting here 2 weeks ago sick and clicked on netflix to try. I got The pursuit of happiness, mainly for DH but I really enjoyed it, watched The Nativity story also. I had to ask around what to get cause I haven't even rented movies ever or go. I have The King and I, The Queen, Facing the Giants, the Notebook, Amazing grace, Something the Lord made, [friend recommended] in my Queue to receive.

Cloudwalker
Jan 20th 2008, 04:03 AM
I have somewhere over 300 movies in my netflix queue

beachbum53
Jan 20th 2008, 04:10 AM
I have somewhere over 300 movies in my netflix queue

just going to bed but had to come back and say :eek: :o

feel free to pass some recommendations on :lol:

Thirst
Jan 20th 2008, 10:11 AM
My wife and I were spontaneous tonight and went to the movies. We watched P.S.: I Love You. Good show. She loves movies like that, so we went.

We then decided to watch another movie... Atonement. Not as good as I thought it would be, although it was worth it I guess. The ending leaves you feeling pretty unsatisfied, but I digress.

$34 at the movies for us tonight... Both movies were above average, but PS was the better of the two.

Maka
Jan 20th 2008, 10:16 AM
I'm going to try and watch Cloverfield in the next week.

Loved
Jan 20th 2008, 09:28 PM
Keep the recommendations coming--'nother Netflixer here. :) I have The Last Sin Easter in my queue.

I saw The Bucket List last night in the theater and was disappointed that it wasn't as funny as advertised. It was actually rather heavy and emotional. It was a good movie. A good bit of language and some sexual references.

Cloudwalker
Jan 20th 2008, 09:47 PM
I would hartely recommend anything that has Danny Kaye or Bob Hope in it. If you like musicals I would recommed anything with Howard Keel, paticularly Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and Kiss Me Kate. And Singing in the Rain is a classic. Those are just a few that come to mind. given time I can list a number of other musicals that are classics.

turtledove
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:49 PM
My wife and I were spontaneous tonight and went to the movies. We watched P.S.: I Love You. Good show. She loves movies like that, so we went.

We then decided to watch another movie... Atonement. Not as good as I thought it would be, although it was worth it I guess. The ending leaves you feeling pretty unsatisfied, but I digress.

$34 at the movies for us tonight... Both movies were above average, but PS was the better of the two.

Yes, Atonement, was well done, a real tragic ending, which leaves you ?????? about what might have been 'if only'-----? I am always looking for a good romantic comedy like the Tom Hanks - Meg Ryan ones ten or so years ago. May go see "P.S." Isn't the male lead the same guy who was the phantom in the "Phantom of the Opera." musical?

PayableOnDeath
Jan 24th 2008, 02:50 AM
Just watched the new Teenage mutant ninja turtles movie. better than expected, really old tmnt fan right here:D. Ever since it first came out.
thought it was a bit heavy for a cartoon though.
anyone see juno yet???

HisBlood
Jan 24th 2008, 03:02 AM
Yes, Atonement, was well done, a real tragic ending, which leaves you ?????? about what might have been 'if only'-----? I am always looking for a good romantic comedy like the Tom Hanks - Meg Ryan ones ten or so years ago. May go see "P.S." Isn't the male lead the same guy who was the phantom in the "Phantom of the Opera." musical?

If you're talking about Gerard Butler, he also played in 300 as King Lyonidas. Not quite sure he played in Phantom of the Opera, but I think he did.

Some other good ones are I Am Legend, National Treasure (the first one), and Eastern Promises (violent, but good).

Semi-tortured
Jan 24th 2008, 08:34 PM
If you're talking about Gerard Butler, he also played in 300 as King Lyonidas. Not quite sure he played in Phantom of the Opera, but I think he did.

Some other good ones are I Am Legend, National Treasure (the first one), and Eastern Promises (violent, but good).

Honestly, I liked the second National Treasure (the recent one) a lot more than the first. I didn't care for the first at all (which, once again, begs the question why I even bothered to see the second). Eastern Promises was pretty rough. Could have done without the sauna scene for reasons other than the violence. :eek:

the inside out
Jan 24th 2008, 10:49 PM
Just watched the new Teenage mutant ninja turtles movie. better than expected, really old tmnt fan right here:D. Ever since it first came out.
thought it was a bit heavy for a cartoon though.
anyone see juno yet???
GREAT MOVIE!!!!

Pleroo
Jan 24th 2008, 11:14 PM
Last movie we bought was Dreamgirls. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It helped having hubby watching with me since he's knowledgable about music history of that time period and filled me in on things that made it more interesting to watch. But, even without that, it would've been good.

Pleroo
Jan 24th 2008, 11:16 PM
I would hartely recommend anything that has Danny Kaye or Bob Hope in it. If you like musicals I would recommed anything with Howard Keel, paticularly Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and Kiss Me Kate. And Singing in the Rain is a classic. Those are just a few that come to mind. given time I can list a number of other musicals that are classics.

Seven Brides is one of our all time family favorites. We've worn out 3 or 4 copies of it. Joseph with Donnie Osmond is another one of our favorite musicals.

HisBlood
Jan 25th 2008, 01:33 AM
Honestly, I liked the second National Treasure (the recent one) a lot more than the first. I didn't care for the first at all (which, once again, begs the question why I even bothered to see the second). Eastern Promises was pretty rough. Could have done without the sauna scene for reasons other than the violence. :eek:

The second one was just as good as the first one, I thought. I just prefer the first one. Both were extremely well done, in my opinion.

Eastern Promises was rough, hence the word "violent" in parentheses. The sauna scene was . . . umm . . . interesting. It would have been better had they kept the towel on. Other than that, I thought it was well done too.

Beowulf was very good too. It stayed pretty well aligned with the original legend.

turtledove
Jan 26th 2008, 08:27 PM
Last movie we bought was Dreamgirls. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It helped having hubby watching with me since he's knowledgable about music history of that time period and filled me in on things that made it more interesting to watch. But, even without that, it would've been good.

I remember the Temptations and the Supremes from that era. It was a great musical and very well acted.

Cloudwalker
Jan 26th 2008, 10:30 PM
I just finished watching annother old classic. "Mister Roberts" starring Henry Fonda, Jack Lemmon, Jimmy Cagnie, Ward Bond and a bunch of other old greats. I think the next movie that netflix is sending me is a Cagnie movie where he plays George M. Cohan. Most people remember Cagnie from his gangster movies and forget he was an excelent "song and dance" man as well.

turtledove
Jan 27th 2008, 02:56 PM
I just finished watching annother old classic. "Mister Roberts" starring Henry Fonda, Jack Lemmon, Jimmy Cagnie, Ward Bond and a bunch of other old greats. I think the next movie that netflix is sending me is a Cagnie movie where he plays George M. Cohan. Most people remember Cagnie from his gangster movies and forget he was an excelent "song and dance" man as well.

Yes, it's Yankee Doodle Dandy which is based on the life of Cohan. Enjoy!

turtledove
Jan 27th 2008, 03:02 PM

Just checked it on my DVD. Yes, Gerard Butler did play the part of the Phantom of the Opera in the movie version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical---- opposite Emmy Rossum as Christine. :)
Michael Crawford played the role on stage in the same musical.

HisBlood
Jan 27th 2008, 07:32 PM
Just checked it on my DVD. Yes, Gerard Butler did play the part of the Phantom of the Opera in the movie version of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical---- opposite Emmy Rossum as Christine. :)
Michael Crawford played the role on stage in the same musical.

I didn't particularly like the movie version of the musical. It was okay, but I think it's better on stage.

PayableOnDeath
Jan 27th 2008, 07:39 PM
I didn't particularly like the movie version of the musical. It was okay, but I think it's better on stage.

I absolutely loved the movie... I thought his voice was perfect. It almost had a lions purr to it. You know what I'm talkin about??
A James Earl Jones purr. like when he played Mufasa.
Or Jeremy Irons playing Scar.
Now theres two men I could listen to all day long.
They just have one of those voices....
Anyways
Just got done watching last night a Madea movie.
I can do bad all by myself: by Tyler Perry.
You should watch it its hilarious and has a really good message.
In fact I recommend any tyler perry movie:D

nebula_omega
Jan 28th 2008, 12:52 AM

I haven't seen it on stage yet. My mom saw the stage version and the movie. She said the stage version was better, but the movie helped her understand the plot more.

HisBlood
Jan 28th 2008, 02:15 AM
Tyler Perry movies are hilarious, as well as possessing a good message! I would recommend any of his movies to anybody who was looking for a good laugh.

Another good movie would be Becoming Jane. It was really well done I thought. And, on that note, the new Pride and Prejudice was good too.

Fracture, with Anthony Hopkins, was well done too. It made you think. Just about anything with Anthony Hopkins in it, in my opinion, is good though. He's a great actor. Zodiac was good, but the ending was so-so.

turtledove
Jan 28th 2008, 01:33 PM

Didn't get to see it on stage; but am sure it was better. Michael Crawford's voice was much better than Butler's (I thought). I had the CD of the on stage version. Great music! :cool:

bornagain
Jan 28th 2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Y'all, I am a huge movie buff, I dont mean to change the subject but what do y'all think about movies that that have bad language or using the the Lords name in vain or a short nudity scene. Most movies have the language but does that mean I should or shouldnt rent or buy it? I have the old Walking Tall movies with Buford Pusser from the
70s. I love those movies but there are short nudity scenes and where he was breaking up the prositutions houses. Just like to hear some opinions.

Confused64
Jan 28th 2008, 03:28 PM
Hi Y'all, I am a huge movie buff, I dont mean to change the subject but what do y'all think about movies that that have bad language or using the the Lords name in vain or a short nudity scene. Most movies have the language but does that mean I should or shouldnt rent or buy it? I have the old Walking Tall movies with Buford Pusser from the
70s. I love those movies but there are short nudity scenes and where he was breaking up the prositutions houses. Just like to hear some opinions.

I'm pretty open with movies and music, though there are some things that I'm just not comfortable with. A lot of times I'll look at what the artist's/director's personal views are. Bad language doesn't bother me, depending on how it's used. Nudity doesn't bother me, as long as it's integral to the story line.

My personal view is that God blessed these artists with the ability to create.

I<3Jesus
Jan 28th 2008, 04:46 PM
My taste in movies is so crazy I could never begin to give recommendations. We did watch the Polar Express for the first time the other night and I have to say that I was not impressed with the story line. The animation was ground breaking, but the story was meh.

Semi-tortured
Jan 28th 2008, 07:27 PM
I watched Rambo IV this weekend. Brutally violent. And I mean BRUTALLY. I read interviews with Sly and he said he wanted to make sure everyone got a taste of the kind of violence going on in Burmah everyday. But some of the scenes when Rambo was killing badguys were so over the top, I just can't say it was necessary. I mean, there was a sniper using a 50 caliber rifle and doing head shots. Anybody got any idea what a 50 caliber shell does to a head?

Confused64
Jan 29th 2008, 03:04 PM
Saw Cloverfield this past weekend- it did not disappoint.

Semi-tortured
Jan 29th 2008, 04:36 PM
Saw Cloverfield this past weekend- it did not disappoint.

Really? It disappointed me. I just couldn't get into it. This summer is going to rock though. Indy 4, Narnia, Dark Knight, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk and Wall-E (new Pixar movie). It's gonna be sweet.

xSTEADFASTx
Jan 29th 2008, 04:54 PM
Last movie I saw; Juno; loved it.

Walk Hard was good.
Balls Of Fury was meh.
Beowolf in 3D was AMAZING [even tough beowolf reminds me of hulk hogan in some scenes]

Last movie I rented:

DeathProof; it was ok; hard to follow; but again; it was that kind of movie on purpose.

Last movie on demand:

High Tension: Storyline was a little meh; and I would of enjoyed it more if it was in all french with subtitles.

Kat2911
Jan 29th 2008, 05:29 PM
Anyone see "Atonement" yet?

Sherrie
Feb 4th 2008, 08:55 PM
I just watched 3:10 To Yuma, with Russel Crowe. Pretty good western.

Trailer:

http://www.310toyumathefilm.com/

cnw
Feb 4th 2008, 09:51 PM
Please upon recomending movies, please remember to state whether it is clean or not. I love movies too. before my husband gotr saved 2 years ago I saw almost every one that came out. I agree with above posters. Some of these recommended movies have sex scenes, and foul lang and serious violence. It isn't just a personal preference, It is blantlently stated in God's word to live in Holiness and nudity even in its artistic movie form...otherwise known as Porn, isn't in the least Holy....and if bad languarge doesn't affect you???? Why not.

I wanted to see sin eater but wasn't sure if it would disappoint me as I loved the book.
I loved the notebook but was disappointed in the sex scene-wasn't needed.
the pirate movies were funny, but the 2nd I couldn't stand.
I loved the national treasure movies. They were good and entertaining.

Tru_Knyte
Feb 4th 2008, 10:42 PM
Last two movies I saw were Cloverfield and Strange Wilderness. I wouldn't recommend either if you don't feel comfortable with crude language, occasional scenes of nudity, etc.