PDA

View Full Version : Boy, am I in hot water

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 01:51 AM
I have a situation on my hands. My wife and I disagreed about something, and now it has become obvious I was right. Now, we know this can mean real trouble for a husband. Can anyone help me out on how to handle this jam???

Slug1
Jan 23rd 2008, 01:53 AM
Smile ONLY on the inside and you should be ok.

cheech
Jan 23rd 2008, 01:56 AM
Well...I'd start with flowers...then a nice dinner...a piece of jewelry would be nice. Then a wonderful card that tells her how much you love her and then in the card apologize for being right.

That should do it...it would for me :D.

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 01:57 AM
Smile ONLY on the inside and you should be ok.

Yep, an external smile would be fatal.

Slug1
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:01 AM
Yep, an external smile would be fatal.Don't do what Cheech says... doesn't work cause you'll still be right :P

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:03 AM
Well...I\'d start with flowers...then a nice dinner...a piece of jewelry would be nice. Then a wonderful card that tells her how much you love her and then in the card apologize for being right.

That should do it...it would for me http://bibleforums.org/.

That would be getting off easy, but it\'s worth a shot.

theabaud
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:06 AM
Well...I'd start with flowers...then a nice dinner...a piece of jewelry would be nice. Then a wonderful card that tells her how much you love her and then in the card apologize for being right.

That should do it...it would for me :D.Wait a minute, I am confused, I have to do all that stuff when I am right too? I want a nice dinner, I want chocolate! If I'm right I should get the STUFF!

OH well, I guess that is the man's punishment for being right all the time. ;)

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:07 AM
Don\'t do what Cheech says... doesn\'t work cause you\'ll still be right http://bibleforums.org/

Sort of an admission of guilt really. :(

dhtraveler
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:10 AM
As a women let me speak. Down play being right. but when she is right up-play it and tell her how smart / wise she is.

dht

cheech
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:12 AM
Don't listen to slug...that's why he's always in the dog house :D. Trust me in this...just trust me :D.

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:14 AM
Wait a minute, I am confused, I have to do all that stuff when I am right too? I want a nice dinner, I want chocolate! If I\'m right I should get the STUFF!

OH well, I guess that is the man\'s punishment for being right all the time. http://bibleforums.org/

Men do not GET things. Remember that. ;)

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:16 AM
As a women let me speak. Down play being right. but when she is right up-play it and tell her how smart / wise she is.

dht

Ah. Flattery gets me everywhere. :)

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:18 AM
Don\'t listen to slug...that\'s why he\'s always in the dog house http://bibleforums.org/. Trust me in this...just trust me http://bibleforums.org/.

Hmmph. You have probably already made a long distance woman type connection with her as we speak.

Big T
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:22 AM
An "I told you so" is a good thing. Oh, and bring up an instance of being right from a few months ago.

cheech
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:38 AM
Hmmph. You have probably already made a long distance woman type connection with her as we speak.

Yeah...I had to wear the really big connectors for this one! :lol:

An "I told you so" is a good thing. Oh, and bring up an instance of being right from a few months ago.

And people think I'm giving the wrong advice? :rolleyes:

Ayala
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:47 AM

You, my good sirz, are tryin to get this man thrown out of his bedroom.

Mike, just tell her you love her and do somethin enjoyable with her for the evening. Approach all situations with humility and love and you can't go wrong.

Big T
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:55 AM
and make sure you tell her how humble you are.....

FaithfulSheep
Jan 23rd 2008, 03:58 AM

Big T --> http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m72/jdarnall2001/Smilies/10_9_132.gifMrs. Big T.

:rofl: :P :lol: :cool: :hug:

jeffreys
Jan 23rd 2008, 04:11 AM
I have a situation on my hands. My wife and I disagreed about something, and now it has become obvious I was right. Now, we know this can mean real trouble for a husband. Can anyone help me out on how to handle this jam???

I'd suggest you just tell her that you were right, and she knows it.

The deal is, you're going to take your wuppin' one way or the other. You might as well be upfront about it, and get it over with! :)

Jeanne D
Jan 23rd 2008, 04:54 AM
Don't gloat, she knows you were right; no need to rub it in.

Jeanne

bornagain
Jan 23rd 2008, 05:29 AM
Dinner and a movie should do it, just be humble when you ask her to take you. ha. :) :)

bornagain
Jan 23rd 2008, 05:30 AM
just kidding ladies

JesusLovesYou
Jan 23rd 2008, 07:08 AM
Yep, an external smile would be fatal.
:rofl:.........

Duane Morse
Jan 23rd 2008, 08:18 AM

dht
All about the woman's ego then?
Cater to it no matter what?

How about, the woman should learn to be humble enough to admit when she is wrong - without reprisals?

How about, give credit where credit is due?

Or is it with women such a thing of pure vanity?

Both sides should be adult (mature) enough to admit defeat - or to claim victory - without putting the other in an insulting or demeaning position.

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 01:57 PM

Why don't I jump in front of a Mack truck too?

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 01:58 PM
You, my good sirz, are tryin to get this man thrown out of his bedroom.

Mike, just tell her you love her and do somethin enjoyable with her for the evening. Approach all situations with humility and love and you can't go wrong.

I'm not sure love will cover an offense like this. ;)

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 01:58 PM
Dinner and a movie should do it, just be humble when you ask her to take you. ha. :) :)

Heh. That is a good one.

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:00 PM
I'd suggest you just tell her that you were right, and she knows it.

The deal is, you're going to take your wuppin' one way or the other. You might as well be upfront about it, and get it over with! :)

It's gonna hurt. :lol:

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:01 PM
Don't gloat, she knows you were right; no need to rub it in.

Jeanne

You got that right. I've learned something over the past 25 years.

St_Michael
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:01 PM
hehehe.....

In all things be gracious my friend..... a dinner out wouldn't hurt either :)

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:02 PM

How about, the woman should learn to be humble enough to admit when she is wrong - without reprisals?

Both sides should be adult (mature) enough to admit defeat - or to claim victory - without putting the other in an insulting or demeaning position.

Haven't you read THE RULES? ;)

St_Michael
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:05 PM
hehehe.. I dont think he has read the user manual :)

VisionOfYou
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:29 PM

Wait, what? This is how it's supposed to go? And here I've always just shrugged and said ok. :B
:D

Faithful1
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:39 PM

This is why we (the women) LOVE Cheech... she is so very wise and always RIGHT like the rest of us women.

If you play this off right you can completely avoid any punishment for being right... it is a tricky move but with practice you can pull it off!

dhtraveler
Jan 23rd 2008, 02:52 PM

Not getting enough attention?? Where is your sense of humor:D

dht

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 04:08 PM
This is why we (the women) LOVE Cheech... she is so very wise and always RIGHT like the rest of us women.

If you play this off right you can completely avoid any punishment for being right... it is a tricky move but with practice you can pull it off!

Pffft. Dinner would just avoid the inevitable. She'd let me off the hook for a while, then bring it up in a few days. :lol:

Frances
Jan 23rd 2008, 05:29 PM

But I question if a card telling her you are right is the way to go about it. Gleefully telling her you were right may just inflame the situation instead of throwing a bucket of water on it.

Duane Morse
Jan 23rd 2008, 05:44 PM
Haven't you read THE RULES? ;)

Not getting enough attention?? Where is your sense of humor:D

dht
Sure, I have read the rules; I have tried playing by the rules.

And I pretty much lost my sense of humor when she decided to give her attention to others and divorce me.

So I doubt that I will be stroking any female egos any time soon.
It can be the most futile of endeavors - like trying to fill up a black hole.

Saved7
Jan 23rd 2008, 05:57 PM

:o WARNING!! DANGER, DANGER!!!! DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, heed this man's advice!!!:help:

Duane Morse
Jan 23rd 2008, 06:03 PM
:o WARNING!! DANGER, DANGER!!!! DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, heed this man's advice!!!:help:
True for both sides, I would imagine.

Michigan Mike
Jan 23rd 2008, 06:38 PM

He's trying to get me hurt. Bad. :P

theabaud
Jan 23rd 2008, 09:38 PM
Haven't you read THE RULES? ;)Dude wait, The rules are written somewhere??:o I thought we didn't get to find out what the rules were until after we broke them?

Gard
Jan 23rd 2008, 10:02 PM
My wife and I have worked out the perfect system. I tell her that I am right about something, then she laughs in my face and we move on. :rolleyes:

jeffreys
Jan 23rd 2008, 10:20 PM
Sure, I have read the rules; I have tried playing by the rules.

And I pretty much lost my sense of humor when she decided to give her attention to others and divorce me.

So I doubt that I will be stroking any female egos any time soon.
It can be the most futile of endeavors - like trying to fill up a black hole.
Duane;

I'm sorry to read about the demise of your marriage.

That being said, and very sad, it would probably have been better if you'd just not commented in this thread that is clearly intended to be humorous.

MommyTee
Jan 23rd 2008, 10:41 PM
My dh says the rules are as following
man says to wife:

1. Yes dear
2. It's all my fault dear
3. You are always right dear.............

LOL

then again sometimes when he says YES DEAR.........I know he means he THINKS he is right.........LOL.

seriously though dh and I dont keep score............well much.......LOL......but I know I just know I am usually right regardless of what he says or implies with Yes, Dear..........

LOL LOL

RoadWarrior
Jan 23rd 2008, 11:22 PM

For a moment I will pretend you are serious in your cry for help. I had a long-standing conflict with DH about, oh, whatever. We just argued a lot. Disagreed on simple things like what was the meaning of a word. (I guess that arose from the fact that he was a Yankee, and I a Southern Belle.)

One day I picked up a dictionary and looked up the word in question. It turned out we were both right!

I learned to say to him (even when I KNEW I was right), "You could be right dear. You usually are."

And when it would come out that I was right, I'd say, "I'm sorry, I know that you hate it when I'm right."

Another defuser is to say, "I could be wrong of course, I was once."

Humor definitely helps. We don't argue any more. He is no longer offended by how smart I am. Oh, yes, I also tell him that he is lucky to have married such a smart woman. Eventually (after I told him this about 50 times) he started to agree that he was indeed, very smart to have chosen an intelligent woman!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now it's time to go join him in our latest endeavor - studying geology together.

Faithful1
Jan 24th 2008, 05:22 AM
But I question if a card telling her you are right is the way to go about it. Gleefully telling her you were right may just inflame the situation instead of throwing a bucket of water on it.

Good point indeed! Ok change the card to read "I'm sorry honey... you are always right!"

My motto: I may not always be right but I am never wrong!

Michigan Mike
Jan 24th 2008, 06:18 PM
My motto: I may not always be right but I am never wrong!

I'm remembering that one. :rofl:

cheech
Jan 24th 2008, 07:00 PM

I will say there are exceptions to the rules :hug:. But I find it so hard to be an adult Duane. I try and try and try and it just doesn't happen. I mean...just last night I stuck my tongue out in church to a friend's child :(. I'm so ashamed...there has to be a book somewhere that covers hwo to be an adult for the unteachable! I'll keep trying though :D.

Wait, what? This is how it's supposed to go? And here I've always just shrugged and said ok. :B

:o Where have you been? Get out of that cave! It's a wonder you aren't sleeping out with the dog! And if you don't have one, then the neighbor's dog! Heck...just go make your own dog house out back cuz it's coming to that point man!

Michigan Mike
Jan 24th 2008, 08:18 PM
:o Where have you been? Get out of that cave! It's a wonder you aren't sleeping out with the dog! And if you don't have one, then the neighbor's dog! Heck...just go make your own dog house out back cuz it's coming to that point man!

Lucky to be alive. :cool:

Pleroo
Jan 24th 2008, 08:32 PM

Interesting dilema. That's never happened to my husband, lucky boy.

Faithful1
Jan 24th 2008, 08:34 PM
Interesting dilema. That's never happened to my husband, lucky boy.

That's because you are ALWAYS right... right?

Pleroo
Jan 24th 2008, 10:43 PM
That's because you are ALWAYS right... right?

More right than he is anyway. ;)

Michigan Mike
Jan 25th 2008, 02:54 PM
More right than he is anyway. ;)

Not always right, but never wrong? :P

(Credit - faithful1)

militarywife
Jan 25th 2008, 02:58 PM
Flowers.;)
And an extra little hug out of the blue.