PDA

View Full Version : Spending Time With The LORD

DeadToSelf
Jan 31st 2008, 11:17 PM
I do not know if this goes into the right place but if it does yay.

What I wanted to ask you guys was, have you ever gone through stages in prayer? For example: You will either feel it in you spirit to just worship the LORD, or to intercede for people, or just pour out your heart to Him.

I have gone through this several times where I just feel in my spirit I should worship instead of intercede or intercede instead of pouring out my heart to the LORD.

But then I also have another question or a prayer request. For the past several days I can even pick up my BIBLE because I will not understand anything that I read. Like I have read James or I Corinth. and the Gospels several times but I do not understand any of it. Like I am just reading the words instead of READING the Words. Make sense? Just asking what you guys think and if you guys could pray for me.

Thanks, Yours In CHRIST

Farid(DeadToSelf)

menJesus
Feb 1st 2008, 12:09 AM
When you pick up your Bible, ask the Holy Spirit to give you an understanding of the Word, and He will.

And yes, I have stages of prayer. Sometimes I talk about myself and my life, sometimes I do nothing but lift other people up to Him, sometimes I just thank Him for all the goodness He is - His love and faithfulness, His mercy and grace. And here lately, there are times when I do nothing but bow my knees and worship Him. He is Lord!

lorivin1981
Feb 1st 2008, 02:27 AM
Thank you for your post. It was inspiring as I do have stages of prayer.

In him,
LorVin1981

mjl
Feb 1st 2008, 05:46 AM
The beauty of prayer is that it is not confined to only one way. There are 4 basic aspects of prayer.
Adoration
Confession
Thanksgiving
Supplication

Prayer may involve one of these, some of these, or all. In the model prayer of Jesus, we can find all of these aspects. Having a relationship with the Lover of our souls is the most important thing. Without communication there can be no relationship. Pray, pray, and pray some more!!

Only the Holy Spirit can reveal His Word. If it is His will for us to know and understand, then rest assured He will reveal His truth.

Friend of I AM
Feb 1st 2008, 12:54 PM

What I wanted to ask you guys was, have you ever gone through stages in prayer? For example: You will either feel it in you spirit to just worship the LORD, or to intercede for people, or just pour out your heart to Him.

I have gone through this several times where I just feel in my spirit I should worship instead of intercede or intercede instead of pouring out my heart to the LORD.

But then I also have another question or a prayer request. For the past several days I can even pick up my BIBLE because I will not understand anything that I read. Like I have read James or I Corinth. and the Gospels several times but I do not understand any of it. Like I am just reading the words instead of READING the Words. Make sense? Just asking what you guys think and if you guys could pray for me.

Thanks, Yours In CHRIST

Farid(DeadToSelf)

Yeah I go through a lot of stages. Some of which have to do with crying out my heart to him, others with praying for people. Regarding the scriptures, keep reading. The Lord will eventually enlighten you to what he wants you to get out of those scriptures. God bless.

Stephen

Mograce2U
Feb 1st 2008, 03:17 PM

Thanks, Yours In CHRIST

Farid(DeadToSelf)Hi Farid,
The point of prayer is to receive an answer, is it not? The Lord already knows your heart and yet wants to hear it from you - but He also expects you to listen to Him. It sounds like you too expect Him to listen to you. And since most of what He has to tell you, He has already given to you in the scripture - that is a good place to find the answer He has to give you. I think if you approach the scriptures with the desire of wanting to know Him better - as He has already revealed Himself, you will be in good place to hear His words with the understanding He will provide.

DeadToSelf
Feb 1st 2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks you guys. I think I am supposed to be worshiping in my time with GOD. The reason I figured it out was because it was shown to me lastnight. The way I figured out was, lastnight there was a worship night at a church H.O.G.(House of Grace) I know alot of the people there. The day before yesterday they had a youth rally which was nothing but worship at a church called Regency. And today and today is youth group with my home church GSFBC(Good Shephered Family Bible Church). As I was worshiping Him yesterday at HOG I was just thinking GOD what are You going to have me to do? And it basically hit me like a ton of bricks. I am supposed to be worshiping Him in my secret time with Him.:lol:
Thank You JESUS!!!

However with my BIBLE. I haven't had time to pick it up. I do personally believe that when it's not GOD'S time for me to understand a book in the BIBLE; means HE would rather have me read another book in the BIBLE. So I was originally I was reading I Corinth. and another book. But I feel that GOD wanted me to read James and Judges. So after I worship Him I was read and by HIS will I understand. And I will just persevier and keep reading till I do understand.

Thanks guys and Keep praying for me

Yours In Christ

Farid(DeadToSelf)

walked
Feb 7th 2008, 05:28 AM
When I was much younger, I would read the bible a lot and didn't understand much of the things I read but, I was seeking and seeking was the reason I read His word.
Our brain/mind is really a work of art, it retains everything even if and when we cant recall it, your mind/brain retains it.... God uses everything (all things) for the good the good of those who love Him.
Later as I grew up Gods brought to my remembrance things that I read when I was younger that I didn't understand, He brought those things to my remembrance to help me understand something that I was currently seeking to understand.... so all those days in my youth that I thought were not profiting me when I read because I didn't understand most of it, God uses that time I spent reading His word/seeking Him then to help me understand things I need to understand now by bringing those things I read then to my remembrance when I need them now.

All things work toward the good of those who love God.

Partaker of Christ
Feb 7th 2008, 02:54 PM
When I was much younger, I would read the bible a lot and didn't understand much of the things I read but, I was seeking and seeking was the reason I read His word.
Our brain/mind is really a work of art, it retains everything even if and when we cant recall it, your mind/brain retains it.... God uses everything (all things) for the good the good of those who love Him.
Later as I grew up Gods brought to my remembrance things that I read when I was younger that I didn't understand, He brought those things to my remembrance to help me understand something that I was currently seeking to understand.... so all those days in my youth that I thought were not profiting me when I read because I didn't understand most of it, God uses that time I spent reading His word/seeking Him then to help me understand things I need to understand now by bringing those things I read then to my remembrance when I need them now.

All things work toward the good of those who love God.

This is my experience also.

It is good to just read, and it does go in there somewhere. The understanding may not be for the now, but in God's timing.

DeadToSelf
Feb 7th 2008, 03:10 PM
I picked up my BIBLE yesterday and asked GOD what should I read(because I had just finished reading matthew) and I was searching and searching till a lightbulb went off and He told me to read Genesis.

Sold Out
Feb 7th 2008, 08:25 PM

Thanks, Yours In CHRIST

Farid(DeadToSelf)

Do you think God has you stopped at a certain portion of scripture (in order to meditate on it) and is not permitting you to go further?

That has happened to me. I will be reading my bible...just strolling right along, then all of a sudden my mind just sort of comes to screeching halt. I can't seem to comprehend what I'm reading. So I have learned to go back and re-read portions of scripture prior to that and find that God was trying to reveal something to me through a particular portion of scripture.

Sweetiepeas
Feb 7th 2008, 09:04 PM
That has happened to me too...when I can't move past a certain part and I know God wants me to spend more time working through that before moving on. I'm stuck on one verse right now and it keeps popping up everywhere ;)

DeadToSelf
Feb 7th 2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah I know what you guys/gals mean. That is the same thing but I think on a bigger scale as in which book I should read. And yesterday I was like, "GOD what do you want me to do? What do you want me to read? I just sat there and thought and it popped up... like GOD said it audiably... 'Start from the begining' ".

DPMartin
Feb 7th 2008, 11:48 PM
Deadtoself
good very good. Yes the time to really worship (Love your God) is your time with Him for truly it is when He can speak to you. Do we not know Him through and in His Word? That is what He wants, your undivided attention. If a father instructs a son does he not want his son’s undivided attention? Is this not "quality time"of a loving relationship?

You watch and see if He don’t start speaking on subjects that He wants you to understand as you read according to His instructions. This will also help you verify that He speaks and it is not of your own mind (been there done that). The Lord be with you.

If God is Love then what is it that He Loves. Does the Father Love the Son? How much? Enough that He gave Him all and no one comes to the Father but through the Son. Therefore Love that which the Father Loves then you understand God’s Love. It is that the Son (Jesus) is the Truth the Way and the Life that is what the Father Loves. And anyone who Loves the Son loves the Father and anyone who love the Father loves the Son. This is the first Love.

So Love the Truth