PDA

View Full Version : Boston, Mass Church Needed

AtHisFeet
Feb 9th 2008, 04:56 AM
Hey everyone.

I need help locating a good, sound, biblical church in or around Boston. I'm actually looking for a friend who was atheist, currently agnostic, but seeking and willing to visit a church if I recommend one.

Other than here, I don't know of a place I could get this kind of information. I don't want just 'any' church. Please pray for this situation and advise as the Lord leads.

Thanks

AtHisFeet

PS Moderators, if this would be more effective in another forum, please move at will. I wasn't sure where to place it.

9Marksfan
Feb 9th 2008, 07:23 PM
Hey everyone.

I need help locating a good, sound, biblical church in or around Boston. I'm actually looking for a friend who was atheist, currently agnostic, but seeking and willing to visit a church if I recommend one.

Other than here, I don't know of a place I could get this kind of information. I don't want just 'any' church. Please pray for this situation and advise as the Lord leads.

Thanks

AtHisFeet

PS Moderators, if this would be more effective in another forum, please move at will. I wasn't sure where to place it.

Hi AtHisFeet

Being a Brit, I'm not too well placed to advise, but I have cousins in Boston and have been to Park Street Church, a large Presbyterian church with a good ministry. I was saddened to find the last time I was in Boston (2000) that there were so few good, evangelical churches in the city - even the only Christian bookshop I could find was very disappointing, given the size of the city....

karenoka27
Feb 9th 2008, 07:24 PM
I would google it...look up churches in Boston..I am not sure what denomination you are looking for so look for it that way:
Baptist churches in Boston
Or
Pentecostal churches in Boston...

You will find something that way.

AtHisFeet
Feb 10th 2008, 02:34 AM
I would google it...look up churches in Boston..I am not sure what denomination you are looking for so look for it that way:
Baptist churches in Boston
Or
Pentecostal churches in Boston...

You will find something that way.

Well, what's the best church/denomination to send someone who was a professing atheist mere days ago but now says "I think I want to believe, but I don't know where to go with this feeling"

My thoughts are a good nondenom, but I don't know.

I'm quite burdened for this individual. I truly believe the Holy Spirit is dealing with this person. And I care about them deeply....

Thanks all....

karenoka27
Feb 10th 2008, 03:20 AM
You just have to be careful with nondenominational churches. I've been in them and there are some really good ones. I would look around and call the pastors of some of the churches and tell them your situation. They can better tell you what their church has to offer...hopefully some good Bible teaching.

Myshkin
Aug 8th 2009, 07:20 PM
Well, what's the best church/denomination to send someone who was a professing atheist mere days ago but now says "I think I want to believe, but I don't know where to go with this feeling"

My thoughts are a good nondenom, but I don't know.

I'm quite burdened for this individual. I truly believe the Holy Spirit is dealing with this person. And I care about them deeply....

Thanks all....

Calvery Chapel in Boston, perhaps?

The Mighty Sword
Aug 10th 2009, 09:22 PM
Whatever you do, do not send them to an ICC church(cult) in Boston.