PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever trusted in the LORD, and been disappointed?

SDG
Feb 18th 2008, 06:10 AM
Greetings,

The title says it. Is anyone able to point me to a person in Scripture who trusted in the LORD, and was "let down" in the end? We see it with those who trust in false gods, their works, their lineage, their teachers, etc. How about God?

For the sake of staying on this subject, if discussion is to verge off onto a separate topic, I would ask that you kindly create a new thread. :)

In Christ,
Josh

cchandrus
Feb 18th 2008, 06:51 AM
Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the
LORD is.

RogerW
Feb 18th 2008, 04:53 PM
Greetings,

The title says it. Is anyone able to point me to a person in Scripture who trusted in the LORD, and was "let down" in the end? We see it with those who trust in false gods, their works, their lineage, their teachers, etc. How about God?

For the sake of staying on this subject, if discussion is to verge off onto a separate topic, I would ask that you kindly create a new thread. :)

In Christ,
Josh

Hi Josh,

Interesting topic. Do you think maybe Jonah might have felt let down when God insisted he go to Nineveh and warn them (his enemies) of the coming Judgment of God against the wickedness of the city? Do you think Jonah felt let down when God spared the wicked city when He saw their works, that they had turned away from their evil? Do you think Jonah felt let down when he longed for death rather than to see his enemy shown mercy from God?

Jon 1:1 Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,
Jon 1:2 Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.
Jon 1:3 But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.

Jon 1:9 And he said unto them, I am an Hebrew; and I fear the LORD, the God of heaven, which hath made the sea and the dry land.

Jon 1:12 And he said unto them, Take me up, and cast me forth into the sea; so shall the sea be calm unto you: for I know that for my sake this great tempest is upon you.

Jon 1:15 So they took up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging.

Jon 1:17 Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Jon 2:4 Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.

Jon 2:7 When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.

Jon 2:10 And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

Jon 3:1 And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying,
Jon 3:2 Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.

Jon 3:5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

Jon 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Jon 4:1 But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry.
Jon 4:2 And he prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil.
Jon 4:3 Therefore now, O LORD, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live.

Jon 4:9 And God said to Jonah, Doest thou well to be angry for the gourd? And he said, I do well to be angry, even unto death.
Jon 4:10 Then said the LORD, Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night:
Jon 4:11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

I don't think that Jonah was let down in the end, for I beleive Jonah is currently reigning with the Lord in heaven, and that he, like every true believer will reign with the Lord throughout eternity. But Jonah sure seemed to have been disappointed by God. And more than anything Jonah needed to be taught this great lesson of showing compassion and mercy even toward those who hate us in this world. I'm inclined to believe that Jonah learned a valuble lesson here. One that we would all do well to learn.

Many Blessings,
RW

threebigrocks
Feb 18th 2008, 05:03 PM
Greetings,

In Christ,
Josh

Jonah was the first thing that came to mind for me also. That was as a result of Jonah's lack of desire to step out of the box and do as the Lord asked. So long as it was easy, so long as it was not too much, he was willing to do the Lord's work. When it got to be hard, he balked like a mule. So really it wasn't God letting Jonah down - it was Jonah's attitude and love of self that caused him to react as he did.

militarywife
Feb 18th 2008, 05:09 PM
Jonah was the first thing that came to mind for me also. That was as a result of Jonah's lack of desire to step out of the box and do as the Lord asked. So long as it was easy, so long as it was not too much, he was willing to do the Lord's work. When it got to be hard, he balked like a mule. So really it wasn't God letting Jonah down - it was Jonah's attitude and love of self that caused him to react as he did.
I was going to say that many times it is attitude or lack of faith that causes the let down.
God directs our steps and He is surely not leading us in to let down.

Mograce2U
Feb 18th 2008, 05:51 PM
I thought of Jonah too. His disappointment was that God wasn't going to wipe them off the face of the earth, but forgive them. He knew this was God's nature, but in his heart he wanted to see them punished. But that was because Jonah didn't have the big picture or God's perspective.

The God who love defines, describes Himself like this to Moses:

(Exo 34:6-9 KJV) And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, {7} Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. {8} And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped. {9} And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.

Justice is only extended when all else has failed to achieve repentance. Jonah too needed to repent and receive forgiveness - and this he should have been willing to extend to others as well. Do unto others...

SDG
Feb 18th 2008, 06:47 PM
Greetings everyone,

It's interesting to see how this is turning out.

The Jonah account could make sense in some ways here. I'm not sure that it does fit under trusting the LORD for who He is, though. Although I didn't state that in opening, but otherwise someone could think whatever they want of the LORD, trust "Him" and be completely disappointed! That is a very important key to this. Think of how much more God has graciously shown to us than Jonah had ever seen!

Since that wasn't part of the parameters, let's look at Jonah.

One thing regarding Jonah's actual trust of God is in chapter 3. Verse 9 ends with his saying, "Salvation is of the LORD." Immediately after that, verse 10 states: "So the LORD spoke to the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land."

Roger, thank you for also taking the time to bring up a few questions. Here are my thoughts in regards to them. It would be interesting to see your thoughts afterward, and anyone else's!

Do you think maybe Jonah might have felt let down when God insisted he go to Nineveh and warn them (his enemies) of the coming Judgment of God against the wickedness of the city?
For what reason do you think he felt let down here? Do you think he had, at that time, some idea that God might spare them? Perhaps he felt let down in the sense that he just thought God wouldn't have asked him to be the one to have to do that? [More of my thoughts on this are later in the post...]

Do you think Jonah felt let down when God spared the wicked city when He saw their works, that they had turned away from their evil?
Jonah 4

1 But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he became angry.

2 So he prayed to the LORD, and said, “Ah, LORD, was not this what I said when I was still in my country? Therefore I fled previously to Tarshish; for I know that You are a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, One who relents from doing harm.

3 Therefore now, O LORD, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live!”

My opinion is that, yes, he felt let down. This disappointment was not due to trust in the LORD, however, because he himself knew what he proclaimed in the blue text. If he trusted the LORD in this matter, would he not have been awaiting God's mercy on the repentant Ninevites?

Something very intriguing comes out of the second verse above. "LORD, was not this what I said when I was still in my country?" It seems that he expected all along that the LORD would have mercy on them if they repented! That would also help to answer your first question (he probably did feel disappointed in their potential forgiveness). However, he doesn't seem to be disappointed by the LORD, because the LORD gave exactly what he expected, just not what he wanted.

Do you think Jonah felt let down when he longed for death rather than to see his enemy shown mercy from God?

My thoughts here would be essentially the same as in response to the question above. :)

One other thing I do believe is that those who do truly trust in the LORD may feel let down, for a season. This would probably be due to some doubts pressing against faith (or possibly other reasons). Think of those Psalms that look to the LORD (in faith), yet ask if and when His mercy will ever be seen again. However, were those who waited on Him ever let down in the end?

Jonah's prayer is truly amazing. God had a reason for his failures, doubts and disappointments. Without his great failures, would Jonah have known as much of the mercy of God? The strange thing (as mentioned above) is that even after being humbled, and spared, and personally experiencing the great mercies of God, he didn't seem happy to see those mercies extended to others. It sounds like the older brother in the prodigal son parable (except, more like if the prodigal son complained if there were a second prodigal son who followed in his steps). Then again, sometimes I get a similar attitude. :(

Basically, it does seem to come down to how the initial question is defined.

In Christ,
Josh

Mograce2U
Feb 18th 2008, 07:12 PM
Well now I think I see what you are after. No one who actually puts their TRUST in the Lord will be disappointed. It is those who don't who are. But it is not just any old trust which will do but one that actually is in line with the will of God for what He has revealed about Himself. Jonah did trust that God would forgive, he just had not aligned himself with that desire.

Souled Out
Feb 18th 2008, 07:53 PM
I would say Mary of Bethany is a good example of one having premature disappointment.

She expected Jesus the Healer whom she loved and believed in, to heal her brother, Lazarus.

Instead, Lazarus dies and Jesus is no where in sight.

I would think Mary was wondering where in the world Jesus was when she needed Him most (a familiar cry).

Four days later here comes Jesus waltzing into town, not in the slightest hurry.

I’m sure Mary was too through with Jesus and utterly disappointed…that is until Jesus does what He always intended to do.

Like Mary’s, our disappointment is just the result of not knowing what God’s plans really are.

Sold Out
Feb 19th 2008, 12:03 AM
Greetings,

In Christ,
Josh

It can be relative...someone could 'trust' God for a million dollars, and I suppose they might get disappointed if the money does not materialize. So I guess it would have to come down to trusting in the right thing with the right motive.

Pyodog
Feb 19th 2008, 03:14 AM
Well I'm not going to talk about anyone from the Bible, I'm going to talk about me.
I prayed to God to take away the feelings that I was feeling towards other guys and she didn't. I prayed so hard, harder than I've ever prayed over anything, and nothing changed, so I embraced her plan for me.
I was dissappointed at first, but then realized it's what she wanted.

cchandrus
Feb 19th 2008, 03:24 AM
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that
cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

My heart's Desire
Feb 19th 2008, 05:53 AM
I wonder if Moses felt let down by God while he was leading the people out of Egypt and into the wilderness, because they were a rebellious people?
It's late, but I'm thinking of the passage in Numbers11:10-11?

SDG
Feb 19th 2008, 08:36 AM
Well I'm not going to talk about anyone from the Bible, I'm going to talk about me.
I prayed to God to take away the feelings that I was feeling towards other guys and she didn't. I prayed so hard, harder than I've ever prayed over anything, and nothing changed, so I embraced her plan for me.
I was dissappointed at first, but then realized it's what she wanted.
God is not a "she." Are you sure you were trusting in the true God? Why would He not provide His children with what they need to escape temptation?

I wonder if Moses felt let down by God while he was leading the people out of Egypt and into the wilderness, because they were a rebellious people?
It's late, but I'm thinking of the passage in Numbers11:10-11?
Numbers 11

10 Then Moses heard the people weeping throughout their families, everyone at the door of his tent; and the anger of the LORD was greatly aroused; Moses also was displeased.

11 So Moses said to the LORD, “Why have You afflicted Your servant? And why have I not found favor in Your sight, that You have laid the burden of all these people on me?

I agree that Moses was definitely not happy! It doesn't sound like he was trusting the LORD's judgment in this matter though ("why have I not found favor in Your sight...?"). Those that have favor in the sight of the LORD surely have to go through trials, don't they?

Just my opinion though, I could be wrong (and I can't say I wouldn't have thought the same/worse than he did, anyway! :().

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that
cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Reminds me of this one, too!

Psalm 2

10 Now therefore, be wise, O kings;
Be instructed, you judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear,
And rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest He be angry,
And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.

In Christ,
Josh

Mograce2U
Feb 19th 2008, 05:48 PM
Perhaps Moses did not yet have Solomon's wisdom in this matter:

(Prov 3:7-18 KJV) Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. {8} It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. {9} Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: {10} So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine. {11} My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: {12} For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth. {13} Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. {14} For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. {15} She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her. {16} Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. {17} Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. {18} She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

(Heb 12:5-13 KJV) And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: {6} For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. {7} If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? {8} But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. {9} Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? {10} For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. {11} Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. {12} Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; {13} And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

RogerW
Feb 19th 2008, 06:21 PM
Roger, thank you for also taking the time to bring up a few questions. Here are my thoughts in regards to them. It would be interesting to see your thoughts afterward, and anyone else's!

For what reason do you think he felt let down here? Do you think he had, at that time, some idea that God might spare them? Perhaps he felt let down in the sense that he just thought God wouldn't have asked him to be the one to have to do that? [More of my thoughts on this are later in the post...]

Jonah was an Israelite. It seems that even though he understood very well his blessed state with God, it turns out he wasn't very different then most of the Israelite nation. They were to have been a light in the world, declaring the glory of God, but instead they selfishly saw themselves as God's elite chosen people, and tried to keep all of God to themselves. Jonah, as well as the Israelite nation, and now we too, must always remember that no one nation, one people has a corner on God's grace and mercy. He will have mercy and compassion on whomever He wills.

Jonah was not delusional, he knew he could not turn this people from their wickedness. That God alone could and would turn them to repentance if Jonah is faithful in bringing them the Word of God. The simple, cold, harsh truth is that Jonah did not want to share his God with these wicked people. Do you hear the irony in it all? Jonah saw himself so much better, so holy, so good, and he had the gall to question God showing mercy and compassion on anyone he didn't think was good enough. Man, what lessons we can learn from Jonah!

Jonah 4

1 But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he became angry.

2 So he prayed to the LORD, and said, “Ah, LORD, was not this what I said when I was still in my country? Therefore I fled previously to Tarshish; for I know that You are a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, One who relents from doing harm.

3 Therefore now, O LORD, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live!”

My opinion is that, yes, he felt let down. This disappointment was not due to trust in the LORD, however, because he himself knew what he proclaimed in the blue text. If he trusted the LORD in this matter, would he not have been awaiting God's mercy on the repentant Ninevites?

I agree, Jonah trusted in the Lord. So why did Jonah resent God showing mercy and compassion on the Ninevites? Because Jonah allowed his flesh to influence him. Even though Jonah fully trusted God that didn't make him perfect in the flesh. Jonah, like we (believers) are a work in progress; He's not done with us yet! The truth is the Ninevites were bitter enemies of Israel, and Jonah could not understand how God would show mercy and compassion toward a people who had done much harm to His chosen, covenant people.

Aren't we just like Jonah almost everyday? Figuring God showed mercy to me, won't He also show mercy to others? Does God really need me to be faithful in bringing His Word to the world...I mean He's gonna save whosoever He wills anyway RIGHT?

Something very intriguing comes out of the second verse above. "LORD, was not this what I said when I was still in my country?" It seems that he expected all along that the LORD would have mercy on them if they repented! That would also help to answer your first question (he probably did feel disappointed in their potential forgiveness). However, he doesn't seem to be disappointed by the LORD, because the LORD gave exactly what he expected, just not what he wanted.

My thoughts here would be essentially the same as in response to the question above. :)

One other thing I do believe is that those who do truly trust in the LORD may feel let down, for a season. This would probably be due to some doubts pressing against faith (or possibly other reasons). Think of those Psalms that look to the LORD (in faith), yet ask if and when His mercy will ever be seen again. However, were those who waited on Him ever let down in the end?

Jonah's prayer is truly amazing. God had a reason for his failures, doubts and disappointments. Without his great failures, would Jonah have known as much of the mercy of God? The strange thing (as mentioned above) is that even after being humbled, and spared, and personally experiencing the great mercies of God, he didn't seem happy to see those mercies extended to others. It sounds like the older brother in the prodigal son parable (except, more like if the prodigal son complained if there were a second prodigal son who followed in his steps). Then again, sometimes I get a similar attitude. :(

Basically, it does seem to come down to how the initial question is defined.

In Christ,
Josh

Nope, Jonah was not disappointed or let down by God in any sense. Jonah knew exactly how God would use his faithfulness to show mercy and compassion. I can't help but imagine that after it was done Jonah saw his sinfulness, since clearly Jonah trusted the Lord, how could he not see how unloving he had been, and to cry out to God in repentance.

This has been a very thought provoking thread Josh. Thank you for posting it.

Many Blessings,
RW

daughter
Feb 19th 2008, 09:20 PM
Greetings,

In Christ,
Josh
Yes, but in my case it was my fault, not the Lord's. He kept all His promises to me, but not in the way I expected. I thought my husband would be physically healed. He died. However, before he died he was born again, which means that he is now in heaven, with Jesus, and will live forever in a completely healed body.

In my narrowness I wanted Neil to live on with me down here for a while longer... but God had better plans for him. He'll never feel pain or sorrow again, and I will one day walk with him again.

So, my disappointment was my fault, not God's, and I learnt a tremendous lesson from it. God never lets us down... only our false expectations.

SDG
Feb 21st 2008, 09:27 PM
Greetings Mograce2U,

Perhaps Moses did not yet have Solomon's wisdom in this matter:

(Prov 3:7-18 KJV) Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. {8} It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. {9} Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: {10} So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine. {11} My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: {12} For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth. {13} Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. {14} For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. {15} She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her. {16} Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. {17} Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. {18} She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

(Heb 12:5-13 KJV) And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: {6} For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. {7} If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? {8} But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. {9} Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? {10} For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. {11} Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. {12} Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; {13} And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Wonderful verses - thank you for adding them to the discussion!

Adding on the first six verses of the Proverbs 3 passage:

1 My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands;

2 For length of days and long life
And peace they will add to you.

3 Let not mercy and truth forsake you;
Bind them around your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart,

4 And so find favor and high esteem
In the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;

6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

It speaks much to this situation!

Greetings Roger,

Jonah saw himself so much better, so holy, so good, and he had the gall to question God showing mercy and compassion on anyone he didn't think was good enough. Man, what lessons we can learn from Jonah!

I didn't respond to every portion of your post, but this was one of the ones I had to quote for emphasis. It decently sums up the whole situation!

I agree, Jonah trusted in the Lord. So why did Jonah resent God showing mercy and compassion on the Ninevites? Because Jonah allowed his flesh to influence him. Even though Jonah fully trusted God that didn't make him perfect in the flesh. Jonah, like we (believers) are a work in progress; He's not done with us yet! The truth is the Ninevites were bitter enemies of Israel, and Jonah could not understand how God would show mercy and compassion toward a people who had done much harm to His chosen, covenant people.
The strange thing is that we too do much harm to His chosen people, every day!

Aren't we just like Jonah almost everyday? Figuring God showed mercy to me, won't He also show mercy to others? Does God really need me to be faithful in bringing His Word to the world...I mean He's gonna save whosoever He wills anyway RIGHT?
I wonder how many of our feet are...beautiful. :(

Nope, Jonah was not disappointed or let down by God in any sense. Jonah knew exactly how God would use his faithfulness to show mercy and compassion. I can't help but imagine that after it was done Jonah saw his sinfulness, since clearly Jonah trusted the Lord, how could he not see how unloving he had been, and to cry out to God in repentance.
It would seem that he would have, eventually. From personal experience though, who knows how long it may have taken. If the mercy being shown to him already wasn't enough to get through to him... (as if I have a right to judge on this).

This has been a very thought provoking thread Josh. Thank you for posting it.

Many Blessings,
RW

Thank you for your participation in it, Roger!

Greetings daughter,

Yes, but in my case it was my fault, not the Lord's. He kept all His promises to me, but not in the way I expected. I thought my husband would be physically healed. He died. However, before he died he was born again, which means that he is now in heaven, with Jesus, and will live forever in a completely healed body.

In my narrowness I wanted Neil to live on with me down here for a while longer... but God had better plans for him. He'll never feel pain or sorrow again, and I will one day walk with him again.

So, my disappointment was my fault, not God's, and I learnt a tremendous lesson from it. God never lets us down... only our false expectations.
Praise Him that you have taken this valuable lesson. It's something that I've had to learn, and still need more learning in!

In Christ,
Josh