PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo advice

Rullion Green
Feb 23rd 2008, 01:09 PM
I had 3 tattoo's done when i was younger, they are native american symbols, wich i now regret. i need to get rid of them as i think they are pagen god symbols what should i do ? just get a block to cover them so they are just covered in black blocks ? i am now aware of the second commandment and this bothers me. Ant suggestions ?

was told i would regret the tattos but didn't listen ! the stupidity of youth :B

menJesus
Feb 23rd 2008, 01:45 PM
A really good tattoo artist may be able to change them into another image, for you. Check it out. And good luck. :)

Tanya~
Feb 23rd 2008, 06:03 PM
You can have the tattoos removed. Just look it up in your local phone book under "tattoo removal."

xSTEADFASTx
Feb 23rd 2008, 06:12 PM
if you dont feel its wrong to get tattooed again; find someone that can do nice cover-up work.

ViolaSnapdragon
Feb 23rd 2008, 11:12 PM
I agree. I was looking through albums at my artist's shop while waiting for my appointment time, and there were a lot of really good before and after cover-up pictures. One that caught my eye was a flaming Wiccan pentacle converted to what I think I remember as a pretty circular ocean and sunset scene. I may be wrong about the cover-up design, but I do remember that it was very good and covered the pentacle and flames quite nicely. It also made me wonder if the client had become saved between tattoos. :D

Good luck with your decision on what to do and finding someone who will do a good job at it, whether you decide on a cover-up or removal. :)

Rullion Green
Feb 24th 2008, 12:03 AM
I agree. I was looking through albums at my artist's shop while waiting for my appointment time, and there were a lot of really good before and after cover-up pictures. One that caught my eye was a flaming Wiccan pentacle converted to what I think I remember as a pretty circular ocean and sunset scene. I may be wrong about the cover-up design, but I do remember that it was very good and covered the pentacle and flames quite nicely. It also made me wonder if the client had become saved between tattoos. :D

Good luck with your decision on what to do and finding someone who will do a good job at it, whether you decide on a cover-up or removal. :)

Lol thanks i dont have the money to get it removed i'll just have to get it covered up ! all i can think of is a getting black boxes to blot them out. No doubt it will look pretty dumb but who cares.

xSTEADFASTx
Feb 24th 2008, 02:08 AM
take pics of what you have; pm me; and i'll design something :D

Rullion Green
Feb 24th 2008, 03:03 PM
take pics of what you have; pm me; and i'll design something :D

Hi steadfast i've got the shamans eye and the warding arrows and the thunder burd .

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://wolfs_moon.tripod.com/NAsymbols1.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://wolfs_moon.tripod.com/NativeSymbols.html&h=1110&w=725&sz=366&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=D4hTqfpRAYGm8M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=98&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnative%2Bindian%2Bsymbols%26um%3D1%26 hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GZHZ_enGB238GB239%26sa%3DN

any ideas ? :idea:

xSTEADFASTx
Feb 24th 2008, 05:18 PM
that could be easily covered up with something like a trinity symbol with a thigh black border; or possibly some three dee; a nice cross could def. do the work on the arrow; are all of these close together?

Rullion Green
Feb 24th 2008, 05:42 PM
the eye is on my left upper arm and the other tw are on the other upper arm, good suggestions steadfast, thank a lot !!:)

ProjectPeter
Feb 24th 2008, 06:42 PM
really has nothing to do with Bible chat so moving the thread. :)

Big T
Feb 24th 2008, 08:59 PM
Go to some local shops and look through the books. Then talk with the artists and ask them what they think they can do. Do not be shy of telling them that you're a Christian, because that will help them design something for you.

xSTEADFASTx
Feb 24th 2008, 10:47 PM
alot of artist will def. help you out.

nzyr
Feb 25th 2008, 02:29 AM
You can have the tattoos removed. Just look it up in your local phone book under "tattoo removal."Yeah I'd just get them removed.

markedward
Feb 25th 2008, 07:19 AM
Heck, I'd go for the black squares. I don't know why, but that suddenly struck me as a sweet tattoo idea. But anyway... try the above choices.

I'll see if I can try to come up with some new designs for you, in case you want to simply alter them.

Toolman
Feb 26th 2008, 04:54 PM
Yeah I'd just get them removed.

Laser tattoo removal rarely ever works. If the tats are small and black it MIGHT work, otherwise you'll probably spend alot of money and end up with a blotchy, scarred tattoo. There are tons of websites that discuss the laser ripoff.

Coverup is the way to go. I had a calvin and hobbes tat on my shoulderblade which I had covered up with a larger tattoo and you absolutely cannot see the old tattoo any longer. Just make sure you find a quality artist and take a look at his portfolio to see his coverup work. If it doesn't look good find another artist.

There is absolutely no reason to get some black square blocks to cover. You'll end up regretting those also.

Where are you located.. might can give some suggestions on artists.

tango
Apr 5th 2012, 11:49 AM
This one has only been resting for four years, and a nice controversial subject to dig up.

So Nobunaga... you commented how nobody resurrected your old threads... happy to oblige!

-SEEKING-
Apr 5th 2012, 11:58 AM
LOL! You asketh, we delivereth!

awestruckchild
Apr 5th 2012, 01:28 PM
Heck, I'd go for the black squares. I don't know why, but that suddenly struck me as a sweet tattoo idea. But anyway... try the above choices.

I'll see if I can try to come up with some new designs for you, in case you want to simply alter them.

A ressurected thread from 2008......Seeking found it!!!! A GOOD one!

-SEEKING-
Apr 5th 2012, 02:07 PM
A ressurected thread from 2008......Seeking found it!!!! A GOOD one!

well, I figured with resurrection Sunday quickly approaching..........................

-SEEKING-
Apr 5th 2012, 02:09 PM
Though I can't take credit for this one, someone beat me to it on this thread.

awestruckchild
Apr 5th 2012, 02:18 PM
Though I can't take credit for this one, someone beat me to it on this thread.

Ah, yes, I see that it was actually Tango who won the race to embarrass one of the brethren!:lol:

RLG
Apr 5th 2012, 03:48 PM
Hi steadfast i've got the shamans eye and the warding arrows and the thunder burd .

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://wolfs_moon.tripod.com/NAsymbols1.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://wolfs_moon.tripod.com/NativeSymbols.html&h=1110&w=725&sz=366&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=D4hTqfpRAYGm8M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=98&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnative%2Bindian%2Bsymbols%26um%3D1%26 hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GZHZ_enGB238GB239%26sa%3DN

any ideas ? :idea:

I clicked on your link and up popped a shiny pair of purple stiletto's. What ever made you go for that design ? Please ..... tell me. I can keep a secret (It's the people I tell that can't keep quiet) :wave:

Hey !! .....you're resurrected thread has arrived :pp

Slug1
Apr 5th 2012, 04:01 PM
Wow, a tattoo related thread I've never posted in... now corrected!! :P

-SEEKING-
Apr 5th 2012, 04:34 PM
Wow, a tattoo related thread I've never posted in... now corrected!! :P

Mission Accomplished!

Reynolds357
Apr 5th 2012, 06:35 PM
Lol thanks i dont have the money to get it removed i'll just have to get it covered up ! all i can think of is a getting black boxes to blot them out. No doubt it will look pretty dumb but who cares.

I am mixed on the Native American symbols. The American Indian was attempting to worship God. They had an incomplete revelation of Him, but they desired to know and worship the true God. They related to Him in the only way they knew how, but they lacked a knowledge of The Son.

awestruckchild
Apr 5th 2012, 07:01 PM
Oh!
I am undone!
Oh, it's too much!
Now where has Nobunga run off to...?:rofl:

RLG
Apr 5th 2012, 08:49 PM
I am mixed on the Native American symbols. The American Indian was attempting to worship God. They had an incomplete revelation of Him, but they desired to know and worship the true God. They related to Him in the only way they knew how, but they lacked a knowledge of The Son.

On a serious note, I'm with you on this. Their reverence and respect for every creature and creation itself is something that we could all learn lessons from. My love of history and tidbits of reading about them has me admiring their innate sense of honor.

Dravenhawk
Apr 8th 2012, 11:41 AM
I had a friend whose brother was a plastic surgeon who used to remove tattoos using a lsaer. I hear now a days the laser treatment can be done rather inexpensivily. I would let the Spirit lead you in this and follow what God tells you to do. If through the Spirit God has told you to get your tattoos removed and cost appears prohibitive do you not think that God would not provide the means to accomplish this? - - - - Dravenhawk