PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter

aliveinchrist
Mar 7th 2008, 02:00 AM
Does peanut butter leave a REALLY bad aftertaste in your mouth?

I had two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches this morning, it's almost 8:00 at night, and I STILL can't get that aftertaste out of my mouth. lol! I've been eating and eating and eating..........will brush my teeth next. :lol:

RoadWarrior
Mar 7th 2008, 02:08 AM
Does peanut butter leave a REALLY bad aftertaste in your mouth?

I had two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches this morning, it's almost 8:00 at night, and I STILL can't get that aftertaste out of my mouth. lol! I've been eating and eating and eating..........will brush my teeth next. :lol:

Maybe the peanut butter has gone bad, or rancid or something. When I was expecting my fourth child, I CRAVED peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He turned out to be my tallest kid.

Seeker of truth
Mar 7th 2008, 02:14 AM
I've never had that experience and I eat a lot of peanut butter. Jif is the best :D

MikeAD
Mar 7th 2008, 02:16 AM
It leaves a great aftertaste in my mouth.

Until I wash it down with milk.

mmmmm.

I know what Im making for my midnight snack.

stillforgiven
Mar 7th 2008, 02:17 AM
I used to eat peanut butter all the time, and I never had a bad aftertaste.

aliveinchrist
Mar 7th 2008, 02:21 AM
I must be weird then. lol! I hate peanut butter..........I knew better than to eat it, silly me. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's gone bad. All the peanut butter that I've eaten, ALWAYS leaves a horrible aftertaste in my mouth. ALL DAY!!

Although if I do eat any peanut butter, it has to be the creamy/smooth kind.

But, I still hate peanut butter. Blech!

RoadWarrior
Mar 7th 2008, 02:22 AM
I must be weird then. lol! I hate peanut butter..........I knew better than to eat it, silly me. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's gone bad. All the peanut butter that I've eaten, ALWAYS leaves a horrible aftertaste in my mouth. ALL DAY!!

Try almond butter instead. Yum! Or Tahini, which is sesame seed butter...

aliveinchrist
Mar 7th 2008, 02:25 AM
almond butter? Uh oh..........does it taste like almonds? Cause I don't like almonds either.....lol! :lol: Yes. I know. I'm picky.

Sesame seed butter............that might be okay to try.....:hmm:

stillforgiven
Mar 7th 2008, 02:30 AM

Ssssssoooooooooooooo......I have to ask.....if you hate it, why did you eat it?

I've heard that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different out-come each time. :P

aliveinchrist
Mar 7th 2008, 02:33 AM
Ssssssoooooooooooooo......I have to ask.....if you hate it, why did you eat it?

I've heard that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different out-come each time. :P

Ooo. Ouch. That's a hit below the belt. ;) :lol:

Well, I think I was craving it this morning....pregnancy hormones.....can I use that as an excuse for the insanity? :lol:

RoadWarrior
Mar 7th 2008, 02:44 AM

Well, I think I was craving it this morning....pregnancy hormones.....can I use that as an excuse for the insanity? :lol:

Craving it... sounds like me! I predict you will have a tall son. :lol:

Your body is probably craving protein. Try to boost your protein intake some other way. The peanut butter aftertaste could be a warning to not eat that particular food.

stillforgiven
Mar 7th 2008, 02:56 AM

OOOOhhhh....prego hormones. I remember reading that now.

But I thought they would only make you crave things that tasted good to you. For instance, my sister never liked red meat except for when she was pregnant. That's how I knew she was pregnant the 2nd time.

And from what I've heard, pregnancy hormones can be an excuse for insanity. ;)

Here's irony for you. I love peanut butter, but my body won't let me have it any more. You hate it, but your body tells you to eat it. :P

lbeaty1981
Mar 7th 2008, 02:37 PM
Have you ever tried natural peanut butter? Tastes a whole lot better than the other stuff, imho. All it contains is ground up peanuts, so it's not quite as sweet as most of the commercial stuff.

I always like hearing stories about pregnancy hormones. One of my friends up in oklahoma said the last time she was pregnant, she was constantly getting cravings for pimiento cheese. She ate a ton of it during her pregnancy, but hasn't touched the stuff since then! :lol:

Seeker of truth
Mar 7th 2008, 03:29 PM
Have you ever tried natural peanut butter? Tastes a whole lot better than the other stuff, imho. All it contains is ground up peanuts, so it's not quite as sweet as most of the commercial stuff.

I always like hearing stories about pregnancy hormones. One of my friends up in oklahoma said the last time she was pregnant, she was constantly getting cravings for pimiento cheese. She ate a ton of it during her pregnancy, but hasn't touched the stuff since then! :lol:

I craved spearmint with my oldest. Lifesavers, spearmint sticks, gum, you name it.

I had a friend who had a craving for cleaning supplies :o She never acted on it and finally told her doctor about it. It was as symptom of something or other though I can't remember what.

RoadWarrior
Mar 7th 2008, 03:31 PM
My niece could NOT eat meat while she was pregnant. Her son was a vegetarian in vitro!

lbeaty1981
Mar 7th 2008, 03:47 PM
My sister didn't have any cravings while she was pregnant, but she could not eat chocolate or pizza without getting a terrible upset stomach. As big of a junk food junkie as she was, it was a pretty rough pregnancy for her! :lol:

Toolman
Mar 7th 2008, 04:18 PM

Completely agree... much better tasting and better for you... lots of good, essential fats and tons of protein.

My brand?

http://www.smuckers.com/fg/peanutbutter/images/pb_01.gif

lbeaty1981
Mar 7th 2008, 07:06 PM
:lol: That's my brand of choice too! I go with the chunky, though. I like my peanut butter to have a little crunch to it. ;)

Seeker of truth
Mar 7th 2008, 07:11 PM
I like peanut butter and bacon sammiches as Hannah calls them.

Befaithful
Mar 7th 2008, 07:54 PM
Boy do I remember those cravings when I was pregnant. Get out of the way...:P

I had always shared my plate (whatever I was eating with my husband, because I usually would be full before I finished my plate.) That was when I was not pregnant:lol: but look out when I was pregnant do not even look at my plate:rofl:...those were some good eatin times. Yep. Choice memories.:)I remember my sister used to hide in a closet and eat blueberry muffins cause she was over doing it...bless her heart. She did get caught...with muffin all over her face.:bounce:Yep...those were some good times.:hmm: Nobody would want most of the mixtures I came up with...like yogurt and chopped dill pickles on a flr tortilla:confusedicky

aliveinchrist
Mar 7th 2008, 08:33 PM

Yeah I think I've tried it once or twice. I should start getting that instead.

It's funny reading about all these different cravings you women have had! lol!

For the most part, I just crave food. I got pregnant, and I got HUNGRY!! And I can't not eat. When I'm hungry, I HAVE to eat! I'm like a bear or something. lol!

RoadWarrior
Mar 7th 2008, 08:55 PM
Yeah I think I've tried it once or twice. I should start getting that instead.

It's funny reading about all these different cravings you women have had! lol!

For the most part, I just crave food. I got pregnant, and I got HUNGRY!! And I can't not eat. When I'm hungry, I HAVE to eat! I'm like a bear or something. lol!

Do you like hummus? It is a great and tasty way to up your protein. I have a recipe if you are interested.

Seeker of truth
Mar 7th 2008, 08:57 PM
Does anyone else like chocolate hazelnut spread? It's so good :)

ddmor
Mar 7th 2008, 09:02 PM
I love peanut butter and peanuts, but there's something about the stickiness of the nut - they stick to the teeth and you're eating it all day. That could be what you're experiencing. I have to be sure to brush my teeth after eating nuts, or I feel the way you described it. :)

Toolman
Mar 7th 2008, 09:04 PM
I love peanut butter and peanuts, but there's something about the stickiness of the nut - they stick to the teeth and you're eating it all day. That could be what you're experiencing. I have to be sure to brush my teeth after eating nuts, or I feel the way you described it. :)

A big glass of ice cold milk helps also :)

aliveinchrist
Mar 7th 2008, 09:32 PM
Do you like hummus? It is a great and tasty way to up your protein. I have a recipe if you are interested.

I don't think I've ever tried it. But I would like to, and am very interested in the recipe! Thank you!

RoadWarrior
Mar 7th 2008, 10:03 PM
I don't think I've ever tried it. But I would like to, and am very interested in the recipe! Thank you!

I like to keep some of this on hand, it makes a great snack in between meals. My sister could not find Tahini, so she used peanut butter and loved it. It is usually found in the health food section of the store.

Hummus Appetizer

Serve it cold or at room temperature, with crackers or cubes of french bread, or raw veggies.

1 can Garbanzo beans. (I drain and rinse, then add a little water to the blender as needed.)
3 T. Tahini (Sesame Seed butter)
2 T Lemon Juice
5 green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, pressed or chopped
1/2 tsp cumin (powdered)
2 T soy sauce
1 T fresh parsley, chopped (to sprinkle on top and make it pretty. alternatively, I use dried parsley in the blender with the other ingredients)

Mix all ingredients except parsley in blender until well blended. Using a spatula, scrape out of blender and into a serving dish. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve.

RoadWarrior
Mar 7th 2008, 10:06 PM
While I'm at it, here is another good recipe to boost protein. Do you like spicy foods? If so, this one is totally yummy! It can also be used as sandwich filling.

Tuna Dip, Spicy

1 13-oz can white tuna, drained
1 7-oz can pickled mild jalapeno chiles, chopped, juices included
1 minced onion
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
cup mayonnaise

Mix ingredients by hand (not blender) until mushy.

Serve with tortilla chips.