PDA

View Full Version : Can Christians date Wiccans?

ChristianKnight
Mar 25th 2008, 03:28 AM
Are Christians allowed to date a Wiccan? I might try asking this girl out and rumor has it that she is a Wiccan, no one likes her, and I mean she is a nice girl just mis-understood I believe. Bad idea?

ilovemetal
Mar 25th 2008, 03:42 AM
haha you sound like me, when i ask about dating girls who 'get around'. if you search your heart, i'm sure the anwser will come.

but i'll give you my thoughts. i'd say....don't. it's probly a bad idea. and if you don't intend on marrage, don't waste your time. .....yeah. girls....

pray about it.:D

Athanasius
Mar 25th 2008, 03:56 AM
Are Christians allowed to date a Wiccan? I might try asking this girl out and rumor has it that she is a Wiccan, no one likes her, and I mean she is a nice girl just mis-understood I believe. Bad idea?

What does the Bible have to say?

2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

You can be her friend, but you absolutely can't date her if she is Wiccan.

haha you sound like me, when i ask about dating girls who 'get around'. if you search your heart, i'm sure the anwser will come.

but i'll give you my thoughts. i'd say....don't. it's probly a bad idea. and if you don't intend on marrage, don't waste your time. .....yeah. girls....

pray about it.:D

I definitely wouldn't begin with 'heart searching'

Matthew 15:19
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

I think scripture is pretty clear in 1 Cor. 6:14. . .

diffangle
Mar 25th 2008, 03:56 AM
From a Scriptural standpoint...

2Cr 6:14 (http://cf.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=2Cr&c=6&v=14&t=KJV#14)Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

diffangle
Mar 25th 2008, 04:00 AM
What does the Bible have to say?

2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

You can be her friend, but you absolutely can't date her if she is Wiccan.

I definitely wouldn't being with 'heart searching'

Matthew 15:19
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

I think scripture is pretty clear in 1 Cor. 6:14. . .
Oops we were posting at the same time :lol:. Another thing to keep in mind is the story of King Solomon and how his pagan wives drew his heart away from YHWH and turned it towards pagan gods. :eek:

Athanasius
Mar 25th 2008, 04:02 AM
Oops we were posting at the same time :lol:. Another thing to keep in mind is the story of King Solomon and how his pagan wives drew his heart away from YHWH and turned it towards pagan gods. :eek:

Ha! We did indeed. I agree, King Solomon is a good warning.

mcgyver
Mar 25th 2008, 04:05 AM
I agree with both diffangle and xel'naga...

Here is an interesting picture for you to ponder, directly relating to the scriptural reference already mentioned:

If you yoke a strong ox and a weak ox together in the same trace...the strong ox will never "pull up" the weak ox...but the weaker animal will drag down the stronger one...

God's word is clear in this instance...The OT is full of examples...You'd be dating her at your peril, IMO.

ChristianKnight
Mar 25th 2008, 04:23 AM
Well, I am not afraid of converting to witchcraft haha, I am pretty solid on Christianity to not go for Charmed.

diffangle
Mar 25th 2008, 04:36 AM
I agree with both diffangle and xel'naga...

Here is an interesting picture for you to ponder, directly relating to the scriptural reference already mentioned:

If you yoke a strong ox and a weak ox together in the same trace...the strong ox will never "pull up" the weak ox...but the weaker animal will drag down the stronger one...

God's word is clear in this instance...The OT is full of examples...You'd be dating her at your peril, IMO.
Deu 22:10 (http://cf.blb.org/Bible.cfm?b=Deu&c=22&v=10&t=KJV#10)Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together. :)

Well, I am not afraid of converting to witchcraft haha, I am pretty solid on Christianity to not go for Charmed.
Are you familiar with King Solomon? He was pretty solid in his faith in YHWH, he's responsible for building the first Temple and many of the writings of the Old Testament... he was considered the wisest man, wisdom was a gift that YHWH gave him but in the end the wives turned his heart away from YHWH. So if the wisest man can fall...

ChristianKnight
Mar 25th 2008, 04:38 AM
Deu 22:10 (http://cf.blb.org/Bible.cfm?b=Deu&c=22&v=10&t=KJV#10)Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together. :)

Are you familiar with King Solomon? He was pretty solid in his faith in YHWH, he's responsible for building the first Temple and many of the writings of the Old Testament... he was considered the wisest man, wisdom was a gift that YHWH gave him but in the end the wives turned his heart away from YHWH. So if the wisest man can fall...

Well, yall have made me think twice, but what if I find out she isn't a Wiccan, and just a atheist?

diffangle
Mar 25th 2008, 04:40 AM
Well, yall have made me think twice, but what if I find out she isn't a Wiccan, and just a atheist?
This verse applies to anyone who isn't a believer...

2Cr 6:14 (http://cf.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=2Cr&c=6&v=14&t=KJV#14) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Unless you're an atheist then you will be unequally yoked. ;)

ChristianKnight
Mar 25th 2008, 04:47 AM
Well, do you know how small that narrows it down to?

Athanasius
Mar 25th 2008, 04:49 AM

Yes; Christians only.

diffangle
Mar 25th 2008, 04:50 AM
There's lots of Christian girls... do you attend a church or Bible study group?

Tanya~
Are Christians allowed to date a Wiccan?

Not according to the Bible, as others have shown.

I might try asking this girl out and rumor has it that she is a Wiccan, no one likes her, and I mean she is a nice girl just mis-understood I believe. Bad idea?Yes, it is a bad idea. A very bad idea.

ChristianKnight
Jez, that is not a lot.

I am gonna convert people now, just so I can help others have more people to date lol

diffangle
Mar 25th 2008, 04:55 AM
How about instead of trying to date her you try to share the Gospel with her so as to help lead her to Salvation? :)

ChristianKnight
Mar 25th 2008, 04:59 AM
I might try that, but I mean these pagans and wiccans are really group like and they might try to get me lol, of course I can duke, so thats fine with me either way.

Naphal
Mar 25th 2008, 05:24 AM

As long as she respects your right to be a Christian it is ok, and you can even marry her and possibly save her in the process:

1 Corinthians 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
1 Corinthians 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Naphal
Mar 25th 2008, 05:25 AM
How about instead of trying to date her you try to share the Gospel with her so as to help lead her to Salvation? :)

Excellent idea!

diffangle
Mar 25th 2008, 05:28 AM
As long as she respects your right to be a Christian it is ok, and you can even marry her and possibly save her in the process:

1 Corinthians 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
1 Corinthians 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
That's addressing those who were already married when they became believer's...

1Cr 7:10 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=1Cr&chapter=7&verse=10&version=kjv#10)¶And unto the married I command

Naphal
Mar 25th 2008, 05:31 AM
That's addressing those who were already married when they became believer's...

1Cr 7:10 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=1Cr&chapter=7&verse=10&version=kjv#10)¶And unto the married I command

That doesn't specify that these people were both believers when they married. It also doesn't say one lost their faith. It simply addresses married couples that have only one believer. A Christian can marry an unbeliever as long as it doesn't cause an issue in their faith or the marriage.

diffangle
Mar 25th 2008, 05:39 AM
That doesn't specify that these people were both believers when they married. It also doesn't say one lost their faith. It simply addresses married couples that have only one believer. A Christian can marry an unbeliever as long as it doesn't cause an issue in their faith or the marriage.
What's your take on 2 Corinthians 6:14 and the story of King Solomon?

Athanasius
Mar 25th 2008, 05:40 AM
A Christian can marry an unbeliever as long as it doesn't cause an issue in their faith or the marriage.

Either way you've disqualified marriage between a Christian and a non-Christian.

Naphal
Mar 25th 2008, 05:47 AM
What's your take on 2 Corinthians 6:14 and the story of King Solomon?

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

This isn't about marriage or he would have spoken about marriage. He states pretty clearly that no one should divorce an unbeliever even though that technically makes then "unequally yoked"

Gill

not is it to be understood as dehorting from entering into marriage contracts with such persons; for such marriages the apostle, in his former epistle, had allowed to be lawful, and what ought to be abode by; though believers would do well carefully to avoid such an unequal yoke, since oftentimes they are hereby exposed to many snares, temptations, distresses, and sorrows, which generally more or less follow hereon: but there is nothing in the text or context that lead to such an interpretation; rather, if any particular thing is referred to, it is to joining with unbelievers in acts of idolatry; since one of the apostle's arguments to dissuade from being unequally yoked with unbelievers is, "what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?" and from the foregoing epistle it looks as if some in this church had joined with them in such practices; see 1Co_10:14. But I rather think that these words are a dissuasive in general, from having any fellowship with unbelievers in anything sinful and criminal, whether in worship or in conversation:

Clarke

2Co 6:14 -
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers - This is a military term: keep in your own ranks; do not leave the Christian community to join in that of the heathens. The verb ἑτεροζυγειν signifies to leave one’s own rank, place, or order, and go into another; and here it must signify not only that they should not associate with the Gentiles in their idolatrous feasts, but that they should not apostatize from Christianity; and the questions which follow show that there was a sort of fellowship that some of the Christians had formed with the heathens which was both wicked and absurd, and if not speedily checked would infallibly lead to final apostasy.
Some apply this exhortation to pious persons marrying with those who are not decidedly religious, and converted to God. That the exhortation may be thus applied I grant; but it is certainly not the meaning of the apostle in this place

What about the story of Solomon?

diffangle
Mar 25th 2008, 05:56 AM
2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

This isn't about marriage or he would have spoken about marriage. He states pretty clearly that no one should divorce an unbeliever even though that technically makes then "unequally yoked"

They shouldn't divorce if one of two unbeliever's becomes a believer once they are already married... YHWH hates divorce. 2 Co 6:14 applies to all unbeliever's... it doesn't differentiate between a possible spouse or a business partner.

What about the story of Solomon?

Are you familiar with what happened to him as a result of his pagan wives? If the wisest man could fall prey... I'd think twice before advising a 15 year old to do so.

IPet2_9
Mar 25th 2008, 06:02 AM
Can Christians date Wiccans? (http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=120067)

No........................

daughter
Mar 25th 2008, 06:08 AM

When I married my husband, I was a witch, and he was an athiest. We were nice and evenly yoked. When I became Christian things got very difficult, and this verse gave me courage to keep going.

But as an ex witch, let me say... don't start going out with a wiccan. I know what wiccans do, and a practising witch might well feel she has power to influence you in your spiritual life. If she's anti Christian (as most likely she is) she might start "praying" for want of a better word, that you see the light. And you'll have walked right into her hands.

It's one thing to befriend someone. Totally different to "be their boyfriend."

You might have wonderful faith now... do you not have faith for God to find you a Christian wife?

ChristianKnight
Mar 25th 2008, 06:21 AM
Well, I mean I do, but I have never dated before lol, maybe that doesn't sound weird to yall, but I am 15, but I guess that's not weird? I mean I don't see her faith as a problem, but if she [B]is[B] anti-christian then it wouldn't work of course.

Naphal
Mar 25th 2008, 06:26 AM
They shouldn't divorce if one of two unbeliever's becomes a believer once they are already married... YHWH hates divorce. 2 Co 6:14 applies to all unbeliever's... it doesn't differentiate between a possible spouse or a business partner.

It isn't about marriage to an unbeliever because that partnership can sanctify the unbeliever. Paul does not state the status of the persons before marriage, only after marriage. If one does not believe it isn't a reason to divorce.

Are you familiar with what happened to him as a result of his pagan wives? If the wisest man could fall prey... I'd think twice before advising a 15 year old to do so.

There are examples of this and examples of bad marriages within believers. One must remain faithful to Christ if one marries an unbeliever and I believe NT states that we cannot have more than one spouse at a time. Also, no 15 y/o can or should get married but they can date.

ilovemetal
Mar 25th 2008, 06:31 AM
woah, i meant search your heart like, if God is truley a part of your life, he will say don't do it....and you will know it's him. I call God my heart. for the record.

Naphal
Mar 25th 2008, 06:32 AM

Most people read right over the "unequally" part. Marriage is an equal yoke, not unequal. If it is unequal then you should not be involved. However, the context is not concerning marriage. Paul addresses marriages between unbelievers elsewhere which does not conflict with this.

ChristianKnight
Mar 25th 2008, 06:34 AM
I am not gonna get married, just to clarify that lol.

I want to date her cause she is cute, and seems to be dis-liked for no good reason, that is wrong, a lot of people dis-like me just cause I am a country boy, and don't listen to rap or stuff like that.

Naphal
Mar 25th 2008, 06:36 AM
I am not gonna get married, just to clarify that lol.

I want to date her cause she is cute, and seems to be dis-liked for no good reason, that is wrong, a lot of people dis-like me just cause I am a country boy, and don't listen to rap or stuff like that.

Just make sure your faith is strong enough to reject anything that will tempt you or shake your faith. Behave as a Christian would, don't feel like you should act like a wiccan guy.

ChristianKnight
Mar 25th 2008, 06:38 AM
Just make sure your faith is strong enough to reject anything that will tempt you or shake your faith. Behave as a Christian would, don't feel like you should act like a wiccan guy.

haha, I don't know how a wiccan guy would act, and don't really care. She will know from the start that I am a Christian, and that I will not put up with her blasphemy on god, if we go out. I will not diss her religion, if she doesn't diss mine.

daughter
Mar 25th 2008, 06:43 AM
What do you mean by "date"? Do you mean accompany her to events, take her for dinner? Or would you start "making out" with her.

If the latter is in anyway likely, don't do it. That would be fornication, and against God. Sorry to be an old spoilsport, and I wish someone had told me that when I was a teenager. I "dated" someone for a couple of years, and he couldn't understand why I wouldn't have sex with him. After all, we were "dating". For some in today's culture it's seen as a promise for sex. If that's what she or you are thinking, don't date. You're male, so the risks for you are different from what they are for her.

But also, you seem like a really nice, gentle young man. Don't date someone because you feel sorry for them. If it's because you like her that's different.

Still, I've only ever dated people I seriously wanted to be with for the rest of my life. Three times. Once it ended so badly I'm not going to describe it publically, because it makes me feel sick. The second time I got married, and divorced soon after (that didn't leave me feeling sick, just very badly wounded.) And the third time God got it right for me, and for him (my husband). God is very good indeed.

But don't be in a hurry to date. Even if you do feel sorry for the girl. She deserves better than to be treated as a wounded puppy.

ChristianKnight
Mar 25th 2008, 06:48 AM
I do not mean to make out with her, I didn't know that was fornication! I mean the only time I would make out with a girl is if we had been dating for a long time, but I guess that kinda rules that out lol. I know she is being bullied, and I mean its wrong, I would stand up for her, but she goes to a different school (she is a grade below me). I am gonna try to tell one of the kids I know their to just ask her what her religious beliefs are, or to tell her if she'd like to talk about religion to contact me.

I have learned a lot from this, and I mean a lot.

Its 1:48 AM and I am gonna try to go to bed, I wish I could have been on earlier, but I had to till the garden.

Naphal
Mar 25th 2008, 06:49 AM
haha, I don't know how a wiccan guy would act, and don't really care. She will know from the start that I am a Christian, and that I will not put up with her blasphemy on god, if we go out. I will not diss her religion, if she doesn't diss mine.

What I meant is you shouldnt feel pressured into being someone different to please her.

daughter
Mar 25th 2008, 06:54 AM
I do not mean to make out with her, I didn't know that was fornication! I mean the only time I would make out with a girl is if we had been dating for a long time, but I guess that kinda rules that out lol. I know she is being bullied, and I mean its wrong, I would stand up for her, but she goes to a different school (she is a grade below me). I am gonna try to tell one of the kids I know their to just ask her what her religious beliefs are, or to tell her if she'd like to talk about religion to contact me.

Its 1:48 AM and I am gonna try to go to bed, I wish I could have been on earlier, but I had to till the garden.
You're a sweet kid, CK, and if I had a daughter I wouldn't be too worried if she dated you. Just for the record.

Goodnight, and as you go to sleep, say a prayer for the girl, as well as for yourself. See you sometime when you're rested.

ilovemetal
Mar 25th 2008, 07:10 AM
i didn't get a real gf till 18...so don't rush too much there bud.:D

even then, i've been single for 7 years....

but i don't see a problem just hangin. friends are good to have.

Athanasius
Mar 25th 2008, 01:52 PM

Most people read right over the "unequally" part. Marriage is an equal yoke, not unequal. If it is unequal then you should not be involved. However, the context is not concerning marriage. Paul addresses marriages between unbelievers elsewhere which does not conflict with this.

Because you had ignored what I said previously, let me reiterate.

A Christian can marry an unbeliever as long as it doesn't cause an issue in their faith or the marriage.

There is no such circumstance as a Christian and an unbeliever getting married that won't cause an issue in faith (which then extends to marriage). Primarily, children and death are two areas which are a great source of conflict.

diffangle
Mar 25th 2008, 02:05 PM

How about before getting others to pry for her religious beliefs for you, you just get her number and start establishing a friendship with her first... you'll then find out what her beliefs are yourself. :)

NHL Fever
Mar 25th 2008, 02:09 PM
There is no such circumstance as a Christian and an unbeliever getting married that won't cause an issue in faith (which then extends to marriage). Primarily, children and death are two areas which are a great source of conflict.

100% true. Saying its ok as long as it doesn't affect your faith is foolishness. If you are serious about your faith, there is no way for it not to affect your faith. I mean what the heck is a romantic relationship and marriage about anyway? - is it not to have a partner to share you innermost feelings, goals, and dreams with? For the Christian this would obviously center around Christ and the life beyond this one, what tragedy to not have a partner to relate to that - and many here can testify to the sadness that can bring.

Are you prepared to risk your children being raised non-Christian? If not, then make a smart logical choice in partner, not a blind one.

There are fun people of all religions, but the excitement and lightheartedness can only last so long before a deeper level of understanding is necessary for the romance to go anywhere. At this point there will be a wall between the believe and unbeliever, if the believer is honest with them self and real with Christ. Everyone believes when they enter a relationship that their present feelings or understanding about the person will persist, which is delusional. Once it changes, you can have some major misery up ahead by making the wrong choice now.

ChristianKnight
Mar 25th 2008, 02:12 PM
Because you had ignored what I said previously, let me reiterate.

I can see that, cause marriage is everything right?

Athanasius
Mar 25th 2008, 02:16 PM
I can see that, cause marriage is everything right?

In how I view dating it is, yes.

renthead188
Mar 25th 2008, 02:51 PM
In how I view dating it is, yes.

aye

I learned that over the past few months too... better to hold off on dating until I am searching for a wife. I'm only 20! I should really be concentrating on finishing my education (secular) and finding a decent bible college for after!

-Christian Knight-
If you are concerned for this girl - pray for her. Ask God to protect her and to reveal the truth to her. Ask God to love her and draw her near to Him. Ask God for direction in this matter and ask Him to turn your heart to what HE wants for you.

Christopher

HisLeast
Mar 25th 2008, 04:03 PM
You might feel like you're pretty solid right now... but lets say you start dating her. Things go well, you get more insight into her personality. You date for a little longer and your appreciation for her grows. Now you're vested in her and THATS when your struggles are going to come. THATS when you'll see that being eye-to-eye on issues of faith really matters.

Lets be real about this... people don't negotiate the terms of their dating on the front end. They do all the feel-good stuff first, and once they're attached, thats when the differences in core values start becoming a burden... precisely when its too late (or at least very painfull) to do anything about.

Exercise a great deal of caution in this my friend.

HisLeast
Mar 25th 2008, 04:06 PM
I am gonna convert people now, just so I can help others have more people to date lol

How does one person "convert" another?

In any case, have a little faith and don't be affraid to follow God's will even when its really inconvenient. Remember, Sara was an old crone when God promised her and Abraham a son.

Friend of I AM
Mar 25th 2008, 04:52 PM

Well first question I think you should ask yourself before dating anyone is this - does God want me to date right now? :)

If the answer to that question is yes, then ask yourself this question..
How do I know if the person that says they're a Christian, truly is one?

If the spirit is leading you to go out with this woman, I would say give it a try..one or two dates won't hurt anything. You may find that her behavior is more accepting and Christ-like, than those girls whom profess themselves to be devout Christians. Besides that, you may also find that this is an excellent opportunity to test your witnessing skills as well as your faith in Christ.

In Christ,

Stephen

daughter
Mar 25th 2008, 05:00 PM
Of course the other thing to remember is... do you consider yourself to be a man or a boy yet? A man takes responsibility for himself. If you are not able yet to fend for yourself, then any kind of "dating" should be out. If you pay your own bills, etc etc, then you're ready to "date" (or I may be very old fashioned and say "court" in preference.)

The problem I had with my first marriage was that my ex simply hadn't grown up. Daddy was still paying his bills, and he never came out from under his parents wings. His second marriage, after he finally got a job etc, seems much better than the mess we made between us of the first.

My true husband, in heaven now, was when I met him a man. He had made his own way, made decisions, lived a life, coped with pain and loss, and kept going. Marrying a man, as opposed to a boy, was the single best thing I did before becoming Christian. He helped me be a woman, in a way that no childhood crush ever could.

Sorry if I sound old and grumpy, I'm just letting you know. When I was sixteen I thought the world would end if I didn't meet someone. Well... here I am, and I wish I'd had someone bark at me back then. :rolleyes:

The most important thing is to grow up and find your way. I'm sure you'll do just that, and if you have faith in God, He'll find you a good and godly wife.

Friend of I AM
Mar 25th 2008, 05:14 PM
Of course the other thing to remember is... do you consider yourself to be a man or a boy yet? A man takes responsibility for himself. If you are not able yet to fend for yourself, then any kind of "dating" should be out. If you pay your own bills, etc etc, then you're ready to "date" (or I may be very old fashioned and say "court" in preference.)

The problem I had with my first marriage was that my ex simply hadn't grown up. Daddy was still paying his bills, and he never came out from under his parents wings. His second marriage, after he finally got a job etc, seems much better than the mess we made between us of the first.

My true husband, in heaven now, was when I met him a man. He had made his own way, made decisions, lived a life, coped with pain and loss, and kept going. Marrying a man, as opposed to a boy, was the single best thing I did before becoming Christian. He helped me be a woman, in a way that no childhood crush ever could.

Sorry if I sound old and grumpy, I'm just letting you know. When I was sixteen I thought the world would end if I didn't meet someone. Well... here I am, and I wish I'd had someone bark at me back then. :rolleyes:

The most important thing is to grow up and find your way. I'm sure you'll do just that, and if you have faith in God, He'll find you a good and godly wife.

Lol. There's a lot of immature little girls out there too you know, particularly the one's who have big daddy complexes...;)

Let's remember that Love is not about "seeking our own" but instead about what we can give to others and about how we can glorify God.

To the Op: If God does say that dating is okay for you right now, pray that God leads you to a girl who loves God, loves her family, and loves other people. Open your mind a bit when going out with her - and remember to have a good time more so than anything. Good ol clean fun never hurt anyone. God luck!!

Zorgblar
Mar 25th 2008, 05:18 PM

By wiccan do you mean peace to the earth don't harm anyone and use witchcraft to help people kind of wiccan?Do you mean THAT kind of wiccan?If so yes it's a bad idea.

daughter
Mar 25th 2008, 05:21 PM
I know. And I was that immature little girl. That's why I was attracted to a boy in the first place, we were playing house, God love us...

The good news is, we both grew up, and forgave each other, and moved on. But it was painful for both of us, and I hurt him as much as he hurt me.

If we'd been grown up, paying our own bills, living our own lives, then it would have been a different story. But we met at university, which in some ways is just like kindergarten. Everyone runs round thinking they're so clever and grown up... but very few of us were.

My advise to my son would be, grow up first, and be a man. Prove you can look after yourself before you try to look after someone else.

A man can marry young if he wants to... my grandparents married very young, and were together fifty years, loving each other every minute they could. Even when things went wrong, they tried to live as God would have them live. And their marriage was blessed.

So age isn't the factor, it's maturity. And the modern world mitigates against maturity. That's how it seems to me anyway.

daughter
Mar 25th 2008, 05:21 PM
By wiccan do you mean peace to the earth don't harm anyone and use witchcraft to help people kind of wiccan?Do you mean THAT kind of wiccan?If so yes it's a bad idea.
Any kind of wiccan is a bad idea!

Friend of I AM
Mar 25th 2008, 05:25 PM

I don't think he really knows if she's a Wiccan or not. He's just heard heresay from a lot of different people in the school state that she is. Kids gossip and make stuff up a lot(as do adults) Remember, people called Christ himself a demon, as well as John the Baptist when they came here - they even went as far as to say that Christ was casting out demons in the name of demons!! It's better for one to get first hand information from the person as oppossed to just going by what everyone else says.

I think it may be a good idea for him to ask her, perhaps even go out with her once to see what's she's all about - if anything it will help establish his faith in Christ and testify to others. I think if he trusts in God enough, he doesn't need to worry about going out on a date hurting his faith. Remember - Christ came into this world to save sinners, and we were found to be very wretched to him when he came to us.

Zorgblar
Mar 25th 2008, 06:11 PM
Any kind of wiccan is a bad idea!

I know THAT!I was just made my post the way i did because i have heard that's what wiccans main beliefs are that's all.

ChristianKnight
Mar 25th 2008, 10:05 PM
I am back for a minute, then I have to go till (you take a electric tiller, and hold it in the ground and push it, the old ones like man kick real bad, so ya kinda hard business, but I love working physically :))

I want to see if she is a Wiccan, but I do not want her to feel bad cause kids don't agree with what she is, thats wrong. Christians or anyone for that matter shouldn't persecute.

Tanya~
Mar 25th 2008, 10:15 PM
Right, it is not Christian to persecute anyone... but that doesn't mean you should date her. :)

Have fun tilling! There was a king in Israel, who is noted in the Bible as a man who 'loved the soil.' Sounds like you're that kinda guy. :)

2 Chron 26:9-10
And Uzziah built towers in Jerusalem at the Corner Gate, at the Valley Gate, and at the corner buttress of the wall; then he fortified them. 10 Also he built towers in the desert. He dug many wells, for he had much livestock, both in the lowlands and in the plains; he also had farmers and vinedressers in the mountains and in Carmel, for he loved the soil.
NKJV

ChristianKnight
Mar 25th 2008, 10:24 PM
Yea, I love working on the farm, even if it does hurt sometimes, I'll be back at sunset (2 hours or so probably), I gotta work as much as I can, gotta plant my crop soon.

brb at sunset

Tru_Knyte
Mar 25th 2008, 10:50 PM
Yea, I love working on the farm, even if it does hurt sometimes, I'll be back at sunset (2 hours or so probably), I gotta work as much as I can, gotta plant my crop soon.

brb at sunset

Don't suppose that'd be corn crops be any chance? :P

Looks like it's going to be a good harvest this year.....

LookingUp
Mar 25th 2008, 10:52 PM
Are Christians allowed to date a Wiccan? I might try asking this girl out and rumor has it that she is a Wiccan, no one likes her, and I mean she is a nice girl just mis-understood I believe. Bad idea?Date? No way. Share gospel. Yes.

ChristianKnight
Mar 26th 2008, 12:03 AM
Don't suppose that'd be corn crops be any chance? :P

Looks like it's going to be a good harvest this year.....

Nope, a garden, I just got back only got to do a hour today cause gas ran out right at sunset.

Naphal
Mar 26th 2008, 03:04 AM
Just to make sure everyone reads this and understands:

Now, this comes from Paul not from God so it's advice from a very solid Christian man who was taught through divine means but this is his own opinion. One I agree with.

Athanasius
Mar 26th 2008, 03:34 AM
Just to make sure everyone reads this and understands:

Now, this comes from Paul not from God so it's advice from a very solid Christian man who was taught through divine means but this is his own opinion. One I agree with.

I'm fairly certain Paul is speaking about divorce. . . Gives it a different meaning than what you've implied.

1 Corinthians 7:10-16

10But to the married I give instructions, not I, but the Lord, that the wife should not leave her husband 11(but if she does leave, she must remain unmarried, or else be reconciled to her husband), and that the husband should not divorce his wife.
12But to the rest I say, not the Lord, that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he must not divorce her.
13And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away.
14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.
15Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.
16For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?

threebigrocks
Mar 26th 2008, 09:50 PM

Why would a Christian marry a wiccian, what in the world makes that okay?

2 Corinthians 6

14Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
15Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?

1 Corinthians 6

15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? May it never be!
16Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, "THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH."

If a person has the Spirit living in them, and in marriage two become one flesh why would they marry one of another spirit especially one of evil?

Naphal, if the Christian wanted to befriend the wiccan, lead them to Christ and then marry - fine. But knowingly marrying when there are two very different Spirits/spirits at play there, or for a marriage to be even between a believer and anyone who believes otherwise it shouldn't happen.

Naphal
Mar 27th 2008, 01:02 AM
Why would a Christian marry a wiccian, what in the world makes that okay?

Same reason anyone marries. It's not the most ideal situation but Paul believes such a union could work and could even sanctify the unbelieving spouse.

Naphal, if the Christian wanted to befriend the wiccan, lead them to Christ and then marry - fine. But knowingly marrying when there are two very different Spirits/spirits at play there, or for a marriage to be even between a believer and anyone who believes otherwise it shouldn't happen.

That's where we disagree then.

threebigrocks
Mar 27th 2008, 01:28 AM
Same reason anyone marries. It's not the most ideal situation but Paul believes such a union could work and could even sanctify the unbelieving spouse.

That verse does not say that they purposly married that way, giving no regard to if the other follows Christ. And, if they did - what would have trumped that man to choose to marry a wife that wasn't a believer? Hint: Has to do with the flesh... physically and spiritually.;)

Just to throw another in this mix - what if both were unbelievers when they married and one came to faith and one didn't or came to faith later?

The scripture simply says that if one spouse is an unbeliever. If you read on, a widow who wishes to remarry is held to a standard:

1 Corinthians 7

39A wife is bound as long as her husband lives; but if her husband is dead, she is free to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord. (Italics mine)

Naphal
Mar 27th 2008, 01:41 AM
That verse does not say that they purposly married that way, giving no regard to if the other follows Christ.

Again, the scriptures do not state whether anyone was a believer or unbeliever before marriage. All we have is a married couple where only one is a Christian.

threebigrocks
Mar 27th 2008, 02:02 AM
Again, the scriptures do not state whether anyone was a believer or unbeliever before marriage. All we have is a married couple where only one is a Christian.

So, it can indeed apply to a first marriage also. ;)

So, what of the notion that a Christian man chooses, freely, to marry someone who worships with evil? There is no communion that darkness can have with light. Is that what marriage is to portray - marriage of darkness and light or is it, if it's in the Lord as the man would be a believer, a reflection of Christ and His bride the church?

Naphal
Mar 27th 2008, 02:10 AM
So, it can indeed apply to a first marriage also. ;)

So, what of the notion that a Christian man chooses, freely, to marry someone who worships with evil? There is no communion that darkness can have with light. Is that what marriage is to portray - marriage of darkness and light or is it, if it's in the Lord as the man would be a believer, a reflection of Christ and His bride the church?

The idea is that the believer can sanctify the unbeliever. I do not know exactly what that entails but Paul believed in it and so I also believe in it.

Back to the Op, can a Christian date a Wiccan. Yes, but with great care the same as dating anyone who isn't a Christian. It's the same if the OP had been "Can a Christian date a Jew?"

Ashley274
Mar 27th 2008, 02:19 AM
I would not date her..That would set you up to be unequally yoked. You could be a casual friend and pray your good influence effects her...then maybe when/if she becomes a christian ..date her...Dating her sets you up to bad influences ...Be careful

Tanya~
Mar 27th 2008, 02:37 AM
The idea is that the believer can sanctify the unbeliever. I do not know exactly what that entails but Paul believed in it and so I also believe in it.

I think you're misunderstanding Paul's intent. He is not instructing believers to marry unbelievers for the sake of 'sanctifying them.' He is saying that if you are married to an unbeliever, your salvation sanctifies them because otherwise, your children would be unclean. It doesn't mean the unbeliever is saved by marriage to the believer.

Back to the Op, can a Christian date a Wiccan. Yes, but with great care the same as dating anyone who isn't a Christian. It's the same if the OP had been "Can a Christian date a Jew?"

Paul taught that a woman is bound by law to her husband until he dies. If she is married to an unbeliever she is not to leave him (if he leaves her, she can't help that.) When he dies she is free to remarry, but only in the Lord. What applies to the widow applies the same to any other single person.

1 Cor 7:39
A wife is bound by the law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.
NKJV

If a Wiccan and a Christian marry, what sort of wedding ceremony would they have? Would they have a Pagan handfasting? Or would they have a Christian marriage? How would they raise the children? It doesn't matter if the non-Christian is a Muslim or a Jew or a Wiccan. Marrying a non-Christian on purpose is contrary to sound Biblical teaching. People still do it, but they are better off if they do not.

Naphal
Mar 27th 2008, 02:45 AM
What applies to the widow applies the same to any other single person.

That's opinion :)

If a Wiccan and a Christian marry, what sort of wedding ceremony would they have? Would they have a Pagan handfasting?

There is only one true marriage so anything outside of that isn't valid to God. BTW, most of our current wedding traditions aren't biblical.

Or would they have a Christian marriage? How would they raise the children?

Everything would have to be done the Christian way or else the unbeliever is wrongly affecting the believer. That's the only way a believer can be married to an unbeliever.

renthead188
Mar 27th 2008, 04:48 AM
I think that the question is, SHOULD a Christian date a Pagan?

A healthy, loving and God Honoring relationship with the opposite sex is based on a shared love of Christ. Do you share this with an unbeliever?

Naphal
Mar 27th 2008, 04:51 AM
I think that the question is, SHOULD a Christian date a Pagan?

A healthy, loving and God Honoring relationship with the opposite sex is based on a shared love of Christ. Do you share this with an unbeliever?

Do we share the gospel with unbelievers?

Tanya~
Mar 27th 2008, 05:11 AM
Sharing the gospel with an unbeliever, and joining as one flesh with an unbeliever, are two completely different things.

ChristianKnight
Mar 27th 2008, 05:18 AM
This has turned into a really big topic over a really small thing to me, but I mean, its not like she is the only girl in the world. I mean, I do not really see a problem with a Christian dating a non-Christian as long as you don't start dissing Jesus or anything like that.

Tanya~
Mar 27th 2008, 05:29 AM
It's a proven fact that the people we spend the most time with are the ones who influence us the most. And while Christians do like to think they can influence their unbelieving girlfriend or boyfriend, all too often it works the other way around.

These discussions do tend to go way beyond what you were looking for, but that's because people come in and start making things confusing.

The fact is that Scripturally, it's not a good idea for a Christian to date a Wiccan if she is a Wiccan. Part of this passage was quoted to you, but please consider the larger context:

2 Cor 6:14-7:1
Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial ? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

"I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people."

17 Therefore

"Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you."
18'I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the LORD Almighty."

7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
NKJV

Certainly, we are to witness to Wiccans and all non-Christians. But that's not the same thing as getting into a relationship with them that commits you to them in some way, even if you're just dating.

Athanasius
Mar 27th 2008, 06:23 AM
This has turned into a really big topic over a really small thing to me, but I mean, its not like she is the only girl in the world. I mean, I do not really see a problem with a Christian dating a non-Christian as long as you don't start dissing Jesus or anything like that.

See the problem is. . . A non-Christian by definition is vehemently opposed to God. So whether or not they are verbal in their objection; they are against God.

Friend of I AM
Mar 27th 2008, 12:45 PM
I don't think I'd advise anyone to go about seeking an unbeliever to wed, but I do think that it's important for us to not put up any preconceived notions on who is Christian, not Christian based on what others have described them. It's important that we find out for ourselves what people are about, instead of going on second hand information about them and relying on others opinions. Remember the Pharisees labeled Jesus as a demon possessed drunkard and glutton, so imagine how many people denied Christ himself and persecuted the very son of God just because of this untruthful rhetoric.

My advice to the original Op again is to get to know this woman and find out if she's really about what all other people claim her to be. Perhaps based on the nature of the situation, it may be a good idea that you invite her out with your friends - I think you'd be demonstrating Christ like love by doing this - and I think she'd particularly feel good about it, since from the way you've stated things she seems to be very shunned by others in the school. You may find that through your kindness, even if she is of another religion - you will open the doors to her being brought to Christ.

Friend of I AM
Mar 27th 2008, 12:51 PM
See the problem is. . . A non-Christian by definition is vehemently opposed to God. So whether or not they are verbal in their objection; they are against God.

Were the Pharisees followers of God? They proved by their actions that they weren't. The Centurian, the thief on the cross, and many of those labeled as "sinners" by the populace were redeemed and found to be followers of the Lord based on their actions and faith. Let us be imitators of Christ was when he was here, turning away from our own preconceived notions of who and what represents righteousnous - and go about showing not only to those whom we consider our bretheren love, but those whom have not known or ever been exposed to the Love of Christ. If we demonstrate love only to those who love us, we're demonstrating the same type of love that the scribes and Pharisees had, which isn't Love at all.

karenoka27
Mar 27th 2008, 01:00 PM

You are correct in saying this has turned into a big topic...it should have ended the first time 2 Corinthians 6:14 was mentioned. When you date a girl, chances are you are looking possibly for a lifetime mate. If the Bible says not to be yoked together with an unbeliever why do Christians have such a difficult time obeying what God says?
If you want to sit and witness to someone then that is different..but date them? I don't understand what part of "Don't" Christians don't get today.

Friend of I AM
Mar 27th 2008, 01:05 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to stress you out. Based on this response above I'd say it would be good to just not to go out or approach this young lady at all. You'll probably save her and yourself a lot of heartache.

In Christ,

Stephen

threebigrocks
Mar 27th 2008, 01:06 PM
If you want to sit and witness to someone then that is different..but date them? I don't understand what part of "Don't" Christians don't get today.

And that I couldn't agree with more. :pp

Friend of I AM
Mar 27th 2008, 01:14 PM
You are correct in saying this has turned into a big topic...it should have ended the first time 2 Corinthians 6:14 was mentioned. When you date a girl, chances are you are looking possibly for a lifetime mate. If the Bible says not to be yoked together with an unbeliever why do Christians have such a difficult time obeying what God says?

You do make a good point. Just as an aside though, it's important to not just seek a date/mate just because they make the statement "I'm Christian." I used to do that in the past myself, I'm starting to realize that's not the wisest course of action anymore. I dated many women who were professed Christians, but there actions didn't really pan out to be all that Christ like - there was no real warmth that exuded from them.

HisLeast
Mar 27th 2008, 01:42 PM

"Dissing" Jesus isn't the only way to stand in opposition to God.

When you start dating this girl, everything is going to be great because you'll be enjoying time together and letting your feelings grow. But there will be a day when you are both relatively committed to each other (married or not) and then you'll realize you have a problem.
- You'll have a problem because she won't understand how to keep the Sabbath holy, or even why she should (and by that time the things you do will affect her, so you keeping Sabbath will affect her!)
- She may not understand why you won't have sex with her, or worse, you'll decide having sex with her is ok.
- It will annoy her that you won't acknowledge the "truth" of her beliefs while simultaneously doubting the truth of your own.
- What if you have a child? Will she let you raise the child in knowledge of God while keeping her mouth shut about Wicca? Or worse, will you view faith as a smorgasboard and let your child pick which one feels best?
- If she does go to church with you, it will irk her that you'll take communion and she'll be told not to.

You "don't see a problem" with dating her because you're letting your attraction and understanding of dating cloud your ability to see the practical rammifications. Lets be honest here. Dating is rarely a "'try and see" thing, but when there's attraction involved its a "lets make this work". Attraction only grows, and it ONLY gets harder to extract yourself from it.

The single easiest and least complicated time to realize and avoid that pain is NOW, before you start dating.

karenoka27
Mar 27th 2008, 01:55 PM
You do make a good point. Just as an aside though, it's important to not just seek a date/mate just because they make the statement "I'm Christian." I used to do that in the past myself, I'm starting to realize that's not the wisest course of action anymore. I dated many women who were professed Christians, but there actions didn't really pan out to be all that Christ like - there was no real warmth that exuded from them.

I agree...but it is a safe place to start a relationship. I would do as I did with my children..when they told me they believed and were saved and called themselves Christians, I treated them as such. If I were dating someone who said they were a Christian, I would do the same. I would talk of things of the Lord, I would want them to come to church with me..pray with me, etc....

mcgyver
Mar 27th 2008, 02:04 PM

Whether we like it or not, Xel'Naga is absolutely correct:

"He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad." Matt 12:30

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." James 4:4

"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." Romans 5:10

And more to the point:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen." Romans 1:18-25

Both in principle and word...Either one is a redeemed child of God, or an enemy of God...There is no "gray area"...

I'd ponder that very carefully before getting into any relationship with a non-Christian...

Friend of I AM
Mar 27th 2008, 02:21 PM
I'd ponder that very carefully before getting into any relationship with a non-Christian...

I'd ponder very carefully before getting into a relationship with anyone nowadays - even if they call themselves a Christian.

Although dating/marrying can be a good thing, it can also be an extremely strenous and taxing thing for a devoted believer of Christ. People tend to loosen their morals a bit when dating, and their focus becomes more on the relationship instead of Christ centered. Believe me I've been there.

I think it's wise for someone to pray about whether or not God wants them to go about getting into relationships, before actually deciding to get into one. It's so important to be spirit lead, not flesh lead when approaching dating. The consequences in our lives, as well as the impacts of our relationship with God can be disastrous if we're not lead by him when we decide to date.

mcgyver
Mar 27th 2008, 02:37 PM
:agree: And that's really where the "rubber hits the road"...are we willing to wait on God and His timing? The person He has in mind for us?

threebigrocks
Mar 27th 2008, 03:43 PM
:agree: And that's really where the "rubber hits the road"...are we willing to wait on God and His timing? The person He has in mind for us?

If we follow the Spirit and not let our flesh dictate our steps, waiting on God's timing ought to prevail. ;)

HisGrace
Mar 31st 2008, 08:41 PM
If I were you ChristianKnight I would avoid her like the plague. You have no idea what kind of psychic powers she may have. The devil would love to use them to the fullest to get you away from Christ.

I believe unequally yoked means dating as well.

ChristianKnight
Mar 31st 2008, 10:44 PM
I am not scared of the devil. I'd duke it out with him, and whoop him. He is a coward. He can only defeat someone through trickery and deciet.

HisLeast
Mar 31st 2008, 10:56 PM
I am not scared of the devil. I'd duke it out with him, and whoop him. He is a coward. He can only defeat someone through trickery and deciet.

Well, he defeated better people than me. Adam and Eve lived in God's presence... closer than anyone before or after. More righteous than anyone up until Jesus. King David was a pretty righteous dude, yet even he fell to sexual immorality. They were all defeated by temptation.

This isn't a question of being "scared" or "tough" enough. Its about obedience to God's ordinances. However, I guess from a different point of view, it could be viewed as a question of bravery. Are you brave enough to follow God's word, even if it might run counter to what you want?

Tanya~
Mar 31st 2008, 10:56 PM
I agree with you, we don't need to be afraid of the devil.

Still, why would you want to date someone that belongs to him? That would be like dating him.

ChristianKnight
Apr 1st 2008, 12:29 AM
I agree with you, we don't need to be afraid of the devil.

Still, why would you want to date someone that belongs to him? That would be like dating him.

eh, Wiccans worship the devil? I thought they worshipped nature and stuff like that?

diffangle
Apr 1st 2008, 12:48 AM
eh, Wiccans worship the devil? I thought they worshipped nature and stuff like that?
They worship Pan. Who do you think he is?

Tanya~
Apr 1st 2008, 01:04 AM

They do worship nature, and don't even acknowledge the existence of the devil. But they are trapped by him, and are slaves to him without knowing or acknowledging it. That's what I meant by saying that they "belong" to the devil.

The purpose of a believer in the life of a Pagan is this:

Acts 26:18
18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.'
NKJV

Not to date them. :)

Athanasius
Apr 1st 2008, 01:26 AM
If you aren't worshiping God, you're worshiping Satan :P
Truth is truth independent of your knowing it.

HisGrace
Apr 1st 2008, 02:27 AM
I am not scared of the devil. I'd duke it out with him, and whoop him. He is a coward. He can only defeat someone through trickery and deciet.He has tricked and deceived some of the most saintly people I know. He doesn't just come up to you and announce himself. He is a master at sneaking up on you, and it can be a royal battle to get rid of him.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

ChristianKnight
Apr 1st 2008, 04:23 AM
It'd be awesome if he'd come out and duke it out. I'd hate to hurt him though lol

daughter
Apr 1st 2008, 07:50 AM
That's pride talking, CK. Even the archangel Michael didn't rely on his own strength when he contended with the devil over the body of Moses, but said, "the Lord rebuke you."

You don't "duke it out" with the devil. You stay right close to your big brother, the author and perfecter of our faith, and call on Him to defeat the devil.

You're in for a mighty shock if you think the devil is a laughing matter. Yes, he's defeated, and yes we can rejoice in that.

But if you think that in your own strength you can "hurt" the devil, when you're a puny little human, and he's the most powerful angel (albeit fallen) that ever was created, then you're deluded.

You're not ready to fight him yet, if you think it's a laughing matter, and we're never ready to fight him unless we call on Jesus.

I'm sure that you would call on Him, but if you have pride in the way then you have given the devil a stronghold in your life, and it needs to be beaten down.

Athanasius
Apr 1st 2008, 01:52 PM
It'd be awesome if he'd come out and duke it out. I'd hate to hurt him though lol

Remember, there are demons that required fasting and prayer before they were cast out, even by the Apostles.

ChristianKnight
Apr 2nd 2008, 01:19 AM
But if you think that in your own strength you can "hurt" the devil, when you're a puny little human, and he's the most powerful angel (albeit fallen) that ever was created, then you're deluded.

Michael is stronger than him isn't he? He defeated him and cast him out of Heaven didn't he? or are you saying he is the strongest fallen angel?

I know I can't defeat the devil in a fight of faith alone, I am just saying I wish he was physically a opponent, I can fight a opponent I can see much easier than one that sits behind me and whispers into my ear to defeat the commandments, and laws of God.