PDA

View Full Version : Is this true?

daughter
Apr 3rd 2008, 01:32 PM
Please tell me that this is an april fools joke. :cry: Even if it's a "joke", what a sign of our disgusting times.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=555473&in_page_id=1811

FaithfulSheep
Apr 3rd 2008, 01:42 PM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m72/jdarnall2001/Smilies/e010.gif

Oh my. I have heard nothing about this. :eek:

I so hope this is a joke, but with the way this world is, I wouldn't be surprised if it is true.

How disturbing.

harry
Apr 3rd 2008, 01:59 PM
those photos are disturbing!!

it's a topsy-turvey world.

maybe we're in the end times - i don't know much about this aspect of theology but there seems to be a plethora of bizarre crimes and weird stuff in the media nowadays.

is that an indication?

Slug1
Apr 3rd 2008, 02:09 PM
Of her own free will she decided to go against what God intends for a woman to be, yet still cannot deny what she was designed for in God's perfect plan and she still could not deny a desire hardwired into her by God to bare children.

This is a strong message that women who purposely go against the will of God should think with their heart and not their head.

th1bill
Apr 3rd 2008, 02:13 PM
Just as Slug has indicated, he is not a man. This is a case of a woman having surgery to become a man and now she, not he, is pregnant.

FaithfulSheep
Apr 3rd 2008, 02:17 PM
Okay. I read that but I was confused. (Not enough coffee today I guess.) Thank you for saying that Slug and Bill. That cleans up some of the confusion I had.

moonglow
Apr 3rd 2008, 02:35 PM
Please tell me that this is an april fools joke. :cry: Even if it's a "joke", what a sign of our disgusting times.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=555473&in_page_id=1811

Wait, wait you all before making judgments here. There ARE people born with with this condition..its a medical condition that they have no control over. They can actually be tested medically and usually have a huge hormonal difference going on. I have watched some documentaries about this and read a little about it on the internet. Its a true biological condition. I am trying to find something on the internet that explains it simply....keep running into hard to understand stuff though. There are studies showing, for instance we have male and female brains..there is a difference. Oh I am not explaining this well at all...:(

I will keep looking...but just don't jump the gun yet on this ok? Not saying what she/he did is right...but don't just assume she has rebelled against what body God gave her. Remember we live in a sin fallen world...babies are born with terrible birth defects all the time and we wouldn't say God gave them a deformed or sick body filled with cancer to start with. Sin has affected everything.

God bless

daughter
Apr 3rd 2008, 02:49 PM
Before she had her cosmetic surgery to look like a man, she was a female body builder, in a homosexual relationship with her then girlfriend. She had the surgery not because she felt like a man, but because it was the only way she could "marry" her partner those years ago. She's been a homosexual campaigner, and quite high profile.

I do believe that she went against what God designed her to be. I have a friend who had a sex change operation, and now that she has become Christian, she bitterly regrets it. She was brainwashed by psychiatrists, who were persuaded that "he" was really a "she." Basically, she had post traumatic stress disorder after seeing awful things in war, and instead of getting the help she needed, she was brainwashed by a politically correct system into thinking she was a woman in a man's body.

In fact, she was a very brave man, who went out to Afghanistan to try and make the world a bit safer, and when she'd seen some of the worst things you can imagine, and some you probably can't, she blamed "men" for what she'd seen. She was utterly betrayed by the system.

After hearing her testimony, I really distrust any professional who says, "it's natural." They have vested interests to say this. A body builder who has surgery so she can better campaign for homosexual rights, and to marry her "partner" doesn't have anything wrong with them, other than a moral problem. Well, that's my view.

moonglow
Apr 3rd 2008, 03:04 PM
Before she had her cosmetic surgery to look like a man, she was a female body builder, in a homosexual relationship with her then girlfriend. She had the surgery not because she felt like a man, but because it was the only way she could "marry" her partner those years ago. She's been a homosexual campaigner, and quite high profile.

I do believe that she went against what God designed her to be. I have a friend who had a sex change operation, and now that she has become Christian, she bitterly regrets it. She was brainwashed by psychiatrists, who were persuaded that "he" was really a "she." Basically, she had post traumatic stress disorder after seeing awful things in war, and instead of getting the help she needed, she was brainwashed by a politically correct system into thinking she was a woman in a man's body.

In fact, she was a very brave man, who went out to Afghanistan to try and make the world a bit safer, and when she'd seen some of the worst things you can imagine, and some you probably can't, she blamed "men" for what she'd seen. She was utterly betrayed by the system.

After hearing her testimony, I really distrust any professional who says, "it's natural." They have vested interests to say this. A body builder who has surgery so she can better campaign for homosexual rights, and to marry her "partner" doesn't have anything wrong with them, other than a moral problem. Well, that's my view.

Can you provide a link to this? I have been reading different things on the internet about him/her and didn't see that...I did see a picture of her as a body builder and she looked like a man wearing a binki top...she didn't look female at all. You may be right on this but I am going to hold out on making any judgments until we know more.

Here is a link on the difference between an intersex person (which is someone born usually with either both male and female sexual organs or they aren't right in some way...or born with chromosomes messed up...and the difference between them and those that say they are transsexuals or transgender...it seems the confusion is they use these words interchangeable...while one is a true medical condition and the other may not be.

http://www.isna.org/faq/transgender
What's the difference between being transgender or transsexual and having an intersex condition?

Man's World, Woman's World? Brain Studies Point to Differences (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=990CE5D8163DF93BA15751C0A9639582 60&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all)
Several years ago, Dr. Witelson reported that women have a larger corpus callosum, the tangle of fibers that run down the center of the brain and enable the two hemispheres to communicate. In addition, she said, she found that a region in the right side of the brain that corresponds to the region women used in the reading study by the Shaywitzes was larger in women than in men.

Most recently, Dr. Witelson discovered, by painstakingly counting brain cells, that although men have larger brains than women, women have about 11 percent more neurons. These extra nerve cells are densely packed in two of the six layers of the cerebral cortex, the outer shell of the brain, in areas at the level of the temple, behind the eye. These are regions used for understanding language and for recognizing melodies and the tones in speech. Although the sample was small, five men and four women, "the results are very, very clear," Dr. Witelson said.

Going along with the studies of brain anatomy and activity are a large body of psychological studies showing that men and women have different mental abilities. Psychologists have consistently shown that men, on average, are slightly better than women at spatial tasks, like visualizing figures rotated in three dimensions, and women, on average, are slightly better at verbal tasks.

God bless

Revinius
Apr 3rd 2008, 05:14 PM
if its true i hope the baby isnt crippled because of the years of hormone treatment. What i cant understand is if the person really wanted to have a kid then why become a man in the first place? Why not let the feminine one carry the child?

The world is becoming more and more distorted every day. I guess the only positive is that truth will shine brighter in the darkness.

moonglow
Apr 3rd 2008, 05:20 PM
if its true i hope the baby isnt crippled because of the years of hormone treatment. What i cant understand is if the person really wanted to have a kid then why become a man in the first place? Why not let the feminine one carry the child?

The world is becoming more and more distorted every day. I guess the only positive is that truth will shine brighter in the darkness.

She couldn't have a baby as she had a hysterectomy a number of years ago due to a medical problem.

Tanya~
Apr 3rd 2008, 05:26 PM
A while ago there was a discussion in the ChristiansAnswer forum about transsexualism. The member was trying to insist that a woman could become a man, and a man could become a woman. This shows that this woman who ostensibly became a man didn't become a man at all... she is a woman, still. And a man can never become a woman, no matter what he does to his body.

This isn't a man who is pregnant at all. It's just a pregnant woman, who is pretending to be a man.

Revinius
Apr 3rd 2008, 05:31 PM
She couldn't have a baby as she had a hysterectomy a number of years ago due to a medical problem.

yeah i just read the article fully :D

harry
Apr 4th 2008, 11:53 AM
i'm no expert on gender reassignment but i agree with daughter

I really distrust any professional who says, "it's natural." They have vested interests to say this

people are searching for contentment but changing sex is dangerous.

maybe in a small number of cases it's justified but i've read about people who do it and don't find the happiness they seek - even sometimes rechanging back again.

Tanya~
Apr 4th 2008, 02:08 PM
The reality is that it is not possible to change one's sex. A person can alter their physical appearance by the use of surgery and hormones, but that doesn't actually change the person's sex. A man cannot become a woman, and a woman cannot become a man. Sex is genetically determined before birth and there is nothing a person can do to change that. You are the sex you are in every cell in your body.

Athanasius
Apr 4th 2008, 03:32 PM
Interesting tidbit: I was told I have a 'female' brain.
As long as you have a professional backing it up, even the most idiotic of things become acceptable.

Revinius
Apr 4th 2008, 04:31 PM
As long as you have a professional backing it up, even the most idiotic of things become acceptable.

True. A true expert is not possible as none of us can know all of anything. People throw the title around as evidence for things when in reality its a common fallacy.

moonglow
Apr 4th 2008, 04:53 PM

Well the thing is there is real medical evidence our brains (male and female) are different. PET scans show the differences. Its not just someone saying something out of thin air. Even Dr. Dobson has a show about this one time on his Christian radio show.

I am waiting for more information about this person from a medical standpoint. Whether we like it or not, babies are born all the time not right in some way. To say a baby born with CP that cannot walk and works towards learning to walk anyway is going against God's plan because God intended for them to be born brain damage and crippled would make no sense. We usually cheer those that overcome a birth defect...we don't scold them and say you shouldn't improve yourself because God made you this way. No one would say that. But as soon at it comes to gender stuff everyone jumps to make a judgment about that person and it really bothers me. Saying they are going against God's plan ...how do we know that? How do we know this person's hormones or a chromosome or whatever wasn't messed up to start with when they were born? Instead we want to judge and condemn before even knowing all the facts. :(

God bless

daughter
Apr 4th 2008, 06:49 PM
Even assuming that this woman has a medical reason to consider herself male, it is still not legitimate for her to live as a man, and then get pregnant. The child she will be bearing isn't even biologically her own... she's using someone else's implanted egg.

If she has a legitimate reason to consider herself male, then she has to accept that she cannot bear a child. It is unfair on the child that she will give birth to.

Revinius
Apr 5th 2008, 03:37 AM
The whole things just selfish irresponsibility. But hey, thats creation after the fall.

th1bill
Apr 5th 2008, 05:05 PM
Wait, wait you all before making judgments here. There ARE people born with with this condition..its a medical condition that they have no control over. They can actually be tested medically and usually have a huge hormonal difference going on. I have watched some documentaries about this and read a little about it on the internet. Its a true biological condition. I am trying to find something on the internet that explains it simply....keep running into hard to understand stuff though. There are studies showing, for instance we have male and female brains..there is a difference. Oh I am not explaining this well at all...:(

I will keep looking...but just don't jump the gun yet on this ok? Not saying what she/he did is right...but don't just assume she has rebelled against what body God gave her. Remember we live in a sin fallen world...babies are born with terrible birth defects all the time and we wouldn't say God gave them a deformed or sick body filled with cancer to start with. Sin has affected everything.

God bless
There's no need to wait. This person's doctor has already been interviewed and told the truth, he is a she from birth.

Revinius
Apr 6th 2008, 03:50 AM
It would seem its a similar degradation to homosexuality.

Athanasius
Apr 6th 2008, 04:47 AM
They were talking about this tonight at work. It's almost an impossible conversation just to convince people the 'he' in question is and will always be a 'she'.

Revinius
Apr 6th 2008, 05:29 AM
They were talking about this tonight at work. It's almost an impossible conversation just to convince people the 'he' in question is and will always be a 'she'.

When most people consider themselves physicalists (the material is all there is) its hard to communicate anything. Ofcourse most people arent like this, but they think they are cos they think science is their answer to pretty much anything bar metaphysics.

daughter
Apr 6th 2008, 07:09 AM
Isn't it sad and interesting though, that "science", which supposedly leads you to look more carefully at the world and assess it realistically leads people to look at someone who is biologically a woman and say that she's a man... even when she's pregnant? It makes me think of the scripture about how our "wisdom" makes us fools.

The world is really wicked. It's sad.

So I take it that nobody has heard whether this was an April fools joke or not? It is true?

moonglow
Apr 6th 2008, 05:02 PM
I don't think its a joke...he was on Oprah on the third of April and they did an sonagram...I didn't see the show, just what I have read on the internet. ...and also not the first time this has happened from what I found on the net. In the 70's another trans sexual man gave birth to a baby...and I think there was another one too. Yes its unfair to the baby and is going to cause HUGE confusion when talking about his or her's birth...and how very different it will be from the birth stories of other babies for sure...:(
Most of those born with both sexes are unable to have children too by the way. For them the confusion comes when the parents have to decide what they want them to be...a boy or girl...if they choose wrong and the dr operate and removes that part...then they are truly stuck in a body that might not be right for them. They had a story about a young man on the news that was physically born with both sexes...the parents choose for him to be a girl...the doctor saying its how you are raised, not how you are born making the difference. So he told the parents if they raised this child as a girl...dressed the child in girl's clothes, gave the child girl toys, treated the child like a girl...the child would 'be' a girl. Sadly it didn't turn out that way. Which lead to horrible emotional problems for this child. Especially when 'she' reached prudity...they had to give her female hormones...injections all the time to try to force her body to become female. It did not work and caused terrible medical problems. This child was meant to be a boy...the doctors and parents had the wrong sexual organs removed. Later he went through surgeries to try to become physically the man he was meant to be...but his childhood so traumatized him he suffered from major depression and eventually killed himself. Finding out his parents lied to him to start with only added to the emotional injury. I just hope their baby doesn't have this from her taking hormones..though since it was planned I am sure the dr said to stop the hormones for a certain amount of time before hand.

God bless

Revinius
Apr 6th 2008, 05:17 PM
i just hope Jesus comes back soon, this world is getting worse and worse.

cnw
Apr 7th 2008, 06:18 PM
daughter it is true. this transgenders name was tracy and she was a model. I remember her from when I lived in HI and she was very beautiful. It was a media shock when she had a gender change. HI is a very gay state as the princess is a lesbian and refused to have a child so the bloodline of the royalty stopped. She is in her 60's now anyway.
I thought her egg was used and she had artificial insimination. I will have to read again. I know she has all her woanly parts on the inside, just not out.
cynth

daughter
Apr 7th 2008, 06:22 PM
Oh my, that is sad...

I've never heard of this princess?

cnw
Apr 7th 2008, 07:06 PM
the line of king kamaamaa-his daughter or grandaughter.

Ecumaniac
Apr 8th 2008, 12:25 PM
This thread on intersex conditions (http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?p=1487376&postcount=1) may be of interest, especially to anyone who thinks that sex is genetically pre-determined before birth. It also touches on transsexualism, although the issue is not explored very much.

threebigrocks
Apr 8th 2008, 01:49 PM
Isn't it sad and interesting though, that "science", which supposedly leads you to look more carefully at the world and assess it realistically leads people to look at someone who is biologically a woman and say that she's a man... even when she's pregnant? It makes me think of the scripture about how our "wisdom" makes us fools.

The world is really wicked. It's sad.

So I take it that nobody has heard whether this was an April fools joke or not? It is true?

We were talking about this around the house. No matter what - that "man" that is pregnant is no more a man than I am. If a person is pregnant they are a woman. Period. If she stopped taking horomones alltogether, forever, she would be a she "again". Exchanging that which is natural for that which is not - not a good thing. God will never see her as a he. He didn't make her that way.

harry
Apr 8th 2008, 02:33 PM
on a sidenote, i bring tidings of great joy :rolleyes: :

[just in case anyone doesn't know, big brother is a stupid reality show (on channel 4 in the uk) where `contestants` vie to win public approval - there's a web site at channel 4 but i wouldn't recommend it]
----------
Transsexual soldier to enter Big Brother house

By Lucy Cockcroft

Last Updated: 9:40am BST 08/04/2008

A former soldier who became the first Army officer to have full gender reassignment surgery has been lined up to appear as a contestant on Big Brother this summer...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/08/ntrans108.xml

Ecumaniac
Apr 8th 2008, 02:36 PM
Exchanging that which is natural for that which is not - not a good thing.

It is not universally true that "natural" is synonymous with "good", 3br. :)

threebigrocks
Apr 8th 2008, 03:41 PM
It is not universally true that "natural" is synonymous with "good", 3br. :)

How's that? With this topic, I see that it applies quite well.

Ecumaniac
Apr 8th 2008, 05:56 PM
How's that? With this topic, I see that it applies quite well.

"But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish." — 2 Peter 2:12In this passage, the phrase "creatures of instinct" is a translation of the Greek word "physikos," which is the same word usually translated as "natural" in Romans 1:26–27:

"…Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. […]"

Taken together, these verses imply that to Paul, the word "natural" is a neutral descriptive term rather than a value judgement, since behaving naturally is both condemned and esteemed by Paul as it suits God's purposes.

threebigrocks
Apr 8th 2008, 06:04 PM
Taken together, these verses imply that to Paul, the word "natural" is a neutral descriptive term rather than a value judgement, since behaving naturally is both condemned and esteemed by Paul as it suits God's purposes.

And, it is clear which is esteemed and which is condemned by the context of the scripture. When the natural is preverted, or when it's ruled by the flesh instead of by the Spirit it's condemned.

No matter how it's sliced, taking ones gender and making it unnatural is against what is esteemed by God. That would also include the Romans 1 passage.

Ecumaniac
Apr 8th 2008, 06:22 PM
And, it is clear which is esteemed and which is condemned by the context of the scripture. When the natural is preverted, or when it's ruled by the flesh instead of by the Spirit it's condemned.

"Natural" and "unnatural" are not value statements, and carry no intrinsic moral weight. I'm merely explaining that Christians should base their ethics on God's will, not nature. :)

threebigrocks
Apr 8th 2008, 06:29 PM
"Natural" and "unnatural" are not value statements, and carry no intrinsic moral weight. I'm merely explaining that Christians should base their ethics on God's will, not nature. :)

How else, aside from saying natural and unnatural, can we make a moral statement about sexuality? Homosexuality is unnatural, and the consequence is sinning against God because He sees going against the natural, as He created it, as an abomination. They may carry no moral weight but it does seem that those terms can establish a morality scripturally.

God's will is to abstain from homosexual relations because it's exchanging unnatural relations for that which is natural.

Ecumaniac
Apr 8th 2008, 07:20 PM
How else, aside from saying natural and unnatural, can we make a moral statement about sexuality?

We manage to say that theft, murder and adultery are wrong without saying that they're "unnatural," don't we?

Homosexuality is unnatural, and the consequence is sinning against God because He sees going against the natural, as He created it, as an abomination.

Lust is quite natural, yet we are called to strive against it. If someone becomes addicted to a drug, it is natural for them to seek more, but not correct. How can Paul be any more clear than he is in 2 Peter 2:12, where he directly speaks against following natural instincts?

Incidentally, the word "abomination" would be better approximated as "ritually unclean," certainly not "unnatural".

God's will is to abstain from homosexual relations because it's exchanging unnatural relations for that which is natural.

I'm not discussing the statement before the word "because," but the conclusion that follows it. Natural does not imply good. Unnatural does not imply bad. Paul was quite explicit about this, and I think we should be clear on it too.

Ta-An
Apr 8th 2008, 07:44 PM
Wait, wait you all before making judgments here. There ARE people born with with this condition..its a medical condition that they have no control over. They can actually be tested medically and usually have a huge hormonal difference going on. I have watched some documentaries about this and read a little about it on the internet. Its a true biological condition....... and the sins of the fathers will be visited on the children .....Ex 34:7 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=2&CHAP=34&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=7)......visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

G_d created male and female...... it is not his will for people to be trans gender..... if they do fall in that category,,,, I think the above mentioned verse might come into play

Ecumaniac
Apr 8th 2008, 07:53 PM
...... and the sins of the fathers will be visited on the children .....Ex 34:7 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=2&CHAP=34&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=7)......visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

G_d created male and female...... it is not his will for people to be trans gender..... if they do fall in that category,,,, I think the above mentioned verse might come into play

Well, that's an... Astonishing comment, to say the least. I, for one, wish the best of happiness to this couple's children.

daughter
Apr 8th 2008, 07:58 PM
I think he's saying that if you're transgender, it's because your parents are evil. It's not helpful... my husband was told that he had spina bifida because his mother was a "slut." She has been married to one man in her life, is completely chaste. But apparently she must have been unchaste because her mother was unmarried and left her in a hospital the day she was born...

You can imagine how this was received, and how much harder sharing the gospel became for those trying to reach her and her son.

I think "the sins of the fathers" being visited down are more to do with the inheritance of family problems. You know, like how an alcholics children have more problems than their peers? I don't think God smites you with tumours or transgender issues because your parents are sinners. We're all sinners after all.

I hope the little baby is protected and blessed in her life...

Ta-An
Apr 8th 2008, 08:01 PM
Well, that's an... Astonishing comment, to say the least. I, for one, wish the best of happiness to this couple's children.You misunderstood me...... :o
I wish no ill on these children :note:

I said....... when you find people that are 'homo~' or trans~gender..... that the reason can be that it is a sin that is visited upon them because of a sin that their forefathers committed...... I definately did not wish ill on these innocent to be born child :o

Ecumaniac
Apr 8th 2008, 08:17 PM
Ah, I see. That's rather less harsh. :)

However, I agree with daughter that this approach is unhelpful. Homosexual children are born to all sorts of parents, as are transgender children, and (at least, from data concerning homosexuality) there is good reason to believe that biology plays as much a part as upbringing.

Ta-An
Apr 8th 2008, 08:28 PM
Homosexual children are born to all sorts of parents, as are transgender children, Yes.... I agree
and (at least, from data concerning homosexuality) there is good reason to believe that biology plays as much a part as upbringing. Yes, I agree...... Biology part..... can be an inherited proble,,,,,,in the upbringing part...... definitely can have an effect.

This all being said: If people walk the way G_d has intended for us too, none of this will or would be a problem....:hmm: As parents we are immensely responsible for how our children turn out to be...... not solely but we play a part

Revinius
Apr 9th 2008, 01:28 AM
We manage to say that theft, murder and adultery are wrong without saying that they're "unnatural," don't we?

You need to define natural. If natural is as things were in the garden then no all the above is unnatural. However, if natural is a state of born existance then all of the above is natural and the term gets a little hazy.

Lust is quite natural, yet we are called to strive against it. If someone becomes addicted to a drug, it is natural for them to seek more, but not correct. How can Paul be any more clear than he is in 2 Peter 2:12, where he directly speaks against following natural instincts?

to say something is 'natural' and to say is 'natural instinct' may be two different terms as discussed above. A 'Natural instinct' in this context is clearly something of sin and corruption in our hearts after the fall.

Incidentally, the word "abomination" would be better approximated as "ritually unclean," certainly not "unnatural".

Agreed, thats the Biblical term.

cnw
Apr 9th 2008, 01:33 AM
I disagree. the sins of the gen are visited on the generations of the 3rd and 4th even in adopted children we see the sins if they are not confessed and torn down. We don't understand how strong generational sins are. Read the OT. This child will believe that all this junk is ok. but G-d is a G-d of hope and he alone can change the heart of this child and tear down the strongholds of these wicked parents.
wicked=anyone who lives in sin and unholiness.
May G-d raise up a child that will turn the hearts of the family to him and get the glory as he always does.

ProjectPeter
Apr 9th 2008, 02:14 PM
Can you provide a link to this? I have been reading different things on the internet about him/her and didn't see that...I did see a picture of her as a body builder and she looked like a man wearing a binki top...she didn't look female at all. You may be right on this but I am going to hold out on making any judgments until we know more.

Here is a link on the difference between an intersex person (which is someone born usually with either both male and female sexual organs or they aren't right in some way...or born with chromosomes messed up...and the difference between them and those that say they are transsexuals or transgender...it seems the confusion is they use these words interchangeable...while one is a true medical condition and the other may not be.

http://www.isna.org/faq/transgender
What's the difference between being transgender or transsexual and having an intersex condition?

Man's World, Woman's World? Brain Studies Point to Differences (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=990CE5D8163DF93BA15751C0A9639582 60&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all)
Several years ago, Dr. Witelson reported that women have a larger corpus callosum, the tangle of fibers that run down the center of the brain and enable the two hemispheres to communicate. In addition, she said, she found that a region in the right side of the brain that corresponds to the region women used in the reading study by the Shaywitzes was larger in women than in men.

Most recently, Dr. Witelson discovered, by painstakingly counting brain cells, that although men have larger brains than women, women have about 11 percent more neurons. These extra nerve cells are densely packed in two of the six layers of the cerebral cortex, the outer shell of the brain, in areas at the level of the temple, behind the eye. These are regions used for understanding language and for recognizing melodies and the tones in speech. Although the sample was small, five men and four women, "the results are very, very clear," Dr. Witelson said.

Going along with the studies of brain anatomy and activity are a large body of psychological studies showing that men and women have different mental abilities. Psychologists have consistently shown that men, on average, are slightly better than women at spatial tasks, like visualizing figures rotated in three dimensions, and women, on average, are slightly better at verbal tasks.

God bless
People magazing did an entire story on them. It is correct... she was a lesbian and had the sex change operation and all that so that she could legally marry her girlfriend. I read it the other day while doing laundry.

harry
Apr 12th 2008, 10:47 AM
Homosexual children are born to all sorts of parents, as are transgender children

i'm dubious about the notion of `homosexual children`.

there may be some kids who thru lack of clear instruction misguidly identify themselves with a deviant class or they may be corrupted into that lifestyle but AFAIK we all have a choice whether to behave that way.

i'm dubious about the transgender issue too.

Ecumaniac
Apr 13th 2008, 12:41 PM
i'm dubious about the notion of `homosexual children`.

You're right to be dubious, because the word "children" in this context was not quite the right one . I'm using it in the sense of offspring of any age, not necessarily minors. Sexual orientation, so far as I am aware, is not generally manifested until the onset of puberty, during which time it may be malleable to some extent.

there may be some kids who thru lack of clear instruction misguidly identify themselves with a deviant class or they may be corrupted into that lifestyle but AFAIK we all have a choice whether to behave that way.

Sexual orientation is not the same as sexual lifestyle. Orientation concerns one's innate attractions, whereas lifestyle is how you act. Nowhere in the Bible is orientation criticised — only actions.

i'm dubious about the transgender issue too.

I have insufficient data to comment definitively, but I suspect that any parent could have a child with a gender identity crisis. Interestingly, GID is often manifested before puberty; this changes the parameters somewhat, since gender reassignment is most successful if initiated before adolescence.