PDA

View Full Version : 10,000+ Dead

White Spider
May 5th 2008, 05:27 PM
Today a cyclone hit Burma and has killed more than 10,000 and without help many more will die.

Just the biggest hit in a while in what seems an ever-growing trend of natural disasters . . .

Is it just a bad 10 odd years we're going through or could these be 'the beginning of birth pains.' the Bible mentions?

David Taylor
May 5th 2008, 06:52 PM
Today a cyclone hit Burma and has killed more than 10,000 and without help many more will die.

Is it just a bad 10 odd years we're going through or could these be 'the beginning of birth pains.' the Bible mentions?

The Great Cyclone of 1780 killed over 25,000 people.
The Pointe--Pitre Cyclone of 1776 killed over 6,000.
The Newfoundland Cylcone of 1780 killed over 4,000.Do you think the people living during the late 16th century, who lived during the 10-year span of these great killer Cyclones, thought they were in 'the beginning of birth pains'?

Jesusinmyheart
May 5th 2008, 07:04 PM
While i believe these disasters to be a sign of the times, i don't believe that is what the birth pains are about. But rather i believe the birth pains has to do with an emergence of the true "church" A revival of sorts.

Shalom,
Tanja

MrAnteater
May 5th 2008, 07:09 PM
It's a terrible tragedy for sure. But there are a few things to remember:

- We live in an age of instant worldwide communication.
- There are countless news media outlets all competitive for ratings. What might seem like a rapid increase in disasters is also because so many more news outlets exist than 30 years ago and their all reporting the same things.
- We are at the highest worldwide population in history. When a disaster happens chances are more people will be affected.
- People have been incorrectly predicting the end times for hundreds of years
- Only God the father, not even Jesus, knows the time of His return.

Jesus could return tomorrow or in 500 years. It's going to happen so fast we won't have time to prepare worldly things for it and I think we are fooling ourselves if we think we somehow know God's plan. I live my life to love God and others and excessive worry won't change His plan at all. It will only make us get gray hair faster. :lol:

resbmc
May 5th 2008, 08:49 PM
I believe it is labor pains, all the hurricanes, tornadoes, cyclones, sunamis, earthquakes, it seems almost every week it is something, and if it is labor pains, they will only continue to get more devastating

TexasBeliever
May 5th 2008, 10:08 PM
Speaking of natural disaster run amuck: I was listening to the weather channel today about all the tornado outbreaks they've been having in the US and heard some startling statistics.
So far this year, there has been something like 386; just this year, and the previous 10 YEAR high was over 400. :eek: That is really a jump. Makes me terrified to think of hurricane season soon being upon my part of the planet.

Royalchild
May 5th 2008, 10:16 PM
I thought birthing pains is when Israel start to have many things to happen really fast like a woman having contractions until she gives birth:confused. Although, I know other parts of the world will go through catastrophes during these times. Besides the fact that Israel is going through issues with Iran and Syria right now and the US military is in the Persian Gulf gearing up for a potential war; what else is going on:hmm:? School me:lol:

White Spider
May 5th 2008, 10:29 PM
The Great Cyclone of 1780 killed over 25,000 people.
The Pointe--Pitre Cyclone of 1776 killed over 6,000.
The Newfoundland Cylcone of 1780 killed over 4,000.Do you think the people living during the late 16th century, who lived during the 10-year span of these great killer Cyclones, thought they were in 'the beginning of birth pains'?

Those don't even all add up to the one Tsunami South Asia had . . .

Since 2000 we've had the largest Tsunami ever recorded, the worst Hurricane the U.S. has ever seen in Katrina I believe, now this cyclone in Burma . . . Not to mention all the severe storms on the eastern side of the states this year.

I know the Hayward fault in California is due for a big one. On average every 140 years it has 7.0+ quake, and 2008 is its 140 year anniversary so I imagine that will go soon. And when it goes it's only a little while until the connected fault lines shift from the pressure put on them after the Hayward fault moves.

The Cascadia fault off the Northwestern coast could possibly go off. Scientists have no way of telling when and there is no real pattern, but they say it's the same type of fault that caused the South Asia Tsunami and its gone of 4 times in the past. None while we've occupied the States, but there is evidence showing it's gone off 4 times most recently in 1700. And with the population along the coast now it will cause major damage.

I believe we may just be going through a phase the world hits every once in a while, but with everything else going on as far as politics, economics, world relations etc. it seems to all add up.

And MrAnteater . . . none of it worries me. The possibility of seeing Christ's return excites :pp me. If I have to deal with the worst problems the worlds ever seen, oh well . . . doesn't worry me one bit :bounce:

White Spider
May 5th 2008, 10:36 PM
Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains. - Matthew 24:4-8

White Spider
May 5th 2008, 10:58 PM
I thought birthing pains is when Israel start to have many things to happen really fast like a woman having contractions until she gives birth:confused. Although, I know other parts of the world will go through catastrophes during these times. Besides the fact that Israel is going through issues with Iran and Syria right now and the US military is in the Persian Gulf gearing up for a potential war; what else is going on:hmm:? School me:lol:

:hmm: What else is going on, let's see . . . there's the rare rapid spread of hand-foot-mouth disease in China that's affected 8,500+ kids and killed 24.

Mainly in one province its popped up in a dozen others including Beijing, that's something to keep an eye on.

Then he said to them: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

Then there's global food crisis.

From CNN.com

Top Stories
Thousands join Somali food price riots
Thailand pitches for creation of rice cartel
Japan, EU urge action on food and fuel prices
Wal-Mart limits rice purchases
Worker turns into beggar (2:19)
Displaced farmers add to food woes
UK's Brown: Food crisis is new credit crunch
Food crisis in India? (3:44)
Blog: Rationing in the United States?
Charities call for food donations (3:56)
More demand, fewer supplies, for food (3:47)
Protests raise fears of food crisis
Workers protest food prices (2:44)
Food prices hurt Holy Week (:50)
U.N. chief pushes for more food production
Asia faces a rice supply crisis
Super spud steps forward to save planet
Egypt tries to tackle deadly bread crisis
Economic woes hit American stomachs
New British biofuels rule sparks food debate
U.N. food agency seeks more aid for Haiti
Brazil leader denies biofuels hiking food prices
Haiti prime minister ousted over high food prices
Instability spreads as food prices skyrocket
U.S. to give $200M in emergency food aid
Egyptians can't afford daily bread
Staples become luxuries as costs rise in Middle East

Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!" - Revelation 6:6

lynngehringer
May 5th 2008, 11:24 PM
I do believe we are in the EndTimes, but these times are in God's Time, and I do not think he wears a watch nor looks at a calendar, so what we think could be quick in 5 years, could be quick to Him in 500.

We will never know, so we should look towards the future but remember we are only promised the moment.

The only thing you take with you when you go is the love you have given and the love you have received.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o29/lynngehringer/john15_121.jpg

Lynn

"Whatever you did to the least of me, you did to Me."
Matthew 25:40

wombat
May 6th 2008, 03:26 AM
Hi! I do believe that the intensified occurrence of natural disasters is a sign of Christ's return, along with war, famine, false "Messiahs", and persecution of believers in Jesus. In Mark 13:5-13 Jesus spoke of people claiming to be the Messiah, wars breaking out near and far, earthquakes in many parts of the world, and famines. He said all this would be merely the beginning of the horrors to come, and when these things "begin to happen", watch out, for intense persecution will soon follow. I find it very interesting that the world is facing global food shortages right now, even in America. There has also been an incredible number of earthquakes around the world within the last year or two. Oregon has been having earthquake swarms off the coast. Now Reno, Nevada, has just been also facing swarms of earthquakes, a very strange thing. It seems like almost everyday I'm reading about earthquakes in many parts of the world. On top of that, there are the other natural disasters, such as the cyclones/hurricanes/tornadoes/floods. For those happening here in the U.S., I suspect very strongly that the Lord is sending these things to us as a warning and judgment for our part in attempting to prod Israel into giving away God's land to the Palestinians, as well as a warning and judgment for our increasing tolerance for immorality. If these are indeed the beginnings of the "horrors to come" around the world, like I believe they are, then we can soon expect the intense persecution of believers to start, too.

wombat
May 6th 2008, 04:32 AM
Jesus spoke of intensifying wars, earthquakes, famines, and false Messiahs as the beginning of birth pangs that will precede His coming. But there is also a reference to birthpangs specifically related to Jerusalem. Isaiah 66:7-9 speaks of birth pangs in the context that the nation of Israel would be born suddenly, in a single day, before Jerusalem's birth pangs begin. In 1948 Israel did become a nation in a single day, and I think this reference indicates that now there will be "birth pangs" related to events surrounding Jerusalem. Perhaps that is what we are seeing right now with the planned division of Jerusalem. Besides the issue of a possible division of Jerusalem, the Palestinian/Israeli on-again-off-again peace treaty, terrorism against Israel, and Iran's threats to wipe Israel off the face of the earth, Israel is also facing a drought that is leaving their water supply in record low levels. There are many Bible prophecies that speak about Israel facing drought and crop failures in the end times, including references in Isaiah 5, Revelation 11:6, and Jeremiah 14.

White Spider
May 6th 2008, 05:19 AM
So it seems most of us have noticed the unusual weather round the world, those in America have really noticed some strange things.

Just saw on the news a lot of schools are having financial difficulty with the food prices rising so much.

And here in California a large amount of vineyards are expected to have a small harvest cause we had a late April frost. Major business out here.

Those earthquakes off the cost of Oregon worry me. That's where the Cascadia Fault line is and if it gets to a point where it's really stuck and does what they call a MEGA THRUST EARTHQUAKE it will cause a Tsunami they say would be really similar to the South Asia one. It runs from Oregon up the coast to British Colombia.

Slightly new topic since we seem to agree it's not just a phase the earth is passing through.

What do you all think the severe persecution will come from? The U.S.? Foreign countries? Both?

White Spider
May 6th 2008, 05:24 AM
:o From Audacity of Hope: I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction. :eek:

Direct quote from Obama himself.

White Spider
May 6th 2008, 01:58 PM
Death Toll: 22,000+

Missing: 41,000

Left Homeless: 1,000,000

Those are the newest numbers I just saw on the cyclone . . .

wombat
May 6th 2008, 02:22 PM
What do you all think the severe persecution will come from? The U.S.? Foreign countries? Both?
Hi, White Spider! I suspect the persecutions will come from many different directions. In the U.S. we're currently seeing an increasing tolerance for immorality and an increasing lack of tolerance for Christian beliefs. It seems like our government is constantly wiping away all traces of our Christian heritage, any reference to Jesus in Christmas, any reference to the Bible or the Ten Commandments in our courts/legislatures, etc. It may be that as we lose more and more of our freedom to express our belief in Jesus and to speak out against immorality, it may become a crime to do so. Many foreign countries already persecute believers with imprisonment, torture, and death, but I suspect that this too will be increased. It appears that the antiChrist will have much to do with instigating intense persecution, for Daniel 7:25 and Revelation 13:6-7 speak of the antiChrist speaking out against God and wearing down the saints. But also there is apparently going to be persecution from Mystery Babylon. Revelation 17:6 and 18:24 speak of Mystery Babylon martyring the saints. I have a suspicion that Mystery Babylon could be the U.S. or the EU--just a theory at this point, but whether or not that theory plays out in the end, the Gospels say that Christians will be hated by all nations because of our allegiance to Jesus (Matthew 24:9, Mark 13:13, Luke 21:17). I believe that the U.S. will be included in that "all nations".

Royalchild
May 6th 2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the help guys;)

Royalchild
May 6th 2008, 07:34 PM
:o From Audacity of Hope: I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction. :eek:

Direct quote from Obama himself.Oh my:eek:!! "HUMMMM"

White Spider
May 6th 2008, 07:41 PM
Well just to keep everyone updated I think anyone who notices something significant as far as global weather should post it here if they want to instead of starting a whole new thread. And I know I don't often post anything at all about some issues cause I know they are mostly just something to read and not really anything to start a thread over, but I think if you want to put that stuff here that would be cool. Keep us all informed. Especially those of you not in the States because I know we don't hear a lot of stuff going on around the world.

I'll start with letting you all know I saw that thousands were and are still being evacuated in the areas surrounding a volcano in Chile that's letting off a lot of smoke and ash. They say it's the first time in 9,500 years since it's gone off . . . :hmm: and if my math is right that means it's really the first time it's gone off ;)

jedi_knight01
May 6th 2008, 09:29 PM
Has anyone noticed, that anyting to do with GOD is being removed from schools, government building, airports and such? Have you alos noticed that Christmas as of late is being attacked as well.. In some airports you can't have a xmass tre, but if you muslim you can have what ever it is that they display for the holiday...

White Spider
May 6th 2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah I've noticed all that. It's quite ridiculous I think but I understand it must happen for the end times. Although I still say Merry Christmas to everyone everywhere. I used to just say Merry Christmas, but I think I'm adding Christ is Born after it this year. Merry Christmas, Christ is Born! I will never say Happy Holidays. If saying Mery Christmas offends people oh well, Happy Holidays offends me so we're even. :spin:

You can get expelled for bringing up God in a class discussion, but talking about Muhammad and Buddha etc. and such is alright. And when they took the pledge out of schools because it had the the phrase 'One Nation Under God' in it, that right there is a sign of the times. Though you still see people going around with God Bless America signs. Should be God Fix America if you ask me.

Royalchild
May 7th 2008, 05:19 PM
A 6.8 magnitude earthquake just struck in Japan. One hundred miles from Tokyo.

Royalchild
May 7th 2008, 05:55 PM
It is being said that the death toll from the cyclone may climb to 100,000:cry::pray: and that 95% of the buildings there have been affected by the storm:(.

teddyv
May 7th 2008, 07:39 PM
I was reading in our local paper that this disaster could possibly result in the betterment of the country since the ruling military junta has no means of helping it's people (they generally never cared either way). The military have apparently requested aid from the rest of the world. This may offer a crack into an exceptionally insulated country.

White Spider
May 7th 2008, 08:04 PM
I was reading in our local paper that this disaster could possibly result in the betterment of the country since the ruling military junta has no means of helping it's people (they generally never cared either way). The military have apparently requested aid from the rest of the world. This may offer a crack into an exceptionally insulated country.

Well as far as I know they haven't asked for the help yet, but if they have that's good. They're saying most places will run out of food without outside help in the next couple days and the rebuilding process will take forever, so they definitely need the help.

teddyv
May 7th 2008, 08:11 PM
Well as far as I know they haven't asked for the help yet, but if they have that's good. They're saying most places will run out of food without outside help in the next couple days and the rebuilding process will take forever, so they definitely need the help.

I certainly hope they open up a bit. WorldVision has ads out for donation towards the country.

White Spider
May 7th 2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I know there are a lot of help aid orginizations set up in Thailand waiting for when they do ask for help if they ask.

So we can pray they ask for the help, it's there for them. :pray:

White Spider
May 7th 2008, 08:17 PM
Down major today, though it's had several days like this this year and always seems to bounce back as soon as the Fed drops the interest rate. I'm just wondering how much can they drop it?

DOW :thumbsdn: 206.48
NASDAQ :thumbsdn: 44.82
S&P 500 :thumbsdn: 25.69

A 6.8 magnitude earthquake just struck in Japan. One hundred miles from Tokyo.

It is being said that the death toll from the cyclone may climb to 100,000:cry::pray: and that 95% of the buildings there have been affected by the storm:(.

teddyv
May 7th 2008, 10:02 PM
Down major today, though it's had several days like this this year and always seems to bounce back as soon as the Fed drops the interest rate. I'm just wondering how much can they drop it?

They can drop it to 0, then that's it.:)

jedi_knight01
May 8th 2008, 01:47 AM
If the UN really wants to help it can use some of the money it is getting to rebuild it building for the people effected by the cyclone..

Ekeak
May 8th 2008, 02:23 AM
Now the death mark's over 20k, God Bless Malaysia (I am right on where it was, no?) Seriously, the Government needs to take Action.

White Spider
May 8th 2008, 02:27 AM
They can drop it to 0, then that's it.:)

I'll try to find out, but do you know what it's at?

ilovemetal
May 8th 2008, 03:04 AM
They say it's the first time in 9,500 years since it's gone off . . . :hmm: and if my math is right that means it's really the first time it's gone off ;)

haha i was thinking that while i was reading. then you worte it. so rad.

teddyv
May 8th 2008, 02:45 PM
I'll try to find out, but do you know what it's at?
A link I found indicates it's at 2 percent. Typically they drop 0.25 to 0.5% on cuts, so they have anywhere from 4 to 8 "bullets" left.

Anyway, this is way off the OP.:)

White Spider
May 8th 2008, 05:41 PM
A link I found indicates it's at 2 percent. Typically they drop 0.25 to 0.5% on cuts, so they have anywhere from 4 to 8 "bullets" left.

Anyway, this is way off the OP.:)

With my math that'd be about 4-6 months before the market is unfixable . . . as they seem to drop it every week or two. A month at the best. Best case scenario 8 months I guess, but we're in for it either way if you ask me.

Off Topic: My thread, I'll allow it ;)

Besides the OP was just kinda to let people know what happened. Kinda just want to turn this into a thread to post daily News in.

Like today :eek: Lebanon is on the verge of a Civil War . . . gunfire and grenades going off in the streets between two groups, I believe they said it was the Sunni and Shi'ites going at it, but the government is in the middle trying to calm the situation down. Although they also made it sound like it's Hezbollah and the government going at it so I was a little confused. Either way Civil War there would be bad.

If you want to go back to the OP and Myanmar they are letting in aid now, or I should say they are accepting the food the aid has, but the government is still doing all the work.

teddyv
May 8th 2008, 07:25 PM
With my math that'd be about 4-6 months before the market is unfixable . . . as they seem to drop it every week or two. A month at the best. Best case scenario 8 months I guess, but we're in for it either way if you ask me.

My investment advisor and mortgage broker both anticipate a bottoming out this summer though I am in Canada and our economy is weathering the US downturn fairly well. I believe this may be the general sense to the US market as well. But you never know. As is said, put two economists in a room together and you get three conclusions. [/quote]

Off Topic: My thread, I'll allow it ;)

Besides the OP was just kinda to let people know what happened. Kinda just want to turn this into a thread to post daily News in.

OK, cool.

White Spider
May 9th 2008, 02:02 AM
WOW!

Any of you see the size of the sink hole in Texas, it's large enough to swallow a neighborhood. Look up the video on CNN or something. It's incredible.

And on a side note crop circles . . . They're pretty cool too . . . takes a lot of work to make good ones . . . saw a video of a new one in Tennessee . . . crazy people think it's not man made . . . right! :rolleyes: :rofl:

torazon
May 9th 2008, 02:11 AM
None of us have any control over these things and should not live in fear. I admit I look at the sky every day and hope for Jesus to return soon. However I don't stop living while waiting for him.

My heart does go out to those affected by this tragedy.

White Spider
May 9th 2008, 02:55 AM
I don't know if you were talking to me, but I certainly don't live in fear. Read my post in (The timing of the Rapture is not confusing folks!)

torazon
May 9th 2008, 05:35 AM
I don't know if you were talking to me, but I certainly don't live in fear. Read my post in (The timing of the Rapture is not confusing folks!)

Certainly not, just speaking in general terms. :)

coolhandluke
May 9th 2008, 11:01 AM
The Death Toll is likely to double the Tsunami in 2004
here is the link:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1143691.ece

White Spider
May 9th 2008, 01:32 PM
Wow, that link was good . . . I hate to think that 450,000+ people will die because of the government over there.

Now why the heck don't we go in and take over their country and spread a little democracy while saving 450,000+ lives. We go into Iraq for no good reason and yet we sit around hoping the government over there lets us in. Screw the government there, we need to go in and do something and if that means killing 5,000 government officials and there soldiers it's a small price to pay for the 450,000+ lives that will be saved.

White Spider
May 9th 2008, 01:39 PM
There are 28 confirmed tornado touch downs for Thursday alone. More storms for today with one tornado confirmed already early today. Tomorrow the storms are suppose to continue.

Boy California rocks, I'll take an earthquake any day over those tornado storms which seem to be happening once a week or two.

moonglow
May 9th 2008, 02:06 PM
:hmm: What else is going on, let's see . . . there's the rare rapid spread of hand-foot-mouth disease in China that's affected 8,500+ kids and killed 24.

Mainly in one province its popped up in a dozen others including Beijing, that's something to keep an eye on.

Then he said to them: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

Then there's global food crisis.

From CNN.com

Top Stories
Thousands join Somali food price riots
Thailand pitches for creation of rice cartel
Japan, EU urge action on food and fuel prices
Wal-Mart limits rice purchases
Worker turns into beggar (2:19)
Displaced farmers add to food woes
UK's Brown: Food crisis is new credit crunch
Food crisis in India? (3:44)
Blog: Rationing in the United States?
Charities call for food donations (3:56)
More demand, fewer supplies, for food (3:47)
Protests raise fears of food crisis
Workers protest food prices (2:44)
Food prices hurt Holy Week (:50)
U.N. chief pushes for more food production
Asia faces a rice supply crisis
Super spud steps forward to save planet
Egypt tries to tackle deadly bread crisis
Economic woes hit American stomachs
New British biofuels rule sparks food debate
U.N. food agency seeks more aid for Haiti
Brazil leader denies biofuels hiking food prices
Haiti prime minister ousted over high food prices
Instability spreads as food prices skyrocket
U.S. to give $200M in emergency food aid
Egyptians can't afford daily bread
Staples become luxuries as costs rise in Middle East

Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!" - Revelation 6:6

I happen to agree with David Taylor on this....if you all would just check history...worse things have happened:

The Black Plague killed more..more then we have seen since.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death
The Black Death, or the Black Plague, was one of the deadliest pandemics in human history, widely thought to have been caused by a bacterium named Yersinia pestis (Bubonic plague),[1] but recently sometimes attributed to other diseases.

It probably began in Central Asia[2] and spread to Europe by the late 1340s.[3] The total number of deaths worldwide from the pandemic is estimated at 75 million people;[4] there were an estimated 25-50 million deaths in Europe.[5][6][7] The Black Death is estimated to have killed 30% to 60% of Europe's population.[8][9][10] It may have reduced the world's population from an estimated 450 million to between 350 and 375 million in 1400.[11]

World War II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II)
Over 60 million people, the majority of them civilians, were killed, making it the deadliest conflict in human history.[2] The financial cost of the war is estimated at about a trillion 1944 U.S. dollars worldwide,[3][4] making it the most costly war in capital as well as lives

10 'Worst' Natural Disasters (http://www.eas.slu.edu/hazards.html)
4. The most devastating earthquake in modern times was the famous 1976 Tangshan magnitude 8 event in China, whose toll varies between the official 255,000, and a possible 655,000. This event truly began the modern era of intense seismic hazard monitoring in China and the West. Little is known of an earlier lethal earthquake that struck the Chinese city of Shaanzi in 1556. No magnitudes are quoted, and of course no recordings exist, but it is said to have taken the lives of 830,000 people.

5. This choice again highlights volcano-related disasters. Should I choose the Tambora, Indonesia volcano of 1815, in which 80,000 people died of the subsequent famine, or the famous Krakatoa explosion, again in Indonesia, in 1883 in which more than 50,000 people perished, many of them like Sumatra engulfed in a tsunami?

7. The event in 1737 that may have killed some 300,000 people around Calcutta, India, is now ascribed to a typhoon (the Asian equivalent of a hurricane) combined with massive flooding. Originally thought to be an earthquake, this is unlikely from a tectonics point of view - the major Himalayan seismicity is well to the north. This could be the most catastrophic atmospheric event ever recorded in terms of casualties

To truly get a balanced view of these things a person really needs to look beyond their own lifetime and look back into the past..remember God sees the past..and the present and the future. We can only see the present and the past, but it seems everyone only look to what is currently happening which gives a distorted view of things. You "THINK" things are worse by comparing it to what? With no compassions to go by you are only guessing about it.

In reality LESS people die now due to illnesses or natural disasters because we have better medical care and those areas prone to earthquakes, flooding, etc, have built better buildings. Where we hear of huge amounts in the death tolls they are areas where they are extremely poor and many times oppressed by their governments. The government doesn't care about the people..:( These third world countries also tend to be located in areas that get hit by natural disaster alot.

I am old enough to remember the BIG earthquake in California and seeing cars smashed between highways and hearing the horror stories on the news of them trying to get to these people. One person had to have their leg cut off with nothing for pain in order to get them out...otherwise that person would have died. People then thought the birth pangs were happening. I remember the Chernobyl nuclear (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster) accident and how scared everyone was...calling it 'woodworm' from Revelations. I have seen towns wiped off the map due to tornado's or hurricanes or whatever. It was happening before I was born...hundreds of years before I was born and will still be happening long after I am gone.

Just please get a balanced view on things. Don't just say, 'things are getting worse' with no proof it is in any area mentioned on this thread. Sadly there are people who will read this kind of stuff and go into a complete panic. I have seen it happen on here more then once. They really freak out! Thinking the end is upon us and horrible things will happen and they really do panic.

God bless

White Spider
May 9th 2008, 02:49 PM
I know about the past . . . I know there's been much worse . . .

You forgot the untold number of indigenous people the colonists wiped out in 100 years. You think Hitler was bad look into that.

I'm not saying this is the worst it's ever been, but it's bad and not getting better.

So I am watching as the Bible asks ;)

White Spider
May 9th 2008, 03:01 PM
Sadly there are people who will read this kind of stuff and go into a complete panic. I have seen it happen on here more then once. They really freak out! Thinking the end is upon us and horrible things will happen and they really do panic.

God bless

That is SAD! We are told to delight in Christ's return, and hasten it's arrival. If they are ready for Christ's return there should be no worry. I personally delight in the thought of the end upon us. I don't fear the pain I may face. I deserve to rot in hell and 7 years of earthly pains no matter how great won't bother me a bit for I know I will be in heaven afterwards. I'm not going to stop saying the end is upon us because some people on the board want to hold onto there wicked earthly ways. I see the ones panicking as Lot's wife looking back at Sodom and Gomorra. Me I'm full steam ahead towards heaven and if I have to face some hard times to get there, bring em on, I'm ready. :cool:

moonglow
May 9th 2008, 03:02 PM
I know about the past . . . I know there's been much worse . . .

You forgot the untold number of indigenous people the colonists wiped out in 100 years. You think Hitler was bad look into that.

I'm not saying this is the worst it's ever been, but it's bad and not getting better.

So I am watching as the Bible asks ;)

It won't ever be better, until Jesus returns.

Nations have always been rising against nations, plagues have always been happening along with earthquakes...that is the thing...so maybe since He told the disciples to watch for those things He was talking about something more current for their time?

God bless

White Spider
May 9th 2008, 03:07 PM
Read my latest post in 'question about the AC'

White Spider
May 9th 2008, 03:18 PM
So far this year we've had 814 tornados.

Don't know how to put the graphs up here so check these links . . .

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/wcm/torgraph-big.png

Then check this one and look at the 800 line. Note this graph is of the last 30 years and is tornado counts for entire years. We're only in May. So when you look at the 800 line know that we've had less than half a year go by and there number could likely double.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/publications/mccarthy/tor30yrs.pdf

moonglow
May 9th 2008, 03:21 PM
Ok...just wanted to post this link for those reading that shows how in years past people were fearful of other disasters that never happened...like right now everyone is worried about global warming..in the past the SAME alerts were given over climate cooling in 1978...the 'act now before its too late' type of things we are seeing on the media: http://www.crichton-official.com/speech-complexity.html

There is a link to his video speech too for those that don't have time to read this long article. Basically he explains how fear of something happening controls people and how most of those fears that 'something' will happen, don't happen. All my life I have watched the news watching for 'signs' of Jesus return...yet the bible never suggest we sit on the edge of our seats watching the media for these signs. All I ever heard was this current event will bring in the antichrist, or these disaster means more will happen, or things are about to get very ugly in some area or another and that 'any minute now' we will all be heavily persecuted for our faith and rounded up and killed. Yet when I started to study history, things were actually so much worse in the past! The bible tells us Christ will put all His enemies under His feet...how can this be done if everyone goes against Christ? If things are going to get worse?

Do we have a bible contradiction here or what?

1 Corinthians 15:25
For Christ must reign until he humbles all his enemies beneath his feet.

God bless

White Spider
May 9th 2008, 03:27 PM
1 Corinthians 15:25 - For Christ must reign until he humbles all his enemies beneath his feet.

God bless

But before all this, they will lay hands on you and persecute you. They will deliver you to synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name. - Luke 21:12 ;)

I love Bible verse wars. :saint:

moonglow
May 9th 2008, 03:33 PM
So far this year we've had 814 tornados.

Don't know how to put the graphs up here so check these links . . .

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/wcm/torgraph-big.png

Then check this one and look at the 800 line. Note this graph is of the last 30 years and is tornado counts for entire years. We're only in May. So when you look at the 800 line know that we've had less than half a year go by and there number could likely double.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/publications/mccarthy/tor30yrs.pdf

Looks like there was 1264 tornado's in 2005 and quite a bit less in 2007, 1085...that graph is hard to read and it doesn't show what the colored lines mean in it. Of course there are alot in May..May and June are the most active times for thunderstorms but once the heat sets in there are alot less.

From the second link: Dr. Stanley Changnon has done extensive work in climatological studies that included tornado frequency. He studied these frequencies using tornado statistics across the Illinois using data from storms that occurred between 1916 and 1980. One of the conclusions from their studies was that only half of all tornadoes are reported and that half of those that were reported were not really tornadoes!

So how can they go on to say their has been an increase of them, is beyond me when they know the data is not accurate to start with.

God bless

White Spider
May 9th 2008, 03:41 PM
Which one did you have trouble reading? They both seem to tell you what you need to know. The colored lines are different years and it says at the top of the graph.

Half are not reported, half that are aren't actual tornados. Evens out to a pretty accurate count then if you ask me. :D

moonglow
May 9th 2008, 03:43 PM
But before all this, they will lay hands on you and persecute you. They will deliver you to synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name. - Luke 21:12 ;)

I love Bible verse wars. :saint:

And that verse happened! Who was Jesus talking too in that passage? To the disciples...and every single one of them except John, was killed. (though they did try to kill John) Are we really going to be taken to Jewish synagogues? Did Jesus say this would happen to all believers? No, He was talking to HIS disciples. And it DID happen.

Why would you like war verses?

God bless

moonglow
May 9th 2008, 03:59 PM
http://sky-fire.tv/index.cgi/tornadoes.html#numberincrease

Is the number of tornadoes increasing?
No, but the statistics are going up. In the 1950s there were 4,793 tornadoes reported in the United States. In the 1980s, there were 8194. Climate change? No. More people now live in or travel through the most tornado prone parts of the nation. There are now vastly better means of communications and the reporting of severe weather (if you see a twister, call 911,if you can do so safely).

Are tornado fatalities increasing?
No, in fact there has been a long term downward trend in tornado deaths in the U.S., in spite of a steadily increasing population. In 1993, a then record number of 957 severe thunderstorm and tornado watches were issued by the National Severe Storms Forecast Center (now named the Storm Prediction Center). The 1993 death toll from severe thunderstorms and tornadoes dropped to 33, well below the 30-year average of 82 fatalities. In the pre-forecast days in the 1930s, tornadoes alone killed almost 200 people each year.

God bless

White Spider
May 9th 2008, 04:02 PM
So you don't believe we will be persecuted in the End Times? It's going to get better, not worse? Or do I misunderstand your view?

He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. - Revelation 13:7

Has this happened?

He who has an ear, let him hear. If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed. This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints. - Revelation 13:9-10

I don't see it getting better . . .

I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues—last, because with them God's wrath is completed. - Revelation 15:1

Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, "Go, pour out the seven bowls of God's wrath on the earth." - Revelation 16:1

Bible verse wars are fun because you learn a lot from them. As long as you aren't stubborn and willing to change your mind you can learn a lot more from them than just Bible Study I feel. :)

White Spider
May 9th 2008, 10:26 PM
It is now estimated 100,000+ are dead from the typhoon that struck Burma, but they have allowed some aid in. The U.S. will be allowed to fly a C-130 plane into the country with aid on Monday. It is unknown if anyone will be able to do anymore than drop materials off though and Monday is more than 30 hours away there.

How many will die in that time?

How many will be too sick for aid to help by that time?

Will the food get to those who need it?

Despite aid getting in it is still a growing catastrophe.

tango
May 9th 2008, 11:28 PM
I saw a site recently that noted the geographic locations of recent geology-related crises. It looked at the cyclone in Burma and the volcanic eruption in Chile, and one other thing I forget. Then it mapped where they were on the globe, and pointed out you could pretty much join them up with perpendicular lines. The fourth point, should the theory hold, would be somewhere around the US.

I'll see if I can dig out the original article, it registered enough to make me think "hmmmm".

White Spider
May 12th 2008, 05:28 AM
How do you like the EF-4 Tornado a mile wide at times and the others that played around in the Southwest?

Oh and the fire in Florida . . . they say conditions are similar to the 1998 conditions and you may remember how that ended.

Though to check what I feel is happening, which is an increase in world catastrophe, I'm gonna do a little study in my spare time. (might take a while)

It's gonna include all sorts of different weather and damages. I'm gonna go by decades and work my way back to 1900 . . . and earlier as best as possible. So if you know of anything note worthy in any time period in the last hundred to 200 years I'd appreciate the help. :)

Royalchild
May 12th 2008, 11:39 AM
A powerful 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit China overnight, trapping 900 students under rubble. The quake reportedly killed 107 people so far. It could be felt as far away as Pakistan Thailand. :pray:

wombat
May 12th 2008, 02:02 PM
I'm gonna do a little study in my spare time. (might take a while)

It's gonna include all sorts of different weather and damages. I'm gonna go by decades and work my way back to 1900 . . . and earlier as best as possible. So if you know of anything note worthy in any time period in the last hundred to 200 years I'd appreciate the help. :)
Hi, White Spider! I'll be eager to hear what your research turns up! Here is an article to check out to help. It is "2007 a Year of Weather Records in U.S." by Seth Borenstein, dated December 29, 2007. I'll see what else I can dig up for you too.

moonglow
May 12th 2008, 03:37 PM
How do you like the EF-4 Tornado a mile wide at times and the others that played around in the Southwest?

Oh and the fire in Florida . . . they say conditions are similar to the 1998 conditions and you may remember how that ended.

Though to check what I feel is happening, which is an increase in world catastrophe, I'm gonna do a little study in my spare time. (might take a while)

The problem is they didn't keep good records on alot of this going back that far..that is why its confusing figuring out if there really has been an increase in these things or not...I doubt you will find too many records back in the 1900 of tornadoes, etc. They didn't have the instant communication we have now and didn't do the record keeping either. You will probably find a few reports but that won't mean they had fewer tornadoes then.

That is the size of tornado that wiped out Greensburg here in Kansas last year. Do realize this isn't the first tornado that big by any means.

Actually no I don't remember how that ended...:confused the fact they had one then shows though this isn't a new thing this time.

God bless

Royalchild
May 12th 2008, 04:39 PM
A powerful 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit China overnight, trapping 900 students under rubble. The quake reportedly killed 107 people so far. It could be felt as far away as Pakistan Thailand. :pray:
Now the death toll is over 9000:o.

White Spider
May 12th 2008, 05:11 PM
I see you already have the earthquake news here Royalchild.

There is also flooding in Delaware . . .

And for moonglow, my biggest critic :)

The problem is they didn't keep good records on alot of this going back that far..that is why its confusing figuring out if there really has been an increase in these things or not

That's why I will be doing a very thorough study. Also I'm not so much interested in just a simple increase, but an increase of "severe" damaging weather like EF-3s to EF-5s . . . and yes I know this EF-4 is not the first in recent history. Doesn't change the fact it is a significant tornado.

Actually no I don't remember how that ended...:confused the fact they had one then shows though this isn't a new thing this time.

Over 250,000 acres in total burned . . . and I didn't say it was the first time, but they like the So Cal fires are devastating and are happening more frequently . . . at least as far as I know, my study should clear that all up.

moonglow
May 12th 2008, 05:38 PM
Whitespider...I am not a critic of you personally...I mean I barely know you! And only through here...its the viewpoint that bothers me and how its phrased..is all.

When you say things in this manner:

It makes it appear as if we never had one that big before.

I guess what bothers me is the overly dramatic tone of this whole thread and how morbid it is...I mean we are discussing death tolls as if we were talking about nothing more then the price of tomatoes! That bothers me...I am sitting here watching CNN about the death tolls on these tornadoes and the earthquake and seeing these people crying and hurt and here we are discussing how bad it is! Of course its bad! When these things happen they are always bad and horrible..we need to remember we are talking about human beings here and not just numbers and keep it balanced...that is all I asking. I just want to see things given with a balance view is all. That is the only thing I have a problem with. This narrow view point of only looking at the present causes the information to be distorted is all. So I am glad you are going to do this search but I don't think you understood what I said...how matter how thorough your study is if the records aren't there, you find them.

The oldest tornado ever recorded was in 1884:
U.S. Tornado Climatology (http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/severeweather/tornadoes.html)
One of the main difficulties with tornado records is that a tornado, or evidence of a tornado must have been observed. Unlike rainfall or temperature, which may be measured by a fixed instrument, tornadoes are ephemeral and very unpredictable. If a tornado occurs in a place with few or no people, it is not likely to be documented. Unfortunately, much of what we know as tornado alley was very sparsely populated until the 20th century, and so it is possible that many significant tornadoes may never have made it into the historical record.

Much early work on tornado climatology in the U.S. was done by John Park Finley in his book Tornadoes, published in 1887. While some of Finley's safety guidelines have since been refuted as dangerous practices, the book itself remains a seminal work in tornado research. The University of Oklahoma has created a pdf copy of the entire book and made it accessible at: John Finley's 'Tornadoes'

Today, nearly all of the United States is reasonably well populated, or at least covered by NOAA's Doppler weather radars. Even if a tornado is not actually observed, modern damage assessments by NWS personnel can discern if a tornado caused the damage, and if so, how strong the tornado may have been. This disparity between tornado records of the past and current records contributes a great deal of uncertainty regarding questions about the long-term behavior or patterns of tornado occurrence. In addition, even today many smaller tornadoes still may go undocumented in places with low populations or inconsistent communication facilities.

With increased national doppler radar coverage, increasing population, and greater attention to tornado reporting, there has been an increase in the number of tornado reports over the past several decades. This can create a misleading appearance of an increasing trend in tornado frequency. To better understand the true variability and trend in tornado frequency in the US, the total number of strong to violent tornadoes (EF3 to EF5 category on the Enhanced Fujita scale) can be analyzed. These are the tornadoes that would have likely been reported even during the decades before Dopplar radar use became widespread and practices resulted in increasing tornado reports. The bar chart below indicates there has been little trend in the frequency of the strongest tornadoes over the past 55 years.

and yes I know this EF-4 is not the first in recent history. Doesn't change the fact it is a significant tornado.

I never said it wasn't bad. Whenever people die...whenever homes are destroyed, when ever people are hurt...its bad. I always try to put myself in their place...how would I feel if this happened to me?

Also notice in your study..these things happen in groups like they are now..they cyclone, the tornado's the earthquake, the fire...they do this every year and seem to always come at once..its kind of weird...have no idea what it means. Then things settle down again.

God bless

White Spider
May 12th 2008, 08:28 PM
I appreciate your view and it helps keep things even. I know I report things without an emotional view, but I'm not a very sympathetic emotional person so that view rarely occurs to me.

I'm sorry if it seems over dramatic or if it seems like it's the first time somethings happened with the way I word things. I doubt any of it's the first.

And it's not so much whether an EF-4 hit somewhere nobody is. I'm interested in the damage they did. If they ripped up some grass, not important, not significant. If it destroyed a few dozen homes, that's significant. I may be able to find 30 EF-4s in a year with todays technology, but if nothing was destroyed it is insignificant to my study.

And yes I will take into account there are more people living today than there was back then. I'll report the percentages of natural disaster deaths per decade not just the plain numbers.

White Spider
May 12th 2008, 11:50 PM
10,000+ People now confirmed dead in China from the 7.9 earthquake they had.

White Spider
May 14th 2008, 05:52 PM
The number is now at 13,000 and still expected to rise.

Also there is a dam they are trying to keep from collapsing near the epicenter. If it breaks it will flood out some of the already worst hit areas.

:pray: May God be with them.

China Earthquake Update

Royalchild
May 14th 2008, 06:16 PM
Another cyclone is brewing:o & could possibly impact Myanmar again.:pray:

menJesus
May 14th 2008, 06:33 PM
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Royalchild
May 14th 2008, 10:44 PM
Today I was watching World News with Charles Gibson and they were showing media of the aftermath of the earthquake, oh my it was so devastating:(. So sad.............terrible......:cry:

Royalchild
May 15th 2008, 12:34 PM
I live in ten minutes outside of Austin, Tx. and the storms were really bad here last night. We were getting all kinds of sizable hail, any where from nickel size to grapefruit size:o. Also, we had many reports of funnel clouds and some tornado touchdowns. About 5 to 7 minutes up the street from me there was a storm producing one. My husband, myself, and our two kids just prayed:pray: to God for safety. We had to get in a closet under the staircase for about an hour. News reports says we haven't had that type of hail in many, many years.

Royalchild
May 15th 2008, 12:43 PM
In China, there are reports that before the earthquake that there were many frogs everywhere. Well, I was watching the news this morning and the media showed a massive number of frogs together. Immediately, the first thought that came to my mind was the "plague of the frogs:idea:." Just a thought though.

Royalchild
May 15th 2008, 05:41 PM
In China, there are reports that before the earthquake that there were many frogs everywhere. Well, I was watching the news this morning and the media showed a massive number of frogs together. Immediately, the first thought that came to my mind was the "plague of the frogs:idea:." Just a thought though. A while ago, my husband and I was sitting and watching the news on CNN when we saw the same frog infestation :otaking place in Bakersfield, California. My husband said he thinks:hmm: that a big earthquake could strike soon in Cali. That area along with Nevada have been experiencing a number of earthquakes recently over a two week period last month. What do you all think? Could this be a sign of "THE BIG ONE?"

White Spider
May 15th 2008, 05:49 PM
Well the Hayward fault has it's "BIG ONE" about every 140 years on average . . .

2008 is the 140 year anniversary since it's last "BIG ONE" so it is quite possible.

wombat
May 19th 2008, 01:39 PM
I'm gonna do a little study in my spare time. (might take a while)It's gonna include all sorts of different weather and damages. I'm gonna go by decades and work my way back to 1900 . . . and earlier as best as possible. So if you know of anything note worthy in any time period in the last hundred to 200 years I'd appreciate the help. :)
Hello, White Spider! I remembered that you are working on a study here, so I thought you might like to check out this article by Hal Lindsey. It is called Last-Days "Birth Pains" Have Begun, and I found it on his website, which is hallindsey.org. He also spoke about this subject on his most recent television program. In the article (and the program) he mentions the numbers of "significant" earthquakes that the USGS has reported during each decade from 1970s to present. These are interesting numbers. In the 1970s, there were 44. In the 1980s, there were 47. In the 1990s, there were 57. From the year 2000 to present (not even an entire decade yet), there have been 109 in the 7.0 to 7.9 range, and 13 in the 8.0 and above range. Wow! What a jump! I hope this helps in your study.

White Spider
May 19th 2008, 06:26 PM
Hello, White Spider! I remembered that you are working on a study here, so I thought you might like to check out this article by Hal Lindsey. It is called Last-Days "Birth Pains" Have Begun, and I found it on his website, which is hallindsey.org. He also spoke about this subject on his most recent television program. In the article (and the program) he mentions the numbers of "significant" earthquakes that the USGS has reported during each decade from 1970s to present. These are interesting numbers. In the 1970s, there were 44. In the 1980s, there were 47. In the 1990s, there were 57. From the year 2000 to present (not even an entire decade yet), there have been 109 in the 7.0 to 7.9 range, and 13 in the 8.0 and above range. Wow! What a jump! I hope this helps in your study.

Yes it does, thank you :)

moonglow
May 20th 2008, 05:23 PM

I would tread carefully with Hal Lindsey...his track record on getting things right, hasn't been so great. Here is a link that shows earthquakes have not increased and how what Jesus was talking about had to do with THAT time, not a future event: http://www.americanvision.org/bwarchive/2-05%20earthquakes%20and%20endtimes.pdf
Are earthquakes a Sign of the End Times?

God bless

White Spider
May 20th 2008, 06:05 PM
Alright I'll be careful with my studies . . . and again I'm looking into more at death percentages per decade in correlation to the amount of people alive. If there are twenty 9.0+quakes this year and only 500 people die from them, it doesn't matter how strong the quake was, the damages and deaths are what warn us the times are near.

moonglow
May 20th 2008, 06:35 PM
Alright I'll be careful with my studies . . . and again I'm looking into more at death percentages per decade in correlation to the amount of people alive. If there are twenty 9.0+quakes this year and only 500 people die from them, it doesn't matter how strong the quake was, the damages and deaths are what warn us the times are near.

But where do you see that in scriptures? Where does it say it only counts if alot of people die or alot of damage is done? Not sure how you came to this conclusion. Also in the past there were less people! Less buildings! So of course history would show an increase in damages and deaths...:dunno: That wouldn't mean there was an actually INCREASE in earthquakes!

Matthew 24:7
For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.

Mark 13:8
For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows.

Luke 21:11
And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.

I don't see one word here that says 'there will be great earthquakes in various places causing alot of death and destruction'...:hmm:

You seem to be reading something that isn't there unless you are thinking of some other verse that does say that.

God bless

White Spider
May 20th 2008, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure where exactly I got the idea. :hmm: But it seems to me the END TIMES will get worse and worse and worse means worse. So it has to be more devastating, not just more quakes, and other catastrophes.

And the times will not necessarily show an increase just because there are more people. I'm looking at ratios and percentages.

Say 1 billion were alive centuries ago and a million died, thats 0.001 percent. Say today 5 million people died, but there are say 6.5 billion people to make it nice and round. Seems like more people, but again I'm looking at the percentage and 20 million dead today is only 0.00769 percent. So I would not say the catastrophe was more devastating.

tango
May 20th 2008, 09:47 PM
Not sure if this is of interest, you can find more here at the storm prediction centre

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/climo/torn/monthlytornstats.html

http://urbansurvival.com/torgraph.png (http://www.spc.noaa.gov/wcm/torgraph-big.png)

White Spider
May 21st 2008, 01:01 AM
Yes, I've seen that before, a very interesting graph. Definitely a rise this year, unfortunately not a steady rise over the years.

Anyways thought the Stock Market was on it's way to correcting itself, seemed like last week was a good week, then today it drops nearly 200 . . . :dunno:

Seems like as soon as it hits 1300 points it gets scared and drops a couple hundred every time.

tango
May 21st 2008, 06:14 AM
The stock market is an interesting beast. Measured in dollars the Dow is higher than it was in 2000. Measured in inflation-adjusted dollars (using the official inflation figures) it's more or less the same. Measured in gold it's down about 50-60%.

quiet dove
May 21st 2008, 06:21 PM
The stock market is an interesting beast. Measured in dollars the Dow is higher than it was in 2000. Measured in inflation-adjusted dollars (using the official inflation figures) it's more or less the same. Measured in gold it's down about 50-60%.

Then we should pick (a) dollars.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/qdove/photos/sFun_dangling.gif

White Spider
May 21st 2008, 07:18 PM
Then we should pick (a) dollars.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/qdove/photos/sFun_dangling.gif

:lol: There we go, just pick whatever looks best . . . though it looks like it'll be down another 200 or so the end of today:sad:

White Spider
May 21st 2008, 08:46 PM
:hmm: Two days in a row the DOW drops big.
Nearly 200 Tuesday
Around 225 Today

All after it being suggested it was correcting itself after getting back above 13,000 Monday.

And the Fed is saying it won't drop the rates anymore unless the economy seems to need serious help, suggesting we'll just have to wait it out now. Mostly due to the fact dropping the interest rate causes inflation which weakens the dollar and helps raise gas prices which in turn cause sell offs in the Stock Market causing falls anyway. Either way you look at it, the market is going to decline, if not completely crash soon. Time to SELL . . .

White Spider
May 23rd 2008, 02:31 AM
"It's very unusual to see this by a mountain range. It's kind of a freak thing," said Capt. Steve Fleming of the Poudre Fire Authority.

That on the massive tornado that went through Windsor Colorado and neighboring towns.

It killed one and left hundreds of homes damaged.

"Some are completely demolished and unrecognizable -- just masses of timber," said Shane Scofield, a Weld County sheriff's deputy.

------------------------

Then there's the Texas Court that ruled those children at the YFZ camp shouldn't have been taken.

:o Those kids might be given back to those child molesting rapists?

The end must be on it's way.