PDA

View Full Version : Peace of God that passeth all understanding

resbmc
May 16th 2008, 02:23 PM
Just curious, would like to know who out there has really experience the peace of God, the one that Passeth All Understanding, I have and it is a feeling copied by nothing else. If you have, what was the experience that you felt the peace that passeth all understanding.

VerticalReality
May 16th 2008, 02:55 PM
Just curious, would like to know who out there has really experience the peace of God, the one that Passeth All Understanding, I have and it is a feeling copied by nothing else. If you have, what was the experience that you felt the peace that passeth all understanding.

I experience it daily. It's something that never leaves us.

Frances
May 16th 2008, 05:06 PM
The only times the Lord's Peace leaves me is either if I am disobedient, or if I am contemplating moving out of His perfect Will for me.

threebigrocks
May 16th 2008, 06:00 PM
As Frances mentioned, there is peace where our steps fall into line with His. It may become bigger when we undergo trial and testing of our faith, but every day His peace remains.

John 14

26"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. 27"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

And that peace comes from the Spirit who resides within us. Not worldly, but peace that comes from knowing of the hope and promise in which the Spirit testifies to. :)

walked
May 17th 2008, 01:23 PM
We once had enmity between us and God but by Christ work on our behalf, we can rest/trust in Him that we now have peace between us and God, where there was once enmity.

The peace we have is between us and God and it comes from God.
The work Christ Jesus did takes away the enmity between God and the man or woman who will recieve Gods free gift, it takes away the enmity that was between God and that man or woman, and replaces it with peace between God and that man or woman.

There is no peace or rest for us in the fallen world, if thats what we seek then we will only end up disappointed and/or confused.
Our rest is found in what Christ did for us, that is our peace, peace now between us and our righteous Creator, if we remain in Him (trust in Him by our obedience to His 'Christ Jesus' words, teachings and comands).. then we have that "peace" and can rest/trust.

resbmc
May 17th 2008, 02:22 PM
I was trying to talk about that peace, that comes over you when you are in complete dire straits, and no where to turn, and the peace that passes all understand comes upon you, I know that we have his daily peace, and God Bless all who have recieved it, but the peace that PASSETH all understanding is different than the daily peace we get from God every day. It is kinda like the Holy Spirit comes upon you physically, inside you. It is different than the every day peace we get from the Lord. that is why I was wondering if others have felt this because it is something you will always remember feeling. It would be like you just found out your entire family has been killed, and you are so hurt and lost, but then that peace would come upon you physically, there is a complete different feeling than what you are talking about in the daily peace.

walked
May 17th 2008, 03:24 PM
I hear what you are saying, that too to me is the peace that comes our peace with God, where we are no longer His aversaries/enemy but are now His children knowing we can now trust and rest in/on Him (His words and promises).. where before Christ, we could not because we were Gods enemies.

So, someone observing me being joyful, happy and even thankful (at peace) when my situation, circumstances, experiences or happenings call for me to be sad and mourning... this peace would surpass all understanding.
And this peace comes from me not being in a position of enmity between me and God but comes from my position of being at peace with God because of the work Christ Jesus did on my behalf.
To me, there is no other peace!
No matter how bruised and battered we get from living in a fallen world... if we look past the pain and sorrow this world offers, and focus on our future eternity this is the peace that passeth all understanding, and you can experience it everyday! and know that what ever this world offers us is just temporary but what our Father offers us is eternal, and trust that He is in control and has plans designed for our growth toward Him...

I do my best to experience it everyday just by what I choose to think upon.
Simple really: I can think about my present circumstances and situations that arise in fallen creation that I have to live in.
Or: I can think about how my Father uses (all things) toward the good of those who love Him.
So, negative happening, experiences, circumstances and situations, Gods says He will use (all things) to work toward the good of those who love Him.
Some, no almost all the time negative things happen in our lives its very, very difficult to see any good coming from it but ! we can have peace in any situation, circumstance, happenings, experience by trusting that God is faithful to His word that we have an eternal home and anything and everything that happens to us here in this temporay fallen world is just that 'temporary' because we are at peace with Him through Christ.
Ones not at peace with Him trough Christ, this temporary is all they have, but we are at peace with Him so we have more! a future, an eternity with one who loves us as His children.....
Thinking upon this: (I am His child now, and I have an eternal future prepared by God) thinking upon this WILL bring you the peace that passeth all understanding, in any situation, circumstance or experience you find yourself in.
You can have this peace anytime, it just depends on what you choose to allow yourself to think upon temporary things or eternal things, this peace is a free gift that comes from salvation through Christ, but you have to exercise it to experience it, it doesnt just come and go nor is it just brought to you and then taken away, you opperate/control it by what you allow yourself to think upon in any and every situation you find yourself in at any given moment.

Teke
May 17th 2008, 04:26 PM

I call that "hesychasm". Even in the midst of attack, one maintains an inner peace. It's a silent and detached state from hatred and fury (human passions).

An example of Jesus in this state (other than when He faced the cross) is in Luke. In this example Jesus is faced with those in the synagogues fury, this is His home town also, as they reject His mission. Even as they are in a state of rage to do harm to Him, He is in this perfect state of peace by His example.

Luk 4:28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,

Luk 4:29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

Luk 4:30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way,

Luk 4:31 And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days.

Luk 4:32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.

This peace is translated socially by our response as well. :)

visus
May 18th 2008, 01:56 AM
before i got baptized my friends who were christians told me of this peace, and i would say yeah right, whatever. But then i got saved and i now experience that same peace.

It is a peace where if the world is turning upside down, deep down inside there is a peace, because you know you will overcome.

I think this is one of the things that seperates christianity from other religions. And i think all Christians should be experiencing this peace, once you are truly saved.

calidog
May 18th 2008, 02:12 AM
It's most apparent in times we should be experiencing turmoil.

longtooth
May 19th 2008, 05:36 PM
At 56 I found out that I had cance. Have always been strong, active, & very physical. the Drs discription of my Cancer was:
Cancer is like cats. All are cats & all cancer is still cancer.
On a scale of one to ten you can have a mad house cat clawing at your ankle or a Bengal Tiger at your throat.
You have a 9, the tiger is just on your back.
I did not have a pre surgery answer from the Lord about cure or not. I just knew the total pease of God that only the possessor can understand & knew I was a winner either way.
BTW I always speak of my cancer in the past tense as in 1st sentance.
The Great Physician trained all his hired hands down here whether in medicine or ministry. The Surgeon got it all & The Healer finished the job.
Thank you Lord in Jesus Name. AMEN